Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Dj Bass

dj did u figure out how to use this darn thing?

Hey there mflb, the only issue I have had thus far with getting either evo-LV or dart-LV to run on my Persei with 18650 batts loaded is the whole "wiggly connection is fucking bullshit and cuts out on me because of the adapter." Other than that it has powered both devices even better than my thermo handles I think....

Dj Bass,

B.

War Criminal
im pretty sure the TV unit will power all of those as well... with the correct battery config of couse, but that flashlight attachment is great. i have also been looking into the SaberTouch. looks like a 2-3 week waiting period while they make them though.

then again we dont know what gem TV is working on right now. im finding it very hard to wait. :nod:

Nice, which battery would I use in my original size TV to power a LR evo?

B.,

OF

TV sells a universal adapter, that some people are having trouble getting to fit right. That is what spawned this leg of the conversation...

Actually, if you look close you'll see it's the same one THC and OneLove sell (basically). The male end is 601 (threads into Omicrons but not TV), the female end is 510, it' accepts TV carts, other e-cig stuff, but not Omicron carts. 'Everyone' sells an adapter to put their stuff on Omicron. In a fun way, Omicron sells one to put the other fellows stuff on their supplies as well......

We need the other kind, female 601 to fit Omicron, male 510 to fit the standard supplies.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Actually, if you look close you'll see it's the same one THC and OneLove sell (basically). The male end is 601 (threads into Omicrons but not TV), the female end is 510, it' accepts TV carts, other e-cig stuff, but not Omicron carts. 'Everyone' sells an adapter to put their stuff on Omicron. In a fun way, Omicron sells one to put the other fellows stuff on their supplies as well......

We need the other kind, female 601 to fit Omicron, male 510 to fit the standard supplies.

OF

That just confused me OF and I understand both ends of the adapter use. The most clear way to get the RIGHT adapter is to know that the first number is the battery threading, the second number is the cartridge/heat core threading.

I just dropped a link twice that has the 510-m601 listed. That will let you put your omicron cartridges on a 510 battery set up.

OF

10 mins. of google search and this was the only place that I found them (as mentioned in my previous post), but in case it got buried... http://www.crystaleliquid.com/xcart/product.php?productid=309

Looks like it should work, I ordered a couple to see. So far 'their computer hasn't gotten back to my computer' but it's still a chance.

Thanks for repeating it, I somehow missed it before I guess? Although you know do recall trying to buy a few from someone six months or more back only to have the order disappear into the dark end of Al Gore's internet never to be heard from again. I hope it wasn't these guys? Have you bought from them?

OF

OF,

OF

That just confused me OF and I understand both ends of the adapter use. The most clear way to get the RIGHT adapter is to know that the first number is the battery threading, the second number is the cartridge/heat core threading.

That's what I once thought too. I found at least one seller who doesn't agree along the way. Now I check pretty close (or go with what someone I trust says works, of course). Lucky it's a ten dollar gamble to try.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That's what I once thought too. I found at least one seller who doesn't agree along the way. Now I check pretty close (or go with what someone I trust says works, of course). Lucky it's a ten dollar gamble to try.

Thanks.

OF

so far in all of my e cig purchase experience, they have all been listed this way, as a standard. Maybe the one site you found was confused?? I haven't ever run into that being changed around, it would get too confusing for the buyer. Not saying you didn't experience that, I just have not. Cool that you took the leap to order some adapters from that crystal liquid site... I hope they are legit.

Just got an email from the electronic-cigz.com saying the adapters are expected to arrive this week. Maybe we need to start an adapter thread??

jambandphan03,

OF

Cool on both ends. I'd be nice to have more available than needed. The second ones are SS so can't be soldered to but the first are chrome brass. Some of each would be nice, don'cha think?

Hopefully the shortage will be over and a 'heads up' here and on the TV thread will cover it?

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
...snip...Maybe the 20 watt spec is at full battery voltage? 20 watts / 4.2 volts (full charge) = 4.76 amps... throw in some circuit resistance and I think my measured 4.1 amps is probably pretty accurate. And from there it should only decrease as the battery voltage drops, so the evo is really a sub 20 watt device? :tup:
Someone mentioned this a few dozen pages before your message, I don't recall who, and I meant to reply then but forgot, so before this turns into an (incorrect) urban legend...

This is wrong. It's backwards. If you lower the voltage, you increase the current, to maintain the same power. If you have a 20 watt load, and you supply it 10 volts, it's going to be drawing 2 amps. With the same 20 watt load, if you supply it 5 volts, it's going to draw 4 amps. That's why the LV-EV draws more current than the standard (6v) EV.

Watts (Power) = Volts (Voltage) * Amps (Current).

So if you want to check if the current rating of your switch is high enough, you should be calculating using the lowest voltage the cell(s) get to before they cutoff, NOT the highest voltage they have when fresh off the charger.

Note that no heater core is going to have a constant power draw. It will most likely draw more power when it's cold, and then stabilize when it gets to its running temperature. Then as you draw air through it, the core will draw more power to keep the temp up. You could dig up a .05 or .01 ohm kilowatt rated load, (maybe OF has one), put it in series with the battery/batteries, hook up a storage scope, press the button, and watch what shows up on the scope. Or you could ask TV Tim if he can tell you what the cold state onrush current to a given heater core is. :)

Onward thru the Fog.

Haywood,

JoeKickass

Just got an email from the electronic-cigz.com saying the adapters are expected to arrive this week. Maybe we need to start an adapter thread??

Got the same email last week lol, but I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to hear back from OF's crystaleliquid initiative.

I've been aching to run a 1.5 ohm omicart on my tiny little ultra...

JoeKickass,

VAPORIZER22

Got the same email last week lol, but I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to hear back from OF's crystaleliquid initiative.

I've been aching to run a 1.5 ohm omicart on my tiny little ultra...

Got that same reply three weeks ago, and again on Friday. We shall see.

VAPORIZER22,

Mflbparox

I got my 6v evo today. Here is my video review with me using it for the very first time. Great success! I am sure it will get even better once I learn how to use it. I put in about 0.1 gram and got many big clouds. I also put on an o-ring and I can confirm it helps keep the cover on.

hey bruno did u take ur hand off the button at all or did u hold it on the whole time??

Mflbparox,

bruno13

insomniac
hey bruno did u take ur hand off the button at all or did u hold it on the whole time??

I kept it down the whole time except for the last couple. I do not know it i needed to, but I did. All abv was a nice used color. I have not used it much so do not really know how to use it yet.

bruno13,

JoeKickass

Someone mentioned this a few dozen pages before your message, I don't recall who, and I meant to reply then but forgot, so before this turns into an (incorrect) urban legend...

This is wrong. It's backwards. If you lower the voltage, you increase the current, to maintain the same power. If you have a 20 watt load, and you supply it 10 volts, it's going to be drawing 2 amps. With the same 20 watt load, if you supply it 5 volts, it's going to draw 4 amps. That's why the LV-EV draws more current than the standard (6v) EV.

Watts (Power) = Volts (Voltage) * Amps (Current).

So if you want to check if the current rating of your switch is high enough, you should be calculating using the lowest voltage the cell(s) get to before they cutoff, NOT the highest voltage they have when fresh off the charger.

Note that no heater core is going to have a constant power draw. It will most likely draw more power when it's cold, and then stabilize when it gets to its running temperature. Then as you draw air through it, the core will draw more power to keep the temp up. You could dig up a .05 or .01 ohm kilowatt rated load, (maybe OF has one), put it in series with the battery/batteries, hook up a storage scope, press the button, and watch what shows up on the scope. Or you could ask TV Tim if he can tell you what the cold state onrush current to a given heater core is. :)

Onward thru the Fog.

Almost, and there are certainly good ideas and forumlae in there but there are a couple things to straighten out:

The amps flowing through a resister depend only on how much the voltage is "pushing" and how much resistance is "resisting the push" and while the resistance does change a bit with temperature, the most noticeable change is indeed due to the battery voltage. The current will be the largest when the battery voltage is the largest.

While you can use volts * amps to find the power at any given moment, you cannot assume that the power is always 20 watts. It might start off at that level but as the battery voltage drops the resistance is still more or less the same, so the battery can't "push" as much current as when it was fully charged. The lower it gets, the slower it discharges. That's why it seems to take longer to heat up when the battery is low.

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

my tv evo isnt wiggly at all in my persei idk what yall are talking about haha it just doesnt work

How tightly did you screw down the universal adapter? Maybe something got damaged...

I stop maybe an eighth of a turn after I feel it start to touch the center contact.

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

am i not supposed to screw it all the way????

I'll let someone else chime in, but I think someone managed to break/short out their unit (think it was a v1 omicron?) because the center contact got pushed too far into the socket...

JoeKickass,

Mflbparox

I'll let someone else chime in, but I think someone managed to break/short out their unit (think it was a v1 omicron?) because the center contact got pushed too far into the socket...

the red heater doesnt come on in mine unless mine is screwed in till its somewhat firm

Mflbparox,

OF

my tv evo isnt wiggly at all in my persei idk what yall are talking about haha it just doesnt work

OK, why doesn't it? I kinda got lost along the way. Does the core light up properly on your Persei? How long does it take until it's stable?

Edit: I forgot to say, it has to be snug enough so the contact is solid on both top and bottom of the adapter. The typical instructions say to put it on the cart first, on my Persei with my adapter it doesn't seem to matter which is first. But it does have to be snug to make the connection in the threads and center pin well.

The proof of good contact is a rapid and even ramp up to full power (empty bowl, looking in) every time.

TIA

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

whenever i grind my nug really fine when i inhale like half my bud gets stuck on the top of the evolution haha i havent gotten 1 huge cloud yet so upsetting! wish i still had my mflbs :(

Mflbparox,
whenever i grind my nug really fine when i inhale like half my bud gets stuck on the top of the evolution haha i havent gotten 1 huge cloud yet so upsetting! wish i still had my mflbs :(

Are u using the Trustfire 18650 that came with the Pers? That might be your problem. I had the same prob for a minute till I put an AW IMR in there.

havealight101,
Reactions: JoeKickass

VAPORIZER22

I think OF explained a page or two back that this is part of the concept/design of the Evo in order to not need to stir the bowl?

Do you have the same results if you do a medium grind instead of fine?

VAPORIZER22,
Top Bottom