Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Duba

Accessory Maker
@Duba will probably be able to help you, but I don't know if they have access to the dimensions themselves yet.
I’ve actually got a @Duba XL anvil case… I wonder if that would work?
I look forward to my TA🥳. I didn't buy the stem version but with the dimensions I could make a custom sleeve.
I'll test the heat of the TA and the heat resistance of the leather and see if it will be possible to store it warm in its sleeve like the Anvil.

Texus

@Texus any chance you could hook it up?

Would need the total length of the device and the thickness of the thickest part of the device. Think my TA will be a minute yet as the postmen here are striking again
I'd have done that already but my electronic calipers have given up the ghost and I'd want to be sure those measurements were precise enough.

Texus,
Reactions: Franco

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Hint: if you are going to start a product thread to promote your product- start with some good photos right here, in the first post, not a link to another site... I will not click and I will not go through a multi-page thread looking for photos.
This should be a forum rule, IMO.

Also, some of us will not open an Instagram account for reasons - post the photos here or some free image hosting as well as your IG.

Oh, and don't show me fancy arty photography with soft focus effects and all that BS... show me photos of your heater and the rest of the device and tell me what the materials that will get hot are. This is what matters.

Ralph

Hint: if you are going to start a product thread to promote your product- start with some good photos right here, in the first post, not a link to another site... I will not click and I will not go through a multi-page thread looking for photos.

Also, some of us will not open an Instagram account for reasons - post the photos here or some free image hosting as well as your IG.

Oh, and don't show me fancy arty photography with soft focus effects and all that BS... show me photos of your heater and the rest of the device and tell me what the materials that will get hot are. This is what matters.

Take a chill dude!!!!!!

My_50p_worth

Perhaps read the thread? All the things you seek are in there if you actually take the time to read it. It’s 14 pages dude, half hour tops. The thread also wasn’t started by the maker, just so you’re aware.

You’ll understand from reading the thread that this is PP’s first foray into the world of vape production and he’s more or less a one man show, not a big company experienced with this stuff. The launch was also a somewhat limited release to test the waters and not really something for the wider public as of yet.

I feel you should understand the context and temper your expectations somewhat. You’re the first one with these kind of issues and everyone else has been very happy thus far

Texus

Or since this is an open forum, let people choose what if any pics or vids they care to share, in whatever manner they prefer. Then you can decide if you want to live with your choices on clicking links, joining IG etc.

We don't come here to cater to your whims.

My_50p_worth

Or since this is an open forum, let people choose what if any pics or vids they care to share, in whatever manner they prefer. Then you can decide if you want to live with your choices on clicking links, joining IG etc.

We don't come here to cater to your whims.
Exactly. I refuse to use any FB owned platform but I understand that Instagram is the platform of choice for most so I accept most things will be posted on there and find workarounds to view these things

On another topic, how’s the bocote TA treating you? Bloody post workers are striking till Friday so I fear I may not see mine this week. Ah well, can’t control it so no point sweating it

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
They are not whims but sensible suggestions for both a good, accessible and useful forum, and better marketing for the manufacturer.

My frustration comes from repeated experience. I don't have the energy to go through pages and pages of text trying to figure out what a thing is and if it's something I may want, and that just doesn't make sense to me. It feels like they are not eager to sell?

I know that to sell stuff you gotta show what youre selling .... I don't use reddti or IG or anything else... i just come here to see the latest in vape tech and would like it to stay that way.

I am not a moderator so it is not for me to let anyone do or not do anything, but you(anyone) are free to cater to my whims by showing me what you are selling. ;)

Finally, these are and can only be take-it-or leave-it suggestions from a frustrated reader, not a vape nazi ...

Over & out!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Bloody post workers are striking till Friday
Please don't blame the post workers on strike, blame the assholes exploiting them
:)

I don't have the energy to go through pages and pages of text trying to figure out what a thing is and if it's something I may want, and that just doesn't make sense to me. It feels like they are not eager to sell?
You don't have to. No one is forcing you. If reading a bit is too much effort being an early adapter isn't for you. PP has produced a small first batch, next batch will be different already or at least the device is in quite rapid development. It's just a lot to ask of a maker who's launching his first vape to a small group of people (many of whom that have been following development here and on insta), to have a nice landing page with everything the way you want it. Go to vgoodiez for summarized info and some pics and vids.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
They are not whims but sensible suggestions for both a good, accessible and useful forum, and better marketing for the manufacturer.

My frustration comes from repeated experience. I don't have the energy to go through pages and pages of text trying to figure out what a thing is and if it's something I may want, and that just doesn't make sense to me. It feels like they are not eager to sell?

I know that to sell stuff you gotta show what youre selling .... I don't use reddti or IG or anything else... i just come here to see the latest in vape tech and would like it to stay that way.

I am not a moderator so it is not for me to let anyone do or not do anything, but you(anyone) are free to cater to my whims by showing me what you are selling. ;)

Finally, these are and can only be take-it-or leave-it suggestions from a frustrated reader, not a vape nazi ...

Over & out!

If it is a repeated problem, then maybe you should create a general post about it, in the community discussion section... Not in a specific product thread where it is pretty off topic? Because these threads do not exist to promote products for the manufacturers by the way... This is just FuckCombustion!

Moving on, my TA has arrived today!

Texus

On another topic, how’s the bocote TA treating you? Bloody post workers are striking till Friday so I fear I may not see mine this week. Ah well, can’t control it so no point sweating it
Really loving it. Since I had a similar DV stem, I strongly expected I would. Great balance great shape and great feel. I'd suggested that the outside edge on the mouthpiece be more rounded off, but thru use (in combination with the moisture from my mouth I suppose) that's gotten better. May still dig out a very fine-grained sandpaper still tho.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
'@everyone who's suported this project' Thank you again.
Pictures of TA that I haven't taken really bring it home as to exactly what I've got myself into.
Apologies to anyone who didn't get everything that was supposed to arrive, my fault entirely.
First time nerves:lol:

Yes the lid/tamp tool is mediocre. I had to swap out a faulty leadscrew on my cnc router and it needs the axis all squaring up. It'd be fine for one sided pieces but the tools are a doubled side job and it makes a big difference. The cuts are all over the place.
They are a protoype until I can work out a prettier solution. The thinking cap is on.
I sent them out because I wanted to give everyone a way of taking off the hot end straight away.

@Duba has mentioned a pinch ring. I looked at leather thimbles.

@Comfortably Numb I'm looking into a woden sleeve solution for metal DV stems.

@Pgnciousd sorry an anxious mind is not the best. My Mrs. gave me shit when I told her I'd forgotten stuff.
The learning curve is one thing I knew would appeal to those who don't like butane vapes.
It will be pretty much non existent once the timed IH appear.

@mixchu69 and @BigJr48 I'm having 5 minutes to myself and clearing up some other things.
A request for a helmet came in which I'm really looking forward to doing.
New year and it's full on TA focus. More 8mm should be available in bigger quantities from March/April time.
I have to speak to a lot of people so I'm guessing on that.

@letter never sent the Wand adapters were sent out because I know a lot of VC users have Wands and they make for a peaceful vape session.
I'll not deny it does appear cobbled together on some stems and for me it's down to the wooden ring. My worry was that if a hot TA fell out of a slack stem it has to be picked up.

@RamboDig as @VGOODIEZ says yes chunks work. I tried a couple of times. Not the biggest weed fan but it was nice tasting fresh terps when you hand ground those vaped nugs.

@whatitdew clicks are so last year:lol:

All the UK, EU and international orders on my side are sat in the post office waiting for a Friday pick up.

@Helios that stem was one of my first ventures into accents down the length. Nice reminder, thank you.
If you carry on popping that cherry all that lovely dark blue will disappear or it should.
I love extracts. My mouth waters watching a big squish.
Not a big consumer usually 40 VC bowls to a gram, I'll have to do a TA count.

@danjens thank you. 2018 wow, that time has flown by. Now I'm thinking a TA with sqaure fins would look nice.
Flavour was one thing I hoped would be good. Metal mutes the best parts.
It'll never be as good as all glass but a big portion of the heated air is flowing through the beads so it helps retain those terps.

@My_50p_worth if you go with a 20mm bore you will be good. Cigar cases tend to be a decent size.
This is just the beginning and ther will be cases coming.

@gotbadvas I'm over the moon you are enjoying it. You can imagine my face when I ran my first few bowls.
I'm thinking 'yep it works'. A few more and my torch confidence is up, 'fuk yeah it works'.

@NimChimpsky thank you. Let's hope it stays in rotation.

@Haze Mister thank you for the insight.
Hint; I'm 55 years of age and very much set in my ways.:lol:
I used to be one of those guys who'd come round to your house rip the floors up and tear holes in the wall so you could have an extra light switch in the room or another socket outlet.
Promoting myself and the things I do doesn't come natural to me but I've come a long way in 6 years.

As you don't use Instagram in the past few years I have rarely used FC.
IG gives me all the marketing and engagement I need. As My_50p says 'it's only me'.
There are a few pictures in this thread and video. Streamable is a free video hosting site and from a person who puts the effort into posting video it a good choice.
I can understand the frustration and general lack of energy using a digit on a mouse to click or scroll through pages of text to find that one nuance of information you wish was in the first sentence. Believe me I've been there and I'll go there again. Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

@endof3d thank you. It all started out very innocently in July and now look where we are.

@flyin911 nope all sold out but if it helps the Revolve 2 is a very nice stem.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari I've encouraged the counter staff in my local office to go on strike. There was a period when post office workers were being accused of stealing from the company. All the time they accused and destroyed peoples lives they knew there was a fault with their software.
Turning Olivewood just makes me want to bbq something.

Just remembered I made a couple of 10F14M adapters. Indian Summer acrylic but I also did a Blackwood one.

Shit Snacks

Yes the olive wood is very nice indeed! Love the finger pinch on the WPA, cuts on the joints seem very nice for me and mine so far, I have a wide variety of glass though which always varies lol Did one long burn off with RiO torch and this is the first time I ever heated metal like this watching the color change, very fun and exciting!! (wow the cherry lol) I had the cap slightly unscrewed as I did the burn off to try to allow for extra airflow etc. I probably heated for over 90 seconds yeah, mostly the tip though also lower and rotating, afterward just smelled hot metal really nothing bad, let it cool off to get ready for initial load... With some of my best freshest herbs out of a wide variety I have now, zprite, medium coarse grind (from upside down bcg coarse plate) carefully packed with rogue wax works xl non magnetic steel scoop pretty much full:
PXL-20221130-230413484.jpg

I heated I think 40 to 50 seconds, with pretty large flame, close to the bottom of the flame, at the tip of the TA, rotating a bit too, with RiO torch flat and the flame pointing up so TA horizontal... Grabbed my Phineas heady hook and went for the steady deep inhale, instant milk, very rich flavorful first puff with plenty of dense vapor, the following puff had vapor so thick I was almost fearing combustion although looking at it I could ultimately tell it was still vapor, and though the flavor faded through the terps, it was still riding that line as they say palpably, cleared and exhaled to confirm, tried to pace a little more and control inhale to avoid potential combustion for another puff, taste shining through with the simple glass and metal pathways so well that I wasn't surprised when I quickly took off the hot cap to see:
PXL-20221130-230840452.jpg

Full darkened extraction, no combustion, beneath this top layer once emptied out, the herbs were slightly lighter though still quite extracted, glad I stopped when I did! Pretty apparent that it is pretty pure convection the way the heat can be controlled, although there is a tiny percentage of that radiant conduction etc judging by the quality of the vapor and thoroughness of the extraction? This is just one bowl observations so obviously stoned guessing lol next time I will heat for less time, but now I know how to ride the line successfully already, so I'm glad this is the one I went with because the style, simple and elegant, clean control, with the vapor quality and convenience, on top of supporting an FC buddy, make it clear I made the right choice being not such a fan of most torch vapes (but now this is similar ritualistic and practical torching wise to how I would dab which is also what I was hoping why this one was more appealing to me) sorry off on a bit of a first bowl ramble impressions!! More to come of course...

Yes the lid/tamp tool is mediocre. I had to swap out a faulty leadscrew on my cnc router and it needs the axis all squaring up. It'd be fine for one sided pieces but the tools are a doubled side job and it makes a big difference. The cuts are all over the place.
They are a protoype until I can work out a prettier solution. The thinking cap is on.
I sent them out because I wanted to give everyone a way of taking off the hot end straight away.

Omg that is cool, I haven't tried it as a tamper, but I was wondering what that ring on the other end was for, as I was thinking an integrated tamper would have been perfect, because my rogue scoop fit the bull perfectly, but the tamp on the other end of it does not... I will test it to tamp and report back, perhaps the better option would be to have it stick outwards and be narrower on that end for a more safe universal fit if that was an issue?? Not quite as nice looking I suppose... Oh and then it wouldn't be able to sit flat, hmmm

Oh one little nitpick, the bottom of the metal liner is a bit too short for the wood, rather the wood is too long, goes past the metal at the bottom of the WPA... So I'm not sure how easy that will be to keep clean as a result?

The learning curve is one thing I knew would appeal to those who don't like butane vapes.
It will be pretty much non existent once the timed IH appear.

Yes! You nailed it, again, so glad I went in on this, I had a feeling it seemed like you had done something different with this one compared to all the others I've seen, that made me feel more confident from my torch banger experience that I could probably get on with this well enough... I am of course very excited for a proper external electronic heater though!!!

Flavour was one thing I hoped would be good. Metal mutes the best parts.

Yes, again, as I was saying in my ramble above, the pure metal allows the taste to shine through, and it also can help mute some of the nastiness as you cook through the terps, like I wouldn't say the puffs after my first one were super tasty, but they were not tasting bad at all, not too harsh either without extensive cooling...

You can imagine my face when I ran my first few bowls.
I'm thinking 'yep it works'. A few more and my torch confidence is up, 'fuk yeah it works'.

Haha yes yes yes! This is it, so I think you can imagine mine, thinking yep it works with a big smile, looking forward to the next bowls with a bit more torch confidence control quicker heating... Thanks again (@VGOODIEZ too!) for bringing this to the community!!!!!

:nod::luv::bowdown::spliff::smug:

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

@phattpiggie

Thanks for the info - I’ll take a look at cases matching that spec.

In future, perhaps we could get the option to purchase some sort of basic tube case with the tamp tool and magnet integrated?

Sort of like the anvil utility case, which is something I’ve found to be pretty ideal for pocketability and long hikes/bike rides as it isn’t too bulky

Of course, I know many others prefer the “stash” style cases so they can take some material or extra parts with them

Shit Snacks

Yeah many more bowls and herbs now, it's actually all I've used all day and night, like an herbal dab jay puffer, easy robust vapor and fantastically thorough, efficient extraction simply done... I can see how dry stems would be great, but phineas heady hook works so well and so much more to try:
PXL-20221201-050511105.jpg

Also tried some water, although this isn't the best piece, maybe because of the restriction, but it still rips bowls and looks great:
PXL-20221201-081538924.jpg

PXL-20221201-081545177.jpg

(Phineas mouthpiece with china adapter on china rig with RickBirdBarry drop-down)

Top Bottom