Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Ripped a few bowls this morning. It was pretty easy to get a nice sesh right away. Definitely seems forgiving. I'll need to mess around with heating times and flame size more. Using Blazer Firefox for this. I followed the recommended times to start and had to add a little extra heat a few times. I'm very used to waiting on a click so it will take some adjusting. Felt a little Vapman-esque for sure.

The vapor was pretty nice! Decent clouds, nice flavor, not too harsh. AVB came out similar to how I heat my Anvil for native use. I got the standalone heater and don't have a large collection of Dyna stems, so I'm just using it with a beefy glass cooling stem from O'Connell. I do think a purpose-built stem solution would be better, as sticking it on a glass stem feels a bit hacked together, but it was significantly cheaper to get in this way and see what this thing is all about. I also wasn't crazy about being permanently tied to a single stem or WPA.

Overall, first impression is favorable. It's a neat device. I'll definitely get it on a WPA tonight as testing continues...

Texus

Still need to dig out my Blazer pencil torch but this pencil torch (a bit more powerful than the Blazer IIRC) worked well. I prefer the Blazer pencil to it since you don't need to keep holding down the lighting mechanism on it. Spring on this one means you need to keep applying force with your thumb for the entire lenghty heating period. My main complaint against that Dynavap/Vapman style torch that they package with their vapes as well.

Also tried out some of my MJ Arsenal glass with 10mm female joints but preferred just the bocote stem over what I tried so far (Saturn and Apollo). Look forward to the WPA buyers' reports on good matches. And need to find my dang 14 to 10mm female adapter.

RamboDig

Also tried out some of my MJ Arsenal glass with 10mm female joints but preferred just the bocote stem over what I tried so far
Same here, I have a MJA Turbine, and don't see much reason to go sliding that nice stem in and out of glass. At the moment, I'm enjoying it passed back and forth, native stem, and reheated when we dilly dally.

Edit: Especially since it's fixed stem.

OK, I just got this thing on a WPA, and it can really fucking rip! It works well with this Ed’s glass WPA. I love the anodization colors too! Still need to keep dialing it in but feeling pretty knocked out from my first hit through water.

Side note - I’ve been having a little trouble with the removal tool. Maybe I’m just uncoordinated but it feels like the sizing is slightly off, I can’t get it on cleanly most of the time and that can lead to the heater falling out of the tool, the bowl disconnecting from the stem, etc. Maybe I'll try sanding it down a touch.

7-FA7-C954-01-F4-48-E7-98-CD-926-C5-A79-D9-EC.jpg

Last edited:

Texus

OK, I just got this thing on a WPA, and it can really fucking rip! It works well with this Ed’s glass WPA. I love the anodization colors too! Still need to keep dialing it in but feeling pretty knocked out from my first hit through water.

Side note - I’ve been having a little trouble with the removal tool. Maybe I’m just uncoordinated but it feels like the sizing is slightly off, I can’t get it on cleanly most of the time and that can lead to the heater falling out of the tool, the bowl disconnecting from the stem, etc. Maybe I'll try sanding it down a touch.

7-FA7-C954-01-F4-48-E7-98-CD-926-C5-A79-D9-EC.jpg
What glass piece are you using there?

danjens

My TA arrived very quickly from vgoodiez via usps.
I feel fortunate to pair my TA with this beautiful stem, PP turned for me back in 2018.

I am using a Zico single torch or ronx dual; 50 seconds and 23 second respectively.

Flavor is amazing out this vape. I was expecting more of a roast my flavor but it is tasty convection bliss, for almost the entire bowl. The first hit is insanely terpy and delicious, rivals any flavor chasing vape in my collection.

I tried heating aggressively and got to “ride the line.” This brought more of a toasty essence but provided many (10+) cloudy pulls, very reminiscent of sitting with a joint.
I find the heating threshold to be extremely forgiving, I’m yet to combust and after the first handful of bowls I ditched the timer.

Vapor production leaves nothing to be desired. It just pumps out thick tasty clouds, again and again and again.

AVB is perfectly uniform every time. Absolutely no need to stir.

I ran a few bowls through little water and could see this little vape shelving a few desktops in the rotation.

I really enjoy the whole experience. The long count and slow rotation of the stem feels very ritualistic and requires some mindfulness.

I really can’t say enough about this vape.
I have quite a few vapes in the butane realm and the Thermal Accumulator quickly became my absolute favorite.

I would highly recommend this vape to anyone interested.

@phattpiggie thank you so much for this creation and all your efforts in the vapor world. We are lucky to have you around.

My_50p_worth

Has anyone with the bocote TA found a good case for it? Would be nice to order one in anticipation of my TA arriving.

If not could somebody share the dimensions of it?

Cheers!

gotbadvas

I think it's safe to say this thing is going to retire some of my other vapes. Really starting to get a hang of it and I love it. I tried a bowl of gelato 33 topped with a hunk of caviar that is around 60% thc but can be a real pain to vape. This thing seems to do great with it. I hit it through my Grav wedge dry whew man I am gonna be sitting down for a little. Still a lot left in the bowl but I am tapping out for now.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Quick hit and run, I'll be back to address a couple of things and answer questions tomorrow.
Thank you for the great pictures, patina's are coming along very nicely.
The support has been immense and I am really pleased people are enjoying themselves.

@ShayWhiteGrow and I enjoy RTC'ing. Riding The Cherry:lol:
Please be careful if you try this it'll smart a bit if you put the wrong end in your mouth.

NimChimpsky

Hey fam :wave: hope all are well. Been a min since I've posted but I'm back in action with the bocote TA.

I've never had the pleasure of owning a PhattPiggie stem before so I am extra delighted to have my TA on this curvy bocote and blackwood. Super sexy.

Beyond the obvious good looks, quality construction, and always speedy shipping from vgoodiez, I am loving the performance of this device.

Great results with a torch. Currently using a Blazer PB207 (have a Big Buddy otw) which has a pretty modest single jet. The larger torch will speed things up but good to know a smaller single flame will be able to fully extract for on the go.

Great results with the Wand. The provided attachment works well for me. I do 40 secs to a min depending on mood - I can pretty much one hit clear a bowl through my gooroo 3 pc with a min on the Wand (love that the stem is a 10mm wpa also).

I have found the claims that it works as well without grinding the bud to be true. Same with not having to rotate over the flame, which I still do out of habit or perhaps ocd.

Flavor is amazing out this vape. I was expecting more of a roast my flavor but it is tasty convection bliss, for almost the entire bowl. The first hit is insanely terpy and delicious, rivals any flavor chasing vape in my collection.
I echo these sentiments regarding flavor.

I feel really lucky to have snagged this (last) bocote unit. Definitely a winner to me and will certainly be a mainstay in the rotation. Looking forward to future updates and accessories. I'll post some pics and more thoughts as the fun continues. Thanks PP!

Last edited:
Top Bottom