Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

TedJones

I'm even more impressed now that I've replaced the boro beads with a mix of sic and zirc beads (on the advice of my friend @Kalu 😉).
Thanks for mentioning :tup: Just tried this mixture and got multiple dense pulls on a rig without much harshness. I closed the airflow down a bit since I have 3.5 zirc .. but may not need to next time :science:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Ever thankful for the continued support.

Took some time out from cleaning parts to put together some custom TA.
IMG-20240613-142404-631-3.jpg

IMG-20240613-142429-181-2.jpg

IMG-20240502-112506-391.jpg

Briar and Blackwood with red and silver accents.
IMG-20240618-130642-042-2.jpg

Bog Oak and Buffalo Horn with black accent.
IMG-20240618-130411-957-2.jpg

Ziricote 14mm wide bore WPTA
Screenshot-20240630-123934.png

Last but not least
Amboyna Burr 14/18mm wide bore WPTA with matching MagSink and carbon fibre storage tube.
IMG-20240626-111251-815.jpg

IMG-20240626-111358-634.jpg

Had a few people asking about the TA4, EasiLoad.
The few that went out have had a small tool included to secure the top load, intake adjuster section.
Unfortunately my CNC machine pc decided it no longer liked me so until it's fixed there won't be any more tools being made.
However the TA4 will be available mid August with the tool following when the CNC is up and running again.
At the same time all TA parts will be available separately.

PrematureEvaporation

Safe to say my custom walnut body has turned out beautifully. I’m loving the aroma every time I heat it up, and the slight taste it imparts on the vapour. I asked for a finish similar to the vapman and they’ve got it spot on.

This TA3 is quite easily my favourite butane setup I’ve had. With a good electric portable alongside it I see myself having no need for another vape.

IMG-2103.jpg

PrematureEvaporation

Has anyone had much experience changing ball materials in their TA3?

While I don’t think I’ll go to Ruby (too similar to glass in my use) I have been taking a look at Zirc and SiC options.

From research and talking to another user it would seem like Zirc is slower to heat up and ramp up, but stays there longer and is more forgiving? A sipper sort of choice.

SiC seems like it would have a much smaller heat up and ramp up time, which would give bigger clouds faster but also be easier to push too far? A ripper sort of choice.

Duba

Accessory Maker
@PrematureEvaporation :

As you said the TA3 heater matrix is really interesting, I'm even more impressed now that I've replaced the boro beads with a mix of sic and zirc beads (on the advice of my friend @Kalu 😉). Combined with the Forge, I get incredible results in terms of extraction power, smoothness and flavor. Heating time for complete extraction: 19sec.
Forgive me for quoting myself, but I posted a while ago about my pleasure at using a mixture of sic & zirc beads in my TA3.

PrematureEvaporation

@PrematureEvaporation :

Forgive me for quoting myself, but I posted a while ago about my pleasure at using a mixture of sic & zirc beads in my TA3.
Interesting… I’m actually going to try the Zirc anyways so I’ll try and find some SiC to mix in.

Anyone know where to get 3mm SiC beads for a good price? Everywhere I’ve seen is either large amounts of balls or money. I’d just like a cheap 50-100 pack.

PrematureEvaporation,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I filled my TA4 with Zrc (50/50 with 2.5mm & 3mm) and really liked the extra time I had per heat as it meant the forge cooled more before I did a reheat. I have tried layering in different additional heat retention material like gem cut rubies and the time it takes to heat up properly is just too long, I prefer the speed of the boro.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Which TA versions do you have/prefer? I might pick up a TA3 when I am ordering a cobra coil for my chaos. I think you have a few 3's.
The TA3 is my favourite, I have 3xTA3 and 1xTA4

I have another oven that fits, from a different device which is more like the Knurled 55x3mm one with open airflow which I sometimes use because of the significantly larger amount of SS. Its interesting to see how they work and how they differ - but the TA3 & Tempest are my everyday devices.

The VV (who's oven fits the TA bowl), Anvil and HyperDyn, Screwball and a wireless kit are out for use - but I keep reaching for my TA3 and Tempest more than anything else.

The Forge is a big part of that though and I hope the Flare is almost as good.

sparrowman

Does anyone know what size the o-rings are (mainly the oversized ones)? Also looking for where in the UK to get decent o-rings, can see amazon has some but not if they're high temp (ok up to 110c)

[Edit: asked phattpiggie]

Last edited:
sparrowman,

PrematureEvaporation

Does anyone know what size the o-rings are (mainly the oversized ones)? Also looking for where in the UK to get decent o-rings, can see amazon has some but not if they're high temp (ok up to 110c)

[Edit: asked phattpiggie]
I use the same ones as I used to use on a dynavap tip for the two smaller ones - silicone (orange coloured ones) 6x1mm.

I think the bigger “heat buffer” o-ring is 6x2mm

You can get them very cheaply in the UK on eBay. I’ve never had a problem with the silicone ones being unable to handle the heat.

Please post what piggie says, though

PrematureEvaporation,
Reactions: Clapped_r6
Top Bottom