Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Has anyone tried the standalone TA with a Dynavap WonG? That is to date my most treasured Dynavap stem, and I am hoping to snag a TA in the next drop. I’m just worried since it’s relatively small and thin compared to the PP stems or the more stout wooden WPAs I often see people using.

I’m also wondering if the heat would be overwhelming if going through a regular length Dynavap stem, would something like a RWW intercooler be sufficient to use the TA through the WonG directly?
You've just described my TA setup.
I use an Ed's TnT ebony stem with a TRWW mouthpiece/condenser with an interecooler. And this is - by far - my favorite setup for the TA.
I've also tried a simrell vortex, a few glass stems, and other DV stems but the one above is the perfect setup for me.
I also should add that I've never found the vapor to be hot or uncomfortable with the TA (with any stem). :2c:
The TA is awesome.

Edit: spelling

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
You've just described my TA setup.
I use an Ed's TnT ebony stem with a TRWW mouthpiece/condenser with an interecooler. And this is - by far - my favorite setup for the TA.
I've also tried a simrell vortex, a few glass stems, and other DV stems but the one above is the perfect setup for me.
I also should add that I've never found the vapor to be hot or uncomfortable with the TA (with any stem). :2c:
The TA is awesome.

Edit: spelling
Okay, you’ve just made the wait even more unbearable! I’m dying for something to use these Dynavap stems with as I’ve lost enthusiasm in Dynavap tips, too much conduction for me.

LocoKoko

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting here but I'm a long time lurker and member of similar forums.

I've enjoyed reading through this thread and learning all about the TA. I have a couple of questions:
  1. How does it compare to the Dani Fusion? I've seen a lot of comparison to the anvil here but I'm also curious how it compares to the DF, given the similar price point and hype it's getting at the moment.
  2. What assurances can you give regarding material safety? I've seen someone on Reddit criticising the legitimacy of material suppliers' grading. I really want to emphasise that I do not want to fear monger, I have no way of validating/debunking these claims and I can see that knowledgeable members of this forum seem content with the materials being used. I'm just wondering if further information/evidence can be provided to put minds at rest for anyone that is concerned.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting here but I'm a long time lurker and member of similar forums.
Welcome to FC!
How does it compare to the Dani Fusion? I've seen a lot of comparison to the anvil here but I'm also curious how it compares to the DF, given the similar price point and hype it's getting at the moment.
Comparisons are discouraged in device threads. It's easier for people to find and it doesn't clutter up the main thread if you post in Ask FC. There may even be a comparison between the two already like this one:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermal-accumulator-by-phattpiggie-vs-anvil-by-vestratto.53448/
What assurances can you give regarding material safety?
Material safety discussions are explicitly forbidden by the forum rules:
If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
So if you have a specific material concern, probably also best to find the thread about that one.

Anyway sorry to come at you like a forum cop. It's just better to stop these before they derail the thread.

Again welcome to FC!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What assurances can you give regarding material safety? I've seen someone on Reddit criticising the legitimacy of material suppliers' grading

I think what made this question a little more specific and perhaps okay for the thread, is that you trust titanium yes? As a material... However you would like assurances that you can trust this is actually the pure material, that the supplier is grading accurately etc. This is on the line perhaps, but it comes down to how much you trust The Creator in this case phatslpiggie to do their due diligence finding good supply and such because yes most of us have no way of proving or disproving whatever you may have read elsewhere, and as you say you can go by other trusted member opinions, so phats is a very trusted member who works with high quality materials generally before releasing this product so the reputation should bring the peace of mind here?

LocoKoko

Welcome to FC!

Comparisons are discouraged in device threads. It's easier for people to find and it doesn't clutter up the main thread if you post in Ask FC. There may even be a comparison between the two already like this one:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermal-accumulator-by-phattpiggie-vs-anvil-by-vestratto.53448/

Material safety discussions are explicitly forbidden by the forum rules:

So if you have a specific material concern, probably also best to find the thread about that one.

Anyway sorry to come at you like a forum cop. It's just better to stop these before they derail the thread.

Again welcome to FC!
Sorry, I hadn't realised that comparisons weren't allowed here. My bad!

I think what made this question a little more specific and perhaps okay for the thread, is that you trust titanium yes? As a material... However you would like assurances that you can trust this is actually the pure material, that the supplier is grading accurately etc. This is on the line perhaps, but it comes down to how much you trust The Creator in this case phatslpiggie to do their due diligence finding good supply and such because yes most of us have no way of proving or disproving whatever you may have read elsewhere, and as you say you can go by other trusted member opinions, so phats is a very trusted member who works with high quality materials generally before releasing this product so the reputation should bring the peace of mind here?
That's exactly what I meant, thanks for clarifying.

Appreciate that a reputation is a form of assurance and, tbh, it's probably enough for me. I just wanted to give the manufacturer an opportunity to respond with an explanation of their own assurance process, as that transparency could provide further peace of mind.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Can't watch yet, what is it??
It's called the Tempest, an updated Thermal Accumulator with a custom Mad Heaters stem.

The cap on the new TA has both a temp click disc AND a visual temp gauge at the top that has three indicators, low medium and high. The machining on the cap is on another level of refinement from the first batch.

The stem has the Revolve condenser, a cooling fin sleeve, and then a heat shield that surrounds the stem so you can hold it without feeling all the heat that's being drawn down into the body.

I'm not sure if this will replace the Thermal Accumulator entirely, or if the new TA units will have the same machining and features as this Tempest cap, or if the TA will remain in its current form as a standalone product and the cap with the additional features will be exclusive to the Tempest, no release info is provided, just the function and design.

Shit Snacks

Very interesting, thanks, was not expecting such extensive sounding revisions for only the second batch lol but sounds like rolling improvements and I'm sure @phattpiggie will come in here to lay out every detail when possible...

When I saw mad heaters I presumed it would involve an electric heater for the TA, had hopes that was what Tempest referred to haha oh well sounds like the revolve is a very nice stem though, taking dry puffs could be fun as I like using my TA with hooks dry for Sherlock puffin, but been quite a while

I'll start a new thread.

Here it is.

This seems a bit premature, I'm not sure it is different enough to warrant a new thread? We don't know the details yet... Why wouldn't you wait for the manufacturer to weigh in and allow them the freedom to manage their own thread(s) ?? Seems counterproductive to split the conversation at this point imho

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
This seems a bit premature, I'm not sure it is different enough to warrant a new thread? We don't know the details yet... Why wouldn't you wait for the manufacturer to weigh in and allow them the freedom to manage their own thread(s) ?? Seems counterproductive to split the conversation at this point imho

Wait till you watch the video. This needs it's own thread.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’m not surprised it has a temp indicator

I was cracking up when ppls were saying they preferred how the ta didn’t have one

Didn’t make sense to me…
It's interesting to me because the indicator can be calibrated.
It’s just measuring the temperature of the cap right below the balls. The pointer will be at a different position after the same amount heat applied if you move the heating position up and down exactly like with a DV. The closer you heat to the bowl the more conduction you get and the indicator will be late relatelively.

There will be markings on the outer SS layer so you can always aim the torch at the same position in which case the indicator will work the same way as previously. You can calibrate your desired temp easier and don’t have to wait for the cap to cool down or click back (which happens quickly on the magnet) to load and heat it again.

The indicator will be calibrated for the torch aimed at the middle. With some DIY it will be user adjustable to a degree and the calibrated click discs are also replaceable.
This potentially solves a problem with typical bimetal discs. You'll often see the recommendation to ignore the click with the DV or especially the BFG devices. There are a lot of variables when it comes to the "temperature" of your device, especially when it comes to draw speed.

The question I have is how this new device differs from the TA. The main thing that caused me to hesitate on it was a lot of description of cigar puffs and MTL hits. I don't like that style of vaping so I sort of wrote it off as outside my preference. The first video is interesting but I'd love more info (including pricing). Anyway awesome to see it!

Shit Snacks

The question I have is how this new device differs from the TA. The main thing that caused me to hesitate on it was a lot of description of cigar puffs and MTL hits

They specifically mentioned and showed the extra side air intakes, somewhere mentioned direct pure convection inhale with tempest

Top Bottom