Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Why is the Tempest using grade 5 titanium and the TA is using grade 2 titanium? What are the pros and cons? @Brenyo
Gr 2 is softer, pure Ti and has a different color to Gr 5.
Gr 5 is a Ti alloy which I also use for the stem to have better durability and colors.
If I’d use Gr 2 for the Tempest then I’d need to change it for all the parts to have matching colors.

For material safety please refer to the data available online and DYOR, FC doesn’t encourage these conversations here.
It’s good to have both options available if you have a preference. :)

RedZep

The Tempest seems really well designed. The heat retention from the rubies, combined with the visual indicator would make it a brilliant device for back to back bowls. I just wish there was a way to reload without dispersing the heat onto a magnet.

This is not a critisicm of the device, more a limitation of this style of vape currently. It would be amazing to reload a bowl, and see by the indicator that it is still almost at temp, and just needs a quick top up with a torch. You could have a prolonged session this way.

RedZep,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The Tempest seems really well designed. The heat retention from the rubies, combined with the visual indicator would make it a brilliant device for back to back bowls. I just wish there was a way to reload without dispersing the heat onto a magnet.

This is not a critisicm of the device, more a limitation of this style of vape currently. It would be amazing to reload a bowl, and see by the indicator that it is still almost at temp, and just needs a quick top up with a torch. You could have a prolonged session this way.
I feel like you’d need a spring loaded bowl mechanism like the Hippie Pipe. I guess using a leather strip to remove the lid wouldn’t leech too much heat though. Still, even with balls there’s only so much heat a device this size can retain after being drawn on several times.

RedZep

I feel like you’d need a spring loaded bowl mechanism like the Hippie Pipe. I guess using a leather strip to remove the lid wouldn’t leech too much heat though. Still, even with balls there’s only so much heat a device this size can retain after being drawn on several times.
This is a good point. To be fair if the chamber really is 0.15g then it will need less bowls in a session compared to it's competitors.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
It would be amazing to reload a bowl, and see by the indicator that it is still almost at temp, and just needs a quick top up with a torch.
That's pretty much how it works, you can reduce the heat time by about half this way. There are only 2 small connection points (next to the visual indicators) between the magnet and the ball section so the heat transfer is fairly slow. The snap discs will click back quickly as they're near the magnet.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm all confused on this now. I'm not asking a comparison question. I just want to make sure I understand. Is the TAv2 the same unit as the top of the Tempest? with the difference being the stem section that was designed by MadHeaters?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm all confused on this now. I'm not asking a comparison question. I just want to make sure I understand. Is the TAv2 the same unit as the top of the Tempest? with the difference being the stem section that was designed by MadHeaters?

Tempest is what was earlier referred to as the slim TA, it is indeed separate from TAv2

RedZep

Does the visual indicator on the Tempest just click between a couple of settings, or does it move on a continuum, slowly sliding up towards the settings?

I hope that makes sense. Will I be able to see the indicator moving towards "light roast" and "dark roast"? Or will it just click from one to the next with no warning?

RedZep,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Does the visual indicator on the Tempest just click between a couple of settings, or does it move on a continuum, slowly sliding up towards the settings?

I hope that makes sense. Will I be able to see the indicator moving towards "light roast" and "dark roast"? Or will it just click from one to the next with no warning?
Not to sound rude, but this is the Thermal Accumulator thread.
If you want to talk about the Tempest use the appropriate thread, as it's becoming quite confusing since we're all waiting for the TA wave 2.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Time for a Sunday morning slapping....

IMG-20230625-091337.jpg

Mission successful...... Love this thing!

RedZep

Not to sound rude, but this is the Thermal Accumulator thread.
If you want to talk about the Tempest use the appropriate thread, as it's becoming quite confusing since we're all waiting for the TA wave 2.
My apologies. I honestly intended to post there. I've been reading both threads and got mixed up.

RedZep,
Reactions: Franco

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I would love to see a comparison video that shows the similarities and differences between the Tempest and TAv2 heads. Wondering if any betas have any such plans before either comes up for sale. I probably have the funds for one device but not both and it would be helpful to see the differences before deciding.

Just a thought. I'm not looking to ask any specific comparison questions here.

Clapped_r6

I would love to see a comparison video that shows the similarities and differences between the Tempest and TAv2 heads.
Me too. I'd like a temp indicator anything.
Seems like I'm combusting way too easy. I know, more practice needed but kids around etc. Cant risk using it when they're home etc

Clapped_r6,
Reactions: btka

btka

Me too. I'd like a temp indicator anything.
Seems like I'm combusting way too easy. I know, more practice needed but kids around etc. Cant risk using it when they're home etc
You mean you combust with TA (Version 1 or 2?) way too easy?

btka,

Wiggle

Okay, so I am a bit confused. I am a US individual interested in this product line. From what I understand from reading parts of this thread, this is an item that is available in drops and it is UK based. So I could originally secure a spot on a waiting list by informing someone prior and then waiting for the manufacturing process to complete and then receiving the drop. However now there is some UK law or something that makes the transfer of these materials via mail more difficult. So I can grab from a prominent certified reseller here that worked with the UK based owner. Is that all correct?

Next, like my primary source of confusion is this Tempest discussion. I feel like it has made this so much harder for me to grasp. Like was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop that is well over and now everyone is waiting for a Thermal Accumulator v2 drop in July and then outside of all that there is this separate device, the Tempest that is born out of some of the design of the Thermal Accumulator v2 but different and a collaboration with MH? Or was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop and now there is about to be another Thermal Accumulator v1 drop this July and there is just a discussion of this future Thermal Accumulator v2 drop...and then the hype over this Tempest which is coming out many months from now? Or was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop and now in July there is going to be a drop for a Thermal Accumulator v2 and a Thermal Accumulator v1 at the same time and this Tempest is something coming much later?

So this Thermal Accumulator v2 is a better version of the Thermal Accumulator v1 because it is easier to access the balls/pearls and it is modular and therefore has room for the potential to onboard the click discs, roast gauge/dial, etc. of the Tempest in the distant future if that gets designed and created and there is demand? Is that correct? If this is correct and I was a consumer who wanted your best work in this line, that you felt delivered the most on what your vision was, should I be looking at your Tempest in particular or does this Thermal Accumulator v2 hold something unique that sets it apart in some way?

And lastly, are these drops segregated for US consumers? Like is there the official drop via you for everyone whose country can access the items and then because of this law like there is section of product pushed to a US vendor that I should be looking to in order to get the item?

Where I am coming from/my mindset/perspective:
I am primarily interested in the Tempest tbh and signed up for the newsletter etc. But the Thermal Accumulator seems to have a cult following and it appears like a right place, right time thing where I could grab a Thermal Accumulator in this upcoming drop if it is July. But I feel conflicted because I am entering into your product line late, I don't really know if the Thermal Accumulator is just the predecessor to the part of the Tempest designed particular by you and I understand that device has its own thread, or if I really should be seeing this in a different light and should be interested in purchasing both? I feel like I need a bit of direction. I read a comment above stating how it is annoying and confusing for a poster here to see Tempest comments in this thread. I understand their perspective, but I feel like if this is hashed out, perhaps people who lurk, like me, can see the response to this and leave this thread alone for all the individuals like the above poster.

@phattpiggie

Wiggle,
  • Wow
Reactions: endof3d

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Okay, so I am a bit confused. I am a US individual interested in this product line. From what I understand from reading parts of this thread, this is an item that is available in drops and it is UK based. So I could originally secure a spot on a waiting list by informing someone prior and then waiting for the manufacturing process to complete and then receiving the drop. However now there is some UK law or something that makes the transfer of these materials via mail more difficult. So I can grab from a prominent certified reseller here that worked with the UK based owner. Is that all correct?

Next, like my primary source of confusion is this Tempest discussion. I feel like it has made this so much harder for me to grasp. Like was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop that is well over and now everyone is waiting for a Thermal Accumulator v2 drop in July and then outside of all that there is this separate device, the Tempest that is born out of some of the design of the Thermal Accumulator v2 but different and a collaboration with MH? Or was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop and now there is about to be another Thermal Accumulator v1 drop this July and there is just a discussion of this future Thermal Accumulator v2 drop...and then the hype over this Tempest which is coming out many months from now? Or was there a Thermal Accumulator v1 drop and now in July there is going to be a drop for a Thermal Accumulator v2 and a Thermal Accumulator v1 at the same time and this Tempest is something coming much later?

So this Thermal Accumulator v2 is a better version of the Thermal Accumulator v1 because it is easier to access the balls/pearls and it is modular and therefore has room for the potential to onboard the click discs, roast gauge/dial, etc. of the Tempest in the distant future if that gets designed and created and there is demand? Is that correct? If this is correct and I was a consumer who wanted your best work in this line, that you felt delivered the most on what your vision was, should I be looking at your Tempest in particular or does this Thermal Accumulator v2 hold something unique that sets it apart in some way?

And lastly, are these drops segregated for US consumers? Like is there the official drop via you for everyone whose country can access the items and then because of this law like there is section of product pushed to a US vendor that I should be looking to in order to get the item?

Where I am coming from/my mindset/perspective:
I am primarily interested in the Tempest tbh and signed up for the newsletter etc. But the Thermal Accumulator seems to have a cult following and it appears like a right place, right time thing where I could grab a Thermal Accumulator in this upcoming drop if it is July. But I feel conflicted because I am entering into your product line late, I don't really know if the Thermal Accumulator is just the predecessor to the part of the Tempest designed particular by you and I understand that device has its own thread, or if I really should be seeing this in a different light and should be interested in purchasing both? I feel like I need a bit of direction. I read a comment above stating how it is annoying and confusing for a poster here to see Tempest comments in this thread. I understand their perspective, but I feel like if this is hashed out, perhaps people who lurk, like me, can see the response to this and leave this thread alone for all the individuals like the above poster.

@phattpiggie
I guess you were talking about me complaining. :)

I understandard where you're coming from, but what you're basically asking is a comparison between the Thermal Accumulator and the Tempest.
Comparisons in device thread are discouraged as it's better to take the discussion in the Ask FC section (and, in this case, hope that a few beta testers show up). But don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people (me included) would love to know the details of two upcoming products that look quite similar.

Also, a lot of the information you're asking have already been discussed earlier in the thread. Especially when it comes to TA v1 or v2, i.e.:
Yes, there's gonna be a batch of TA v2 (most likely) dropping this month.
@phattpiggie said that @VGOODIEZ will carry them for sure (no need to enter a wait list or something like that).
The main differences between the two TA versions have not been fully disclosed yet, AFAIK, but the easier swapping of rubys/glass beads was already mentioned. Probably the cap that holds the beads will be slender (...just speculation after seeing @ShayWhiteGrow TA version that fits the Wand with the display facing up...). I'm sure there's more.

For more updated Tempest info, check the relevant thread:

FYI: Yesterday @Brenyo shared the Tempest manual. You may want to check it out as it has a lot of valuable info. :2c:

Wiggle

I guess you were talking about me complaining. :)

I understandard where you're coming from, but what you're basically asking is a comparison between the Thermal Accumulator and the Tempest.
Comparisons in device thread are discouraged as it's better to take the discussion in the Ask FC section (and, in this case, hope that a few beta testers show up). But don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people (me included) would love to know the details of two upcoming products that look quite similar.

Also, a lot of the information you're asking have already been discussed earlier in the thread. Especially when it comes to TA v1 or v2, i.e.:
Yes, there's gonna be a batch of TA v2 (most likely) dropping this month.
@phattpiggie said that @VGOODIEZ will carry them for sure (no need to enter a wait list or something like that).
The main differences between the two TA versions have not been fully disclosed yet, AFAIK, but the easier swapping of rubys/glass beads was already mentioned. Probably the cap that holds the beads will be slender (...just speculation after seeing @ShayWhiteGrow TA version that fits the Wand with the display facing up...). I'm sure there's more.

For more updated Tempest info, check the relevant thread:

FYI: Yesterday @Brenyo shared the Tempest manual. You may want to check it out as it has a lot of valuable info. :2c:
Thank you. You addressed like the majority of what I was asking, that is really helpful. Yeah, I checked out the manual already, it's cool how it I guess will fold into the box and stuff, I like the functionality.

Yeah I did not understand whether it would be considered comparisons of devices because I didn't know if the Tempest is a competing device or if the Thermal Accumulator v2 was just a part of the Tempest that could be purchased separately and the separation was because this part in particular was not a collaboration. But you clearly know more than me on this all from the same source :lol:, so I definitely have been doing a shit job reading through the threads. I'm gonna read through everything more clearly. Bless up for the response, now to hawk the VGoodiEZ site with the F5 like the good little VAS soldier, I am lmao.

Top Bottom