The Toad from Morwood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New batch!

Stats for this batch - Top 5 Most Popular:

No. 081 - Misty pine landscape

No. 093 - Dark blue with abstract sumi ink

No. 089 - Cannabis plant

No. 088 - Cyanotype oak tree

No. 086 - Underwater scene with lily pads and toad eggs

Oh yeah 93 was pretty special! Another great drop as usual...:bowdown:

I was lucky enough to get 88!!

Yeah not so surprised to see this one in the top five as well, congratulations on a great score!

I think I've seen a little bit of video on Instagram, other places, not necessarily posted publicly...?

attackpoints

@Improvaper shared these 2 videos on reddit, hope its cool to add these:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/s7vz1h
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/s8w2rr
I've been using the high heater lately with a jhook, cc's prophet, and a small piece from codypline on Instagram (thanks @Shit Snacks for posting him awhile back) and high temps just smack so much harder 😄 It's pretty great with just the stem as well but I personally need more cooling to be comfy. If you're out and about, the quick heat up (3 to 4 seconds is plenty with a fresh battery) and tiny package of the native stems are pretty ideal. After 3 draws, I'm getting good and even extraction and will sometimes push for 4 draws if I know the battery has been drained a bit.

The balancing act of cooling, maintaining flavor, and unregulated heat has been fun to figure out. A small jhook or piece like the one @fangorn has posted a few times seem to be ideal. Looks like I forgot to take pics of the toad on the jhook, but it's just a dimpled 14mm one from the rogue wax works.

passenger

is this thing on?
That is a very nice button on your Toad @BakedDiogenes These Buttons are so beautiful I admire nearly all of them. Don't know why, maybe because they magnify and highlight the beauty of nature. I have an abalone button on my Toad. That is also mesmerizing and in the last lottery the Toad had a bog oak button which I loved but wouldn't match my Toad. I like to see how these are all puzzled together, it always fits in a unique way. I asked Dan if he would make me a cherry stem and I am happy he did, I'm sure he took the time and looked for a good match, because again, it does. The Mistvape stem looks also great, and good to know there are options. Though, looking at it, see how delicate the original stem is? It's so thin walled, it looks like paper. At first glance I was afraid that it might break soon, but it's surprising how sturdy it is. Wood is amazing stuff. Same goes for the Vapman by the way, delicate but surprisingly strong. As I am no woodworker, is it hard to work it so thin?

passenger

is this thing on?
Toad-1.jpg

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
All these pics with lovely wood stems are making me rethink my all-glass inventory. Plus I’m thinking I might want to try my Toad on a hook. 👍

I’ve never owned an unlined wood stem before. Does reclaim fully seal off the natural wood flavor as it seasons?

Love the bright flavors with glass. Wouldn’t want to add an outside scent, even if it’s one I like.

Vaporware

I have my wooden stem set up for a deeper load and I think it might be too much for me if I filled it with high THC flower, so I’ve only used it with CBD so far. I mostly use a dimpled glass stem I fortunately got from Mistvape before he shut down.

When I do use the wooden stem, if there is any flavor added by it I think it’s minimal. It does feel different to use, but there’s no clear taste I can identify as wood.

Whether or not you get much wood flavor may depend on the type of wood though. If you’re concerned, I’d ask Dan which woods he thinks will impart the least extra flavors. :)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Does anyone have any information on why it takes so long from selection/payment to receipt of the Toad?
Even when we're at the end of the process and he sends a message confirming that it will be sent soon, it still takes a long time for impatient children like us (and still a bit patient, given that 6 months have passed between the two).

I would have liked @Dan Morrison to give more explanations than the manufacturing process or to not give deadlines that he obviously has trouble meeting. (he was talking about a delay of about 2 months at the beginning).

BakedDiogenes

Does anyone have any information on why it takes so long from selection/payment to receipt of the Toad?
Even when we're at the end of the process and he sends a message confirming that it will be sent soon, it still takes a long time for impatient children like us (and still a bit patient, given that 6 months have passed between the two).

I would have liked @Dan Morrison to give more explanations than the manufacturing process or to not give deadlines that he obviously has trouble meeting. (he was talking about a delay of about 2 months at the beginning).
Considering the quality of product Dan puts out, he can take as long as he needs.

People have complained about the wait times before in this thread. If patience isn’t a virtue one possesses, then a Toad probably isn’t for you.

Duba

Accessory Maker
People have complained about the wait times before in this thread. If patience isn’t a virtue one possesses, then a Toad probably isn’t for you.
says the man who's playing with his own...:lol:
Communication and adherence to deadlines have nothing to do with the quality of the product, nor indeed with the quality of the craftsman. I appreciate Dan for what he does.
I have a lot of patience in my life, but that doesn't stop me from sharing a thought, even if you think I don't deserve a toad...:shrug:
Enjoy!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Nah this ain’t it. We’re can have discourse here, and I think it’s within reason after the deadline you were given by the man himself continually goes months and months longer then you were told when you paid. When I paid, our batch was told “it will take a couple of weeks to get the heaters and everything ready to ship” ~ 22 weeks later. It’s one thing to say “look, this is probably going to be a while, I’ll give you updates along the way but I don’t have a set timeframe.” Vs. “It’ll be 2 weeks for the heaters” and then watch him sell another batch before yours even ships. Is the most time consuming part not all the Art and making the Washi casing over the pear? That other batch didn’t materialize out of nowhere with full pictures looking like they’re ready to ship, clearly an enormous amount of time went into them, time that could have been spent shipping the batch that was paid for 🤷🏼‍♂️

At this point it’s not just about having patience as a virtue if you’ve sat through the waitlist and everything and sat quiet for months and months after you went through the selection process and paid him, it takes a lot of patience to get this far.

Last edited:

BakedDiogenes

I guess my main point is this a known and heavily discussed issue with Dan and his products. Of course discourse is the main goal here, but wait times are pretty much what they are at this point. I, too, paid for a product that by all accounts appeared finished, yet waited several months after paying before it ever shipped. I was well aware from following this and the Nomad threads that this was par for the course, so it wasn’t anything to get anxious about.

I get the feeling of “what the hell is taking so long?”, but it seems counterproductive when the goal is to have Dan finishing and shipping products by deadlines versus taking time to answer questions already covered.

fangorn

@Duba, I understand you... and the last weeks of waiting are the hardest I think! you already know the wait is worth it.
We're not in the same situation, but I'm back on the waiting list for a second toad...and I can't wait to wait...not because I like to wait but...because I regret not being in this waiting position anymore... we are then a little out of time, or in another space time...
It's a bit confusing, I know...
but each passing day brings you closer and closer to your Toad.... and at the same time brings us all closer to our end... so enjoy this balance 😁
it's easy for me to talk like that, I also know...

and @Arawfish...
no offense to dan, for a moment i wondered if he was using photoshop to present the lots... i noticed that the bottom plates looked a lot alike and that surprised me... so i wondered I'm told that in our minds the Toads were finished but that wasn't the reality...maybe the painted washi coating was quietly waiting to be fitted over the toad bodies...
in any case, as we don't know exactly what is happening here, we are fantasizing!

short, sorry, it was not very useful... I sympathize guys!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I guess my main point is this a known and heavily discussed issue with Dan and his products. Of course discourse is the main goal here, but wait times are pretty much what they are at this point. I, too, paid for a product that by all accounts appeared finished, yet waited several months after paying before it ever shipped. I was well aware from following this and the Nomad threads that this was par for the course, so it wasn’t anything to get anxious about.

I get the feeling of “what the hell is taking so long?”, but it seems counterproductive when the goal is to have Dan finishing and shipping products by deadlines versus taking time to answer questions already covered.
I know it’s going to take a long time, you know it, Duba knows it, everyone knows it, except Dan. Who continually has the wrong deadline, seemingly year after year 😅

fangorn

@Arawfish
on this point, and for the Toad, I find that in terms of communication, Dan insists more on the fact that it is an "additional" project, which he carries out outside of his work...

It doesn't work like that but it should be enough to put us into perspective...

and for the Nomad, he stopped taking orders to prevent the situations mentioned here from happening again...

just to say that in my opinion he is making an effort on this... and that we can't just say that year after year, he reproduces the same mistakes...

likewise, he has already expressed that he is considering another type of sale for the Nomads in order to reduce the waiting time...

ok, I think it's forbidden by the rules of the forum to tell me that I'm a fan boy... so I'm saying it for you 😁

Top Bottom