The Toad from Morwood

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Update: I'll have to see how it goes with more batteries, but in my case it was exactly like @Dan Morrison and @Vaporware suggested: rotating the battery a bit gives me a great fit as opposed to being rather snug. This should work fine for me, and I learned a bit about wood--I thought it was the temp rather than the humidity that caused the expansion/contraction. I knew there was something to that effect: I have a robotic vacuum that always struggles on a wooden ledge between my living room and kitchen while there are no problems in the summer 🤷‍♂️

MrBaked.co

Whoever got @MrBaked.co ’s Toad is one lucky duck! Skipped the whole line, and wait.
I'm quite sad about it but between the time when I paid for it in August to now, my finances have changed so speciality pieces currently don't have a space in my collection.

It is a beautiful piece if kit. I'll maybe be back in the financial game by the time my name comes around on the Nomad 2 🤞🤣

I'm glad it went to @dutz3013. Who was first to message on here and on discord. Seems like a good lad. 👍.

passenger

is this thing on?
Somewhere in this thread Dan states that the best screen position is sitting as deep as the stem is wide. That's also true for microdosing. When I had the screen at the very end of the stem, i sometimes happend to get the dark ring effect for uneven vaporization. However, now that I use the intended screen position, it's always perfect with both heaters.

attackpoints

I love the low heater so much. My plan was to use only the low heater for a week to get used to it and then to swap to the high heater to do the same. About 3 days into using the high heater, I was missing the lengthier sessions I was getting out of the low heater so I swapped back. I like having the option to swap a lot, and have done it a few times now. A "long" session to me is around 6-8 draws.

I think for anyone deciding between one heater or another, you should think about your use style, which, yes of course, obviously, but if you're using your toad primarily at home and want a long session the low heater is the way to go. If you want to finish a stem in 1-3 draws, the high heater is great. I tend to take the high heater for out and about. Both have great taste so you're not compromising on that. My AVB tends to be about the same for both, but avb isn't as good a guide as your taste buds.

Thanks to all who have posted about technique here, it's been a tremendous help. My toad has seen daily usage since I received it and I've combusted less than 5 times. 8 boro beads has been the magic number for me placed in the glass stem, with a mouthpiece I took from my 14mm jhook has been my set up. I haven't been using the wood stem, but I'll get around to it.

The device itself is so nice to hold, my partner will occasionally grab it off the table and hold it for a bit lol the finish is so cool. And durable? It doesn't need to be babied. We keep talking about functional art and the art part was obvious, but I'm blown away by the functional part.

Sorry for the lack of photos as well, I'm a bit more active on Instagram but I know that several users don't have it. Love the abalone button, it can look so blue in the right light but it's tough to photograph with my phone. Included a picture of my typical avb after a session. I believe this was from the high heater. I can get just as dark using the low.

fangorn

I love the low heater so much. My plan was to use only the low heater for a week to get used to it and then to swap to the high heater to do the same. About 3 days into using the high heater, I was missing the lengthier sessions I was getting out of the low heater so I swapped back. I like having the option to swap a lot, and have done it a few times now. A "long" session to me is around 6-8 draws.

I think for anyone deciding between one heater or another, you should think about your use style, which, yes of course, obviously, but if you're using your toad primarily at home and want a long session the low heater is the way to go. If you want to finish a stem in 1-3 draws, the high heater is great. I tend to take the high heater for out and about. Both have great taste so you're not compromising on that. My AVB tends to be about the same for both, but avb isn't as good a guide as your taste buds.

Thanks to all who have posted about technique here, it's been a tremendous help. My toad has seen daily usage since I received it and I've combusted less than 5 times. 8 boro beads has been the magic number for me placed in the glass stem, with a mouthpiece I took from my 14mm jhook has been my set up. I haven't been using the wood stem, but I'll get around to it.

The device itself is so nice to hold, my partner will occasionally grab it off the table and hold it for a bit lol the finish is so cool. And durable? It doesn't need to be babied. We keep talking about functional art and the art part was obvious, but I'm blown away by the functional part.

Sorry for the lack of photos as well, I'm a bit more active on Instagram but I know that several users don't have it. Love the abalone button, it can look so blue in the right light but it's tough to photograph with my phone. Included a picture of my typical avb after a session. I believe this was from the high heater. I can get just as dark using the low.

wow...
He is truly magnificent...
I will spend my time watching the octopus... I love it!!
and the case looks gorgeous!
is the green as dark as pictured?

and man, definitely try wooden stems...it's a different experience again!

cool the feedback and the photos!!

dog walker

Thanks for posting - I can't wait to get one of these, and your post makes me think the low heater is for me. That's a beautiful Toad - I'm glad you are enjoying it so much and appreciate your sharing your experience!

attackpoints

wow...
He is truly magnificent...
I will spend my time watching the octopus... I love it!!
and the case looks gorgeous!
is the green as dark as pictured?

and man, definitely try wooden stems...it's a different experience again!

cool the feedback and the photos!!
The green is pretty dark, I would say that it's a hunter green. almost the color of the reply button here

I'm on the wood stem!! This past Sunday I finally decided to use it, first with no boro balls (a bit harsh but the glass stem is too without cooling, for me) then I put it on a small bubbler, dry. The extra cooling was really giving me huge hits, but lost some flavor. Then i put it on a jhook, I'm gonna run with that set up for awhile. Really good compromise of cooling and flavor and this was all with the low heater. I want to try it with the high heater this week! I've been using the Toad natively this whole time. It's just so good right out of the box that I haven't needed to explore.

The 2 tips that were most helpful for toad mastery: draw speed and taste. The draw is pretty open so there's nothing stopping you from ripping it but...that's the road to combustion. Stopping your button press once it's hot on your tongue or when you start to taste your material. I usually begin by holding 6 seconds, start my inhale, letting go once it's hot on my tongue OR when the taste starts to come through, and continue my draw even and slow until I'm satisfied.

Another low heater fan! My plan was to just try it out for a few weeks and switch back to the high. Two months later, still loving the longer slower sessions.

Whoever said it was worth getting both heaters to have two different vapes for a marginal price increase was right on the money.
It for sure is. If you can do it, get both. Both heaters work really well and I'm glad I got both, but if it had to be one the low heater has really got a hold of me. This is just an observation but the higher temps tend to affect me a bit more, but it could also just be that I'm using the same amount of material twice as fast 😄

Thanks for posting - I can't wait to get one of these, and your post makes me think the low heater is for me. That's a beautiful Toad - I'm glad you are enjoying it so much and appreciate your sharing your experience!

I'm glad it's useful, when I was deciding I wasn't sure what experience I was looking for and thought some extra details would be helpful for people who are choosing. More pics soon !!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
New batch!

Stats for this batch - Top 5 Most Popular:

No. 081 - Misty pine landscape

No. 093 - Dark blue with abstract sumi ink

No. 089 - Cannabis plant

No. 088 - Cyanotype oak tree

No. 086 - Underwater scene with lily pads and toad eggs

There were 16 available Toads to choose from for this batch and everyone was asked for their top 8 picks. Of the 15 people participating, 9 people got their first choice, 1 person got their second choice, 2 people got their third choice, 2 people got their fourth choice, and 1 person got their 5th choice.

I'll be offering out 085 (pale blue-grey/cream) via the Toad lottery - so those who are on the waitlist can watch out for that email sometime this week.

------

079 - Red with cream kanji that reads "toad" - Lichen button

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0367.jpg

080 - Ivory and cream with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF0369.jpg

DSCF0370.jpg

081 - Misty pine landscape - Abalone button

DSCF0372.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

082 - Dark green fade with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

083 - Kraft fade with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0380.jpg

084 - Green and cream with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

085 - Pale blue-grey with cream and logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

086 Underwater scene with lily pads and toad eggs - Lichen button

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

087 - SUPERVISUAL. The Japanese text says "Analog dreams". Mammoth ivory button.

This is a collaboration with another artist, warakami_vaporwave. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/warakami_vaporwave/

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
088 Cyanotype oak tree - Lichen button

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

090 Retro calculator vibes - Ancient bog oak button

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

089 - Cannabis plant - Abalone button

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

091 - Celadon green (inspired by celadon porcelain) - Lichen button

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

092 - Green fade with blue stripe - Lichen button

DSCF0407.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

093 - Dark blue with abstract sumi ink - Orange mushroom button (Northern cinnabar polypore)

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

094 - Black with white Japanese text that reads "toad" - Lichen button

DSCF0411.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

attackpoints

The warakami vaporwave one...so cool.

088 looks like a companion to another one Dan's done. Similar design but in green? I don't remember the #. Maybe someone more dedicated than me will look back 😄

086 is pretty dreamy.

Congratulations on another beautiful batch and congrats future owners!

Top Bottom