The Toad from Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
For some reason I thought I posted the plan for how I was doing this first little batch of 15, but I guess I didn't!

What I did was email the first 15 or so people who posted in this thread, starting from page one. Those 15 people got a spot, in order, based on who posted first.

This method was just easy for me at the time, and at this point this project is still just for fun. I still have yet to make any sort of waitlist for the Toad, not sure if I will or not. But I will definitely be updating here with any new info!

Anyhow, yesterday, those 15 people got the finished Toads sent to them via email, and they're picking their top fives! Once I get all the top five picks in, I will able to sort them and hopefully everyone will get one of their top 5.

Here is the Imgur album. The unit numbers that people have been posting are in the album, if you guys want to see which ones are most popular so far. I'm going to make a spreadsheet of all the picks to see which ones are most popular, should be fun!

It looks good on desktop, but on mobile the photos are horribly compressed, so I'm also posting the photos here as well.

001-Front.jpg
001-Back.jpg
002-Front.jpg002-Back.jpg003-Front.jpg003-Back.jpg004-Front.jpg004-Back.jpg005-Front.jpg005-Back.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Here's the last of em'.

Interesting in what everyone is liking!

I'm realllly loving the washi paper composite material. It's a bit like pottery... you never quite know what you're going to get until you take it out of the kiln...or in my case, do the finish sanding and beeswax. Because the paper is translucent, each layer melds together to create a unique look that is unpredictable. I'm really enjoying this little bit of chaos in the process... It seems to be freeing me from my usual perfectionist side that is so often a huge time hog. The papers themselves, because they are hand made, have little plant fibers/bits in them that sometimes show up in the finished sleeves, I like that these organic details reveal the process for making this material.

011-Front.jpg011-Back.jpg012-Front.jpg012-Back.jpg013-Front.jpg013-Back.jpg014-Front.jpg014-Back.jpg015-Front.jpg015-Back.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
This was not a public announcement, it was a link emailed just to the persons in the first batch (15 total).

I'm not going to post any link or pics as I do not want to give away Dan's big reveal- but each one is fucking stunning! The lichen buttons, the hand made wraps, they are all just so aesthetic. Dan even did a few special paint jobs- I could describe, but the pics will speak volumes!

I hope everyone gets exactly what they want!
Thanks Flyinglow, I guess I'll just try to practice patience then 😬

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Here's the last of em'.

I'm realllly loving the washi paper composite material. It's a bit like pottery... you never quite know what you're going to get until you take it out of the kiln...or in my case, do the finish sanding and beeswax. Because the paper is translucent, each layer melds together to create a unique look that is unpredictable. I'm really enjoying this little bit of chaos in the process... It seems to be freeing me from my usual perfectionist side that is so often a huge time hog. The papers themselves, because they are hand made, have little plant fibers/bits in them that sometimes show up in the finished sleeves, I like that these organic details reveal the process for making this material.

View attachment 13748View attachment 13747View attachment 13750View attachment 13749View attachment 13752View attachment 13751View attachment 13754View attachment 13753View attachment 13756View attachment 13755
Wow, those are all fan-freakin'-tastic!
I hope there will be more of the really dark ones like the brown and blue ones at the beginning of this image when my turn comes round as they're super sexy!
Although that 'barely there' tan fade at the end is gorgeous too.
Of the painted ones I think I like the kanji-like ones best, but really, they're ALL great!

EDIT:
I absolutely love the texture on that dark brown one, reminds me of concrete, but dyed, old, weathered concrete, superb.

EDIT II
OK, saw the album with numbers now!

11, 13 then 15 are the one's I'm referring to. They'd by MY front runners if you are collating 'likes' for future batches.
Verrrry nice photography too, it's obvious you are putting a shit-ton of work into your creations Dan. 👏👏👏

Last edited:

Aryeah

Vape Man
All of the Toads are gorgeous. I personally would just go random and see what I get. I so wish I was on the original list for a Toad to actually use one until my Nomad II spot comes up, but I am here for the long haul and have plenty of time to wait until it's my turn. Thanks!

Improvaper

[edit] I hadn't refreshed and seen pics were posted before I posted hits

I won't post pics yet but I don't see harm in sharing the numbers for our picks. Here's mine:
1. 14
2. 9
3. 7
4. 11
5. 12

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just amazing @Dan Morrison I'm glad you were able to whip these out without too much strain on your own time and energy! Really great idea to just make them, and do the ranking for choices, I think anyone would be happy with any of these regardless... I really like the solids and the gradients, the shades of blue and dark greens... Obviously your detailed paintwork is also incredible, like I said would be thrilled to have any of them! Keep up the great work my man :tup:

jbm

Here's the last of em'.

View attachment 13748View attachment 13747View attachment 13750View attachment 13749View attachment 13752View attachment 13751View attachment 13754View attachment 13753View attachment 13756View attachment 13755
I would take any of the Toads in this post. I like these more minimal ones. Maybe next batch, sigh. To reiterate, I am definitely in.

namasteIII

The last yellow / gold one is my pick. Love the black too. And there was a stunning red lichen on one the first. Like others mentioned I love the gradient and solid color ones. Since the Toad is just a beautiful simple box, beautiful simple paint jobs just compliment them so wonderfully.

Big regrets from me skipping the first group.

Amazing work Dan, I really love the Toad.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Well it’s confirmed!

so eager to get my hands on it and see who got what!

35762-A5-E-B1-A6-4-D24-A1-A3-186170156-C25.jpg

Top Bottom