The Toad from Morwood

florduh

I've been testing out a prototype long stem for the Toads and I'm enjoying it enough to want to make more! Here's some concepts for what future stems could look like.

The stems would have a polished stainless steel vapor path throughout. I imagine wood outside, bamboo for the long skinny parts, african blackwood mouthpieces, and perhaps little 'side-car' globes made from glass. These little side-cars would give you a window to view the vapor, and would obviously be removable for cleaning.

I'm liking the stainless steel pathway because I feel like it's the easy to clean. A quick swabbing with a pipecleaner and ISO is all that's needed.

There's something special about the vapor quality from a long stem with a narrow airway. The draw restriction and cooling feels just perfect!

View attachment 11484

Your sketches always remind me of the old Ralph McQuarrie concept art for Star Wars.

KVDiDA35_2104201435561sbpi.jpg

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
@Dan Morrison Achingly beautiful work. Are you familiar with Magu the Immortal? She is a Taoist Immortal of longevity and Cannabis. I can only imagine she would be delighted with your work.

220px-Portrait_of_the_Immortal_Magu_-_Ma_Hezhi_-_Song_Dynasty.jpg

@DennisFlonasal Perhaps all who receive one should be obligated to write either a Haiku or Tanka about their toad? Though I am also very partial to Taiwanese "Sound Poetry."

For those interested in a deeper dive

Last edited:
@Dan Morrison Achingly beautiful work. Are you familiar with Magu the Immortal? She is a Taoist Immortal of longevity and Cannabis. I can only imagine she would be delighted with your work.

View attachment 13563

@DennisFlonasal Perhaps all who receive one should be obligated to write either a Haiku or Tanka about their toad? Though I am also very partial to Taiwanese "Sound Poetry."

For those interested in a deeper dive
wow Magu the Immortal, that artwork is sick too

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I emailed my choices but I see now you're supposed to put them in the thread.

I love the following:

1) 4
2) 5
3) 7
4) 12
5) 10

fingers crossed!

bkkbob,

Aryeah

Vape Man
I do love them all..
My choices would be any, if I was lucky enough to get one..
I like 3, 7, 1, 11, 10

Aryeah,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I emailed my choices but I see now you're supposed to put them in the thread.

Not to confuse anyone, I'd encourage everyone to email Dan per his instructions:
"I’ve included a reference number and price for each Toad in the album. Take a look over the options, and email me back with your top 5 choices, in order of preference."

5 or 1 is a damn tough decision! I do love the subtleness of that mushroom forest!

Last edited:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I don't know what I was looking at when I saw that he was going to post the 15 pictures in the thread or something else in the posts that confused me to make me think I messed up and was supposed to post here. I had already emailed him twice, my bad! Sorry!

I accept that I am a moron in this instance Lol

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I don't know what I was looking at when I saw that he was going to post the 15 pictures in the thread or something else in the posts that confused me to make me think I messed up and was supposed to post here. I had already emailed him twice, my bad! Sorry!

I accept that I am a moron in this instance Lol

Lol I was wondering where you saw that we were supposed to post it in here... but fuck it, why not

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Not to confuse anyone, I'd encourage everyone to email Dan per his instructions:
"I’ve included a reference number and price for each Toad in the album. Take a look over the options, and email me back with your top 5 choices, in order of preference."

But I'll play along! These are so awesome!

First- 005 snowy pine
Second- 001 green mushroom forest
Third- 004 abstract sumi
Fourth- 002
Fifth- 007

5 or 1 is a damn tough decision! I do love the subtleness of that mushroom forest!
Wait, have I missed something?
I haven't seen these instructions from Dan.
I have seen the pic's of the work in progress, but I'm getting the impression there's other pic's I haven't seen yet?
@Dan Morrison where does one see this album with prices/designs?

Copacetic,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
This was not a public announcement, it was a link emailed just to the persons in the first batch (15 total).

I'm not going to post any link or pics as I do not want to give away Dan's big reveal- but each one is fucking stunning! The lichen buttons, the hand made wraps, they are all just so aesthetic. Dan even did a few special paint jobs- I could describe, but the pics will speak volumes!

I hope everyone gets exactly what they want!

Last edited:
Top Bottom