The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Where's the magnet on that leather case, eh? ;o)
It's on the Reload right next to it. I haven't had Brenyo's case in my hand yet, so I don't know if it will replace the one I'm currently using, but I suspect not. My case is a little fancier. But I think either one of them will fit in the Ochin.

Added: Now that I think of it Duba did offer the Labetkomp case with a magnet, I just didn't order it. Since I always carry my Reload when I'm out of the house, it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

delta hotel

It's on the Reload right next to it. I haven't had Brenyo's case in my hand yet, so I don't know if it will replace the one I'm currently using, but I suspect not. My case is a little fancier. But I think either one of them will fit in the Ochin.
Just ordered one of these cases in anticipation of my Tempest arriving soon, thank you!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It just came so all I could do was check to be sure everything fits. I don't know how durable the case is, but the zipper looks pretty good, so it should be fine. I've been using a small camera case that is still bigger than I wanted. I think this will fit the bill perfectly. Hard to go wrong for 10 bucks.

Lwd0003

Picked up the OZCHIN case and it fits very well. The case closes better without that accessory panel.

20240909-141917-resized.jpg
Hey mine came today but the leather pouch wasn’t in it! 😭

Lwd0003,
Reactions: cybrguy

DaBouse

Well, I suppose I’m one of those users. Tempest showed up last night. Attempted 3 bowls. The first 2 I barely got a single hit out of. But the bowl appears plenty roasted. The third bowl after the first whimpy hit I tried to reheat. And only got super ripped because I combusted the shit out of that bowl lol.

Going to try more bowls later tonight. Maybe I’m drawing on it too hard? I’ll try packing looser bowls also. I believe the tempest to be sitting in the wand at proper depth.

HaggisHunter

I got another wand adapter yesterday, it has a holographic look to it on one side....
It looks cool I think, is that just the type of material it's made from?
Will it last or will it fade away?
Never looked at the first ones that closely so no idea if they were like that to start with.

Also, I timed my cool down click on my new unit, it was 10m 45s between the cool down clicks. Doesn't make any difference for me. No matter what, the second clicks accurately for heating/reheating and cooling down, I don't really pay much attention to the clicks anyway.

Maybe I’m drawing on it too hard?
Draw strength will make a big difference, especially if the airflow on the head is open.
Try it with the stem airflow closed, head airflow open a little, ease up on the draw strength and see how that goes.

Silonation

Hey folks, which lighter can you recommend to me?
I only get three to four hits in one go. That's why I would like to test it with a reasonable lighter.
Thank you very much for your recommendations 🤗

Silonation,

.d

Anybody got a blue tempest combined with some ebony wood? or rosewood, just wanna see what it looks like.
Can I somehow just browse pictures from this thread maybe?

thanks

TedJones

Got the combo I was waiting for :bowdown: Think @cybrguy has the same outfit. Only ran 2 bowls so far. Getting a click at the first VI, then another at the second. Cool down click 5 & 4 minutes (resting on a steel grinder)! Excellent finished product!
Hey folks, which lighter can you recommend to me?
I like the Ronxs dual or a single flame medium duty lighter (hardware store).
Anybody got a blue tempest combined with some ebony wood?
4th pic ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Got the combo I was waiting for :bowdown: Think @cybrguy has the same outfit.
I wondered how the negative version of mine would look. Turns out it looks excellent. Enjoy!

My order is mostly parts and the only thing that's coming that effects the appearance is the Rosewood stem. I don't know if I've seen that with the blue Tempest so that will still be a surprise.

Beansuppa

Wooo tester upgrade kit has arrived! I forgot how much shinier the original heating sleeve was...mine is quite dirty :rofl:. I asked Brenyo to swap the boro balls out for SIC and he ended up giving me both! What a guy. Also, this wand stand is awesome.

Question for the masses...I think I want to try out one of these new ball types as I've only ever used the zirc ones from the original kit. Which ones have you folks been liking?

Mr Turnip

Mine arrived green with a blue heatsheild (a little gutted I missed out on all black but that's life.

I've not used it yet I'm really glad I bought it especially after seeing all the positives on here.

Anyway anyone have guidance with hash any ball tips etc...

Goita

I've literally just tried a bowl. I only heated until the mid marker which got me very light vapor - should have gone too between 2-3 on the VI. Didn't pack the bowl, kept it loose.

delta hotel

Mine will be here in a few days. I've got a Wand already and a big torch, a case on the way. Can someone recommend a small pocketable torch that will power the Tempest though? I don't mind if it doesn't hold a lot of fuel, but something I could fit in my pocket or carry if I'm going out for the evening that will click the Tempest a handful of times in an outing. Something for when I don't want to carry a big torch or the Wand around, but that'll get a nice roast and I can just fill later.

delta hotel,

eyevape

👀
Thanks - I will do that next time. Did you just put hash in or any hemp fibre?
Not yet. But I’ve been occasionally sandwiching bigger hash crumbles between weed in my Anvil which always worked out great. I’m sure the Tempest is also capable of doing so as it’s hot af and have a good bowl size. It might be even better suited.

Last edited:
eyevape,
Reactions: Goita

Goita

Not yet. But I’ve been occasionally sandwiching hash crumbles between weed in my Anvil which always worked out great. I’m sure the Tempest is also capable of doing so as it’s hot af and have a good bowl size. It might be even better suited.
I used to do that on the dynavap not tried on the tempest yet - will give it a go next.

Goita,
Reactions: eyevape
Top Bottom