The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

Which ones have you folks been liking?
The sic are a good halfway house between the boro and zirc.
The Boro heat up really fast and can be quite aggressive, good for running through water.
The sic are good for quick punchy rips using it natively.
I like to have one with sic and one with zirc on the go.

Just remember to pay attention to the temp adjustment with each kind of using a wand.
With the Boro, go slow and test the water as you go, they heat up mega fast.

DaBouse

Ugh. I am getting frustrated. Everyone else seems to be getting good results. So that tells me that it’s something that I’m doing. But I’m not sure what.

I’ve adjusted the wand adapter. I’ve adjusted the air flow at the bowl. As well as tried all 3 stem options. Loosely packed bowls. Used more bud. Used less. Even adjusted my draw strength because I hit a lot of carts. I am very consistently getting one super weak hit. And I’m not really sure what to adjust at this point.

I’ve been around 295 c or 565 f til timeout. Bud is pretty roasted, but no solid hits yet.

gosta

Ugh. I am getting frustrated. Everyone else seems to be getting good results. So that tells me that it’s something that I’m doing. But I’m not sure what.

I’ve adjusted the wand adapter. I’ve adjusted the air flow at the bowl. As well as tried all 3 stem options. Loosely packed bowls. Used more bud. Used less. Even adjusted my draw strength because I hit a lot of carts. I am very consistently getting one super weak hit. And I’m not really sure what to adjust at this point.

I’ve been around 295 c or 565 f til timeout. Bud is pretty roasted, but no solid hits yet.
That seems very high temp. I've been getting good results between 500-550f, with the adapter barely poking out from the wand, maybe 1mm.

HaggisHunter

I’ve been around 295 c
Try closing the stem, leave airflow in the head open a little bit.
Maybe upping the temp will help, it's worth adjusting temp as battery level drops.
Try going up in 10c increments.
Run it until the time out message if head is cold.
For repeat bowls, heat until the 2nd marker and see how it is - adjust from there.

Take it easy with the draw as you increase heating times.

Fresh batteries I'm about 325c.
When the batteries are down to 2 bars/50% I'm up at 335/340c, 1 bar/25% battery I change thrm. I use molicel p28's.

DaBouse

Try closing the stem, leave airflow in the head open a little bit.
Maybe upping the temp will help, it's worth adjusting temp as battery level drops.
Try going up in 10c increments.
Run it until the time out message if head is cold.
For repeat bowls, heat until the 2nd marker and see how it is - adjust from there.

Take it easy with the draw as you increase heating times.

Fresh batteries I'm about 325c.
When the batteries are down to 2 bars/50% I'm up at 335/340c, 1 bar/25% battery I change thrm. I use molicel p28's.
Have had 2 decent bowls so far this evening. Out of about 6. I’ve been rotating the stem around but coincidentally both of the good bowls were set to bypass. But that’s likely just a coincidence.

Unsure if I’ve unknowingly adjusted something. But the 2nd good bowl was at the higher temp due to lower battery indicator. I’m using the strange looking OEM batteries that came in the wand. I’ll put the milocels in tomorrow. I forgot how long these take to charge.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Does the cap of the Tempest fit into the slots on the top of the Reload Gen1?
I'm not certain what you're asking, but I'll give it a go.
By the slots on the top of the reload I am thinking that you are referring to the decapper that is on there to make it easy to remove a Vapcap cap. A vapcap cap is held on the tip by friction and catching the rim of it in the decapper allows you to pull the stem up to pull the cap off.
The Tempest head is the analogue of the tip and cap and it screws on to the bowl which attaches to the stem just like the vapcap tip attaches to an 8mm vapcap stem.
The decapper on the reload captures the cap on a vapcap and allows you to pull it off the tip. (while hot)
The magnet on the reload holds the Tempest head still, so that you can twist the stem to unscrew it and expose the bowl. (while hot)

The decapper on the reload gen2 is deeper than the gen1, so that you can now pull off an armored cap from a vapcap. Interestingly, the slits for the VI in the tempest head happen to align with the decapper on the gen2, tho I can't imagine a use for that.

There's a great feature on the Gen 2 for if you happen to tighten the bowl a little too tight while the head is hot and the magnet isn't strong enough to unscrew it. On the underside of the top is an indentation that fits the shape of the top of the head so you can easily untighten it.

There is a lot in the Reload that isn't always obious.

Madao

curious if anyone has tried older wand adapters with their tempest yet? I tried a couple bowls with my Skull Kandy Carbon Fiber insert the default balls at a low temp of like 435f and was getting large clouds. I thought the heat could be a potential issue but then i checked the melting points of the carbon fiber and there is nothing to worry about there.

Should be fine to use other adapters no? Was feeling paranoid about not exclusively using the adapter that came with it lol.

Also anyone else when they submit they preorder for the extra pots not realize they ordered the gen 1 mini pots? gotta couple paper weights here now xD

Madao,
Reactions: BearFuur

HaggisHunter

Shoot was waiting for payday to get my preorder in but looks like everything sold out on the new batch
If you have a revolve stem you could get the upgrade kit.
Or, they still have upgrade kits in stock in black and titanium, and still have the revolve gen 2 cooling units in black and rainbow - this is basically a tempest and the differences aren't worth worrying about.

They still have the heads in stock as well.

Should be fine to use other adapters no?
Not sure if the heating will be different or not, but if your carbon one is enclosed at the bottom, then you won't be able to take advantage of the visual indicator, which you obviously can with the glass kind.

BearFuur

@HaggisHunter recieved my black ebony ood tempest kit with a revolve Gen 2 in rainbow. I unfortunately was too stoned when I red the 15% off message about adding the revolve Gen 2. I though I'd be getting the tempest cooling unit in black as well as the revolve Gen 2, lmao. That was some good weed!

I've decided that I can't wait another 6-12 months to get another Tempest head. So I went ahead and ordered one in lime green yesterday (9/10) as I really, really enjoy the black and the performanceof the Tempest. But I'd really love to being some color into my life. Especially the colored VI, so cool imo.

I ended up going all out for my bday that's on Sep 12th and ended up grabbing the glass joint reducer and a glass sleeve.

My question for you guys is. Do you think for $50 more bucks I should grab the revolve upgrade kit? I've been told by a couple people that have the Gen 2 revolve and the tempest that it's damn near the same, but the Gen 2 Runa a little but hotter and that the upgrade to the tempest sleeve isn't really worth it for me, from what I've been told. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this

@CaleidosCope That looks super clean and gorgeous with the raw Ti stem and Tempest head! I just threw my black tempest head on my raw Ti MVS and a wooden MVS tonight. They looked absolutely stunning and actually hit REALLY well with handling the heat from the Tempest head. I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I'll definitely be using my DV stems more often now

Musikchen

vivasativa in EU and terpchasersclub in the US seems to have some in stock too.
..I know vivasativa is legit, dont know the US shop.
A list of all the retailers would be nice?

Is there soon gonna be a stock of heatshield colors available on the madheaters page too?
Vivasativa seems to have some heatshields.

Are there additional wood choices planned or something like that?

MrGreenspoon

wow, if I had known this before... but, is their stock real? or is it still preorder while they wait ?
It's real as @eyevape said. @LaCentraleVapeur.com has it in stock, I received my tempest yesterday. But beware if you plan to order the Reload, it's marked as in stock even with a green banner "immediate dispatch" but they do not have it. I know it because I ordered one. They said maybe in 5-25 days.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist

My recipe: Cap airflow open slightly, direct draw tube, stem airflow closed, wand at 660-680F till solid light (usually get a click around the same time). This yields 5-6 good draws and a dark brown roast. Never a need to reheat a bowl. MTL pulls will produce a larger hit.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried different cultivars of herb? I've had some that just produce low amounts of vapor.

MrGreenspoon

FYI I ordered a reload at la centrale vapeur last week and received it 2 days ago
Ordered last Friday and have to wait 5-25 days, but on their website it's still marked as in stock and with "immediate dispatch".

Last edited:
MrGreenspoon,
Reactions: btka

btka

It's real as @eyevape said. @LaCentraleVapeur.com has it in stock, I received my tempest yesterday. But beware if you plan to order the Reload, it's marked as in stock even with a green banner "immediate dispatch" but they do not have it. I know it because I ordered one. They said maybe in 5-25 days.

@Fogoff

Did you get the wand adapter with your tempest from LaCentraleVapeur.com ? My was missing, but they assured me to send it to me…I also ordered a reload but they told me something else from my order is missing and I have to wait 5-25 days, but the item is also available in their shop… something happening there… Until now I never had problems with them… they mixed something or are not honest… I asked them to send the items in my order that they have in stock and the rest they can send when they get them.. 25 days is too long to wait.. since then they not responding to my mail… as said before I was always happy with their service and mostly bought from them… do not know what happened this time

Did you order something else? Or only the reload..

Last edited:
Top Bottom