The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Pillaryclinton

Does anyone know if the tempest is actually releasing in June or if it’ll be pushed back again only thing holding me back from ordering a revolve gen 2

Pillaryclinton,
Reactions: Jojofernz

Wozz

Hopefully 🤞
Brenyo ,as much as everyone else , hopes for this month, I'm sure.

Ontil everything is with Brenyo there is no certainty...
Parts could still get lost in transit, not meet QC...
Possibilities are as many as your imagination allows..

As soon as they are ready to order, we'll know.
That will be asap.

Delays are often unforeseen, Brenyo never changed any dates for fun... Just kept us updated with what was going on.

We are closer to release than we were 👍

...make sure you've got a loose, even distribution of material....
Thanks, SockPuppet. Yeah, I discovered that the hard way when I first got my Revolve. I packed my very first bowl too tight, drew too hard, and combusted.

These days, I distribute the material evenly, but don't tamp down at all.

Last edited:
BindlestiffNYC,
Reactions: sedentree

bellona0544

off topic about the product and more about release stuff--Brenyo has consistently informed of delays and has delayed things to avoid putting out faulty product. delays hurt business and are not for brenyo's benefit. if anyone knows a local uk machine shop willing to do the kind of work at the kind of scale and pricepoint brenyo has, by all means, send the information to him. until then, i am still pretty darn happy to wait and be patient for a product to actually be shipped in a finished state. i prefer things that take a while and work to, say, AAA titles put out by the gaming industry, or a particular recent vaporizer device launch with a 10,000 initial unit recall.

anyhooooooo i think i saw somewhere in this thread a few users talking about the tempest with the inductor. for people who have both and have experimented for a bit: what works? what voltage are you running at, where are you putting the head, do you rely on the click discs/visual indicators or are you going by feel/time, etc?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
off topic about the product and more about release stuff--Brenyo has consistently informed of delays and has delayed things to avoid putting out faulty product. delays hurt business and are not for brenyo's benefit. if anyone knows a local uk machine shop willing to do the kind of work at the kind of scale and pricepoint brenyo has, by all means, send the information to him. until then, i am still pretty darn happy to wait and be patient for a product to actually be shipped in a finished state. i prefer things that take a while and work to, say, AAA titles put out by the gaming industry, or a particular recent vaporizer device launch with a 10,000 initial unit recall.
I have been involved in the Testing of the Tempest for a while, I have broken caps, springs, discs, mouth pieces etc and this has led to a number of fixes - even right at the 11th hour I found a issue that @Brenyo had to send to the Manufacturer so that it didn't happen when it was released as I broke the cap again... So while I fully understand peoples frustrations (not saying belladona you're expressing frustrations, just piggybacking your statement), I believe people would have been more unhappy with recalls or parts being sent out that you have to replace because there is no way to send something to the UK that's been used for repairs as its not a legal country.

I for one think that Brenyo has taken every care to make sure that the release is as solid as possible and will be worth waiting the extra time

I’m waiting for the Flare too. But i think they have problems… In the beta video the guy needed to add a copper fmj to the anvil duracore to reach 105W instead 55W (firmware things i suppose). And we didn’t see the tempest with it (the final version of the yllih didn’t recognize the tempest and the flare is based on the yllih). Another point is how much time the 18650 battery can hold 110/120W. Maybe they need to use 21700….we’ll see we’ll see…
I actually emailed the guys making the Flare asking then why they were only using 18650 as it didn't really make sense to me as the devices of today are already chancing the the 21700 so why not future proof the design. I still want to see how it goes with the Tempest.

As a torch-only user, I wonder if I could use the Tempest head on a rig without spinning the Tempest. Or is that a bad idea?
I feel that since you are only transferring heat to the balls and not the herb directly, it wouldn’t matter if it’s unevenly heated?
Or would heating one side for 10 seconds and then the other work?
I have done this sort of heating a few times - you can do it that way - where you change where you are heating as oppose to spinning the Tempest, it is one of the styles I was playing with myself - it isn't what I would recommend as the oven takes time to stabilize and you can still get an uneven heat to the oven which can cause uneven extraction.

anyhooooooo i think i saw somewhere in this thread a few users talking about the tempest with the inductor. for people who have both and have experimented for a bit: what works? what voltage are you running at, where are you putting the head, do you rely on the click discs/visual indicators or are you going by feel/time, etc?
I am using the Forge not the Inductor but I have started to be able to do what you describe, I used the clicks and VI to figure out what settings I wanted to Forge to be at and now I don't worry about the clicks/VI when I heat with the Forge - so I assume that you should be able to do it with other things like the Induction although I expect that to be harder as its a single point of contact

I see you held the Tempest in the hole. Does one have to hold it there or can it be hands free like the other 2?
I have been causing the Forge to overheat all the time and I was given some feedback to try and avoid it touching the sides... to be honest that's not what's causing the "Device Overheats" but at the time of making this video I was trying to avoid touching the glass.

That being said, the Wagon wheel pin (adjustable height in the coil) has a point/sort of rounded top, so when I put the Tempest or Dynvap in the coil on the pin it wants to slide off to the side and the Tempest gets heated in a uneven fashion (the circle is higher up on one side than the other because of the angle it sits at) and holding it in the middle fixes that issue,

In the Video below you can see how one side of the Tempest is visible and you can see the cherry ring that is created, you can't see the other side because of the angle I am talking about.

I plan on changing the wagon wheel pin and replacing it with something that's flat so I can just place it flat & in a specific spot - without having to worry about it falling to one side... the "no hands" (below) is an example of it falling to one side as I have the pin set to its highest point to avoid the heat hitting directly onto the bowl.

So neither of you use the official WPA? I'm just thinking about accessories at this point and am still unsure on the WPA.
I don’t believe there is an “official” wpa for the tempest
Yet!

Hi all, new FC user here. Been lurking on this thread in anticipation of the Tempest :)

Q: a few pages back, someone mentioned discoloration on the colored part of their Tempest bowl. does everybody with a colored Tempest experience this? I'm less concerned about aesthetics (I enjoy a good patina), more about whether I'll be inhaling dye of some kind :tinfoil:

I know next to nothing about anodization so let me know if this concern is unfounded!
Someone may have answered you before me and if so sorry for doubling up - you don't need to worry about dye / or that sort of thing

Ahhhh FML... I just "Kissed the Dragon" again... damn dog... she "nose poked" my arm and I ate the wrong end of my vape... I have Tempest "stainless steel sleeve" lines on my lip....

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I for one think that Brenyo has taken every care to make sure that the release is as solid as possible and will be worth waiting the extra time
100%

I actually emailed the guys making the Flare asking then why they were only using 18650 as it didn't really make sense to me as the devices of today are already chancing the the 21700 so why not future proof the design. I still want to see how it goes with the Tempest.

I told them the same. A couple of times, actually. In the last time, since they are “on development” again i suggested to add, if it is possible, a 12v connection to use it like a desktop too (not removing the fast charging usbc, of course). I stop here since this is a little offtopic

Kissing the Dragon is the WORST..
I thought the Dynavap was bad..
The Tempest decided to keep a part of me...
That's part of my bottom lip ffs

Mmmm….a new adding taste to your herb! Human spice! :freak::lol:
hannibal lecter GIF

Jojofernz

As someone who only fairly recently got into vaping, I personally don’t want giant batteries in a big IH. I’m looking for something portable for IH as that’s when I’ll use it more. At home I teach for the desktops more. Love the wand for its form but if anything I want something smaller/more comfortable for on-the-go sessions, not something bigger! Also I have tons of 18650s and no giant hardware batteries just laying around. Really can’t wait to see how the flare performs with tempest/anvil/etc…

But on another note, sic balls work great with full bowl. Finally switched back to full bowl setting after recent clean and with sic balls in, great even roasts throughout the bowl, nice and thick clouds. I kept wanting to push the sic balls to the third indicator which is what I would do with the original zirc balls but ended up combusting a good bit in the half bowl haha and now full bowl seems to have helped my laziness in changing routines.

Last edited:

RedZep

I've been using Tempest on a WPA half bowl for over a month. Been loving the efficiency.

However I've been sat by the river today, using the TI stem, full bowl, DRC flow tube. I think it's not stated often enough how amazing it is to be able to vape 0.15g in a single lungful for a huge tasty cloud, with no coughing.

I vaped two bowls in rapid succession. There is no other vape in the world that can let you smash 0.3g in a matter of minutes. I've forgotten how accomplished it is as a portable.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
As someone who only fairly recently got into vaping, I personally don’t want giant batteries in a big IH. I’m looking for something portable for IH as that’s when I’ll use it more.
The Flare is bigger than the wand but hopefully it has the power to handle the Tempest as a lot of us have many 18650 sitting around. I just notice that everything that seems to be coming out (example Solo III) is making the move to the 21700's and to me it makes sense to be future proofing where you can.

At home I teach for the desktops more.
I find that when I am using primarily desktops devices I end up going through a lot more herb than if I am using the manual devices. I am hoping a few changes to some of the desktops I have might make it such that this changes at home - but the efficiency, the effects and the experience combined; means that the Tempest (or TA's or Anvil) with the Forge is winning the reach test time and time again, over the desktops I own.

Reload, Tempest and Forge... I took the 3 over to my girlfriends mums for dinner Sunday... Tiny Tempest, small Reload and this MASSIVE Forge.... I still screw up with a torch on occasion and scorch my bowl so I don't like taking torches to my girls mums and took the Forge instead this time.

It felt silly, but I'd do it again.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I’ve spent the day with just the Tempest and the Forge as I’m trying to work out what is causing the warning sounds… what it’s allowed me to do is try and dial in the settings I was using and I’ve settled on the following for now.

2500@66% is my regular, it’s smack in the middle for how fast it is to heat up and how heavily it’s extracted.

2250@88% is very quick, it’s 10 second or less, its flavour first and a moderate extraction.

2750@50% is the slowest, it’s also the furthest I’d want to push it regarding how heavily it’s extracted… it’s very toasty and as spent as it gets, good stoney effects.

Singularity Walker

I’ve spent the day with just the Tempest and the Forge as I’m trying to work out what is causing the warning sounds… what it’s allowed me to do is try and dial in the settings I was using and I’ve settled on the following for now.
Thank you for your updates. Watching them as I wait for releases of new battery operated IH devices hoping for a replacement to The Wand to use with the Tempest & TA.
So far the watchlist has Flare & Forge (taking recommendations, battery powered please).

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I use the Wand most of the time. I don't love it, but I don't want something as big as the Forge, or as expensive. I find, though, when I use the torch I have a tendency to get the Tempest Ti stem uncomfortably hot so I have been bringing the Wand with when out of the house. Maybe I'm not using the torch properly, but I have tried making adjustments. Once the store opens up I'm gonna get some glass and especially some wood which should keep the stem from getting too hot for me.

Wozz

Am I the only one who gets amazing results with the wand every time?
I must admit , I wasn't keen on my wand at first.
Still not impressed with the battery indicator, I leave it plugged in most of the time.
But as for results, once I had it dialed in I have found that I now use it more than a torch.

As much as I do love the ritual with the torch, sometimes, lately most of the time 😂, prefer the convenience of the wand . N yup, great , consistent results 👍

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Am I the only one who gets amazing results with the wand every time?
You are not alone!

Got the Wand (it's my first and only IH so can't compare to others) specifically for the Tempest and really liking it: i've never even used a torch on my Tempest tbh (maybe if i get a second, fully calibrated, one).
Quickly found my sweet spot and once set it always gives the same result.
Silent and totally repeatable! Great combo!
Love it!

the combination is the cats meow
:clap:
MeoW!

kokolokokolokon

The wand is a perfect match with the tempest. But! I find it could be even better.
To reach the max power I set it at 400/420 and my tempest gets ready when it stops blinking (or before). It works great at 300/320 until time out message too, but it is a bit slower.

The problem with the wand is the 2x18650 suffer a lot and they can’t stand the sweet spot of power. I notice a big different when it has 2 battery lines.

I remember Brenyo told us the max power you could use in a Ih for the tempest would be 150W. So a stable power of 110/120W would be better than the wand (that’s why i would like the flare to have 21700, the 3x18650 can reach that power, but they can’t stand it for a long time)

Also, while i love how it works with the tempest, i hate the wand battery indicator and charging port 🤣

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never charge batteries inside my vapes, whether or not they have a plug for doing so. But the charge indicator on the wand is fairly useless in terms of battery charge status. Sometimes I can get a good heat when the battery shows zero capacity and sometimes it stops heating when it shows there is still charge. So I pretty much ignore the charge status on the device and operate based on my memory of when the battery was put in. And I always bring an extra set of batteries if I take it out of the house.

Top Bottom