The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

AndyO

Saw a lot of negative stuff about Mad Heaters / Tempest on reddit today; it's some nonsense. My take is that people are upset they haven't gotten one in their hands yet.

1. Mad Heaters makes excellent quality products, this includes the Tempest
2. The Tempest is my favorite vape
3. The beta isn't perfect, but the Tempest still my favorite vape

If any redditors find their way here, I just wanted to speak for someone who doesn't think the Tempest is over-hyped. The hype is real, and it's wins my reach test a lot. My post history proves as much.

Happy vaping :peace:

I don't really look at cannabis stuff on reddit, but why would it be shocking that people are upset that they can't get it yet when it's months (and months) overdue?

Compare the complete dearth of info about the Tempest to another new, upcoming vape that I'm invested in (and have pre-ordered for), the VerdaVap. We get regular videos, we get transparency around the hold ups, we've had regular updates on the timing of the project. Yes, it's later than expected, but I'm not concerned about my money/my pre-order/the status of the device in the slightest because we've had absolute transparency around it.

What've we had from MH? We've had "January" then we've had "March" and just a few days ago I think we got "next week" or "soon".

It's the obvious downside of having a hyped new product - if you create something that people want, at some point you need to make it available to them.

Wozz

I don't really look at cannabis stuff on reddit, but why would it be shocking that people are upset that they can't get it yet when it's months (and months) overdue?

Compare the complete dearth of info about the Tempest to another new, upcoming vape that I'm invested in (and have pre-ordered for), the VerdaVap. We get regular videos, we get transparency around the hold ups, we've had regular updates on the timing of the project. Yes, it's later than expected, but I'm not concerned about my money/my pre-order/the status of the device in the slightest because we've had absolute transparency around it.

What've we had from MH? We've had "January" then we've had "March" and just a few days ago I think we got "next week" or "soon".

It's the obvious downside of having a hyped new product - if you create something that people want, at some point you need to make it available to them.

I think that It is shocking. Those same folk would be the first to complain if a product was released and had issues.

I'm personally happy with the updates we have had. We were also given reasons for delays.

We were given the option, more than once of picking up a Tempest before release.
I got one, total joy to use.
I don't have the click disc , that will just be the icing on the cake of a great device.

Mine all fits together perfectly.
My balls have not ever come lose.

For me, I made the right decision picking one up , no regrets in the slightest.

🤞 For release next month.
Delays can happen with anything, 🤷‍♂️
For me, I know it's worth the wait .

AndyO

I think that It is shocking. Those same folk would be the first to complain if a product was released and had issues.

I'm personally happy with the updates we have had. We were also given reasons for delays.

We were given the option, more than once of picking up a Tempest before release.
I got one, total joy to use.
I don't have the click disc , that will just be the icing on the cake of a great device.

Mine all fits together perfectly.
My balls have not ever come lose.

For me, I made the right decision picking one up , no regrets in the slightest.

🤞 For release next month.
Delays can happen with anything, 🤷‍♂️
For me, I know it's worth the wait .

Comparing your experience with the non-existent experience of people who haven't been able to get them just seems so pointless and irrelevant. Your positive experience has exactly zero relationship with my experience of waiting 6 months+ to be able to buy it with few, if any updates, and little explanation for delays.

And you can't claim that everyone has had the opportunity to buy them, you only had that chance if 1) you were on FC, cos it was the only way you heard about it, and 2) you had the money and were online at the time - from memory the second release was like 3 or 4am in the morning Australian time.

And reasons for delays? Chinese New Year?

Wozz

Comparing your experience with the non-existent experience of people who haven't been able to get them just seems so pointless and irrelevant. Your positive experience has exactly zero relationship with my experience of waiting 6 months+ to be able to buy it with few, if any updates, and little explanation for delays.

And you can't claim that everyone has had the opportunity to buy them, you only had that chance if 1) you were on FC, cos it was the only way you heard about it, and 2) you had the money and were online at the time - from memory the second release was like 3 or 4am in the morning Australian time.

Everyone did have the same opportunity lol.

1) FC isn't some secret forum. Yes I heard here, 🤷‍♂️

2) We were given a heads up on when each pre release would be available.
Stay up , set an alarm , or don't...
I stayed up for the CC release, knew I wouldn't need to, but hey, I was excited.

Folk didn't have the opportunity because they didn't have the money ...🤷‍♂️ I saved up ..had plenty of time , there have been delays.

Yup, Chinese New Year was a reason, whether you like the reason or not... But we were given a reason , seems transparent to me.

I'd prefer a release when ready rather than not..

sedentree

My personal experience, I have wanted a Tempest since I found out about it and have been following this thread since. I have been aware of the beta drops i,e there was an opportunity to purchase the item BEFORE release. I think Brenyo has been perfect in their communication, lots of info about the device, lots of updates on changes they are making following feedback on the beta devices, updates on manufacturing issues.

At the end of the day, there is zero obligation on Mad Heaters part to even build this device let alone sell it to folks.

Rhetorically, how can people want something so much they get angry if there are delays in the release? For me that is an entitled attitude.

I am also in the verdavap thread and yes I ordered that in part because of the maker being upfront and informative but mainly cos I want the device. But you could easily make similar complaints about verdavap if you wanted to. It doesn’t make much sense to compare really. If you ask me anyway. I don’t think it is fair to say we have had one word answers from Mad Heaters, and the obvious way to check that is to read this entire thread.

At the end of the day, as I said above, Mad Heaters are not obligated to make the device nor sell it. We the buyers are lucky to have the opportunity to try these wonderful devices. I also think the level if communication is great, maybe not quite as good as some but better than so many others and that is why I personally am prepared to wait.

✌️

Edit: I also think, let’s look at it from the other side; in my opinion I think Mad Heaters want to sell the device and haven’t just gone through all this effort for any other reason then to sell it to others so I am certain Mad Heaters would be as frustrated as anybody who is feeling such things at not being able to spend money on this device.

Last edited:

AndyO

My personal experience, I have wanted a Tempest since I found out about it and have been following this thread since. I have been aware of the beta drops i,e there was an opportunity to purchase the item BEFORE release. I think Brenyo has been perfect in their communication, lots of info about the device, lots of updates on changes they are making following feedback on the beta devices, updates on manufacturing issues.

At the end of the day, there is zero obligation on Mad Heaters part to even build this device let alone sell it to folks.

Rhetorically, how can people want something so much they get angry if there are delays in the release? For me that is an entitled attitude.

I am also in the verdavap thread and yes I ordered that in part because of the maker being upfront and informative but mainly cos I want the device. But you could easily make similar complaints about verdavap if you wanted to. It doesn’t make much sense to compare really. If you ask me anyway. I don’t think it is fair to say we have had one word answers from Mad Heaters, and the obvious way to check that is to read this entire thread.

At the end of the day, as I said above, Mad Heaters are not obligated to make the device nor sell it. We the buyers are lucky to have the opportunity to try these wonderful devices. I also think the level if communication is great, maybe not quite as good as some but better than so many others and that is why I personally am prepared to wait.

✌️

It's such a wild interpretation of capitalism that we're "lucky" to have companies making and selling stuff!

gosta

What a childish take. There are so many companies developing products that you are not entitled/able to own yet, are you pissy with them too? The only difference between them and Mad Heaters approach is that the beta testing is public, and there are public updates, amounting to a better product in the end. Feck off complaining about it, we are better off with this approach. Buy your vapes from some soulless company that doesn't announce a product until it's on sale, if that's the experience you want, plenty are available.

simba

@weedanwine
Better to wait than release a vape without proper testing and have to do some kind of mass recall 👀

Whilst I don't think that we're lucky in any way, after all it's a product to be sold etc... There is also no entitlement either, if you wanna wait for the device then cool, if not then buy something else.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
It's his creation so he is 100% entitled to take as long as he wants/ as long as he feels is needed to release?
Don't blame somebody for being a bit of a perfectionist.

Just think about it: if the wait is frustrating to you (or other customers) how must it be for Brenyo? I'm sure he would prefer to start selling (and caving in to all the demand) but luckily for us he wants it to be perfect and fully functional first. It might be slightly frustrating to people that are waiting for the release but i'm very sure he feels more pressure and frustration to get things going then us... We don't have our money invested in it, do we?

Anyway: at the end of the day it's better to have 100 "would be-customers" getting slightly disgrunted because they 'can't buy it yet' rather then have 10 buying customers with complaints regarding functionality so yeah, i can fully understand any delay. Tweaking and finetuning certain components can take more time when you are relying on third parties for machining so he is right here, waiting with us...

It's such a wild interpretation of capitalism that we're "lucky" to have companies making and selling stuff!

How do you jump from here to capitalism?
I mean, it's not like we are dealing with a huge company here is it?
It's a guy that has great ideas and he is making them a reality. But to do so he is investing a lot of his own resources and his time, knowledge and effort to bring an innovative device to the community so yeah, i agree: we are lucky to have people like that.
Leave capitalism were it should be: out of this equation! ;)

RedZep

I've been on this thread since page 1. Delays were always communicated. The reasons were always due to Brenyo wanting to release a perfectly working device. The release of beta units allowed community testing and feedback, while allowing the most interested users a chance to end their wait.

The amount of variables Brenyo has aimed to perfect on first release would take most manufacturers several product releases to attain, if ever.

So yes people acting like spoilt children is not great. Especially as it simply reveals how badly they want a Tempest. So as soon as Tempest has mass release and word of mouth is spreading like wildfire what an amazing vape it is, these people will be first in line to order. So their entitled moaning is completely in vain, and suggests an immature outlook.

Smknbud

Your positive experience has exactly zero relationship with my experience of waiting 6 months+ to be able to buy it with few, if any updates, and little explanation for delays.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume your venting your frustration of having to wait this long 'cause I get it to some degree, but please consider that @Brenyo has over 700 posts in this thread and has gone the extra mile by a long shot keeping us informed about the status of the Tempest. Just hang in there, it'll be worth the wait in the end.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I will be generous and not respond directly to the poster's "arguments", but I will say that he displays an example of why most of us are here and not on Reddit. In this forum, we respect the makers and their process. We try to understand how difficult it is to create new technology, and that the process of developing it is not smooth or quick. Products that are released too quickly are products that almost invariably have problems that need to be fixed later, or are never fixed. @Brenyo 's effort to make sure that the Tempest is a product that is fully complete and everyone loves is more than appreciated by me and most of the users here. Like @RedZep I think Brenyo has done a great job of keeping us informed of the delays that have occurred, and why they occurred. And I am certainly not gonna beat him up for problems with having a fabricator overseas that is inconsistent in production and pauses their work for local holidays. I am quite confident that choosing to make this product in the UK or elsewhere would make the product much more expensive than it is, and I am good with the price point of this product. And by the way, with the product itself. And I don't even have the fully complete version that hopefully will ship soon.

TedJones

The Vaphit stem working well on this fun day Sunday! Plenty of glass to 🆒 :cool:

RedZep

I will be generous and not respond directly to the poster's "arguments", but I will say that he displays an example of why most of us are here and not on Reddit. In this forum, we respect the makers and their process. We try to understand how difficult it is to create new technology, and that the process of developing it is not smooth or quick. Products that are released too quickly are products that almost invariably have problems that need to be fixed later, or are never fixed. @Brenyo 's effort to make sure that the Tempest is a product that is fully complete and everyone loves is more than appreciated by me and most of the users here. Like @RedZep I think Brenyo has done a great job of keeping us informed of the delays that have occurred, and why they occurred. And I am certainly not gonna beat him up for problems with having a fabricator overseas that is inconsistent in production and pauses their work for local holidays. I am quite confident that choosing to make this product in the UK or elsewhere would make the product much more expensive than it is, and I am good with the price point of this product. And by the way, with the product itself. And I don't even have the fully complete version that hopefully will ship soon.
The irony is that I see posts on Reddit constantly complaining about rushed product releases. Products releasing in a beta state, then getting rapid fire new models updating the issues.

Brenyo is trying to release a perfected vape. Now some of them complain they wanted it earlier, and rushed. Can't win with some of these people.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
The irony is that I see posts on Reddit constantly complaining about rushed product releases. Products releasing in a beta state, then getting rapid fire new models updating the issues.

Brenyo is trying to release a perfected vape. Now some of them complain they wanted it earlier, and rushed. Can't win with some of these people.
Yep... The first people to rush in and make S&B jokes are also the first to complain about the Tempest delays. I've even seen someone refer to Madheaters as a shady business... MADHEATERS, of all makers, shady.... The guy that sent me a free factory second revolve gen 2 just because I sent him a message gushing about how much I was enjoying my gen 1. The guy that sent me a bunch of free carb-less glass stems just because I mentioned I used my revolve a lot with my FW7.

It made me legitimately upset to read that. The one maker who has gone above expectations with every interaction I've had with them, and he gets shit on by a bunch of nerds cuz he's trying to make something amazing with community feedback. I couldn't fw that sub anymore after that, vaporents been a shell for years anyway

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Nah this isn't true. S&b should have more market experience than to have released products that aren't ready for market, no matter how many years of development. Mad heaters are doing the exact opposite.
I don't disagree with that, but I also don't see how that makes what I said not true? Many users on vaporents are quick to joke about a rushed product , but don't see the irony when they harp on a product for being delayed under the goal of trying to work out kinks that the community feedback has given them.

kokolokokolokon

ok you said almost everything i wanted to say :lol:

Imagine invest a lot on a product and wait to be perfect (or almost) with this delay without almost profit. Not easy.
I don´t have another word about Brenyo more than: RESPECT. He want to release great products and he has some minimum quality standards.
His designs are more complex and well though than a lot others on here (and instagram).
I think it is an admirable work and we never forget he is not a big company.

Adding: a lot of people who want the tempest already have other devices...so it is not their first vape, they can vape with other devices meanwhile :lol: if they need to buy something yes or yes then they have a problem (VAS). Being upset because they want it now (and they want it aaall 🎶) is like the oposite thing to relaxing vaping herb:lol:

Reddit is full of haters and fanboys. We just have to check some past dramas... I use to feel sorry about the people who ask on reddit for a vape when they are rookies on this world :freak:

The Vaphit stem working well on this fun day Sunday! Plenty of glass to 🆒 :cool:
I tried that too! Epic

kegstandman420

So I noticed on MH website if you go to tempest accessories there are some new things showing. Visual indicator, visual spring, CLICK DISKS! It says WS next to it whatever that means and when I click on it it just says add account when the other accessories takes me to the item. It must be close yall! And hopefully us with pre release versions get those new updated "accessories" soon!

HashOnMyMind

I'm excited for the release! :leaf:

I hope the EU site madheaters.eu is ready soon, so we can buy the Tempest head without the stem but with balls and maybe an opening magnet there. That would be awesome!
I'll mostly use it with my glass piece, but when I'm out, I might try my Simrell MVS, as someone here mentioned they liked using it with the Tempest.

Oh btw im leaning towards Boro balls with the Ronx dual torch seems like it would give me a fast heavy hit without much soaking needed?

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Vestratto Forge with the Tempest is as good or better than what I can achieve with a Torch...

Thermal Accumulator 4 (0:00-1:06) --> Anvil (1:07-2:00) --> Tempest (2:01-End)

The Tempest is on a vortex as my Revolve was warm after using my TA4 on it just before hand.... and my Tempest cooling unit needs a new mouth piece still...

I might just put away the torches... all freakin 5 of the new ones I just bought.... ah well - it was all for science & I wanted to test the Tempest in every possible way I could think of..... I have broken 2 tempest caps, a mouth piece and a visual indicator spring in my attempt to put the Tempest through *laughs* about 3 years worth of a normal persons use - compacted into 7 months of testing...

Anyway the video of the Forge & stuff

I am SO excited to see the updated website with the parts and things (I really want a little green indicator dial, just because), and I think we are all excited about the release version (and the updates to our beta devices) and finally having everything being calibrated to @Brenyo's level of satisfaction :) as we all know, he is very meticulous and has put so much work into this device, its just so cool seeing it almost over the line.... so close...

When we all have the click discs and visual indicators working, its going to take the guess work out of using the Tempest. It wasn't until I got the test click discs and vi that I was able to really dial in my technique with the torches and the wand (which I can throw away at LAST).

Last edited:
Top Bottom