The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Jojofernz

That’s the plan and it will click back sooner as well.

If the bottom of the glass cup is level with the red silicone the induction layer is right in the middle of the coil. If you push it further down it will be more conduction as it’s heating closer to the bowl. It can work well but overall there will be a bit less calories in the cap and the VI will lag behind more so you have to aim for the 2nd line instead of the 3rd for example.

You can push out the silicone more than the glass so it acts a stand during heat up
I don’t how how I missed this about the bottom of the cup being level with the red silicon

But I just tried that this morning at 555f and wow!! I already thought I was getting great performance out of this thing, but this just pumped it up, cloud and flavor city!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Okay, guys, which is it? Should the adapter glass be even with the red ring from the bottom, or should the shade change on the knurled portion of the cap be even with top of the opening? It can't be both... :rolleyes: :lol:

Feyd2blak

Okay, guys, which is it? Should the adapter glass be even with the red ring from the bottom, or should the shade change on the knurled portion of the cap be even with top of the opening? It can't be both... :rolleyes: :lol:
Lol is there a chance different versions of the wand have slightly different depths? Older models Vs new, EU Vs Australia? Or is it just everyone's opinion of what is even.....

Feyd2blak,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suppose an acceptable answer would be, try each of these and see which one works best for you. :cool:

cybrguy,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I suppose an acceptable answer would be, try each of these and see which one works best for you. :cool:
Anywhere between the marked range is good, I'm in the middle which is where it's about level with the red silicone on the bottom.

IMG_0441.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It seems when one goes too deep that it's heating the stem more and the stem gets hotter faster. And the batteries may drain faster. Maybe it just seems that way but...

cybrguy,
Reactions: RedZep

ahm123

is there a recommended brand for the molicel p28a batteries? these are the best option for longest use in wand, correct?

ahm123,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you mean source, the most popular sources seem to be Liionwholesale.com (my fav), Illumn.com 18650batteystore.com and imrbatteries.com. All are reliable with good pricing, and I am comfortable none of these vendors use rewraps.

Molicel is lately the favored brand for most vapes.

MDude

be careful when adjusting the wand adapter , my glass just broke.

Luckily it is in the right position and cracked around in a circle so I can still use it.

Last edited:
MDude,

jbm

So this afternoon I’ve put a few bowls through the Tempest and have a pretty solid routine. Wand on the tripod at 610F, insert level with the bottom of the Wand opening. I stand the Tempest in the wand. I let it run on auto until the light stops blinking, which has been closely correlated with the second click. VI is a hair above second mark. I get a bunch (scientific term) of cloudy hits, to the point where I’m doing MTL for the last few. Flavor is excellent, tasting all kinds of nice herby notes. I’m using it as shipped, helix tube, airport open. Getting nicely brown AVB, vapor is a little warm but very enjoyable. I may mess with it later, but right now it’s too enjoyable to futz with.

Jojofernz

I think this is the answer. Not sure if coil positions could slightly vary in wands.

But I will say just a very small difference in the position of the adapter can make a pretty big difference. I must have pushed mine down a tiny bit as earlier at 555f it was great clouds perfect roast but just now I nearly or slightly combusted so I had to push it up a bit.

Torch I am getting dialed in too but it’s nice being able to watch the indicator using a torch or the wand.

Jojofernz

I have confused myself with the vape today. Or maybe I’m too fast on my back to back bowls?

But oddly I raised the insert so the bottom is closer to the red silicone. And I lowered temp from 570f to 555f. First bowls from cold with it go great. Then I let it cool til indicator is all the way and I get a click. Then go again and combust, happened twice today.

Don’t know if it’s cause the back to back but I used to do back to back 570f and lower. Maybe draw speed? Either way I still am enjoying this thing but I’m finding a little variance with my wand usage right now.

Jojofernz,
  • Wow
Reactions: TedJones

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I have confused myself with the vape today. Or maybe I’m too fast on my back to back bowls?

But oddly I raised the insert so the bottom is closer to the red silicone. And I lowered temp from 570f to 555f. First bowls from cold with it go great. Then I let it cool til indicator is all the way and I get a click. Then go again and combust, happened twice today.

Don’t know if it’s cause the back to back but I used to do back to back 570f and lower. Maybe draw speed? Either way I still am enjoying this thing but I’m finding a little variance with my wand usage right now.

When the VI is back at the starting position and it clicks back it’s still not at room temperature and probably hot to the touch. The indicator starts moving around 100C / 200F

I’d recommend cutting the adapter’s silicone 2 lines shorter and keep an eye on the VI while heating with the Wand if the cap is not completely cooled down yet.

Jojofernz

When the VI is back at the starting position and it clicks back it’s still not at room temperature and probably hot to the touch. The indicator starts moving around 100C / 200F

I’d recommend cutting the adapter’s silicone 2 lines shorter and keep an eye on the VI while heating with the Wand if the cap is not completely cooled down yet.
Thank you good point! I did realize that at my old settings I would pull the tempest out when the blinking stopped on the second bowl, not at timeout and today I did timeout so I think that is the problem!

I am forgetful when high apparently haha. But I did cut the silicone and enjoy watching the VI from time to time but sometimes I like just tossing it in and forgetting it haha but I already clearly forgot my own ritual with it. Not even a week with it though so I’ll get my own habit with it down!

TedJones

Finding it real easy to RDL :evil: with this lil beast without much effort or even feeling it on the inhale. I’ve been lucky so far 🤞
Kind of liking finishing the end of a bowl/pull by letting go of the carb while in direct bypass flow for now. Still gives a bit of restriction vs full open.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Heat sink and DDave Omega mod as WPA
I don't mind that heat sink, been looking for something, Omega yeah?

Etsy, by scruffywoofers, was for the dyna AC but fits the tempest nicely, works a treat as well
Ahh sweet, I should read all the posts before trying to reply.

Anywhere between the marked range is good, I'm in the middle which is where it's about level with the red silicone on the bottom.

IMG_0441.jpg
Is that the "dead" zone between the top of the bowl and the ball screen? just curious

It seems when one goes too deep that it's heating the stem more and the stem gets hotter faster. And the batteries may drain faster. Maybe it just seems that way but...
I have noticed if I go too deep it can heat the bowl and in turn reduce the heat sink between the heat matrix and stem so it definitely feels hotter

Jojofernz

Thank you good point! I did realize that at my old settings I would pull the tempest out when the blinking stopped on the second bowl, not at timeout and today I did timeout so I think that is the problem!

I am forgetful when high apparently haha. But I did cut the silicone and enjoy watching the VI from time to time but sometimes I like just tossing it in and forgetting it haha but I already clearly forgot my own ritual with it. Not even a week with it though so I’ll get my own habit with it down!
I have since been able to do back to back, no combustion still at 555f. I have to pull when it stops blinking. Alternatively I can watch the VI but this is my lazy way.

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
@Brenyo hey yo! 😁 how are ya? Sorry to be annoying & impatient 🤣 (guilty!! Hahaha) and I did search & couldn't find but will there be another presale soon? I recall seeing somewhere recently maybe 10th December?! Maybe Ive gone insane with VAS?! Both options are quite possible 🤣

BlazeyMcBlazeFace,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have since been able to do back to back, no combustion still at 555f. I have to pull when it stops blinking. Alternatively I can watch the VI but this is my lazy way.
So you pull out when it stops blinking when reheating @ 555f (290c)?
Is that hot swapping and reloading while the VI is still active / the cap is to hot to touch?
How many bowls would you do in a row? more than 2?

I might have had the adapter in to deep at the time but I failed with hot-swapping like that at 575f(300c)... by that I mean as soon as the vapour stopped I would (and in my case the VI hasn't come all the way down) I would empty, straw refill, throw the cap back on and put it back in the wand until the blinking stopped at 300c(575f) but after a few times (4 bowl maybe) I would combust (or at least just scorch the top layer of herbs). I am going to try again (now) after fixing the adapter and having just done a clean...

@Slizzle84 I have a beta test and I am still on here every day curious about the next update and the release so VAS or not, I don't blame you for asking :) I am really looking forwards to the release version (and case and accessories and the WPA... I will stop as the VAS is talking now) :)

Last night when I was counting the reheats from a full charge of the MP28a batteries... I literally forgot what I was doing close to the end of the experiment..

VapingYogi,

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
@Slizzle84 I have a beta test and I am still on here every day curious about the next update and the release so VAS or not, I don't blame you for asking :) I am really looking forwards to the release version (and case and accessories and the WPA... I will stop as the VAS is talking now) :)
Ohhhh I’m so jelly! Hahaha 🤣 I bet! I would be too! True VAS is never ever satisfied! 🪦😆 ohhh I want one SO BAD! I stalk the website & here more than daily!

Dear Father Vapemas, please send me a tempest I have behaved as much as humanly possible, kinda. Hahahaha 🤣

Top Bottom