The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

The videos Brenyo have posted include heating the Tempest up via the Wand. Seemed like it took 30-45 seconds iirc but will hold the heat much longer so only one or two cycles is needed. To me it seems a wash overall for total heat time to clear a bowl but definitely just an opinion at this point!

I just picked up a wand the last couple of weeks for <$100 shipped on a deal posted in previous pages of this thread and love it so far. It's not the prettiest, but it's also not the ugliest and does a great job imo... time will ultimately tell how well it works for the Tempest.
I find IH heat up times to be a moot point. No current vape allows back to back heat cycles in quick succession with a IH while having a single clue what temp your second cycle will be.

So most people must be doing single heat extractions with these vapes (Anvil, Dani etc) at which point is 45 seconds a big deal? That's faster than any other vape on the planet to heat up and fully extract a bowl that size. My B0 needs 10 minute heat up. Then a 30-40s bowl pre heat. And even then it will require two hits with stirring in between. Don't get me started on portable session vapes.

At least with Tempest you could IH heat your first bowl, then rapidly reload, and quickly bring back up to temp with a torch using the visual indicator. That way you could chain hits back to back in absolute rapidity.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I find IH heat up times to be a moot point. No current vape allows back to back heat cycles in quick succession with a IH while having a single clue what temp your second cycle will be.
I hear you what you're saying, but I have to also suggest that if I'm using a normal vapcap, and I continue to hit it until I get the cool down click, I can stick it back in my IH and reheat it to the click for the second cycle. I don't need to know the actual temperature, I just need to hear the click.

RedZep

I hear you what you're saying, but I have to also suggest that if I'm using a normal vapcap, and I continue to hit it until I get the cool down click, I can stick it back in my IH and reheat it to the click for the second cycle. I don't need to know the actual temperature, I just need to hear the click.
Ahh good point. In that case I still don't think heat up time is a big deal, as subsequent heat cycles will be quicker.

So the initial 45sec heat up is like a primer. I can't imagine ever not having the patience for that.

RedZep,
Reactions: cybrguy

ondemander

Ahh good point. In that case I still don't think heat up time is a big deal, as subsequent heat cycles will be quicker.

So the initial 45sec heat up is like a primer. I can't imagine ever not having the patience for that
Hi there, ondemander here. I got rid of my Bakx because it took about 45 seconds to get to vape temp. I'll still get the Tempest knowing that it's a session vape, not on demand.

ondemander,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

So the initial 45sec heat up is like a primer. I can't imagine ever not having the patience for that.
To be clear, I don't disagree with you on the heat up time. It isn't a huge concern for me either. It also looks from the videos that a single heating may be plenty for the Tempest for my use with it's larger bowl. I rarely take more than two or three hits at a time. It might matter if I am sharing it with another user, though most of the time when I've had more than one person hitting VapCaps each individual has had their own.

cybrguy,
Reactions: RedZep

TankeyPankey

@Brenyo I just wanted to say that you're the man! I just got a shipping notification for something awesome and I cant wait!!! THANK YOU!!!
If that's the prototype, then that's super exciting. I don't know if Brenyo's going to ask you not to release anything about it or not, but if he's cool with it, then that means you have to release a video about it ok?

TankeyPankey

If I'm looking to make a DIY induction heater for this, does anyone know which size glass adapter to get for cap?

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: lluther

lluther

i don't find the Wand a very attractive device, considering the reports i read about how long it takes to heat up, for example, a Dani Fusion.
Still torn between a Koilboi or VapOven until the Sense (or whatever it will be called) is available.
Yea, I know exactly what you mean. Plus I'm not a fan of the design of the wand. I picked up the YLL 2.0 hoping it would work with the Tempest, but thats not really certain as far as I know. So, interested in what other options might be available that will work with it other than the wand. I'm really hoping they manage to get it working with the YLL 2.0 somehow though.

lluther,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I picked up the YLL 2.0 hoping it would work with the Tempest, but thats not really certain as far as I know.
It won't work unfortunately. It's possible that there will be another version for the Tempest and Anvil.
The VHB 3D with the bigger glass also works great, but it's not very convenient to hold the button for 30 seconds.

RedZep

Just a little teaser for you all. I had a test unit delivered today. I'll be testing it all night, and I've been using it most the day. I'm writing down my thoughts and will post a detailed rundown of my experience most likely tomorrow. I'll make some videos as well. I just want to say that I think this thing is special. It's outperformed some of my expectations in surprising ways.

lluther

Just a little teaser for you all. I had a test unit delivered today. I'll be testing it all night, and I've been using it most the day. I'm writing down my thoughts and will post a detailed rundown of my experience most likely tomorrow. I'll make some videos as well. I just want to say that I think this thing is special. It's outperformed some of my expectations in surprising ways.

Nice, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

lluther,
Reactions: RedZep

MDude

Nice, really looking forward to receiving mine and blasting myself into space! 🙃

Hopefully soon we will all be getting it...

RedZep

I'll start off the super lame questions, but do you mind measuring the outside diameter of the cap? I'm making an IH that is designed to fit it and I'm trying to make sure I get the right size.
I just measured it at exactly 40mm circumference. Maybe wait for Brenyo to confirm with a thumbs up.

RedZep

I'll start off the super lame questions, but do you mind measuring the outside diameter of the cap? I'm making an IH that is designed to fit it and I'm trying to make sure I get the right size.
Just realized I gave you circumference not diametre. In my defense I've had 5 Tempest bowls today and I'm feeling altered to put it mildly.

Sass Jeeves

Went through a bit of this IH rigamarole for the Fusion, which also has a 14mm cap.

If you have trouble finding or sourcing a glass chamber to fit, look for glass guitar slides. The Fusion fits beautifully in the Small size slide from D'Addario, so Tempest should too presumably.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Nice that I can use my VHB for the Tempest. Might grab a wand nevertheless
Anyone know if the VHB 3D 3S (portable version) will work? I was told the ID of the coil (have to remove the glass insert) was 14mm exactly. Wondering if it'll be too tight for the Tempest?

TigoleBitties,

Brenyo

Manufacturer

ondemander

Skullcandy makes the XL insert now that fits the Anvil and Dani. I'm guessing this will work with the Tempest also.

ondemander,
Reactions: Nebelmann
Top Bottom