The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
but the forge is bigger than the wand and I expect it to be expensive (300-400$). It can be powerful but the tempest needs more time, even if a ih habe more power than the wand. (If it can heat faster the anvil is because vestratto made a new tip for it…or it seems like that)
yeah there is a new oven that they are releasing the forge that's thicker and has longer heat retention, whatever it is, it isn't the point it was more just that it was something that's out in the wilderness at the moment and will show if there is a market for that sort of thing. The wand is doing the job really well with the Tempest (with all the click discs and visual temp indicator I would probably want to use a torch some times for the ritual but for now, the wand is the way).

We know where some of these delays are coming from now....:D
Says the person testing his Tempest during lunch while working :p

I have to travel somewhere for the first time since getting the Tempest - and for the first time since I stopped smoking (its been 18 months since I have really gone anywhere) so I am really curious how the next few days is going to go, finding something to use as a travel case for all the things (wand, tempest, reload, herbs etc) is proving to be difficult because its been so long I havent' planned for it.

Thankfully I have 3 sets of batteries and based on Brenyos science I should have at least 45 heats to get me to my location, which should just be enough to get me to Sydney.

Wouldn’t the wand be better outside? I at least personally have better experience with it over torches outside. Torch outside I have to find the right light to actually see it, and if there is wind, makes my torch heating unreliable. This is at least my experience with wand vs torch in Dynavaps and would assume the same for tempest.
The wand works great for outside with the Tempest (never used anything but a torch for a dynavap even outside)

shadymilkman

I think device infrastructure for operating is a meaningful but something not directly discussed when comparing devices. I know it depends on primary use case but I see myself using a torch v the wand.. six/half dozen

Last edited:

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Been lurking for awhile but really excited my beta Tempest is coming today!
Has anyone had luck printing the tempest instructions out. I cant get the full page to show no matter what I do.
Thanks
Here’s a jpeg version. Let me know if it lets you print it full page. I figured out how to make the pdf smaller too but I think this will work.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Been lurking for awhile but really excited my beta Tempest is coming today!
Has anyone had luck printing the tempest instructions out. I cant get the full page to show no matter what I do.
Thanks
You could try to print This version, but it’s still unfinished. I’ll probably make a .pdf version that’s easy to print, it won’t fit on the box as originally planned.

Peacefrog78

You could try to print This version, but it’s still unfinished. I’ll probably make a .pdf version that’s easy to print, it won’t fit on the box as originally planned.
That will work for me, thank you. A full pdf would be great, but i will familiarize myself with it quickly im sure. Excited to test it later today, and maybe anodize tonight.
Many Thanks

Peacefrog78,
Reactions: Smknbud

Beansuppa

My Tempest has officially landed!

I plan to let it soak in IPA while I'm working to get any residue off, and had a quick question about maintenance. Dynavap recommends you not soak their caps in alcohol as liquid can seep into the click disk area...I assume this doesn't apply to the Tempest as the cap is fairly open and the disks can dry easily, correct?

edit: Just fully read the manual image, and it recommends soaking everything cap included. Disregard this!

Last edited:

mcscruffy

Wouldn’t the wand be better outside? I at least personally have better experience with it over torches outside. Torch outside I have to find the right light to actually see it, and if there is wind, makes my torch heating unreliable. This is at least my experience with wand vs torch in Dynavaps and would assume the same for tempest.
It is the only way I heat the Tempest outside. I'm only outside at night and with the bottom two rings cut off the silicone insert it allows you to easily see the VI on subsequent heat cycles with the flashing light from the wand. It's also usually pretty windy where I am (~15mph winds avg) and it's so much easier to heat with the wand than a torch with the design acting as a handle. I only wish it had a flattened section in the middle of the back so it could lay on a table without wobbling if im not holding it.

Hi there! Been lurking like others and decided to join.

I’m also waiting for my Tempest Test kit to come in, I’m in Ohio. Using the DPD tracking is very slow…been using the Parcelsapp, which is soooo all over the place I had to email @Brenyo.

Made it to my city and zip code saying, out for delivery. Then delivery failed with a zip code number 1 digit off from mine. Next, return to sender. Then, delivery attempt (wrong zip code again by 1 number again). Now being processed by the same wrong zip code. All of these keep changing (spain, usps, switzerland).

Do you think this is just normal? It was just so close- OUT FOR DELIVERY, Right here in my zip and city-

I double checked I gave MadHeaters correct shipping address. I’m nervous it will be sent all the way back. I’m jealous of all of you. I’ll be ok. I’m gonna go hit a dynavap.

One day I’ll get it, one day

Fox

Hi there! Been lurking like others and decided to join.

I’m also waiting for my Tempest Test kit to come in, I’m in Ohio. Using the DPD tracking is very slow…been using the Parcelsapp, which is soooo all over the place I had to email @Brenyo.

Made it to my city and zip code saying, out for delivery. Then delivery failed with a zip code number 1 digit off from mine. Next, return to sender. Then, delivery attempt (wrong zip code again by 1 number again). Now being processed by the same wrong zip code. All of these keep changing (spain, usps, switzerland).

Do you think this is just normal? It was just so close- OUT FOR DELIVERY, Right here in my zip and city-

I double checked I gave MadHeaters correct shipping address. I’m nervous it will be sent all the way back. I’m jealous of all of you. I’ll be ok. I’m gonna go hit a dynavap.

One day I’ll get it, one day
Just a thought... Can you inform the shipping company about the situation over the phone?

Fox,
Tried DPD but obviously it’s International phone number and I believe they’re closed currently.

Sorry to derail this great thread- lots of wonderful info in here, very exciting.

You seem like a great bunch!

Fox

Great thought thanks! Who should I contact, DPD?
If DPD is the company in charge, I wouldn't call DHL... Directory enquiries will certainly have the number you need to reach the regional company. Good luck!

Tried DPD but obviously it’s International phone number and I believe they’re closed currently.

Sorry to derail this great thread- lots of wonderful info in here, very exciting.

I think that's ok! Ask me why the issues are handled so strictly. We are there for each other, that's the main thing and completely human.

Great thought thanks! Who should I contact, DPD?
On the website at DPD there is a chat to write.

Fox,

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker

If you put your DPD tracking number into this tracking site: https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking
It will show the USPS tracking number on the right side of the page. Then you can track it on USPS site, and also call usps with the new tracking number to get them to hold it at your post office.

RedeyeDezign,
If you put your DPD tracking number into this tracking site: https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking
It will show the USPS tracking number on the right side of the page. Then you can track it on USPS site, and also call usps with the new tracking number to get them to hold it at your post office.
I have been using this to track. On the right I only see the symbols for service providers, no tracking numbers, and nothing is clickable. Appreciate you though!

chrisnotes,

Peacefrog78

Well, first try did not go well. Combusted the absolute bajesus out of it. I heard some sizzling so I'm thinking there was a some water left in there and I think it threw everything off.

Anyone mind sharing the wand settings that work for them? I way overshot it
Im using around 280-295c until i get the hang if it

Peacefrog78,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve gone as low as 535 on the wand, currently running 555-565.

Timps27,
Top Bottom