The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

Do you take o-rings off? Or just leave them as is?
Nah leave them on, saves a bit of hassle
I'm not sure why so many people are using IPA.
It's a more common product. Haven't found any difference between them myself.
As long as they're both properly rinsed, it makes no difference.
Local shops to me also only sell acetone in small bottles at the bit with nail polish etc...
Iso is usually found in the general homeware section of the shops, in much bigger bottles so it works out cheaper.

HaggisHunter,

PossumMD

Acetone is the best solvent for the job and probably less toxic than IPA. I'm not sure why so many people are using IPA.
Way less toxic. You have acetone in you right now as it's part of normal metabolic stuff. Dose does determine the poison, but you need a shitload to kill ya, and going by the msds, absorption by inhalation is low.

rebelFarmer

I soak mine in vodka, eventually I get a nice tincture out of it.

I also clean my shit a lot less than most here, so if any new guys are like that.. don't stress too much, it's grand.

Got another ordered; will be curious to see how brand new performs v old and unclean (especially for the balls, which I never remove unless I am experimenting with others). I will throw a new screen in both just cos my current is rouggghhh!

HaggisHunter

will throw a new screen in both just cos my current is rouggghhh!
I need screens for mine too, battered the hell out of it since November, but managed to treat the original 5 screens so carefully that I'm still on my last. It's still holding up, just another few days to go till the new ones arrive haha

M0j02019

Acetone is the best solvent for the job and probably less toxic than IPA. I'm not sure why so many people are using IPA.
I was under the impression that acetone destroys o-rings and as someone who never takes em off when cleaning would not be appropriate for me.

M0j02019,

Datoneguy

I don't have the vape yet but have had a few interactions with the CS and they have been very helpful and responsive. Honestly quite refreshing to see because there are some great vapes out there with less than stellar CS. Just wanted to note this here because it's been pleasantly surprising and isn't something I necessarily expect from vape companies at this point. Such an underrated aspect of any product tbh.

RedZep

I don't have the vape yet but have had a few interactions with the CS and they have been very helpful and responsive. Honestly quite refreshing to see because there are some great vapes out there with less than stellar CS. Just wanted to note this here because it's been pleasantly surprising and isn't something I necessarily expect from vape companies at this point. Such an underrated aspect of any product tbh.
Brenyo's CS seems to be an epic effort. Seems to really care. From all accounts it's been that way since his earliest products. At this rate his company might grow to the point he needs help with it one day.

cubsrule17

good to know, thanks..!

Appears leaving tip in ISO for a very extended period (even a week) is just fine as long as it is fully submerged.. but leaving to air dry (tip+indicator) after iso soak+hot water rinsing maybe not so fine.. Don't want water/moisture sitting on the coily indicator parts for a week. I imagine chance of rusting possible if left damp in the air (maybe even some gross things might grow on your balls, lol) Seems safer to heat up tip right after rinsing the iso off to boil off any remaining water/moisture from balls and indicator parts 😀 the rest of stem parts just paper towel dry..done.incan i put the tip on the wand to burn off excess moisture?

can you put the tip in the wand to burn off excess moisture?

cubsrule17,

RedZep

Should be fine. Shake excess moisture off first. Then close the airflow on the tip. If any water drips out it will just land on the bottom of the glass wand insert, and can just be swapped up afterwards. You could also hold the Tempest upright, with the wand above, to avoid drips.

EDIT- Do at your own risk, it is still water and electronics together. I prefer to use a torch for this task.

n0tu2

Good question.. I don't have the tempest yet but it looks like the wand adapter is all glass (sealed on bottom) I would assume any water vapor would rise upwards and out just like a puff of regular vapor leaks sometimes during heat up, if you push it..

Maybe others can give a for sure answer...

CBD

We were so assured there would be enough units, and yet they're sold out of stainless steel.

:(

CBD,
  • Sad
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
FREE color upgrade for silver / raw primary color Tempest kits
Only for the orders from the UK website.

For the next 48 hours, you can change your titanium (silver) primary color Tempest kit to any other non-silver primary and heatshield color at no extra cost. The wood kits can only be changed to black.

If you’re happy with another color, it would be a huge help to me, as unfortunately, there was a miscalculation on my part, and I’ve sold more titanium (silver) sets than I currently have.

Please use the “Contact Us” form on the website, select “Change color,” add your order number, and specify the color combination you’d like to change your titanium (silver) Tempest to.

Last edited:

weekeda

FREE color upgrade for silver / raw primary color Tempest kits

For the next 48 hours, you can change your titanium (silver) primary color Tempest kit to any other non-silver primary and heatshield color at no extra cost. The wood kits can only be changed to black.

If you’re happy with another color, it would be a huge help to me, as unfortunately, there was a miscalculation on my part, and I’ve sold more titanium (silver) sets than I currently have.

Please use the “Contact Us” form on the website, select “Change color,” add your order number, and specify the color combination you’d like to change your titanium (silver) Tempest to.
Is this only for the uk shop? I can't find "Change color" in the eu shop.

weekeda,
Top Bottom