Discontinued The Sublimator

Tweek

My thoughts were more along the lines of after heating the glass, anything cold that touches it may cause it to crack. Ground glass joints crack pretty easily sometimes.

I suppose...but any decent brand of glass and some care on the part of the user mitigates that in most cases. Before vaporizers, people were hitting bowls with torches/lighters. I see what you mean, but I do believe the risk is low. Of course, it is up to you at the end of the day :tup:

Edit: Just turned mine on and will measure the temp of the glass in a little bit for ya. By the way...how hot does a cloud get in comparison? From what I recall, people had to put rubber bands on their units for extra insulation? My Volcano gets pretty hot if on high. So does the SSV around the glass heater cover.

Tweek,
Reactions: satyrday

Timothy

Yeah, it's getting me by, but I need to shop for a bigger more stable bub. The small volume is nice for small loads like the last one I reported on though since it helps to concentrate the vapor. If someone can recommend a wide stable bubbler with a smaller than usual volume please let me know (diffusion properties don't matter as I plan on continuing to use it dry).

I bought a small bubbler from glass blowers direct which wasn't too bad, they do have a bunch of designs on their website but you can customize them with a lower volume or wider base for instance. They are really inexpensive but don't expect the same quality as something like mobious or sovereignty glass.

EDIT: **I noticed many were looking for a way to harvest the oil with the "Adapt A Bong Sumlimator Kit" and I was thinking that maybe all you need is a Custom Domnstem that which is sealed at the bottom with diffusion holes or cuts further up from the bottom, this would work if you were using it dry, you would just need something long to reach in to scrape out the pooled oil.

Darb

Elb's vs atomizer.
The atomizer just needs a poke to free up the herb and a dump on the table.
Doesn't seem like it would need to be cleaned very much if at all.
I can empty and reload the atomizer in seconds.

Elb's also only take a few seconds to load as well.
Takes a bit to brush out the old herb though.
I like to clean my elb's every second day minimum.

Tweek

Just to recap for new users, you should let the apollo and atomizer warm up together for at least a good 20 minutes the first time you turn it on. It makes a big difference. If you've taken the apollo off the atomizer for a while, let it warm up again before popping your herb in. Usually warms up alot quicker once it's going. No more than 5 min max I found, as long as it hasn't cooled too much.

John Lewus

Elb's vs atomizer.
The atomizer just needs a poke to free up the herb and a dump on the table.
Doesn't seem like it would need to be cleaned very much if at all.
I can empty and reload the atomizer in seconds.

Elb's also only take a few seconds to load as well.
Takes a bit to brush out the old herb though.
I like to clean my elb's every second day minimum.

Yeah that is what I have gathered as well. The ELBs seem to win in this case for me. I am eager to see more reviews against the cloud but I think for my use case the cloud has the edge. However, if there is a big difference in extraction/taste/smoothness then I will have to do some reconsideration.

Tweek

Yeah that is what I have gathered as well. The ELBs seem to win in this case for me. I am eager to see more reviews against the cloud but I think for my use case the cloud has the edge. However, if there is a big difference in extraction/taste/smoothness then I will have to do some reconsideration.

This is just my personal experience so far, but I have had zero tightness in my chest or mucus since using the sublimator...dry to boot. Volcano dry, would have me hacking a lung for days. Even with water, it was hard on my lungs I found (I use high temps) I really do think that atomizer makes a difference for sure.

Whether it adds something different for those who already own a cloud, I can't say as I don't own a cloud :D

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Had two sessions today. I am about to have a third. They were smaller sessions less then .2 grams if I had to guess. I do like that I can completely exhaust a bowl in a single hit. Only a few units I have tried can do that. The high I experience is not much different then the competition. Today I feel like it is giving me a energetic feeling form my normally sedative medicine. I probably need to turn the dial up a tiny bit, but I am close to combustion.

The first day was interesting. I combusted 3 times total, but after awhile I seem to be getting a better handle on the temperature levels. I went thought more medicine then I normally do for testing reasons. Today I am just trying to use it like I would a daily driver to see how it works.

If we are not supposed to heat the atomizer/heater together on the stand, and the teflon expands/sticks when it heats up from cold inside a GonG joint. What are we supposed to do while the atomizer is heating up? I have been holding both for a few minutes while the teflon heats up. Maybe a glass plate/dish and lay them down sideways? Any suggestions?

Timothy

Just to recap for new users, you should let the apollo and atomizer warm up together for at least a good 20 minutes the first time you turn it on. It makes a big difference. If you've taken the apollo off the atomizer for a while, let it warm up again before popping your herb in. Usually warms up alot quicker once it's going. No more than 5 min max I found, as long as it hasn't cooled too much.

I used to do something similar with my first vape (MytleZap), before taking a hit I would load the stem and leave it in for 10+ min and I would produce a much thicker draw. You get the benefits of conduction and convection.

Jazzah

If we are not supposed to heat the atomizer/heater together on the stand, and the teflon expands/sticks when it heats up from cold inside a GonG joint. What are we supposed to do while the atomizer is heating up? I have been holding both for a few minutes while the teflon heats up. Maybe a glass plate/dish and lay them down sideways? Any suggestions?

I received my unit today, let it 'burn in' for quite the extensive period. I've vaped some non-intoxicating herbs through it (since my current situation doesn't allow me to get high, YET). It seems to me like its perfectly stable (and I know Enrico does not recommend this) when you put the atomizer in the stand (put it in the hole up to the handle) and rest the handle about 30° to the left on whatever surface your stand is on. Then put the apollo in it, and rest it's handle about 30° - 40° to the right, making both handles form a triangle. When I do this the setup seems to be stable as far as hitting, knocking the desk goes. Ofcourse it will tip backward when you actually hit either the apolle or the atomizer. In my case 18,8 apollo, even when on max temperature the joint is barely sealing of the entire joint, so I reckon I could just as wel let it warm up in the bong (that was after and hour on max temp.) But then theres wires attached to glass -> more stuff to break when accidently tripping or something. I plan on just taking a slice of thick oak branch and making a stand out of that. Will post picture together with picture of setup after exams. Bless

John Lewus

I can fill my lungs completely without any urge to cough using the Sublimator.
Surprises me every time.
Smoother than anything else I own or have tried.
I have super sensitive lungs and cough with any vaporizer when I have a thick cloud. With the cloud I have to quit filling my lungs at about fifty percent capacity and breathe in regular air to not cough. I get that tickle in my throat. I thought The THC caused the tickle so how can the sublimator avoid that? The only way to avoid that tickle for me is to make sure I breathe in less concentrated hitz. Do other things besides THC make people cough that the sublimator somehow avoids?

John Lewus,
Reactions: t-dub

Tweek

You will probably still feel the THC tickle, that is normal. The vapor itself is turned into a mist in a sense, which makes it gentler and easier on the lungs to absorb. You can also experience irritation from plant particles, etc, not just THC.

Tweek,

Darb

I have super sensitive lungs and cough with any vaporizer when I have a thick cloud. With the cloud I have to quit filling my lungs at about fifty percent capacity and breathe in regular air to not cough. I get that tickle in my throat. I thought The THC caused the tickle so how can the sublimator avoid that? The only way to avoid that tickle for me is to make sure I breathe in less concentrated hitz. Do other things besides THC make people cough that the sublimator somehow avoids?
I don't know the answer to your question but I can take bigger hits than with the Cloud.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm in the same boat as you JL. My bronch's and lungs are toast and have a difficult time inhaling anything let alone vapor unless I pull it through a glass set up & warm water.

I certainly hope what I'm hearing to be valid in my case, because nothing ruins my partaking enjoyment coughing my brains out to the point I can't figure my stone to be from the good shit or the lack of oxygen.

Tweek

I'm in the same boat as you JL. My bronch's and lungs are toast and have a difficult time inhaling anything let alone vapor unless I pull it through a glass set up & warm water.

I certainly hope what I'm hearing to be valid in my case, because nothing ruins my partaking enjoyment coughing my brains out to the point I can't figure my stone to be from the good shit or the lack of oxygen.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, Smokum...my lungs were getting to the point where I might as well of been smoking. I was wheezing after hits off my volcano...so far so good with the sub. Will let you all know more for sure once I get buddered this weekend.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, Smokum...my lungs were getting to the point where I might as well of been smoking. I was wheezing after hits off my volcano...so far so good with the sub. Will let you all know more for sure once I get buddered this weekend.

You'd laugh at my puny dabs :lol: I take to not white out with coughing. 24/7 allergies to just about everything it seems as I age, and years of torturing my lungs with smoking the stinkies sure don't help.

Although most are saying they're doing great with dry hits, I don't have any false hope to be moving away from pulling it through water in my case (even though you know damn well I'm gonna have to at least try it ONCE, twice if I'm in a masochistic mood ;) ).

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

John Lewus

I've noticed that every once on awhile after an all day cloud session with dry dry herb at high temp settings my throat can feel slightly flemmy... Not sure if that is a real word.

From a scientific standpoint I am trying to understand what causes the tickle and what about the sublimator design reduces that. Even a solo which seems to operate similarly to the sub in the sense it is part convection and part conduction it still tickles me to cough. I just watched a video a few pages back here where a guy coughed after the sublimator and he looked like a pro so I guess this can't be completely prevented.

John Lewus,

Tweek

I've noticed that every once on awhile after an all day cloud session with dry dry herb at high temp settings my throat can feel slightly flemmy... Not sure if that is a real word.

From a scientific standpoint I am trying to understand what causes the tickle and what about the sublimator design reduces that. Even a solo which seems to operate similarly to the sub in the sense it is part convection and part conduction it still tickles me to cough. I just watched a video a few pages back here where a guy coughed after the sublimator and he looked like a pro so I guess this can't be completely prevented.

It's all in the quality of the cough ;) If you are hacking and wheezing like you have asthma, then you are probably sensitive to the plant particles, and water is a good idea no matter the vape you use. If it's a case of taking too much in the lungs, or dryness of vapor, the sublimator takes care of alot of that through the atomizer. You can tell by the quality of the vapor, that it is more of a mist...and that makes it more air like and natural to the lungs.

Top Bottom