Discontinued The Sublimator

green2brown

could you try with a little under .2 try with a little less 1.5 , even .1 .3 is way too much for eanything to happen .2 max by the way thank u for your revue,
let us know.

Why .2 max, out of curiosity, if it seems capable of doing more than .2 in the same number of hits?

satyrday

I will be adjusting my grind as well. Usually I use a coarser grind, but will try finer. Also, I'll only jump to .2g per Enrico's and Tweek's recommendation.

satyrday

Slipped in a different experiment. I turned the Sub on max and let it heat up in the bubbler (no water) for about an hour. Made a mixture of 1/3 old faithful, 1/3 secret herb A, and 1/3 secret herb B - all leaf & flower material weighing total probably only .03g. Smallest amount yet.

As soon as the material hit the atomizer it started smoking so I quickly capped it with the Apollo. It immediately filled the Mini bubbler with thick vapor and I inhaled it deeply - very smooth even when this darkly toasted, and no coughing. A very effective head change. By far the best hit yet and with the smallest amount of material (though a much different blend than before). The abv is very dark but not quite black or ashen like with full-on combustion.

There is a creaminess to this vapor - very unique. I think it made a big difference really letting the atomizer heat up thoroughly. Next time I won't put it quite on max, but I think you want it hot enough to see visible vapor pouring out quickly. Before it was thin and I had to suck it out repeatedly. This time it flowed on its own. I's getting the hang of it.

Probably didn't need to let it heat up the full hour. Part of the difference may be that I let it heat up in the bubbler whereas before I was heating up the Apollo and atomizer on the stand. I think having it in the bubbler allows it to heat up more thoroughly since the bubbler helps insulate it. Will knock it back down to 20-30 minutes next time now that I see some of the benefits of heating in the bubbler. The main problem with a longer heat up time is that I don't yet trust leaving it alone when heating up - maybe never will - and babysitting it can be inconvenient.

Decided Enrico's my buddy. I love his accent again. But the instructions need to be clearer and more thorough I feel.

Jazzah

Just wondering, is there gonna be a separate thread for the contest entries or should we just post videos here. Also, is there like a time window established yet ? I've pretty much figured out what I want to do, but I still need to get some props and I can't really get to filming anything before the 26th (last exam). Enjoy subbers, I'll be joining you in 9 days.

edit: WOOHOOOOO unit arrived. Now the real test begins, don't smoke before you finish you exams ...

mod note: contests are always run in the contests section- never in a vape thread.

Darb

What position on the dial are you guys using?
It's very easy to combust.

This thing is awesome for BHO.
I almost bought the E-Nailiator/Apollo package but the Apollo is perfect for dabs.

Darb,
Reactions: Tweek

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm at about the same spot as Tweek ... turn all the way up ... then sit your nail at the end (for positioning) and wheel back 3/4 turn (give or take).

I've added markings with liquid paper so it's easier to set now ... after it's been on for an hour or so I like to turn it down ever so slightly as well (1/8" on the dial down) as it takes a while to really get everything to full temp and this can be sped up by increasing the temperature at first.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi Enrico, I know you recommend not letting it heat in the stand ... but its more dangerous heating in my little bubbler (more likely to tip over).

We could definitely use a more stable stand for heating in ... :) (and the moon tool ... that concentrate coming out of it looks excellent but I don't have the best tools to collect it :) ... I tried some last night and it definitely has some nice kick!)

JCat,

Tweek

you can put what you want in it !!!always depend on your temp

Enrico, can the material fill the bowl up just below the Apollo or does it always have to rest inside the narrow section of the funnel?

Tweek,

Enrico

Manufacturer
Hi Enrico, I know you recommend not letting it heat in the stand ... but its more dangerous heating in my little bubbler (more likely to tip over).

We could definitely use a more stable stand for heating in ... :) (and the moon tool ... that concentrate coming out of it looks excellent but I don't have the best tools to collect it :) ... I tried some last night and it definitely has some nice kick!)
it made for a bong not a tiny bubbler if your sublimator does not stand steady in your bong... get another rig .this is almost a half pound of radiating metal ...you need a safe rig to operate it in "4inch base )donot heat it up on the stand please

Enrico, can the material fill the bowl up just below the Apollo or does it always have to rest inside the narrow section of the funnel?
less is always best

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Enrico, you crack me up and I love it:love:. The sub is not a good thing for me so I am offering help in judging the video contest if you want. I can't wait to see how everyone imitates you.

Paka, I was surprised that you actually got one. Are you still alive?:ko:

I am, but I haven't been sublimated yet. As Tweek said, I'm waiting for my lab partner. He'll be over Friday night with his bong.

As a device that needs a water too and one that delivers big clouds, this is not my normal style of vapourizer at all. I am willing, however, sacrifice myself (and my lab partner) in the name of science and the advancement of vapourizing technology. I'm noble like that.

JCat

Accessory Maker
it made fot a bong not a tiny bubbler if your sublimator does not stand steady in your bong... get another rig .this is almost a half pound of radiating metal ...you need a safe rig to operate it in "4inch base )donot heat it up on the stand please
I'm waiting for the PV bubbler that should meet the requirements I believe ... (based on my discussions with PV) ... hopefully this week as I'm getting antsy! (also looking forward to the reclaimer to go with it :))

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I was hoping to join you guys sooner than later, but I'm still in shipping limbo over here, hoping to see mine come in at least before we go weekend festivaling, looks like I still have to wait another day or two. It's getting exciting in here with all the new units popping up. I'm glad to see so many folks enjoying the Sub so far, it's just fueling my anticipation even further. My real fun w/ getting to know the Sub might have to wait till we get back, as this fest won't be one of those places that I could take the Sub along with, we will be camping in a field for 3 days with no power.

As far as glass size is concerned, I think the lil'mona (lev) I'm also waiting for should handle the Sub beautifully, it's a similar design to a mobius 65b, and the GBD FC showerhead bub I have seems to have enough size and girth behind it to handle the load as well, heavy thick glass, wide base. I plan to use the Cloud buddy along with while we wait for the sublimate oil catcher to be made at PV.

:cheers: we can wait together Pak! It must be even harder for you, having it right there. I'd be going nuts trying to rig something up to use it with. :lol: come on, now, building bongs is second nature to a pothead!! LOL I'm sure it will be more fun with a friend along for the ride though. Kudos for being able to hold out.

Tweek

Wonder if Paka can attach a tube to the end of the atomizer? Almost like doing a beer bong :D

images

**I do not condone this dangerous action**:haw:

Tweek,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Top Bottom