The "Stunner"

SonicBacon

This post needs more photos of the Stunner.

I picked mine up in Canada from @Grover at Soothing Vapours, where I always get treated like a star.

I really like the look of the carbon fibre stem, but I highly recommend a mouthpiece as the CF is not very mouth friendly. I am using a Dani mp here, and will probably look at adding an intercooler next.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I can't wait to have progress to show y'all but I'm sure @tinctorus will be the first to keep everyone posted...
I must say that my high-flow unit kicks ass!
So I've seen this "high-flow" designation mentioned a couple of times here. Am I missing something?

I have a shorty carbon fiber it's 3mm shorter than the fusion short wood ... I use from time to time high airflow ruby cap shorty and the man with the hat hanging out with me tonight
20230610-193100.jpg

20230610-193120.jpg

20230610-193130.jpg
Is this the high-flow ruby cap in the pictures? Where'd this come from 🤔?

Last edited:

2pumpchump

I use the intercoolers from my wood Dani stems in my carbon stems at home, it's the metal stem one different?
In case it's not cleared up I can't say for the v2 but yes the v3 intercooler is close to 10 mm on metal stem
So I've seen this "high-flow" designation mentioned a couple of times here. Am I missing something?

Is this the high-flow ruby cap in the pictures? Where'd this come from 🤔?
Yes this is ruby high airflow Stunner!!!!
And well it came from my mailbox as all of my dry vapes come from. Lol that's true but not the answer you was looking for ...
So I was ordering a ruby cap and was asked if I want to try a high-flow cap and I was like hell yea considering my drill was going to get took to 1 anyway I would rather have the same to compare instead of a vape I have modified to a 2023 Toyota camry nitro funny car . So rolling stock with this 1
Silly? ARE vape ruby's. Ruby's?
20230611-015855.jpg

20230611-020113.jpg

20230611-021706.jpg

20230611-021730.jpg

20230611-021742.jpg

20230611-021845.jpg

20230611-022317.jpg

20230611-022635.jpg

Edit I added pictures to confirm intercooler doesn't fit from metal stem. How ever the fusion intercooler works great with my C_F WPA to make a compact jack of all trades at around 3.8 inches full length stem still preferable to me and because pictures of new optional cap was blurry

Last edited:

2pumpchump

@Necra what are the differences between the high flow and og stunner? Which you prefer more and why?
i wish i had more experience with ball vapes !!! so i could give you a answer to your question sooner about witch 1 i like best !
but for now ill start with what i do know . to start i need to correct myself unless @tinctorus has more up his sleave( THEIR IS NOT A HIGH AIR FLOW STUNER)! IT is just a cap add on option along with the choice to get deferent caps with 3 choices of balls . i be leave i herd it said something about in a YouTube video ... i was actually planed to get the ruby cap to try not from any hype buts my birthstone so figured it be cool just to try . giving they is a complete tread on different balls im guessing they make big part of how it vapes ... so the comparison 2 major changes at once . i will wash and swap balls this evening ...
if my hunch is correct it will be the ZrO2 in the Highflow cap i might be wrong.
but along with the high flow coming with the new flat screen so it can be screw down all the way the balls are moved farther to the tip this allows 3 things to happen with the flow cap 1 of cores flow 2 i can put more bud in without packing to tight 3 it moves the balls farther from the (ALL THAT EXTRA MASS THAT IS GOING TO MAKE IT TO CONDUCTIVE ) not mine but someone else words ..
i will take picks wile i have them apart later
@TigoleBitties how is the stunner doing with IH for you?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
i wish i had more experience with ball vapes !!! so i could give you a answer to your question sooner about witch 1 i like best !
but for now ill start with what i do know . to start i need to correct myself unless @tinctorus has more up his sleave( THEIR IS NOT A HIGH AIR FLOW STUNER)! IT is just a cap add on option along with the choice to get deferent caps with 3 choices of balls . i be leave i herd it said something about in a YouTube video ... i was actually planed to get the ruby cap to try not from any hype buts my birthstone so figured it be cool just to try . giving they is a complete tread on different balls im guessing they make big part of how it vapes ... so the comparison 2 major changes at once . i will wash and swap balls this evening ...
if my hunch is correct it will be the ZrO2 in the Highflow cap i might be wrong.
but along with the high flow coming with the new flat screen so it can be screw down all the way the balls are moved farther to the tip this allows 3 things to happen with the flow cap 1 of cores flow 2 i can put more bud in without packing to tight 3 it moves the balls farther from the (ALL THAT EXTRA MASS THAT IS GOING TO MAKE IT TO CONDUCTIVE ) not mine but someone else words ..
i will take picks wile i have them apart later
@TigoleBitties how is the stunner doing with IH for you?
The Stunner is more than I could have hoped for with the Wand. Especially considering I was told that this version wasn't supposed to be so IH friendly. I find that one heat cycle with the Wand at max temp until it times out (about 45 sec?) is just perfect for nice tasty clouds for about 4 decent hits.

After that, when I feel I need to reheat I just keep puffing on the Stunner while heating with the Wand as needed. Vapman style. It's really quite awesome. I just wish my glass and carbon fiber stems would get here faster bc I wore garden gloves to use it with my Dani metal stem last time. It gets so hot. 😆🔥. Btw thank you for letting me know the Dani metal spiral won't fit!

I also always make sure that my cap isn't screwed on too far. I like having a nice distance between the heat mass and the flower. So far I think it might be the purest convection experience I've ever had in a vape and with the Wand, the heat is so forgiving. I've never even scorched my flower yet and the ABV comes out so nice and even. A nice dark caramel brown.

2pumpchump

Thank you for your impressions, and I realize the screens are am issue and I'm sending out to all customers new flat screens as well as a tougher oring's

The new flat screens will allow you to thread it all the way down with a loaded bowl if you want, I made an assembly video on my YouTube if you need one as well

20230611-230446.jpg

20230611-230429.jpg

20230611-192551.jpg

20230611-192605.jpg

20230611-192619.jpg

So I didn't take as many pictures as promised it being my first time washing and playing with my balls didn't want to be on camera and with 2 sets of balls was even more Awkward lmao ...OK sorry everyone had to get that out my system
But Zr02 and ruby have switched places both caps are set using the flat screens that ads even more of a gap between balls and bowl
..after extincive back to back testing I have came to the conclusion that I'm to medicated to have an opinion ...much less give 1 yet

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Agreed. I'm really seeing the need up close now. I almost dropped the stem it was so hot at the end of the session. I can see now why units like the Anvil and also the newly announced Tempest have a heat shield over the stem that you can presumably hold without getting burned even when the stem is much hotter.

Anyone have recommendations for the best out there now for the stunner? I was thinking of the carbon fiber ones that were announced.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the Camouflet also gets stems very hot. This new class of vape in a dynvap style that stores heat mass in a tip away from the bowl to produce convection also leads to that mass of heat leaving the tip and traveling directly down the stem as the draw is totally unrestricted. The flower can only absorb so much of it. Guessing the TA is the same.
I'm trying to work with a number of stem makers now to make stems to mitigate the heat from the convection heating up the metal stems

Also for anyone who was curious about the high airflow, I sell extra caps filled with any of the 3 materials for $30,i can also open the cap up for a high flow version that works fantastic on glass as well as with hash and twaxing

Here's a review from tabletop bong

Last edited:

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
@Necra what are the differences between the high flow and og stunner? Which you prefer more and why?
The main differences are the air flow and heat retention. the high flow cap HFC really shines on water pipes. It truly is a portable butane ball vape with the HFC and a water rig. You end up re heating more with the HFC due to more air passing through but I can get full extraction on one draw. The OG cap is great for on the go as it holds heat better and the smaller air intake allows for a more measured draw to help with heat as well.

2pumpchump

The main differences are the air flow and heat retention. the high flow cap HFC really shines on water pipes. It truly is a portable butane ball vape with the HFC and a water rig. You end up re heating more with the HFC due to more air passing through but I can get full extraction on one draw. The OG cap is great for on the go as it holds heat better and the smaller air intake allows for a more measured draw to help with heat as well.
as i have had more than a few days with the HFC i will agree on that statement !! but i also took it as a 2 part comparison on the balls as well i find hard to get thick clouds out of the HFC with Zr02 but love the terp hamer it is ! the ruby on the other hand looks like you combust filling my megacell with the water just above the perk over 2 times on 1 heat and was not even roasted yet ... i hear the SIC is even better ... as stated my choice for ruby had nothing to do with performance was a ow thats cool thing ...
cant i like stake and crab legs and not have to eat just 1 all 3 meals every day lol but i will keep posted on other difrancees i notice .
and just because i like it dont mean you will and vice versa although i am considering a jpipe for dry use of the Stunner
Edit @TigoleBitties hay the metal Dani stem is better than if I would have had to use an 8mm
20230614-054626.jpg

Last edited:

2pumpchump

OK so I described the learning curve for the STUNNER as like learning to clutch up a wellies on a motorcycle im going to keep rolling with that for describing different caps excluding sic .. don't worry guys I'll be putting a order in for more balls than I know what to do with shortly !
So the HFC is like lowering the gear ratio it feels more torquey has more pep in step but runs out on the top end .
Ruby VS Zr02 is like putting heavier clutch springs in the Zr02 has a little cushion to it the ruby when it's on it grabs and is extremely snapy but if you shift to soon you going to have to feather that clutch to keep rpm up over the Zr02 witch slips slightly just enough to keep rpm up but is a little spongy and don't just grab as hard .
None of these are good or bad things . Just you VAPE stile and the how you want your VAPE to perform as I stated my choice for ruby was not based on performance or any actual research. But the Zr02 seems to have a easier learning curve and better flavor .. IF you are wanting to change for the harder hitting I would probably go with sic I say pretty because i have not tried yet but hear it slaps !! If you have used ruby and want ruby then go ruby im in no way saying don't because if you like ruby in other vapes then you have a Ida how it's going to act !
Are you like me never tried a ball vapes before then do like me get all 3 as you may find you like 1 for a certain WP or even a certain strain or just a certain mood ....
Ps come on people don't let thread become nothing but my post .

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
OK so I described the learning curve for the STUNNER as like learning to clutch up a wellies on a motorcycle im going to keep rolling with that for describing different caps excluding sic .. don't worry guys I'll be putting a order in for more balls than I know what to do with shortly !
So the HFC is like lowering the gear ratio it feels more torquey has more pep in step but runs out on the top end .
Ruby VS Zr02 is like putting heavier clutch springs in the Zr02 has a little cushion to it the ruby when it's on it grabs and is extremely snapy but if you shift to soon you going to have to feather that clutch to keep rpm up over the Zr02 witch slips slightly just enough to keep rpm up but is a little spongy and don't just grab as hard .
None of these are good or bad things . Just you VAPE stile and the how you want your VAPE to perform as I stated my choice for ruby was not based on performance or any actual research. But the Zr02 seems to have a easier learning curve and better flavor .. IF you are wanting to change for the harder hitting I would probably go with sic I say pretty because i have not tried yet but hear it slaps !! If you have used ruby and want ruby then go ruby im in no way saying don't because if you like ruby in other vapes then you have a Ida how it's going to act !
Are you like me never tried a ball vapes before then do like me get all 3 as you may find you like 1 for a certain WP or even a certain strain or just a certain mood ....
Ps come on people don't let thread become nothing but my post .
It is tempting to try all three heads. I am planning to get at least a full unit with the Zirc and an extra ruby head, maybe request a high airflow one for the Ruby head so each one is distinct.

Monk Debate,

2pumpchump

It is tempting to try all three heads. I am planning to get at least a full unit with the Zirc and an extra ruby head, maybe request a high airflow one for the Ruby head so each one is distinct.
that will give you both airflow options and you can swap balls around even if you decide to go sic you can just get some sic and swap or he77 i guess what ever balls you want ? @tinctorus done a grate job of letting this vape be tuned by or for user preface and aperies to do his best to oblige any customization of his ability ...
I honestly hope to see more vapes in the future from him

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
that will give you both airflow options and you can swap balls around even if you decide to go sic you can just get some sic and swap or he77 i guess what ever balls you want ? @tinctorus done a grate job of letting this vape be tuned by or for user preface and aperies to do his best to oblige any customization of his ability ...
I honestly hope to see more vapes in the future from him
I have lots of great things planned for the future, hoping to also do some bloody fun collabs in the future

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Stunner update:

I've got my carbon fiber and glass stems now for the Stunner. I recycled an Omni mouthpiece using a standard dynavap o-ring to fit the carbon fiber stem nicely. The carbon-fiber just barely keeps up with the heat generated but I can finish a bowl now without worrying about it scalding my hands.

My predictions are coming true. I've been reaching for the Stunner more and more and it's stealing time from other "Dynavap" format vapes in my rotation. Never combusted once, not even scorched. Always a nice even extraction and it hits like a truck. The 0.2g bowl is definitely pushing my tolerance higher, *sigh*.

I've decided I can't hit full bowls during the day - they're just too powerful to get stuff done.

I have a question about cleaning the Stunner. I try hard not to let any particles of flower or ABV get stuck up in the area where the balls are but I wonder if there's a bit of burnt flower or residue that collects there over time. I can sometimes get a hint of scorch taste but can't quite tell where it's being introduced because the ABV is never burnt or charred after a session so I assume there might be little bits that get up there and get thoroughly roasted.

Should I be removing and cleaning the balls once in a while?

Last edited:

Gdash

Flower would get stuck on the sides of my dome screen causing the flower to burn so, I replaced it with a flat screen and no longer have that issue. The balls had smoke residue when I replaced my screen so likely what is happening to you.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Flower would get stuck on the sides of my dome screen causing the flower to burn so, I replaced it with a flat screen and no longer have that issue. The balls had smoke residue when I replaced my screen so likely what is happening to you.
Hey thanks, that's good to know. Gonna fix that right now.

TigoleBitties,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Stunner update:

I've got my carbon fiber and glass stems now for the Stunner. I recycled an Omni mouthpiece using a standard dynavap o-ring to fit the carbon fiber stem nicely. The carbon-fiber just barely keeps up with the heat generated but I can finish a bowl now without worrying about it scalding my hands.

My predictions are coming true. I've been reaching for the Stunner more and more and it's stealing time from other "Dynavap" format vapes in my rotation. Never combusted once, not even scorched. Always a nice even extraction and it hits like a truck. The 0.2g bowl is definitely pushing my tolerance higher, *sigh*.

I've decided I can't hit full bowls during the day - they're just too powerful to get stuff done.

I have a question about cleaning the Stunner. I try hard not to let any particles of flower or ABV get stuck up in the area where the balls are but I wonder if there's a bit of burnt flower or residue that collects there over time. I can sometimes get a hint of scorch taste but can't quite tell where it's being introduced because the ABV is never burnt or charred after a session so I assume there might be little bits that get up there and get thoroughly roasted.

I just throw the entire thing in iso, no need to remove the screens all the time
If you do want to however it uses a 12.7mm flat screen for the balls and a 10mm flat screen for the bowl
I'm thrilled you're enjoying it, I think it's a fun device and super easy to use

2pumpchump

Stunner update:

Yea I have found my balls get dirty and need washed from time to time .I normally do a quick iso wash and rinse! They get even more dirty if using on a WP that has back flow

And have a STUNNER update im running flat screen in my og Zr02 cap I still leave it backed off as it seems to help with not scorching the top layer slightly just slightly .. now I going to take blame as well if the is more gap I'm putting bud in it . As we all know if it says holds .2 I'm going to try my best to get. 3 in it !!!!lol
So as for as my ruby HFC is set up completely different
20230623-010550.jpg

20230623-010745.jpg

20230623-010515.jpg

20230623-010438.jpg

So it will not screw completely down even empty
Because we'll I got my hands on a few extra ruby's and now I'm running 1.5 × the amount as stock .
Keeping wellies on a motorcycle analysis this baby is like getting off your 600 and riding your buddies 1000 and realizing you don't have to clutch it up you can just give the front end a little bounce and Gass it !! Right now I'm loving it .
As normally the HFC runs out of steam a lot quicker... wrong you just need some balls.
It also allows rot doing 1 heat extraction at a lot lower temperature ..

Top Bottom