The "Stunner"

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
what is the difference in the 3mm balls as far as heat up time, heat retention and function that you have found through use?
So the ZrO2 is much much better for flavor and what it normally us filled with, the Sic is a more muted flavor but the immediate thick clouds are incredible

The ruby I haven't used in this but I can make a video tomorrow

I would really recommend going with the ZrO2, however I also can do extra heads for 30 if people want to try different materials but may not have tools

Heat time differences are pretty negligible

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
So the ZrO2 is much much better for flavor and what it normally us filled with, the Sic is a more muted flavor but the immediate thick clouds are incredible

The ruby I haven't used in this but I can make a video tomorrow

I would really recommend going with the ZrO2, however I also can do extra heads for 30 if people want to try different materials but may not have tools

Heat time differences are pretty negligible
Well you just sold another head. I need to try em all!!

redeyemaster

This looks really neat.

I don't really care if it's heavily inspired by another product as technology in and of itself is iterative.

There is plenty of demand for these things, neither Tinctorus nor Phatpiggie will struggle to sell their products, there's plenty of space for everyone.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Another question for the brain trust here, is there any 18mm-9mm adapter for stems that use an 18mm joint? I’d be much more inclined to try the Stunner if I can just slap an adaptor on my existing stems rather than having to buy a Dani stem on top of it, seeing as how I don’t own any Dani vapes.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: btka

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Another question for the brain trust here, is there any 18mm-9mm adapter for stems that use an 18mm joint? I’d be much more inclined to try the Stunner if I can just slap an adaptor on my existing stems rather than having to buy a Dani stem on top of it, seeing as how I don’t own any Dani vapes.
I'm going to have an adapter available soon that will let you use the Stunner or Dani vape on your Dynavap stems

However if you use a thicker oring it will fit a 10mm joint no problem

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'm going to have an adapter available soon that will let you use the Stunner or Dani vape on your Dynavap stems

However if you use a thicker oring it will fit a 10mm joint no problem
That’s good to know because I also have severaL DV stems! Looking forward to those being available.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: tinctorus

Gdash

Mine came in yesterday. It's very forgiving with the Blazer Firefox Mini. It can crush a bowl with about a 45 - 50 second heat up. I've been heating it for 30 seconds for a flavorful 1st hit and a 30 seconds reheat for some coffee dark ABV. Not timing it really just counting in my head and no combustion so far. Performance is there for cloud chasers. A little warm native but not that bad. So far so good.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Mine came in yesterday. It's very forgiving with the Blazer Firefox Mini. It can crush a bowl with about a 45 - 50 second heat up. I've been heating it for 30 seconds for a flavorful 1st hit and a 30 seconds reheat for some coffee dark ABV. Not timing it really just counting in my head and no combustion so far. Performance is there for cloud chasers. A little warm native but not that bad. So far so good.
How warm does it seem that the bowl gets? I did notice the bowl is SS for heat retention which makes me think this would have more conduction than the TA or 18mm Killer, and I prefer as much convection as possible.

Monk Debate,

Gdash

The bowl gets hot and transfers a lot of that heat to the stem, but it seems to be more radiating heat and it doesn't appear to contribute much to conduction. At the very least it is a heavy convection device.

In my limited experience, it does not have more or less conduction than the TA. It does need a few more seconds to heat up and has slightly less restriction, but other than a few things I'm sure you can imagine that it is very similar to the TA.

Last edited:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
How warm does it seem that the bowl gets? I did notice the bowl is SS for heat retention which makes me think this would have more conduction than the TA or 18mm Killer, and I prefer as much convection as possible.
You can get a more convection heavy hit by just heating the very top, if you want more conduction I suggest heating the bowl just a bit

@Gdash I'm thrilled you're enjoying it btw

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
A quick review of the stunner

First off yes it looks like the TA... we get it. The Dyna, BFG, Camouflet, vestratto, tasty tube, terpsicle, quarts cap, ect all look very similar as well...

I'm really enjoying this iteration on butane vaporizers so far! Our friend @tinctorus at MGVsolutions did a great job putting this beauty together. Locally machined and verified all materials. He is more than happy to discuss this if people have immediate concerns. Now that the 2 biggest topics that are important in their own right but have been taking focus away from the function of the vape have been adressed onto the meat of it.

My initial impression of the vape is that it's built solid and the learning curve isn't much to speak on. The bowl holds around .2g and is convection heavy but does have some conduction due to being made of metal. I feel conduction becomes more prominent if you do multiple bowls in a row, heat towards the base or screw the top on to far.

The stunner comes with the option of sic, ZrO2 and ruby filled tops. imo the sic holds heat and distributes it better than the others. ZrO2 gives the best flavor but doesn't hold the heat as well. Ruby is the middle road guy as always.

A quick fire up guide.
1. Load bowl to a medium pack with tamping

2. Thread top on and turn 1-2 times. It doesn't need to be flush by any means and functions best this way.

3. 20 second heat time. Rotate the unit slowly and heat the top half only.

4. pull 1-2 times and reheat for 5-6 second intervals until desired temp is achieved. I give it 1 or 2 pulls to warm up like with the quarts cap/terpsicle.

5. Enjoy

The abv after the pulls on the video was hardly toasted and had another 3-4 of the initial strength pull left. I will be putting this little beauty on a j hook for pipe tobaccoo feels after work or when I just wanna relax. It's also more durable than my all glass units and would hold up well for rrrrrips in the outdoors.

Experimenting with IH next 🙃

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
A quick review of the stunner

First off yes it looks like the TA... we get it. The Dyna, BFG, Camouflet, vestratto, tasty tube, terpsicle, quarts cap, ect all look very similar as well...

I'm really enjoying this iteration on butane vaporizers so far! Our friend @tinctorus at MGVsolutions did a great job putting this beauty together. Locally machined and verified all materials. He is more than happy to discuss this if people have immediate concerns. Now that the 2 biggest topics that are important in their own right but have been taking focus away from the function of the vape have been adressed onto the meat of it.

My initial impression of the vape is that it's built solid and the learning curve isn't much to speak on. The bowl holds around .2g and is convection heavy but does have some conduction due to being made of metal. I feel conduction becomes more prominent if you do multiple bowls in a row, heat towards the base or screw the top on to far.

The stunner comes with the option of sic, ZrO2 and ruby filled tops. imo the sic holds heat and distributes it better than the others. ZrO2 gives the best flavor but doesn't hold the heat as well. Ruby is the middle road guy as always.

A quick fire up guide.
1. Load bowl to a medium pack with tamping

2. Thread top on and turn 1-2 times. It doesn't need to be flush by any means and functions best this way.

3. 20 second heat time. Rotate the unit slowly and heat the top half only.

4. pull 1-2 times and reheat for 5-6 second intervals until desired temp is achieved. I give it 1 or 2 pulls to warm up like with the quarts cap/terpsicle.

5. Enjoy

The abv after the pulls on the video was hardly toasted and had another 3-4 of the initial strength pull left. I will be putting this little beauty on a j hook for pipe tobaccoo feels after work or when I just wanna relax. It's also more durable than my all glass units and would hold up well for rrrrrips in the outdoors.

Experimenting with IH next 🙃
Loved reading your thoughts on this little beast 😊

tinctorus,

2pumpchump

Looks like something I have seen before...
wait i think i seen 1 once ......well not in real life but pictures of 1
OMFG HOLEY SHIT ITS A UNICORN VAPE !!!
yes i being a smart ass well because that is wear i left off in a tread that got off topic and i saw 1 the other or both not doesn't matter as it was when i was a new member who only 1 vape reading if a $200 peace was worth putting on my $80 vape ...and earther of Theas wound not have interested me at that time would not entered a contest if giving either 1 of away !!!!
i used the money to get a new vape instead BTW FYI after joining i found out a lot more options out there new to the dry vape thing its hard to find Ligget information on wear to get a vape if its good if its real why is it never in stock or no longer made by the time you find out about it or worse see 1 them youtube people bragging about how grate it is only to find out was a new prototype and never hear shit about it ....
that is what i mean by unicorn vape ! hay blame google people got to join hear just to find a vape
yes i saw a TA on a sight i trust the other week it was in the section with those desk top vapes with the big ass heating coils trying to figuer out how those work and what's different other than price on and whats needed ...
from working at a juice based vape store for some time iv seen to many people with VAS and manufactures put the same shit in a difrent case and people have to have it .. so i would rather see something that looks the same outside but improved inside
you guys and gals know thease than me so ill let yaw figure it out . im off to look at big coil things to try to figur out why some ready to vape kit look like half the stuff than others @tinctorus as long as your not denning reputable stores that carry the TA the right to sell your product then hay for $ 200 i was going to spend trying to make a vape better i be leave i can get both that each will do more good just saying people

Tji89

Can you produce some decent videos for reference? 🙏

Edit: nvm, saw more videos on your YouTube account

redeyemaster

I see Wesley Pipes has these on sale now in the US, has anyone gotten one and tried it?
Just did my first sesh in the Stunner... Name checks out.

Didn't really give me the best flavor but my technique is not developed yet.

As for how it functions well... wait.... what was I saying again?

Happy GIF

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Just did my first sesh in the Stunner... Name checks out.

Didn't really give me the best flavor but my technique is not developed yet.

As for how it functions well... wait.... what was I saying again?

Happy GIF
🤣🤣🤣
I'm glad it delivers for you 😜😜
I have noticed the fresher the grind the better the flavor fwiw

redeyemaster

🤣🤣🤣
I'm glad it delivers for you 😜😜
I have noticed the fresher the grind the better the flavor fwiw
Yeah, bits of kinks to work out in the timing but that's fine by me.

I've had a few hits that were the perfect amount of heat and draw that tasted fantastic but I often go just a bit too hot chasing desired results.

I'm fine with losing a little flavor for how hard this thing can punch; I'm consistently able to green out if I hit it like I mean it so I'm adding in a bit of backing off and I haven't felt that way about a vape in years since my tolerance is pretty high.

Def a worthy addition to the collection.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yeah, bits of kinks to work out in the timing but that's fine by me.

I've had a few hits that were the perfect amount of heat and draw that tasted fantastic but I often go just a bit too hot chasing desired results.

I'm fine with losing a little flavor for how hard this thing can punch; I'm consistently able to green out if I hit it like I mean it so I'm adding in a bit of backing off and I haven't felt that way about a vape in years since my tolerance is pretty high.

Def a worthy addition to the collection.
I'm so glad to hear this, you'll eventually get the timing for your particular lighter as well

I had to relearn when I switched to the big buddy

RichardsBag

Yep. Should've said I'm not a torch guy either. I only use IH (iSpire Wand) with my devices. Camouflet works very well with it.

Looking forward to an IH compatible Stunner. The TA is already compatible but alas, I haven't landed one yet 😭
I have had plenty of luck with my first experiments with the Wand and Stunner. It seems to do best with 2 heat ups. First a longer heat up approximately that of a Dani/Fusion Cold start to click (say 40ish seconds), followed by and inhale through the unit. It is just occuring to me that the reason this works is likely the cap material transferring the heat to the non-magnetic balls. The first rip is terpy and light on vapor.

Put the stunner right back in the wand (trying to keep the upper half of the tip covered and away from the bowl) for another 15-30s and go to town.

I have also done some experimenting with ripping while the IH heats. This works great wponce the unit is at temp and the balls are holding heat. I havent tried this much yet but enough to know the wand works. I made a 5m video to show how but will try to make a shorter one with better lighting.

2pumpchump

well i got to take the training Weals off some time so this will be my first none temp controlled vape with no warning ......
just me a torch bud and some weird thing none of my friends has seen b4 .....
kinda feals like im 18 aging ....... YEP GOING TO HAHE TO SPRING FOR A BIGER PUMP!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I have had plenty of luck with my first experiments with the Wand and Stunner. It seems to do best with 2 heat ups. First a longer heat up approximately that of a Dani/Fusion Cold start to click (say 40ish seconds), followed by and inhale through the unit. It is just occuring to me that the reason this works is likely the cap material transferring the heat to the non-magnetic balls. The first rip is terpy and light on vapor.

Put the stunner right back in the wand (trying to keep the upper half of the tip covered and away from the bowl) for another 15-30s and go to town.

I have also done some experimenting with ripping while the IH heats. This works great wponce the unit is at temp and the balls are holding heat. I havent tried this much yet but enough to know the wand works. I made a 5m video to show how but will try to make a shorter one with better lighting.
wait are you saying it just might work with ih

Last edited:
Top Bottom