The "Stunner"

TedJones

I've been using this maven torch for the last couple months and I really like it so far
Wow .. that looks slick! Will look into ;)
nice white Blazer Big Buddy in the shot! Looks awfully close to mine..
Yea think I remember choosing it so I can spot it easily :haw:. Here’s the gang minus the new Ronx. Your vid was good!

2pumpchump

After @bellona0544 great review I decided to pull 1 of my updated caps apart to find it seams to have more balls .the new rev b bowl really shines using the new HFC on a WP I'm really liking the new disk ball retailers and the new HFC really holds the heat better ..
Side note I love how the cap color for everyone's heating style is like a signature 😂 kinda maks your vape part of you

2pumpchump

Small update: I tried the Stunner with my Wand for the first time in a while and just let it run til it timed out with the lip of the Wand resting on the head of the Stunner, and dang, I forgot how versatile the Wand is.
I hear people have good results might have to try

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I hear people have good results might have to try
I have the original Stunner head and have only ever used the Wand. Even though apparently it wasn't designed to be IH friendly, there appears to be enough ferrous material in there for good heating with the Wand.

Interestingly, I find that the time/temp Wand settings people are sharing about the Tempest hold true for my Stunner. Lately I set it to 600F for flower and heat until timeout but YMMV.

The killer feature about using the Wand for me is the ability to heat while inhaling. Not something you can really do with a torch I think? I take low temp delicious sips about 25s into the first heat cycle. Who needs an indicator when you can sip while heating?

After the Wand times out, if you don't clear the bowl in one cycle, you can just bring the Stunner back up to temp in around 10s by using the Wand like re-lighting the tip of a cigar. All while puffing away testing for vapor to return.

TedJones

That’s pretty cool. I didn’t think the cap was for IH.
The killer feature about using the Wand for me is the ability to heat while inhaling. Not something you can really do with a torch I think?
I wouldn’t try lol. Might be able to with a long stem and vertical torch. Might need a spinning mouthpiece too!

I’ve torched for about 12 seconds for a quick terpy pull with minimal vapor, then heat again for another 8-10 to finish with more pulls/vapor. Works pretty good 👍

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That’s pretty cool. I didn’t think the cap was for IH.
It wasn't meant to be but one of the early adopters who had a Stunner and a Wand gave it a try and it worked great. After I read this, I pulled the trigger on the Stunner immediately. TA wasn't available anymore and the Tempest was still early in development. It was my first ball vape experience and it's still great.
I wouldn’t try lol. Might be able to with a long stem and vertical torch. Might need a spinning mouthpiece too!

I’ve torched for about 12 seconds for a quick terpy pull with minimal vapor, then heat again for another 8-10 to finish with more pulls/vapor. Works pretty good 👍
Nice. I sometimes wish I had more freedom to use torches around the house so I could use my glass vapes like the Terpedo from TRWW more often. Wife is not a fan 🙄. First world problems I guess 🤷‍♂️

2pumpchump

It wasn't meant to be but one of the early adopters who had a Stunner and a Wand gave it a try and it worked great. After I read this, I pulled the trigger on the Stunner immediately. TA wasn't available anymore and the Tempest was still early in development. It was my first ball vape experience and it's still great.

Nice. I sometimes wish I had more freedom to use torches around the house so I could use my glass vapes like the Terpedo from TRWW more often. Wife is not a fan 🙄. First world problems I guess 🤷‍♂️
I remember reading this I really have been considering IH for conveince and to eliminate the sights of torches at times

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am not allowed to own desktops in my situation. I have never tried a desktop ball vape.

The Stunner is the strongest portables I have ever tried. I copied some of the videos, got a big old torch with a nice big flame and heated up that bad boy. I was taken back by how much vapor it produces. The bowl was like 80% done in one. The 2nd heating did not produce much.

My Stunner is sitting on one of the new Dani metal stems, the fit is pretty lose. I wrapped a bit of hemp fibre round the tip to tighten it up.

I find the cap sometimes difficult to thread on to the bowl. Seems like both caps are much the same.

I think I am going to have fun with this vape.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I am not allowed to own desktops in my situation. I have never tried a desktop ball vape.

The Stunner is the strongest portables I have ever tried. I copied some of the videos, got a big old torch with a nice big flame and heated up that bad boy. I was taken back by how much vapor it produces. The bowl was like 80% done in one. The 2nd heating did not produce much.

My Stunner is sitting on one of the new Dani metal stems, the fit is pretty lose. I wrapped a bit of hemp fibre round the tip to tighten it up.

I find the cap sometimes difficult to thread on to the bowl. Seems like both caps are much the same.

I think I am going to have fun with this vape.
Enjoy it! The Stunner was my first ball vape as well and it still works great. It will be interesting to see the differences between it and the upcoming Tempest that seems to have a lot more airflow options.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Enjoy it! The Stunner was my first ball vape as well and it still works great. It will be interesting to see the differences between it and the upcoming Tempest that seems to have a lot more airflow options.

I have a tempest and I don't think it's fair to make a comparison because I have never used it with the direct tube. However with the helix tube it's night and day. The Stunner is stronger and feels more powerful. However the tempest is way way cooler and more refined.

I have decided not to judge which I prefer, (including the fusion 2.0 in this) until I get a IH. I am holding out for the flare.

TedJones

I have a tempest and I don't think it's fair to make a comparison because I have never used it with the direct tube. However with the helix tube it's night and day. The Stunner is stronger and feels more powerful. However the tempest is way way cooler and more refined.

I have decided not to judge which I prefer, (including the fusion 2.0 in this) until I get a IH. I am holding out for the flare.
Well said! Pretty much my sentiments too (although I don’t have the 2.0:ugh:). Stunner has an advantage with more balls and a bigger bore with the 9mm.

2pumpchump

Ah, nice one! Yea, your face is safe with the bubbler & whip there. Was thinking of it mounted in a stem and trying that technique .. might burn the eyebrows :p
Thanks for noticing YES I MIGHT DO THINGS NOT RECOMMENDED EVEN BY MYSELF...!!!!
I do things to fuck around and find out ...
I do this at my own safety risk and risk of my vape equipment. And do not hold any vape company or retailer responsible for my misuses of products.. also to keep safety in mind..

That being said . With clean butane and the new mettle disk on the HFC it doesn't hurt to suck a bit of the flame while heating .. IF YOU CAN DO IT SAFELY!!!

TedJones

Thanks for noticing YES I MIGHT DO THINGS NOT RECOMMENDED EVEN BY MYSELF...!!!!
I do things to fuck around and find out ...
I do this at my own safety risk and risk of my vape equipment. And do not hold any vape company or retailer responsible for my misuses of products.. also to keep safety in mind..

That being said . With clean butane and the new mettle disk on the HFC it doesn't hurt to suck a bit of the flame while heating .. IF YOU CAN DO IT SAFELY!!!
Yea. Actually reminds me of how the sticky bricks are used. You notice any difference from the normal heat, then pull method?

2pumpchump

Yea. Actually reminds me of how the sticky bricks are used. You notice any difference from the normal heat, then pull method?
It dose seems to heat a tad faster. Also finding it a nice way to add some extra heat for lower temp multi hits .. I'm playing around with it I'll keep you posted

2pumpchump,
Reactions: TedJones

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Wanted to post on here about the Instagram giveaway im doing

Top Bottom