• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Picture Thread

CANtalk

Fossils (Jimbacrinus Crinoids from Western Australia). ~280M years old.

2f0nzylq27k71.jpg

:peace: :leaf:

ChooChooCharlie

MCE-iko-iko-a-nae-walnut.jpg

MCE-Icosahedron-tin-manufacturing.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The dwarf galaxy that could: SagDEG.

Multiple tidal interactions ( 5.7 Million Years, 3 MY, 1.9 MY, ago ) between the larger mass MIlky Way galaxy and a smaller dwarf
Elliptical ( 1% mass of the MW ) may not only have formed some of its SPIRAL ARMS, but also the BAR structure of the Milky Way—deduced, and verified, initially by the UMass Astronomy Dept. That is, the MW is a barred spiral.

Stripped of most of its mass, SagDEG (Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy) has a dozen
Or so globular clusters, some star clusters, and stars remaining, all to be eventually cannibalized by the MW as it continue to gravitationally spiral in a polar trajectory Into our assimilating galaxy.

Until then, it will continue to plunge in and out of the galactic plane on a galactic time scale, in smaller and smaller oscillations, as its mass is stripped further with each oscillation. Until SagDEG is totally assimilated.

PS some has suggested that because of the misalignment of the solar plane with the galactic plane, that the sun
was one of the stars stripped from the dwarf galaxy during one of its passages through the Milky Way early on. That is to say, we are aliens from another galaxy. LOL 👽

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sept. 11, 2001....11:00 a.m.- I was tending bar at Jersey Joe's. The three televisions behind the bar stopped playing the retro movies that were on... The disaster began getting coverage. One really talented customer at the bar pulled out a match book and while the news revealed what happened he was doing this...
Razor blade, and in his bag a small can of spray paint... within 10 minutes of the news coming on, this piece of art was completed & gifted to me. It still hangs on my bulletin board.
DSC06963.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
the things you find on your walks @Bologna :lol:
Ha! Funny you should say this cuz look what I found today on an earlier walk on the side of the road...:
D72A4AC3-4133-4C4B-95EF-31A8311ED700.jpeg
seems to work fine... it's half filled with some kinda nasty lookin viscous liquid that smells like fake strawberries...:puke: kind of a shame to throw it out... but I don't think there are carts/tanks whatever available for cannabis oil.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Holy Sh!t...! Are these what I think they are...!? Anyone know? @Alexis...?
View attachment 13235 View attachment 13238 View attachment 13239 View attachment 13237
View attachment 13236 View attachment 13240
(American yellow fly agaric- read the bit in the "Biochemistry" section...:tup::peace:)

I'm currently walking Rocky, please excuse the brevity...

Mushrooms of lore!:
I am not an expert in any way, but, we have lots of red fly agaric near me and those do look very similar apart from the colour! Yours are stunning too! You need to be extremely careful when preparing one for consumption as they can easily kill! Best advice is not to touch lol.

Top Bottom