Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Porquiplane have you tried 5ohm at 3.7?

Its been tried. Works for flavor. Definitely works. Thats the current setup as ran out of 3 ohms and had 5 ohms that were left. 3 or 4 ohm ones worked best for the lung issue at 3.7 volt. But 5 works perfectly fine. Just need a longer heatup, sometimes by the time the hit starts already have a full lung of just air. So makes you a bit light headed as you need near two full breaths to get a good hit on it. Great for taste though, and battery life, and cart life, and lung help.

*$&#%EDIT:

I have a severe lung issue and find 2.4 ohm too much for me.......thanks jpdnksatr, I'll try the 5 ohm!

Bugsy, try 3 or 4 at 3.7volt with the AW IMR 18650. That is an amazing setup. Favorite here. Always been the favorite. Thats why its disheartening that herc doesnt vape oils at 3.7. For lung issue users it would be very helpful to keep payload, increase airflow, extend cart life and help lung function.

Shall see what g comes up with.

Dont think alot of people think of the users with lung issues using persei medically. Its hard having anyhing thick and when its needed often daily, a bub isnt possible. Tried the Thermovape tips with the ceramic plate dipped in water, didnt help any. Only solution is less power (watts) at the cart. Lowest battery, higher resistance.

Best combo so far, Puregold with persei at 3.7 volt aw imr with 4 ohm. Light enough you can lung it, and tastey enough to love it, and high enough resistance to make the battery go a longgg time.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys the 1701's is designed specifically for oils that are consistent like gold. I just dont know how it will work with thicker stuff. As we have to test and see but i doubt its going to work with thicker stuff.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
guys the 1701's is designed specifically for oils that are consistent like gold. I just dont know how it will work with thicker stuff. As we have to test and see but i doubt its going to work with thicker stuff.
so if the herc is an herb cart mainly, the 1701 is for straight liquid, no solid, concentrate, what is the new leak-proof, clog-proof cart supposed to be?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
so if the herc is an herb cart mainly, the 1701 is for straight liquid, no solid, concentrate, what is the new leak-proof, clog-proof cart supposed to be?

The Herc is the Herb cart for v1, v2 and persei at 3.7v. Herc for oils works with 7.4v Persei.

the 1701 from my designs it is for gold type liquids. I just dont know how it will work with stable oils. the 1701 has a burlier heater and is leak and clog proof. Now all this is still BS because its all on paper, until we test them out we cant back up our claims.

Plus we just scrapped 1000 pcs of 1701's because we had some issues after we put it into production. It leaked so we scraped the whole production run to redesign and change a few parts inside. Redesigned pcs comes out in three weeks for testing.

The main difference between the 1701 and the current design is that the 1701 has no silica rope.

You know me bob ill speak the truth.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The Herc is the Herb cart for v1, v2 and persei at 3.7v. Herc for oils works with 7.4v Persei.

the 1701 from my designs it is for gold type liquids. I just dont know how it will work with stable oils. the 1701 has a burlier heater and is leak and clog proof. Now all this is still BS because its all on paper, until we test them out we cant back up our claims.

Plus we just scrapped 1000 pcs of 1701's because we had some issues after we put it into production. It leaked so we scraped the whole production run to redesign and change a few parts inside. Redesigned pcs comes out in three weeks for testing.

The main difference between the 1701 and the current design is that the 1701 has no silica rope.

You know me bob ill speak the truth.

Hey G, you still haven't mentioned whether or not the Hercules will do oil on the HVD using the 7.4v configuration. I'm starting to feel like the Omicron is becoming a second thought and that the Persei might have been the wiser choice.

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, you still haven't mentioned whether or not the Hercules will do oil on the HVD using the 7.4v configuration. I'm starting to feel like the Omicron is becoming a second thought and that the Persei might have been the wiser choice.

I have yet to try them out brotha, just been super busy i already marked my to do list that the Omicron HVD is next in line for testing, just need some time to get all straightened out.

The Omicron is not left behind, if that statement was true then i would not have worked my ass off to get the herb chamber that i promised for the Omicron. The Hercules for oils was never made to be used for the Omicron. The 1701's are the second generation oil carts for the Omicron.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF
This is interesting! I use mainly oils, not wax, and mostly "thin" though not as thin as PG.
I had a single 4 Ohm cart that I called "magic" - It lasted through >7g. When I took it apart I found it had only a tiny bit of wick - probably 1/4 the size of the other carts I'd taken apart (thanks OF - if I started the seal with a paperclip, then pulled with a needle-nose, everything comes out quick and easy. BTW. The attachment of the bridge and where the wires run and are connected varies with each label type - e.g. does + run through or under from the top of the upper seal or is the bridge a single block pressed on or a separate assembly with a tube that fits over the flue tube).
It would be great if the 1701s just performed nearly as well as that one "magic" (or "defective" maybe) cart did. For the record, it died "live" with both heaters good, but with what silica rope there was entirely caked into a solid black chunk - It is more common for me to lose "high power" carts by laying on the button too long ('til the "death puff of smoke" comes from the bottom) - nearly every 2.4 I've taken apart looks like OF's picture with the wick blackened in the middle and they are usually "retired" with both heaters still alive.

Three weeks until testing - Any guesses on production, if they pass? Thanksgiving? Christmas?

-NDA

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
This is interesting! I use mainly oils, not wax, and mostly "thin" though not as thin as PG.
I had a single 4 Ohm cart that I called "magic" - It lasted through >7g. When I took it apart I found it had only a tiny bit of wick - probably 1/4 the size of the other carts I'd taken apart (thanks OF - if I started the seal with a paperclip, then pulled with a needle-nose, everything comes out quick and easy. BTW. The attachment of the bridge and where the wires run and are connected varies with each label type - e.g. does + run through or under from the top of the upper seal or is the bridge a single block pressed on or a separate assembly with a tube that fits over the flue tube).
It would be great if the 1701s just performed nearly as well as that one "magic" (or "defective" maybe) cart did. For the record, it died "live" with both heaters good, but with what silica rope there was entirely caked into a solid black chunk - It is more common for me to lose "high power" carts by laying on the button too long ('til the "death puff of smoke" comes from the bottom) - nearly every 2.4 I've taken apart looks like OF's picture with the wick blackened in the middle and they are usually "retired" with both heaters still alive.

Three weeks until testing - Any guesses on production, if they pass? Thanksgiving? Christmas?

-NDA

Nick i cant comment on production, as im burning myself out getting these things out asap. For this one i hope i dont offend and never intend to but the 1701's will be out when they come out.

Hopefully by end of October.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Nick Again

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
The Hercules for oils was never made to be used for the Omicron. The 1701's are the second generation oil carts for the Omicron.

So what are the differences with the Herc as opposed to a standard cart? looks like the airflow/intake is increased, different heater/different delivery system (non-wicked), can be used on any battery set, does flowers low power, does oils high power, and remains cool even when driven.

And, from the old blank label carts to the newer carts that have the heat warning, is there any functional difference internally?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So what are the differences with the Herc as opposed to a standard cart? looks like the airflow/intake is increased, different heater/different delivery system (non-wicked), can be used on any battery set, does flowers low power, does oils high power, and remains cool even when driven.

And, from the old blank label carts to the newer carts that have the heat warning, is there any functional difference internally?

Standard cart wont do herbs, the Hercules can, Standard cart no warranty, Hercules will have a 6 month warranty.

Standard cart is not as bad ass as the Hercules. Thats all i can say about the internals.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

weedmon

I'm going to sell mine. I love the way it hits. But I do not enjoy filling the carts, since I make shatter and it is not really suitable for this. I mean you can use shatter but you lose a lot in the process.

weedmon,

OB

I have thick wax in my 4ohm on 7.4 and want to take larger hits but,dont want to burn it out. how long can I safely hold the button. Im doin 2 on 3 off 3 timesfor a single hit then the carts hot and I let it cool. Plus what are waus to keep pure gold from leakin out my 5 ohm?

OB,

tharealmclovin

I'm going to sell mine. I love the way it hits. But I do not enjoy filling the carts, since I make shatter and it is not really suitable for this. I mean you can use shatter but you lose a lot in the process.

I make shatter and I think it works great, if not better than runny oils.

How do you lose oil in the process? Sounds like you are overheating it while filling. I prefer using a heatgun over a lighter for that reason.

tharealmclovin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I have thick wax in my 4ohm on 7.4 and want to take larger hits but,dont want to burn it out. how long can I safely hold the button. Im doin 2 on 3 off 3 timesfor a single hit then the carts hot and I let it cool. Plus what are waus to keep pure gold from leakin out my 5 ohm?

Best idea is to use puregold in a 5 ohm at 3.7volts. It works well. Puregold doesnt take much to vape and a low heat is best to keep it from leaking. Like 10 second hits at that setting. Keep it straight up when stored, and cart attached to the unit.

Porquiplane,

OF

I too found shatter a little harder to load, and it seemed to vape a little slower, but it didn't leak until I screwed up and chain hit it too much.......

And even then it didn't leak as much as drive me mad with constant lower tube plugs. I ended up recovering the cart, an expensive lesson.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
fully agree. the harder/thicker the concentrate, the harder to load, the less likely to leak and the most likely to hold a slight consistent clog (easily remedied by heating cart gently, removing and gently blowing thru from thread side out.)
conversely, the runnier the concentrate, the more likely to leak and the less likely to clog.
stands to reason.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
update on hercules 3.7v persei, looks like you can char it more then the omicron if you just press it longer.

This is due to the bigger 18650 battery and its capability to provide more power.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
update on hercules 3.7v persei, looks like you can char it more then the omicron if you just press it longer.

This is due to the bigger 18650 battery and its capability to provide more power.

If the persei has enough power to char flower in herc cart at 3.7 why cant it vape thin oils at 3.7 as well?

Porquiplane,
Top Bottom