• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
What I would suggest is that for the 7.4v double batteries, screw the adjuster out a bit so that when you screw the cap on, it screws them both down together. But I can get my bottom cap very tight even on the single battery, maybe try sanding the seating edge of the cap just a bit so when it seats it has some friction to hold it. On mine it feels like the groove cuts create a bit of friction.

4 and 5 ohm carts should be primed at low voltages and then hit with a semi-fast draw imo. You can't really treat them like 2.4 ohm Omicarts where you just hold the button down and draw super slow. To help you with hitting the cartridges we really need to know everything: type of concentrate, what ohm cart, draw speed, and button hold time.

Agreed. I have not burned out a single 4 or 5 ohm cart on 7.4v yet. I am drawing very fast and am modulating the button every 2 seconds or so to control heat.

to me it sounds like you are priming too much dry and maybe burning up the elements. Are you priming at 3.7v?

ru_frothi,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I'm priming at 3.7v and I got little whisps telling me that the wick should be wet. It looks like I burned my carts because I treat my Persei like an Omicron. Oops. I guess I was under the impression that we can take long slow hits with the 5 ohm carts.

I'm not sure why I bought the Persei, perhaps I didn't need it. I really wanted to medicate with something other than Pure Gold so now I'm hoping that the 1.5 carts will be better for my needs. I have lots of honeycomb wax but now I'm not sure how to vape it. 1.5 carts hopefully? Or a G-Tank cart?

Authentic,

JoeKickass

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I'm priming at 3.7v and I got little whisps telling me that the wick should be wet. It looks like I burned my carts because I treat my Persei like an Omicron. Oops. I guess I was under the impression that we can take long slow hits with the 5 ohm carts.

I'm not sure why I bought the Persei, perhaps I didn't need it. I really wanted to medicate with something other than Pure Gold so now I'm hoping that the 1.5 carts will be better for my needs. I have lots of honeycomb wax but now I'm not sure how to vape it. 1.5 carts hopefully? Or a G-Tank cart?

Personally, I would give the 5's another go. Use an acrylic tube so you can see the vapor. Prime first, but then try drawing at the speed you would drink a soda or something. Keep varying your technique until you get it dialed in, I think you will be pleased with wax in the 5 ohms...

kingcrimson

I have a 5 ohm filled with wax, and a 5 ohm filled with PG. i use the 7.4 batts exclusively now since my 3.7 needs replacing. Have not burned out any 5ohm-ers and ill take cycled hits, 5 seconds on 5 seconds off until the cart is almost too hot to touch. I do wish i could just hold the button and sip until i had full lungs, but this is a TOMV, not an mflb - and its got a learning curve and method of use unique to itself. I was extremely frustraited with my persei when i first got it, but now its my go to device, so - hope that helps.

kingcrimson,

Friar

^ So in summary, what techniques should a new Persei user be aware of so I don't burn out carts prematurely and so I get big clouds. Looking for some pointers/major do's and don'ts to steer me in the right direction here. Cheers.

Friar,

kingcrimson

^ So in summary, what techniques should a new Persei user be aware of so I don't burn out carts prematurely and so I get big clouds. Looking for some pointers/major do's and don'ts to steer me in the right direction here. Cheers.

I usually pulse button pushes as described above with my eye on the clock - literally. I usually vape with a finger or even one hand touching the cart so i can get a feel for how quickly its heating. Since the outside of the cart will continue to heat for a moment after you stop pushing the button, once it begins to get hot to the touch, at about the 2nd 5 second pull, or 15 seconds into my hit - i release the button but keep inhaling through the cart for 5-20 seconds t help it cool and make sure ingot all the vapor it produced. As everyone has mentioned, especially for thicker oils/waxes - prime on the 3.7, or very very very caefully on the 7.4s but only if theyre not fully charged. As for big clouds, the pluse hit method i described in combo with pulling slowly will result in huge clouds. If youre not seeing them you may be wall stacked or improperly primed.

In other news, Im about to get my first new pack of carts, and im debating 4 or 5 ohm. Or maybe i should try a lower ohm? What do you all prefer? I have two 5 ohms, and if i can get more vapor at once safely then i want to, lol. I want monster cough inducing clouds.

kingcrimson,
King, I feel 4's give the thickest, while still safe enough for extended use. I just retired a 4 and five that had been used since the first week. They were still kicking well, but the flavor was bad from 4-5 g run through them.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
so i think all you taste testers are gonna find the same results as i did.
I took two carts from an old 4 ohm pack marked 'em with a -, and two carts from the new
taste testing pack and marked 'em +. Then i put a B and an L on one from each set to indicate quality of oil. both honey, but B is from flowers only and L is from trim. (L has more waxes, is darker.)
I then primed the carts on 3.7 for sec or two 5 or 6 times for any pre-oxidizing.
Next I filled the carts accordingly. After mixing up the carts, i pulled them blind and tried to guess by taste as to the quality of carts and oil. I got 4 out of 4. the new carts have none of the machine oil taste at all. the difference is night and day. good job G and the people at THC! love 'em

Bob Loblaw,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Thanks fellas. I'm convinced to give the 5 ohm cart another try. G was cool enough to give me an extra one when he replaced my faulty batteries.
I'll try the pulse method advised above.

Authentic,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
The LCD top name,

CHT, Controlled Heat Top or Controlled Heat Temperature. (Is THC backwards)

Odin - King of the Norse Gods, God of poetry, battle and death. Chief god of the Aesir. Also known as the “all-father”, the “terrible one”, “ONE-EYED” and “father of battle”

Last attempt for me to make it on that name contest.

Porquiplane,

RW

The Vaporator oil rig

Call it anything you like.
Please just send me one of everything..invoice me, thru paypal....Im ready
Love these things ...... OK Ill try and be patient

DubCRider

I hold my button down on all carts. Yes, you want to baby it for cart longevity, but I have only burnt out 3 carts. All three were near empty 2.4ohms at 7.4v. Through my expirence the people who baby either the omicron or the Persei are the ones with the most problems using them. You definitely want to read the instructions and follow them but once your are familiar with your new device have some fun and play around with the settings. The worst thing that can happen is a burnt out $10 cart.

Ogseed

LCD top names:

DLUX or. D LUX or. LUX Or. LUXE - Based on the idea that this one is deffinately the deluxe model.

NOMAD - Greek usually meaning moving from one place to another, and you are always moving on to new and better things.

PHILOSOPHER - because some thought deffinately went into this.

SABRE - a type of sword. I think this is a sword of types....

Ogseed,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok guys who need to do the testing for the cartridges. Please private message me your emails that you have set up on our site so that we can credit you with $50 bucks for 4 ohms.

Here are the testers that where chosen. Please lets get this done today Tomorrow the latest.

Please report back here on this thread about your findings.

The cartridges are already pre oxidized and ready to roll, just prime and go at it.

OF
Sinclue
JoeKickass
Darb
XChalb
SlideorDie
Jambandphan03
Havealight101 ( since i think he reported the first case )
rufrothy

Bob loblow already has his cartridges and will report soon.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
so i think all you taste testers are gonna find the same results as i did.
I took two carts from an old 4 ohm pack marked 'em with a -, and two carts from the new
taste testing pack and marked 'em +. Then i put a B and an L on one from each set to indicate quality of oil. both honey, but B is from flowers only and L is from trim. (L has more waxes, is darker.)
I then primed the carts on 3.7 for sec or two 5 or 6 times for any pre-oxidizing.
Next I filled the carts accordingly. After mixing up the carts, i pulled them blind and tried to guess by taste as to the quality of carts and oil. I got 4 out of 4. the new carts have none of the machine oil taste at all. the difference is night and day. good job G and the people at THC! love 'em

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
@thc

You like chaos right ?

Cut out the( ch/)

Start with the AOS

End with begining of the word omicron..I'd say jus the (OM)

Put them together ("AosoM")

Almost sounds like awesome!!!!!
Just some thoughts while I was puffing on my
V2......

UCE

Uce,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Ok guys who need to do the testing for the cartridges. Please private message me your emails that you have set up on our site so that we can credit you with $50 bucks for 4 ohms.

Here are the testers that where chosen. Please lets get this done today Tomorrow the latest.

The cartridges are already pre oxidized and ready to roll, just prime and go at it.

OF
Sinclue
JoeKickass
Darb
XChalb
SlideorDie
Jambandphan03
rufrothy

Done = Started a conversation.

Sinclue,

JoeKickass

OF
Sinclue
JoeKickass
Darb
XChalb
SlideorDie
Jambandphan03
rufrothy

So we just buy carts from the store? Are all the carts you are sending out pre-ox'ed now?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
So we just buy carts from the store? Are all the carts you are sending out pre-ox'ed now?

No we are sending out 4.0 ohm testing cartridges, only the people on that list will get it, then if all 10 give good reviews it will be implemented and will work its way into the cartridges.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
@thc

You like chaos right ?

Cut out the( ch/)

Start with the AOS

End with begining of the word omicron..I'd say jus the (OM)

Put them together ("AosoM")

Almost sounds like awesome!!!!!
Just some thoughts while I was puffing on my
V2......

UCE

My name for the LCD top

Uce,

ilovedoobies!

I hold my button down on all carts. Yes, you want to baby it for cart longevity, but I have only burnt out 3 carts. All three were near empty 2.4ohms at 7.4v. Through my expirence the people who baby either the omicron or the Persei are the ones with the most problems using them. You definitely want to read the instructions and follow them but once your are familiar with your new device have some fun and play around with the settings. The worst thing that can happen is a burnt out $10 cart.
Totally but at first the new users wanna be careful not to mess anything up or clogging =) But i just bought the V2 and im so :rofl:

ilovedoobies!,
Top Bottom