Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

masaki

well, my Nibbler-xl is screwed. I through on the 3 O-rings, and got zero vape. Air was leaking past the o rings. OK, switch to the thicker ones. Now the mouth piece is stuck in the body and the threads are not strong enough to pull it out. Man this is frustrating...

Using pliers just screwed up the threads. Now the MP is screwed up and stuck in the body. I can't get it out. Only way is to cut it up.

Well it isn't working for me :( Not very happy either way it didn't work and its busted.
The first time I used it I just had the MP in the area where its stuck, but after reading this, I thought you installed it all the way to the bottom of the sr-71. It worked better just sticking the mp in not all the way. Well, in material now MP is in pieces.

edit: Damn it, now my brand new nibbler-xl is in pieces on my carpet and my hand is cut up. Screw this.
The top is still stuck in there man. Oh, its broke so I guess it don't matter. Depressed for sure.
Nibbler-xl.jpg
This is made me sad D: I feel your pain

OF

Where can I get a 1.5ohm cart for my v2.5 in San Jose?

At one point Harborside had them, and at very attractive prices. I bought my last box of 2.4s there a while back at $7 per IIRC. I'd give them a call and ask.

Otherwise you might PM DubC and ask him, he knows that kind of good stuff.

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: masaki

Caligula

Maximus
Yea they also just recently started allowing people to mix and match a pack of five so you don't have to get the same ohm carts in the package deal.

Since you are using the stage terminology, I assume you are running Cobb parts or at least an access port?

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
www.vaporwarehouse.com has them and they are in Livermore. You should call them to see if you can pick stuff up in person. BTW anything interesting done to that Suby?

@ataxian aren't you afraid that jar might implode under vacuum?
I was organising while it was under pressure.
Scared!
Hell yes!

I was to lazy to go to the store so I clean a empty jar of mustard and dirlled a hole for the fitting!
No Problem.

Yes I will do it this way again!

Oranizing for PhotoRider!

ataxian,

Caligula

Maximus
I was organising while it was under pressure.
Scared!
Hell yes!

I was to lazy to go to the store so I clean a empty jar of mustard and dirlled a hole for the fitting!
No Problem.

Yes I will do it this way again!

Oranizing for PhotoRider!
Is that a combustion pipe I see? Shame! Also isn't there a low cost jar you can use that isn't so sketchy to put under vacuum? Pyrex or something?

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is that a combustion pipe I see? Shame! Also isn't there a low cost jar you can use that isn't so sketchy to put under vacuum? Pyrex or something?
The combustion pipe you see I have used 2 X in 2 years. The taste I can't handle so it's really just for looks!
I use a mason jar that has a rubber seal. (many do it this way)

This was a FRENCH made glass jar and the mil thickness was significant to the AMERICAN glass having a thinner wall. I used plumber's TEFLON tape for the seal.

Pretty cool it worked.

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
You could always wrap the glass in a layer of clear packing tape. It'll retain transparency while eliminating the risk of injury or a huge mess in case of structural failure.

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Although I mentioned it in a post last night, I can't stress enough that when setting up the Nibbler XL for the first time, be sure to use one of the thicker O-rings on the mouthpiece. Otherwise, there isn't a full seal and you will just be heating/burning your oil. Don't want anyone else to burn/waste any of their oil. When set up correctly, this thing is a Godsend. I would definitely recommend the Nibbler XL to anyone who uses the Herc SR-71's.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just called W9 to "postpone" my order until the black rods are ready, she said, "Why wait? Black rods will be about $10 and are interchangeable." So I decided not to delay my new equipment over roughly $10.
Gives me time to get my technique down before the beast is released. :2c:
I agree with that. The white rod takes a good session or two to master a proper technique to fit yourneeds. The black rod, is just so much easier to use and youll love it once you get it. No technique needed really. Just melt in some oil press the button and go. No need to pulse it wont burn your oil (or at least it wont burn mine) and i also find no need to use a water pipe. I get the same results with or without water. Its just sooo smooth without water i see no difference when i tried it with my water pipe.

Still want a nibbler at some point though....

Going back and gonna try the blue rod again using the "shaking" technique like vitolos video. Ive gotten 2 similar sized hits as vitolos everytime ive tried using it (without shaking) but then everythings whispy or non existant. So maybe the shaking will help prolong the session. I dont have high hopes but i like to be surprised and proven wrong so we will see. I still think the Iris is what i really want for herbs though...

Last edited:

masaki

Yea they also just recently started allowing people to mix and match a pack of five so you don't have to get the same ohm carts in the package deal.

Since you are using the stage terminology, I assume you are running Cobb parts or at least an access port?

Yeah I'm using the cobb accessport stage 2 with sf intake.

masaki,
Reactions: Caligula

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I just convinced a friend of mine to buy a Persei and a 7.4v Hercules SR-71. I think he intends to use it with flower more than oil at the moment. If that's the case, would you recommend using the blue rod and if so, any recommendations on technique? I want to be able to help get him up and running as soon as he receives his gear. Also, do you need to put a screen above the heating rod or would you just pack the flower around the rod?

kindbeats,
Reactions: masaki

masaki

Hey guys do you have carrying cases for all your gear. I'm talking persei omicron carts hercules nibbler bender

Show me some pics how you guys organize your toys I'm excited to build up my collection.

masaki,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys do you have carrying cases for all your gear. I'm talking persei omicron carts hercules nibbler bender

Show me some pics how you guys organize your toys I'm excited to build up my collection.
PhotoRider and Bob L. have big collections.

Mine is tiny however gets me super medicated!

I have mine in drawers in my SMA (Stealth Medication Area)

I used a old poker chip case in the beginning however soon out grew it.

A member named "OF" got me on the 2.4 carts.
With a HERCULES SR71, BENDER, OMICRON, OPHOS and whatever else you should be covered.

Now it's a matter of medical inventory to keep the gear well fueled!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just convinced a friend of mine to buy a Persei and a 7.4v Hercules SR-71. I think he intends to use it with flower more than oil at the moment. If that's the case, would you recommend using the blue rod and if so, any recommendations on technique? I want to be able to help get him up and running as soon as he receives his gear. Also, do you need to put a screen above the heating rod or would you just pack the flower around the rod?

Okay heres my attempt at an answer for you.

First, not sure if your friend already made the purchase...if so hes probably stuck with the 7.4V white rod. The 3.7V blue rod is the other option, but as of a few weeks ago it wasnt available for purchase by itself, yet....you could still order it and get it with the herc but it wasnt available as a seperate option, which it maybe now or in the near future (probably when the black rod is finally released) but im just assuming...

Anyway, back on topic...
With the 7.4V white rod, you most likely are gonna need at least some oil in it otherwise youll most likely scorch the herbs. And yes you use a screen. What you do is load the coil with oil, buffer first (.2-0.5 depending on coil size) then add the oil you want to vaporize (another 0.2-0.5) once its melted into the coil, you place a screen on top and then add the herbs. Youll need to cut the coil at least in half in order to be able to have enough space for the herbs.

That method works great, but again you really need oil, i have not tried it without oil but without the coil and just herbs it will definitely burn. And im assuming the same would happen with a dry coil and herbs on top...again ive only used it with oil/herbs or just oil so i cant say for sure...

Th blue rod works without the coil. You basically just throw your herbs in there around and covering the rod without a coil and no screen is needed. Personally, ive only tried it a handful of times and i got mixed results. Vitolo has a video which was posted a few pages back so its definitely possible to get clouds. Which i hve gotten just not consistantly. And it also took me a good few minutes of just heating/pressingt he button in order to get those similar results...You can also throw in a little oil mixed in (still without the coil) and it works great.

The recommended procedure for the blue rod is to preheat it for at least 30 seconds and then feather/pulse the button to get the desired results. There is a shaking method (shake in between hits) which i havent tried but will try again and see if that works any better.

But so far the best ive gotten out of the blue rod is 2 good hits per load then whispy vapor or nothing. And those 2 good hits took a lot of work and patience to produce

Im gonna clean out my herc and switch back to the blue rod and give it another go this weekend but im currently out of ISO...ill report back with how the blue rod/just herbs works for me now that i have a better understanding

Mynameismud,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
1701? Moar info!

Well it was based on the 1701 technology.

No solder, and no Silica wick. The only difference is that its a LAyG system.

I am gonna say this. I really hate the wire technology in this. I really do, but if this is what the people want this is what they will get, and they are gonna be a reasonable price and better quality.

I really didnt want to put this out but it is going to be out in a month max.

Caligula

Maximus
The coil is out of focus. What is the wick made of? Glass rods (lol)? Also this is a prototype for a new cart?

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The coil is out of focus. What is the wick made of? Glass rods (lol)? Also this is a prototype for a new cart?

The wick is ceramic.

No this technology we have had for over 2 years. Just really wanted to walk away from wire tech. That is why i never put it out, but our board wants to go ahead and compete with all of these new companies.

Top Bottom