Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Robaba89

Ahahah awesome Vito!
The forums makin' my morning fun as usual.

Can't wait for my Persei anymore! Two weeks and five days later... it just arrived at the boulder post office. Should be priming up some carts tonight!

Robaba89,
Reactions: Vitolo

OF

Vitolo, sometimes your ride right up to the edge of making me laugh too hard. You know, when you're having trouble catching your breath while tunnel vision is trying to break through? Yeah, like that.

Right after breakfast, I can guarantee dozens of sick puppy wanna bes all over Vaporland are hard at work on their secret little shrines......

Thanks for making my morning so much more fun, I owe ya another one.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vitolo

JoeKickass

Are the as imr batteries better that the trustfire 18650's? they are more expensive.

DubC is right, if you like using double carts or the 1.5 ohm carts than you will notice a difference with the imr batteries.

But if you only use single 2.4 ohm carts the type of battery isn't really an issue and the cheaper battery will last longer.

OF

If I'm correct, IMR's give full power every button press. Yes they will hit fatter but also drain faster.

As I understand it this is an excellent way to look at them. They use a 'safer chemistry' (meaning in part no flames on bad failures) but have lower overall capacity (lower mAh ratings). The key to us is the safe chemistry isn't so vulnerable to discharge (it won't get destroyed by a single over discharge), so no protective circuit is needed. This means the internal resistance of those protective circuits isn't there causing power loss (and heating) in high current service (like we need). So, yes, more powerful (if only by a bit) and more uniform hits but fewer of them.

But without a board to protect it, we should be careful to stop when the battery gets weak. It's not good for this type to push it until it 'trips out', these guys don't trip.

Also, without a protection circuit there's no protection from overcharging like on most batteries with PCBs. A charger that allows them over 4.25 Volts, even briefly, will destroy them and you won't get your rated 500 cycles (which is already a fraction of other chemistry types) and fewer hits between charges at that.

Like everything else in life a trade off, but seems to me like a good one in this case.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
When it comes to energy needed at any given time, IMR is king. AW Imr's are the best hands down. They just take the abuse and keep on giving. I think the AW Imr brand has a discharge rate of 10c. If i am not mistaken that means it can discharge at full 10 amps. Thats enough current to please any attachment.

OF

I think the AW Imr brand has a discharge rate of 10c. If i am not mistaken that means it can discharge at full 10 amps. Thats enough current to please any attachment.

Sorry to cross you there, Big Guy, but once again you're being too modest. Yes, it seems to be rated at 10c all right, but that means 'ten times normal one hour rate', so it's ten times 1600 mAh divided by 1000 to get back to Amps again. Sixteen Amps max rate is the right spec. You are of course right, that's like 60 Watts darn near (for six minutes), that's enough to power say a Herbal Aire? Should be a 'great plenty' for anything not likely to singe your beard.

Can it handle 1.5's in a double configuration? safetly? Will there be 18350's available?

Yes, provided the rest of the circuit is up to it. Looks like it could drive six such carts...if you can suck that hard of course.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Can it handle 1.5's in a double configuration? safetly? Will there be 18350's available?

We have placed the order for the AW imrs and will be available shortly. Also 18350 trustfires are on the way also.

Doing dual 1.5 ohm is gonna be tricky, let me do some testing and ill let you know.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sorry to cross you there, Big Guy, but once again you're being too modest. Yes, it seems to be rated at 10c all right, but that means 'ten times normal one hour rate', so it's ten times 1600 mAh divided by 1000 to get back to Amps again. Sixteen Amps max rate is the right spec. You are of course right, that's like 60 Watts darn near (for six minutes), that's enough to power say a Herbal Aire? Should be a 'great plenty' for anything not likely to singe your beard.

Yes, provided the rest of the circuit is up to it. Looks like it could drive six such carts...if you can suck that hard of course.....

OF

Your right, i didnt calculate at 1600 mah, was using the 14650 numbers.

16 amps guys for the 18650 models.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Regarding all of my past issues I'm curious as to why I am not allowed to PURCHASE and PAY for shipping a replacement charger for my omicron from PlanetVape until my faulty double top reaches them? They said that you guys told them specifically that they were not allowed to ship me any of your products until the faulty top reaches them.

They also accused me of placing my charger order after reading and replying to the email that stated they couldn't ship me anything which is 100% untrue. They forgot about the 3 hour time difference between BC and Ontario. The email also told me I was pushing them into a bad spot they didn't want to be in among other things which is again, untrue. I have remained polite and happy through all of the problems I've encountered but this has kind of left me with a sour taste in my mouth. The tone of the email was very unfriendly and I wasn't expecting that from them seeing as I've had nothing but great service and polite replies up until now.

I apologize that it took me a few to send out, seeing as I was out of town for a couple days, but refusing to sell me a charger for a completely different product which I already own is a little bit ridiculous IMO.

Will you guys sell me a charger for my Omicron? Or are you standing behind what I've already been told?

Thanks G,

SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Regarding all of my past issues I'm curious as to why I am not allowed to PURCHASE and PAY for shipping a replacement charger for my omicron from PlanetVape until my faulty double top reaches them? They said that you guys told them specifically that they were not allowed to ship me any of your products until the faulty top reaches them.

They also accused me of placing my charger order after reading and replying to the email that stated they couldn't ship me anything which is 100% untrue. They forgot about the 3 hour time difference between BC and Ontario. The email also told me I was pushing them into a bad spot they didn't want to be in among other things which is again, untrue. I have remained polite and happy through all of the problems I've encountered but this has kind of left me with a sour taste in my mouth. The tone of the email was very unfriendly and I wasn't expecting that from them seeing as I've had nothing but great service and polite replies up until now.

I apologize that it took me a few to send out, seeing as I was out of town for a couple days, but refusing to sell me a charger for a completely different product which I already own is a little bit ridiculous IMO.

Will you guys sell me a charger for my Omicron? Or are you standing behind what I've already been told?

Thanks G,

SlideOrDie

Slide thank you for contacting us, but can we please take this to private message?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

Slide thank you for contacting us, but can we please take this to private message?

Sure thing boss. I apologize for the post but I am a little perturbed.

Not quite sure how to go about the pm? Do I just click on your name or is it on the Delta9 site?

Thanks G,

SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sure thing boss. I apologize for the post but I am a little perturbed.

Not quite sure how to go about the pm? Do I just click on your name or is it on the Delta9 site?

Thanks G,

SlideOrDie

click on our name and start a conversation. Ill start for you.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
O really? I'll admit I hadn't tried it but the math works out...

Joe you have a the tools to check voltages on the battery, you might get it to work, but if others who dont have it, will not read your posts, and will decide to try it and bam damage things around.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Joe you have a the tools to check voltages on the battery, you might get it to work, but if others who dont have it, will not read your posts, and will decide to try it and bam damage things around.

Yup. Dating married women works for some guys, few recommend it.

The back of my envelope says nominal puts you just over a line never intended to be ridden, hot off the charger and you're clearly over it. Even if it worked one time you can't say for sure it will the next with that exact same unit, let alone the next one down the line.

Keep it between the ditches, that's my take. Used as designed it should do fine push it to the wall (or in this case a bit past) often enough and it's likely to end.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom