Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

k3nd4l

I think you can now get married in Colorado.

You might like the high country?

OF
colorado .. cali .. washington ... i have some decisions to make after college.
any advice on how to get nice hits?

the way i was using it was slowly pulling on it while pressing the button down for 3-5 seconds letting go pressing down letting go pressing down letting go .. it worked great. just wondering how the rest of you go about it w. 2.4 carts

k3nd4l,
I've been enjoying the 5ohm cartridges which came with my Persei at 7.4v, but I wanted to try something new and was recently at The Cave in San Mateo, California. They had 1.5ohm cartridges for the Persei, and I bought one for $14 a few days ago. I just had a chance today to load it up with some nice ghost dawg wax made from nugs. I loaded 0.5g up into the fill tool and applied heat with a jet lighter to fill tool and the cartridge, while being careful not apply any heat to the lower half of the cartridge. Once loaded I inserted a freshly charged 3.7v battery into the persei held down the button for 3 seconds, I got a very small hit. I let it sit for a bit, then hit it again for 4 seconds, this time I got a tasty medium sized hit. Shortly after I tried to hit it again for 4 seconds, however it produced no vapor. I've tried to hit the 1.5ohm cartridge several more times in the 3.7v configuration, however it no larger warms up much and produces no vapor. What should I do? Contact THC Scientific, or maybe The Cave? I'm really bummed that my expensive medicine is now trapped in this seemingly defective cartridge. I've read a bit in this thread about reclaiming the wax but is the cartridge completely dead?

SunnyStefan,

OF

the way i was using it was slowly pulling on it while pressing the button down for 3-5 seconds letting go pressing down letting go pressing down letting go .. it worked great. just wondering how the rest of you go about it w. 2.4 carts

"Chain hitting" is I think the key or at least a major one. It's the tool that lets you get in duration what you can't do with volume in a shorter time. However you also get into 'resource management issues' as you push it up a notch. Avoiding feeding issues like plugs and leaks become issues as does controlling the heat in the reservoir from both a feed and an over cooking standpoint. Heat can build up there and cause things to change once the cart starts getting hot on the outside. The power is divided half and half, but half the total is overkill as time goes on. It's favored so short hits will work, but it matters when time gets longer than in say 15 seconds hits from cold.

And all that depends much on the concentrate used to determine what temperatures mean what. Harder stuff seems to fare better, but 'mid grades' seem to feed best over all to me.

BTW, the new little bubbler is a lot of fun, expensive for sure, but put a foot or so of hose on it so you can watch.....very cool. Drive the 2.4 right and that sucker goes real white and fun to watch.......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I bought Jam's used 3.7 herc so I can join that party. Dropped my bender yesterday. Cosmetic chip, but it still works. Just reminded me that the bender isn't a good travel friend. Best to use it when having a non-rushed session to relax. The herc should suit my portable needs better, but I still feel the bender has the best vapor QUALITY of any vape I've ever used.
I have the BENDER on my wish list!

ataxian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I love my bender, but its a poor "on the go vape" imo. I'd never want to take it hiking for fear of breaking it and its hard to use while moving, but on the other hand sitting somewhere nice having an unrushed session would be wonderful.

darkrom,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love my bender, but its a poor "on the go vape" imo. I'd never want to take it hiking for fear of breaking it and its hard to use while moving, but on the other hand sitting somewhere nice having an unrushed session would be wonderful.
I have some water tools from PLANET VAPE on their way.
Adapters (gong) and a bubbler to run my vapes through.
Have you tried the PERSEI cart through a water path?
I'm preparing my unit to convert my HERCULES produced vapor to go through a water path.

The BENDER is going to be a unit that will be in my padded man cave.
The first vape addition on my list to buy once it's finished..
I'm going to decorate with BLACK LIGHTS and Posters from the late 60's early 70's.
I need a proper medicating room the garage it getting old!

Back to the FUTURE only with a PERSEI WATER PATH setup!
I lOVE flavor and the BENDER with a water path must be the ULTIMATE medicating experience.
Need to work on the CAD Drawings for the next medical adventure!

KEEP ON TRUCK"N!

ataxian,

Stoned Ranger

God damn shit the bed
Hello comrades, this is my first time posting here, but as this is the site which persuaded me to by the Persei rather than the GPen, I figured I would give something back to the community.

As a vaporizer, I love the Omicron Persei. But the terrible new-cartridge taste dissuaded me (besides just preferring old fashion nail and dome) so much so that I never filled a cartridge after my first one. Next weekend though I am going to the beach and so I'll need to bring my Persei (in my in-design Soda Cup Camoflauge, so you can look like you're taking a drink while actually hitting the Persei) and so, I was thinking how to get rid of that nasty machine oil taste.

I came up with the idea of using a plastic syringe, like the kind used for feeding babies or water to cats, to take the nasty mechanical oil hits for me.

I couldn't find my plastic syringe so I used a bottle instead. Same idea. It's very difficult to press the button, hold the bottom of the bottle, and pull the bottle up at the same time (if you dont hold the bottle the mouth piece pops off), so it'd be best to do this with 2 people, but not impossible to do alone. I pressed the fill tool to my lips, used the end of that to press the button, and then used my hands to handle the bottle.

2ijnb4x.jpg

It worked and successfully removed any nasty taste by the 2nd draw after filling the cartridge. The 1st hit had very very little taste of it.

Stoned Ranger,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I have some water tools from PLANET VAPE on their way.
Adapters (gong) and a bubbler to run my vapes through.
Have you tried the PERSEI cart through a water path?
I'm preparing my unit to convert my HERCULES produced vapor to go through a water path.

The BENDER is going to be a unit that will be in my padded man cave.
The first vape addition on my list to buy once it's finished..
I'm going to decorate with BLACK LIGHTS and Posters from the late 60's early 70's.
I need a proper medicating room the garage it getting old!

Back to the FUTURE only with a PERSEI WATER PATH setup!
I lOVE flavor and the BENDER with a water path must be the ULTIMATE medicating experience.
Need to work on the CAD Drawings for the next medical adventure!

KEEP ON TRUCK"N!

I've never used my persei for anything other than the bender. Right now I made some QWISO myself, but I think I'd rather get the 7.4 herc when its done to try it in. Not sure, but I've been using little dabs in my cloud so far and I think I like that better than the idea of the carts.

I've got a 3.7 herc on the way from Jam so that should be nice as well. Even though I'm yet to use it for oils, I love my persei.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hello comrades, this is my first time posting here, but as this is the site which persuaded me to by the Persei rather than the GPen, I figured I would give something back to the community.

As a vaporizer, I love the Omicron Persei. But the terrible new-cartridge taste dissuaded me (besides just preferring old fashion nail and dome) so much so that I never filled a cartridge after my first one. Next weekend though I am going to the beach and so I'll need to bring my Persei (in my in-design Soda Cup Camoflauge, so you can look like you're taking a drink while actually hitting the Persei) and so, I was thinking how to get rid of that nasty machine oil taste.

I came up with the idea of using a plastic syringe, like the kind used for feeding babies or water to cats, to take the nasty mechanical oil hits for me.

I couldn't find my plastic syringe so I used a bottle instead. Same idea. It's very difficult to press the button, hold the bottom of the bottle, and pull the bottle up at the same time (if you dont hold the bottle the mouth piece pops off), so it'd be best to do this with 2 people, but not impossible to do alone. I pressed the fill tool to my lips, used the end of that to press the button, and then used my hands to handle the bottle.

2ijnb4x.jpg

It worked and successfully removed any nasty taste by the 2nd draw after filling the cartridge. The 1st hit had very very little taste of it.

I'm sorry, but what exactly is going on here? How is this method removing the foul taste?

Stoned Ranger

God damn shit the bed
I'm sorry, but what exactly is going on here? How is this method removing the foul taste?
The water bottle sucks up the air. It takes the machine oil tasting hits FOR you. You just pull up on the water bottle and it sucks air through the persei and fills it with the nasty vapors.

Stoned Ranger,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The water bottle sucks up the air. It takes the machine oil tasting hits FOR you. You just pull up on the water bottle and it sucks air through the persei and fills it with the nasty vapors.

Sounds like you need a differenn cart man. I have used about half dozen carts and have never experienced the taste you described. Honestly if my vapor tasted bad enough that i felt i HAD to filter it before use, i wouldnt use my persei :2c:

Vaping on a 5ohm with og oil right meow.....

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

This is beyond overboard in my personal opinion and as Puffers mentioned, if the problem was really that substantial, I wouldn't use my Persei. I hate the taste of the regular carts that I've had, so I just don't use them and upgraded to the Hercules 7.4v. Best tasting hits I've had, no syringes or bottles needed. Just quality meds. :)

kindbeats,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've never used my persei for anything other than the bender. Right now I made some QWISO myself, but I think I'd rather get the 7.4 herc when its done to try it in. Not sure, but I've been using little dabs in my cloud so far and I think I like that better than the idea of the carts.

I've got a 3.7 herc on the way from Jam so that should be nice as well. Even though I'm yet to use it for oils, I love my persei.
I have been favoring waxes over flowers because their so easy to vape in a cart.
Don't take me the wrong way. I love flowers however its harder to medicate quickly like I can with concentrates. The 7.4 HERCULES with the upgrades will really be the ticket. I think the IRIS V2 would compliment the HERCULES PERSEI Combination. Otherwise I will play with different battery configurations until it's worked out!

ataxian,

exit

Have those of you with bad tasting cartridges primed, or done the pre-oxidization thing (where you heat it up for about 3 seconds and then let it cool for 20 and then do that about 10 times) before filling?

Waiting on my cartridges and all that stuff to arrive from PV, but I'd like to know about this before I fill a cartridge!

I can't wait to hear more about your guys experiences with the 7.4 Hercules though. My NO2 isn't kicking my ass like it used to be and I might need to replace it, haha! Plus it takes a little too long to load and unpack.

exit,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Have those of you with bad tasting cartridges primed, or done the pre-oxidization thing (where you heat it up for about 3 seconds and then let it cool for 20 and then do that about 10 times) before filling?

Waiting on my cartridges and all that stuff to arrive from PV, but I'd like to know about this before I fill a cartridge!

I can't wait to hear more about your guys experiences with the 7.4 Hercules though. My NO2 isn't kicking my ass like it used to be and I might need to replace it, haha! Plus it takes a little too long to load and unpack.

The general consensus is that pre-oxidation hurts more than helps. While you might be getting rid of those "machine-oil" flavors, you run the greater risk of losing the cart by running it dry. Doesn't balance out. Most times people will load up, and any bad flavors go away after the first initial hits, but I haven't been getting any bad flavor filling without pre-oxidation.

OF

Oh, boy, do we ever. At least some of us. That routine and others. Many of us were also part of a big old test where D9 (then THC Scientific) mailed out five specially preoxidized test carts, four Ohmers, I still have one in fact. An improvement in initial taste I think most would agree, minor but real, gone after a few hits.

However (isn't there always?) other problems came up. All four of my test carts ended up leaking eventually. Leakers also show up for end users who try it sometimes. Guys 'looking for the glow' also tend to do dry burns, they too enjoy problems afterwards.

Depending on how sensitive you are there are smells and tastes associated with the hot metal that have nothing to do with being clean. "Taste free" is not happening. It's quickly covered up by the oil and the taste/smell is thereafter trapped. You can, however, wreck a good cart trying. My advice remains 'don't do dry burns for any reason'. They can (and usually do) cause more problems than they fix. The gain potential is small, the downside bad. Leakers cost you a new cart and .2 grams of your goods each time at the minimum.

OF

exit

Ok, good to know, thanks, I was ready to burn my cartridges dry!

I know about that metallic taste... I've used my NO2 multiple times daily for the last couple years and that can get a little nasty tasting from time to time.

How bad's the leaking problem with the newest batches of carts? I was only going to fill them up before using them, not have filled carts lying around to get problems.

exit,

OF

How bad's the leaking problem with the newest batches of carts? I was only going to fill them up before using them, not have filled carts lying around to get problems.

If you follow the directions and load half a gram at a time being careful to control the heat correctly you should be just fine with 2.4s at 3.7 Volts. Higher power carts call for more skill to keep running but the basic cart filled correctly should do you fine.

OF

OF,
Reactions: exit

Stoned Ranger

God damn shit the bed
Sounds like you need a differenn cart man. I have used about half dozen carts and have never experienced the taste you described. Honestly if my vapor tasted bad enough that i felt i HAD to filter it before use, i wouldnt use my persei :2c:

Vaping on a 5ohm with og oil right meow.....
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I have experienced the disgusting taste with every cartridge I've used (granted it's only been 2), both 5.0 Ohm. I have not even bothered trying without pre-oxidizing because the smell is overwhelming without even turning the heating element on to the fresh cartridge, so it was an additional step to pre-oxidation to manually remove the vapors rather than just passively wait for them to waft out. I have, however, never experienced a leak.

Stoned Ranger,
Reactions: GR

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I have experienced the disgusting taste with every cartridge I've used (granted it's only been 2), both 5.0 Ohm. I have not even bothered trying without pre-oxidizing because the smell is overwhelming without even turning the heating element on to the fresh cartridge, so it was an additional step to pre-oxidation to manually remove the vapors rather than just passively wait for them to waft out. I have, however, never experienced a leak.

I'm really sensitive to taste for some reason?

For me the purest most powerful flavor was from the HERCULES.
I will wait for some of the updates to be made to the HERCULES to resume medicating with this attachment.

In the meantime the 2.4 carts have a pleasant flavor with the least amount of issues.

The 5.0 carts are powerful and I find the flavor is adulterated however I get really #$%^@ UP from them.

I consider the 5.0 carts RECREATIONAL.

The 2.4 in my case are more for their medical application.

I need to try the other carts since my experience is limited to the 2.4 and the 5.0 carts.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can

The 5's tend not to taste as great as 2.4's to begin with, maybe try the lower ohms for better taste? I find all oils I run through the 5's have a kind of almond-like taste as long as I keep the cart filled well. Not tasty but not metallic / mechanic.

To each their own; if it's working for you, keep going!

GR

I have never had a problem pre oxidizing cart over the last year plus. There was a time when it was mandatory, something was creating vapor before adding any oils, I have not received any carts from D9 that needed pre oxidizing in a long time however I got an order from PV that absolutely does.

The advice not to pre oxidize is a wise one when it comes to the masses not being able to follow simple directions, many users burned out their carts looking for the glow, then added oil to a dead cart, end result is pissed off people. The taste you describe made me toss many of a cart and its contents, I never knew what that taste was, what that mystery vapor was and has no intention of putting it in my body. I repeat though I have not received an order of carts from d9 that had this mystery vape come out of it in a long time, doesn't mean I don't check with a few very short bursts of the button to check before loading oil. This is my method and it is not a recommended on so do it at the risk of your cart. I always check 4ohm and 5ohm at 3.7v not at 7.4v, the higher 7.4v is so quick to respond that damage to the cart happens very quick.

5ohm carts at 7.4v are my favorite, thick vapor and with short heat burst very flavorful, easy to burn the oil with heavy button use. 2.4 ohm carts at 3.7v is easy flavorful not going to cough vaping.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have never had a problem pre oxidizing cart over the last year plus. There was a time when it was mandatory, something was creating vapor before adding any oils, I have not received any carts from D9 that needed pre oxidizing in a long time however I got an order from PV that absolutely does.

The advice not to pre oxidize is a wise one when it comes to the masses not being able to follow simple directions, many users burned out their carts looking for the glow, then added oil to a dead cart, end result is pissed off people. The taste you describe made me toss many of a cart and its contents, I never knew what that taste was, what that mystery vapor was and has no intention of putting it in my body. I repeat though I have not received an order of carts from d9 that had this mystery vape come out of it in a long time, doesn't mean I don't check with a few very short bursts of the button to check before loading oil. This is my method and it is not a recommended on so do it at the risk of your cart. I always check 4ohm and 5ohm at 3.7v not at 7.4v, the higher 7.4v is so quick to respond that damage to the cart happens very quick.

5ohm carts at 7.4v are my favorite, thick vapor and with short heat burst very flavorful, easy to burn the oil with heavy button use. 2.4 ohm carts at 3.7v is easy flavorful not going to cough vaping.
I must be the biggest light weight?
2 stems of BUBBA KUSH in the SOLO (REALLY FROSTY)
5 rips 5.0 cart with 2 x 18350's GIRL SCOUT COOKIES BUDDER
5 rips 2.4 cart with 1 x 18350 (SHORTY) LOUIE XIII CRUMBLED
5 rips 2.4 cart with 1 x 18650 (SS TUBE) GIRL SCOUT COOKIES BRITILE

No LEAKS & NO CLOGS!

Back to bed!

Top Bottom