Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Adobewan

Wanted to let you guys know, G instructed me on how to set up my ThermoVape Revolution up to my Persei and it made for an interesting experiment.
With one of the adaptors the Revolution becomes very much like another Persei cartridge, fits in my cart jar with the others perfectly. What was worth noting was the speed and density of the vapor produced with the Revolution on the Persei, compared to it on the ThermoVape, in fact, if you were thinking about getting a ThermoVape and Revolution, specifically for concentrates, consider just getting the Rev for your Persei.
But, I then put a 4 Ohm Persei cart on the Persei, and as usual, got a lung buster, much larger than from the Rev.

...and I charge my Persei batteries every three or so days.
I admire the design and durability of the ThermoVape, glad it's in my collection, but the Persei has made my Revolution some what obsolete, basically, an expensive Persei cart.

And for those who got a double Omicron with the case, the Persei fits into the Omicron case perfectly as well.

Adobewan,

hatfieldsmama

Adobewan said:
Wanted to let you guys know, G instructed me on how to set up my ThermoVape Revolution up to my Persei and it made for an interesting experiment.
With one of the adaptors the Revolution becomes very much like another Persei cartridge, fits in my cart jar with the others perfectly. What was worth noting was the speed and density of the vapor produced with the Revolution on the Persei, compared to it on the ThermoVape, in fact, if you were thinking about getting a ThermoVape and Revolution, specifically for concentrates, consider just getting the Rev for your Persei.
But, I then put a 4 Ohm Persei cart on the Persei, and as usual, got a lung buster, much larger than from the Rev.

I admire the design and durability of the ThermoVape, glad it's in my collection, but the Persei has made my Revolution some what obsolete, basically, an expensive Persei cart.

And for those who got a double Omicron with the case, the Persei fits into the Omicron case perfectly as well.

awesome, exactly the review i was lookin for... ordering a persei as soon as i get the loot

hatfieldsmama,

SlideOrDie

hatfieldsmama said:
SlideOrDie said:
What do you guys think?

lemme know how it goes.... what types of oils are going in? thats the biggest factor.... all of em are so different

Will do, I make my own BHO from AAA buds. I have a half pound of Master Kush that I'll be running for a month or so still. I don't really smoke or vape flowers anymore, just use them for BHO runs :)

SlideOrDie,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
SlideOrDie said:
Here's a stainless cartridge stand I made for filling and standing in the oven. Talked to delta9's staff and I'm going to try pre heating the BHO and the cart in the oven at 125* then scrape 0.8g and put that in the fill tool and then put it back it in the oven at 125* for 5-10 mins.

I'm curious to see if it will fill the cart perfectly with less bubbles. This way I would be able to do multiple carts at once without any effort :)

I am also going to try a digital temp controlled heat gun at 125* if the oven doesn't work as planned :)

http://i44.tinypic.com/r7maae.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/Am7ykEVCMAA7Vpo.jpg

What do you guys think?

At that low temp couldn't you also just use a block of wood (for those of us without access to chunks of stainless)?

Sinclue,

hatfieldsmama

SlideOrDie said:
hatfieldsmama said:
SlideOrDie said:
What do you guys think?

lemme know how it goes.... what types of oils are going in? thats the biggest factor.... all of em are so different

Will do, I make my own BHO from AAA buds. I have a half pound of Master Kush that I'll be running for a month or so still. I don't really smoke or vape flowers anymore, just use them for BHO runs :)

cool, bho from straight nugs usually yields the best shit for this purpose imo. Its not runny and melts perfectly for these cartridges

hatfieldsmama,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Adobewan said:
With one of the adaptors the Revolution becomes very much like another Persei cartridge, fits in my cart jar with the others perfectly.

Where do you get the "adaptors" you mentioned? Does the Persei come with?

Sinclue,

SlideOrDie

Sinclue said:
At that low temp couldn't you also just use a block of wood (for those of us without access to chunks of stainless)?

I had one made from wood but I wanted it to be oven safe so I machined one out of stainless :)

hatfieldsmama said:
cool, bho from straight nugs usually yields the best shit for this purpose imo. Its not runny and melts perfectly for these cartridges

Yeah I also have a few buddies with Omicrons that I fill carts for as well... this MK BHO is deadly :)

SlideOrDie,

OF

SlideOrDie said:
Here's a stainless cartridge stand I made for filling and standing in the oven. Talked to delta9's staff and I'm going to try pre heating the BHO and the cart in the oven at 125* then scrape 0.8g and put that in the fill tool and then put it back it in the oven at 125* for 5-10 mins.

I'm curious to see if it will fill the cart perfectly with less bubbles. This way I would be able to do multiple carts at once without any effort :)

I am also going to try a digital temp controlled heat gun at 125* if the oven doesn't work as planned :)

What do you guys think?

Neat idea, wrong material. You want high thermal conductivity, not low. Looked at the other way, it's an insulating blanket we don't want. Stainless is a poor heat conductor. You want Al or maybe even brass (although as I recall 'specific heat' is worse with brass which can slow things down again). Or perhaps better still would be a high temp plastic. Fastest to heat and cool, least time 'at full temperature' in the oven needed to do the job (therefore less degradation of the oil). A loose fit of the rack and forced convection in the oven is probably a good feature. Maybe even make it an open rack, a couple of plates like a test tube rack?

A 'positive displacement pump' might be an interesting way to meter the heated oil out, the adhesives guys are half way there......

Fun thoughts.

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

OF said:
Neat idea, wrong material. You want high thermal conductivity, not low. Looked at the other way, it's an insulating blanket we don't want. Stainless is a poor heat conductor. You want Al or maybe even brass (although as I recall 'specific heat' is worse with brass which can slow things down again). Or perhaps better still would be a high temp plastic. Fastest to heat and cool, least time 'at full temperature' in the oven needed to do the job (therefore less degradation of the oil). A loose fit of the rack and forced convection in the oven is probably a good feature. Maybe even make it an open rack, a couple of plates like a test tube rack?

A 'positive displacement pump' might be an interesting way to meter the heated oil out, the adhesives guys are half way there......

Fun thoughts.

OF

It was just for a stand, I'm not too concerned about how well it conducts heat since it's not going to be in there for very long;)

That being said, I also have access to aluminum and will make one out of aluminum as well to test your theory, but I doubt it will make much of a difference because of the short period of time.

SlideOrDie,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sinclue said:
Adobewan said:
With one of the adaptors the Revolution becomes very much like another Persei cartridge, fits in my cart jar with the others perfectly.

Where do you get the "adaptors" you mentioned? Does the Persei come with?

PlanetVape sells the adapters...

jambandphan03,

OF

SlideOrDie said:
It was just for a stand, I'm not too concerned about how well it conducts heat since it's not going to be in there for very long;)

That being said, I also have access to aluminum and will make one out of aluminum as well to test your theory, but I doubt it will make much of a difference because of the short period of time.

Cool. We're on the same page, I'm just saying 'make that short period as short as possible'. You need to get the inside up to a given temperature but probably only for a very short period of time as the flow will continue as it cools? Fun experiment. Thermodynamics for good this time!

BTW, what did THC say was the max temperature you can take the seals to?

Please let us know how it works out?

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

OF said:
Cool. We're on the same page, I'm just saying 'make that short period as short as possible'. You need to get the inside up to a given temperature but probably only for a very short period of time as the flow will continue as it cools? Fun experiment. Thermodynamics for good this time!

BTW, what did THC say was the max temperature you can take the seals to?

Please let us know how it works out?

OF

Yeah, I'm going to make the aluminum one later today. I'll let you guys know how it all works out tomorrow hopefully :)

They said no more than 125*-150* but to stay around 125 if you want to be 100% sure.

I always thought the carts themselves got hotter than 125* when hitting my Omicron? Maybe I'm just mistaken, but the carts get really really hot if you take a huge hit (6-8 6 second hits).

SlideOrDie,

OF

SlideOrDie said:
They said no more than 125*-150* but to stay around 125 if you want to be 100% sure.

I always thought the carts themselves got hotter than 125* when hitting my Omicron? Maybe I'm just mistaken, but the carts get really really hot if you take a huge hit (6-8 6 second hits).

I should think places in the cart get hotter than that as well. However, what counts is the temperature at the seals. In our case, there is no heat sink from the battery to save us, everything comes to the working temperature.

FWIW that's the sort of temperature advice I recall for such materials. An upper temperature that is quick death and a slightly lower one that you can hold for a much longer time. Obviously we'd like to be there for a short time.

Thanks for the additional information, good luck.

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac
I have never heard of anyone melting a seal. I have hit some carts really hard with a lighter. Did not do anything. I even took them apart to look at the seals. Nothing. I tried hard to melt them and could not see any noticeable difference. Has anyone ever got one too hot?

bruno13,

DubCRider

I've melted out a cart with a lighter and refilled, no issues. It may have been luck....

I'm pretty sure all companies cover their ass with warnings that are more serious then needed.

DubCRider,

Darb

I must be overheating all of my carts.
I had six.
Ruined one my own fault.
One just gave out after a few grams.
Of the four I have left, three leak. Still useable but you just have to clean out the bottom hole once in a while.

Darb,

DubCRider

How bad of a leak? Many ways to address this.

1. Pull harder
2. Don't prime without pulling
3. Don't store it in a warm/hot place

A small amount of oil is common. If drops of oil leak often then the seal is gone or the cart is damaged in some way.

DubCRider,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Adobewan said:

THANK YOU for posting this, i was SO curious how the rev works on it. Seems like not a reason to go outa your way for, but a very reliable backup til you can get your hands on more carts.

Xchadb,

SlideOrDie

THC is there any chance that you guys will come out with a carrying case for the Persei like what is shown to come with the V2 Omicron pictured below?

112__30597_zoom.jpg

SlideOrDie,

SlideOrDie

DubCRider said:
The Persei box is pretty tough. It's like an IPhone box, very profesional.

Yeah but it would have been nice to have an actual case for the unit so you don't have to carry it around in a box that has a loose top with writing all over it... not very stealth IMO :(

The Omicron v2 case looks very similar to a jewellery box you get when buying a nice necklace or bracelet :)

A case would have been nice seeing as the Persei is the bigger more expensive brother of the Omicron.

Guess I'll have to shop around for something custom :)

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
DubCRider said:
The Persei box is pretty tough. It's like an IPhone box, very profesional.

Yeah but it would have been nice to have an actual case for the unit so you don't have to carry it around in a box that has a loose top with writing all over it... not very stealth IMO :(

The Omicron v2 case looks very similar to a jewellery box you get when buying a nice necklace or bracelet :)

A case would have been nice seeing as the Persei is the bigger more expensive brother of the Omicron.

Guess I'll have to shop around for something custom :)

We are working on a case, but it fits into the old omicron case, but still looking at something different.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

hatfieldsmama

can someone give us a review and/or video of some 3.0 ohm cartridges at 7 volts ;) wanna see the big clouds

hatfieldsmama,

SlideOrDie

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
We are working on a case, but it fits into the old omicron case, but still looking at something different.

Nice, I'm looking forward to the Persei case! Hopefully there will be a spot in it for extra batteries and all of the accessories as well as the LCD top :)

SlideOrDie,
Top Bottom