Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

SlideOrDie

kingcrimson said:
Just ordered mine. So excited! :D

Question to anyone: the carts supplied in the kit, 4 ohm carts, are given the three asterisk rating at 3.7ohm on the cart-chart. So in it's shipping configuration, it'll have a single "mild" hitting config, a dual cart "mild" hitter, both at 3.7, and a single and double cart heavy hitting config at 7.4 - correct?

According to the chart the 4ohm carts are not compatible with the 3.7v setup as it wouldn't produce enough heat. Hence why they're marked with red and not green :)

I think the shipping setup is mainly to impress at 7.4v until the 1.5ohm carts become available.

Running 7.4v with the 4ohm cartridge they say it should produce about 5x the vapor of the omicron with about 15% less battery life.

Here is the direct quote from PlanteVape.ca Persei FAQ tab -

"Q. How long will by batteries last?

A. Things to factor in are, single cart mode, dual cartridge mode, Imr Batteries, Li ion, LifePo4, cartridge Ohms, and how long the button is pressed. With this many variations it is very difficult to determine for each users variences.

Single Cartridge @ 3.7v 1600 mAh imr with a 2.4ohm cartridge will give you about 70% more life then the Omicron

A 2000+mAh li ion will get you 210% more life then the Omicron

Single cartridge @7.4v Imr with a 4.0 ohm cartridge will give you about 15% less life then the omicron, but about 5x the vapor.

Double cartridge mode will just drain the batteries faster."

SlideOrDie,

kingcrimson

okay so then there is only the 7.4 config that works with the kit as is, otherwise you need to buy different ohm carts. got it, thanks.

(also apparently am color blind lol)

kingcrimson,

SlideOrDie

Delta9 and PlanetVape.ca both don't have the 18350 protected batteries listed yet.

I was just wondering if I'd be ok ordering any other protected 18350 batteries from a different place?

So far I have been able to find:

Trustfire 18350 Protected for $4.99 each
UltraFire 18350 Protected for $5.79 each

Which ones should I order?

I will need a second set ASAP as I don't want to run out and then have to wait for them to charge.

SlideOrDie,

OF

kingcrimson said:
Just ordered mine. So excited! :D

Question to anyone: the carts supplied in the kit, 4 ohm carts, are given the three asterisk rating at 3.7ohm on the cart-chart. So in it's shipping configuration, it'll have a single "mild" hitting config, a dual cart "mild" hitter, both at 3.7, and a single and double cart heavy hitting config at 7.4 - correct?

That's my understanding as well.

You also have the option of putting CR123 cells (two of 'em) from 'the drugstore' in and running "ideal" hitter at 6.0 Volts. Gotta buy more (I'm guessing quarter to half a gram a set???), but it has potential.

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

jambandphan03 said:
any protected 18350 batteries with a high mah rating should work as far as I understand it.

That's what I figured but I was just reading a few reviews on various 18350's and some people have said newer ones are slightly longer than the older 18350's so I'm hoping that won't cause a problem.

I'll probably order a few different sets and test to see which are the best :)

SlideOrDie,

Darb

Updated Delivery : 2012/03/05
Delivery date changed : Item was received by Canada Post after cut-off time.

Great!!! Glad I paid extra money for my package to show up on Friday. Probably could have went with the free shipping and received it at the same time.

Canada post strikes out again......no surprise

Darb,

DubCRider

There is no timeout on the Persei. Battery size doesn't matter because the negative terminal can be adjusted to fit any batteries.

DubCRider,

SlideOrDie

DubCRider said:
There is no timeout on the Persei. Battery size doesn't matter because the negative terminal can be adjusted to fit any batteries.

Haha thank you Dub you're a life saver :D

Darb said:
Updated Delivery : 2012/03/05
Delivery date changed : Item was received by Canada Post after cut-off time.

Great!!! Glad I paid extra money for my package to show up on Friday. Probably could have went with the free shipping and received it at the same time.

Canada post strikes out again......no surprise

Damn man that really sucks :(

Are you in the US?

SlideOrDie,

2clicker

Observer
PlanetVape said:
[h]HAMMER TIME[/h]

P5Ca9.jpg

ill bet i could get a DBV heater cover over that and use it like a Hakko mod minus the power cord... :brow:

until the flower cart comes out of course ;)

2clicker,

SlideOrDie

Darb said:
No. I'm in Canada SlideOrDie.

Damn man that sucks, I hope I don't get one of these updated emails too :( You aren't in B.C. by any chance are you?

FWIW I really dislike Canada Post as well... they seem quite lazy. I have had much better luck with DHL for my shipping purposes.

SlideOrDie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
SlideOrDie said:
FWIW I really dislike Canada Post as well... they seem quite lazy. I have had much better luck with DHL for my shipping purposes.

Well, like most public postal services, Canada Post is lazy. DHL is a private courrier company. You can't compare the two. The services don't cost the same either. It's like comparing UPS and USPS...

Vaporisateur,

Darb

SlideOrDie said:
Darb said:
No. I'm in Canada SlideOrDie.

Damn man that sucks, I hope I don't get one of these updated emails too :( You aren't in B.C. by any chance are you?

Nah. Alberta. Northern Alberta. I'll be lucky to have the persei by next Friday...
Anyways, can't wait to start seeing some reviews on here!

Darb,

SlideOrDie

Vaporisateur said:
SlideOrDie said:

Well, like most public postal services, Canada Post is lazy. DHL is a private courrier company. You can't compare the two. The services don't cost the same either. It's like comparing UPS and USPS...

IMHO There can't be much of a difference in price since I've had stuff in 14x12x4" boxes that definitely weighs more than the Persei shipped out of Ohio, and took two days to arrive in Canada. The cost was less than shipping the Persei from Onatario to B.C via Canada Post Xpresspost.

SlideOrDie,

SlideOrDie

So with the hammer tip could we effectively use this as a self defense weapon as well? JK :)

IF the tip glows like a hakko I bet it would do some crazy damage lol...

SlideOrDie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
SlideOrDie said:
Vaporisateur said:
SlideOrDie said:

IMHO There can't be much of a difference in price since I've had stuff in 14x12x4" boxes that definitely weighs more than the Persei shipped out of Ohio, and took two days to arrive in Canada. The cost was less than shipping the Persei from Onatario to B.C via Canada Post Xpresspost.

Good to know! Always thought that Xpresspost was a rip off anyway :rolleyes:

Vaporisateur,
SlideOrDie said:
So with the hammer tip could we effectively use this as a self defense weapon as well? JK :)

IF the tip glows like a hakko I bet it would do some crazy damage lol...

I like this guy, good thinking! :lol:

charliedontsurf,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:

Damn you! Made me laugh with a lungful now I burn :lol:

J.R.R.Tokin',

jambandphan03

in flavor country
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys this is the Persei battery video. Not the best but something real quick.

http://youtu.be/O6KZTjV4yJE

Well done on the Persei, well thought out, with the adjustable battery chamber. I won't be getting one from the first batch, but I would like to get one eventually when I have more extra $ to burn. This forum is dangerous, my CC bill is getting out of control trying all these products. It is fun though. Looking forward to seeing how the first run is reviewed. :)

jambandphan03,

druminfected

THC SCIENTIFIC said:

I love all your informative youtube videos you make for us, to keep us in the loop of progress, but can you please use a headset when making the videos or turn down the mic volume? Most of the videos you post, sometime the voice gets to loud and it distorts terribly. No biggy just some constructive criticism. :)

also on the D9V site, in the product description it says, "No returns or exchanges and all sales are final once product is shipped. Cartridges can only be used with the Omicron Vaporizer." for all the extract cartridges. You might want to change this so people know you can use them with the persei as well. :)

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
druminfected said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

I love all your informative youtube videos you make for us, to keep us in the loop of progress, but can you please use a headset when making the videos or turn down the mic volume? Most of the videos you post, sometime the voice gets to loud and it distorts terribly. No biggy just some constructive criticism. :)

also on the D9V site, in the product description it says, "No returns or exchanges and all sales are final once product is shipped. Cartridges can only be used with the Omicron Vaporizer." for all the extract cartridges. You might want to change this so people know you can use them with the persei as well. :)

Thank you for pointing that out. On it now.

And its Done.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom