• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.2%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.4%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.6%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 54 21.0%

• Total voters

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IMHO the long abstinence’s don’t really do anything more than just tapering down would accomplish.

Seen so many people take a long break and when they come back their usage frequency causes them to quickly plateau to the same tolerance they had before.

You can only really vape so many times in a 24hr period if you truly want to feel stoned.

:leaf:

gotbadvas

yeah that could be it.... the side effects come often to people who vape 10-20 bowls a day or so...
I get horrible effects from cessation to be honest. I use for a medical condition and don't like doing the breaks. I had to take an over 2 year break because of how sick I became at one point and couldn't go anywhere. Make sure you don't have a vitamin deficiency or something that can make things worse. I masked my condition for over 20 years and almost died.

GoldenBud

I get horrible effects from cessation to be honest. I use for a medical condition and don't like doing the breaks. I had to take an over 2 year break because of how sick I became at one point and couldn't go anywhere.
I quit because I want to save 6000$ a year, and I hate the feeling when you're coming back from work, and feeling so eager to find your bubbler and take hit after hit. I want to be free from this substance for long time...
I don't have any medical issue other than maybe ADHD and weed helped me a lot during my studies, which ended 1.5 year ago.

gotbadvas

I don't like to talk about it because of what happened to me and I know it sounds goofy but try taking a high quality B vitamin supplement please. You don't want to deal with the worst case scenario of B1 deficiency or something. I am lucky I have any memory at all.

GoldenBud

I don't like to talk about it because of what happened to me and I know it sounds goofy but try taking a high quality B vitamin supplement please. You don't want to deal with the worst case scenario of B1 deficiency or something. I am lucky I have any memory at all.
Just a random multivitamin from iHerb will so it right? Taking now.
but I'm doing a mini break until the BAKx arrived, then after testing will continue the long break. my plan is not buying weed anymore for the next 6 monthes atleast, will see how it goes.

Last edited:

gotbadvas

I take the thorne b complex #12 but I actually also take 100mg of TTFD daily and was taking up to 600mg per day. High dose thiamine can cause a paradoxical reaction if you have a real low level and start replenishing it. I am not kidding when I first stated taking it was by far the strongest thing I have ever taken. It is like a drug therapy if you need it.

gotbadvas,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

here comes the side effects....sweating etc, chills, a bit weak
ok 1 single 330ml beer definately helps.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: gotbadvas

hoptimum

I took a break starting Jan. 11 for health reasons and didn't miss it. Since then I've used infused MCT oil twice. Ultimately I'll go back to vaping since I don't see the downside to my condition. But I also believe I'll cut down my consumption overall, just as I have in my diet. The biggest obstacle for me is the urge to eat stuff I shouldn't be eating when I'm lifted.

It's an individual choice, and everyone should do what works for them.

hoptimum

that's what I feel each T-break, a pizza becomes a must to eat. but I limit myself to 8 slices per week. also on a diet etc'
you're still on a break? how about the daily routine etc'? a bit bored but finding things to do?

Thanks for asking
Yes I feel like I am doing more. I try to take a brisk walk once a day for a couple miles for my health and also because it just feels good. I've also been reading and cooking more. Overall, I feel I'm more mindful.
I've also greatly reduced my alcohol consumption, though I wasn't a big drinker. I haven't had any beer or spirits, Just a glass of wine at dinner

gotbadvas

It's funny I don't really get munchies when I am high. Alcohol will have me going to get a Sheetz MTO with every hot pepper available on it. I very very rarely drink anymore. I have a very strict medical diet I guess you would call it. I can't have any sweets, bread, tomato, very little fruit etc. It's helping, I can finally gain weight back now. I could lose 8 lbs in one day at one point and gain it back in the next 2. I have taken t breaks of multiple years and don't notice any big changes in appetite either way.

I do take 30 minute walks every morning or afternoon if I can manage it. My knee and hip are wrecked but I try to stick to it and I do notice a lot of positives. Usually I take a hit before my walk but either way it does it's thing.

GoldenBud

It's funny I don't really get munchies when I am high.
Same. Except for when I'm having the strain of Ghost Train haze. But even then I eat some protein and veggies and all good, plus or minus. But from the second day of a T-break? Hell, I can't resist tasty food. Ice creams a bit and a pizza, some chocolate too.

Probably the hybrid strains or any other indica strain is easier to escape munch? Even not thinking about it?

Smokey

Cloud Master
How do you guys approach your t-break? I usually will vape 1.5-2g a day but may need to stop for work. It seems like it is easy for everyone on this form (I know this is an assumption and ppl deal with withdrawals). I get major withdrawals and just feel horrible Do you guys taper down (getting ready for a t-break) or just stop cold Turkey?
When I quit cold turkey, I had night body sweats and quite mood swings, mild depressive. When I tried tapering it down in the week before the stop, slowly reducing quantity and frequency everyday until stop, it went better as for body reactions, but kinda the same for psychological depressive ones, I gotta say. I always used it daily for years, but every once in a while I'll do a t-break for a month or so. It's never been a walk in the park for me I gotta admit, but the worst days I reckon are like 4-10 days after you stop using. Then after a couple of weeks from the start of the break you'll start regaining progressive energies, motivation and confidence you can do it just fine. But first days and nights can't say they've been so pleasurable.

Cheers and good luck

GoldenBud

First/second days of cannabreak.... do you have more tears/wetness in your eyes? some side effects of having not enough dopamine, right?
the body/brain want the dopamine levels they used to have....

GoldenBud,

hoptimum

When I quit cold turkey, I had night body sweats and quite mood swings, mild depressive. When I tried tapering it down in the week before the stop, slowly reducing quantity and frequency everyday until stop, it went better as for body reactions, but kinda the same for psychological depressive ones, I gotta say. I always used it daily for years, but every once in a while I'll do a t-break for a month or so. It's never been a walk in the park for me I gotta admit, but the worst days I reckon are like 4-10 days after you stop using. Then after a couple of weeks from the start of the break you'll start regaining progressive energies, motivation and confidence you can do it just fine. But first days and nights can't say they've been so pleasurable.

Cheers and good luck
I don't think it's a one size fits all affair. We're all different

GoldenBud

Cheers and good luck
everything you had mentioned happened to me. i couldn't handle all these, i took ibuprofen twice a day, and in my next break soon i'll also take multivitamin, also started taking probiotics every day and it raises the seratonin by the microbiome in our gut which connects to our brains, and i hated the depression and the weakness of the break. but it's refreshing every time and worthes it after all. also took melatonin each break, every night, was a nightmare fallin a sleep

DrJynx86

On another break, forced, between harvests, as always.

Every time it feels easier, I'm discovering what triggers my anxiety and so many times it's just a silly thing, probably because having ADD or ADHD.

The only symptom that still bugs me out is not being able to sleep at all, but haven't had any sweats, or lack of appetite, or flu like symptoms, etc.

But now I'm back at dreaming normally so I'm having some sleep and that is meaning the worst part is almost over.

Now I just hope the nightmares aren't back, that's one of the reasons I love THC, not remembering the dreams at all.

gotbadvas

I just took an unplanned sudden break from several hundred mg of THC per day plus some HHCp and others mixed in. Had a sudden flare up of an illness and I just prefer not to be high when it happens most of the time. I also dropped caffeine and an allergy medicine at the same time trying to give my body a little break.

It honestly didn't make much difference or seem to improve my condition but sometimes I just like to test things again that I have already tested just to be sure they aren't having a negative impact on me. Was mostly thinking I may not have been getting enough REM.

No rebound super vivid dreams this time like I often get during a break. Strange enough I had 2 small bowls yesterday evening of GG #4 in the firewood 7 to break the canna fast and then had a vivid dream! Bodies are weird and so much more complicated than we even know yet.

Had a massive tolerance reduction from the 9 or 10 day break. Wasn't very comfortable the first few days for sure but whew I got toasted from just that little bit of dry herb when I had been taking 150mg edibles then lots of smallish dabs on top normally. Also was hitting carts pretty hard in bed while listening to music on headphones before bed so it made a huge difference.

GoldenBud

48 hours without any THC.... less headaches and weakness feelings other than my last breaks, but having weird dreams and night sweats... (is there a term like T-Sweats? like the term Meat-Sweats?) anyway.... will try keeping it up until 100 days or more, gonna save about 1300$ or even more.... need the money, will learn to make my own dopamine ;)

GoldenBud

anybody knows how much days the night sweats continues to happen? it's not something that I like at all.... lol

GoldenBud,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Just a random multivitamin from iHerb will so it right? Taking now.
but I'm doing a mini break until the BAKx arrived, then after testing will continue the long break. my plan is not buying weed anymore for the next 6 monthes atleast, will see how it goes.
That doesn't sound like a solid plan :razz:
Night sweats normally about a week but can be more if you are really chronic.
I don't think dopamine imbalance has as much to do with cannabis as it has to do with really addictive stimulants ( nicotine and cocaine, amphetamines)... but the lack of REM sleep may be related.

Haze Mister,
  • Haha
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom