• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.4%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.5%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 53 20.7%

• Total voters

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
hi.. hope everyone is doing well!
i need to cut my weed consumption to 0 for a month+-. have to fly to some wedding in another country and don't want the weed to limit me (i have at least 1gr for the last 3 years)
so i have to prepare for not consumption any thc...
**i will not try Kava / another herbs / Abv vaping this time. it worked 1.5yr ago, but i want completely free now

if i stop tomorrow - how much days the bad effects last? of the brain not getting enough Dopamine etc' in the canals? like 72 hours?
thanks

PS
if somebody wants to know how exactly the THC makes the Dopamine stay in the canals, see here:
After being a daily user for many years and using the strongest weed and concentrates, when I took a three-week break earlier this year it confirmed my previous break experiences: The worst effect for me of taking a break is the insomnia. The good news is that I got a decent night's sleep on the third evening and a good night's sleep on the fourth. Insomnia can really tear me up, but it was worth it to get my habit of many years under reasonable control and reduce my tolerance. My tolerance is back through the roof, but knowing I had a good break makes me feel less guilty.

Alexis

hi.. hope everyone is doing well!
i need to cut my weed consumption to 0 for a month+-. have to fly to some wedding in another country and don't want the weed to limit me (i have at least 1gr for the last 3 years)
so i have to prepare for not consumption any thc...
**i will not try Kava / another herbs / Abv vaping this time. it worked 1.5yr ago, but i want completely free now

if i stop tomorrow - how much days the bad effects last? of the brain not getting enough Dopamine etc' in the canals? like 72 hours?
thanks

PS
if somebody wants to know how exactly the THC makes the Dopamine stay in the canals, see here:
Can you get some kava possibly?

I had a full day off cannabis yesterday but only because true 6 week infleunza knocked me down 8 days ago, so I was fatigued in bed all day and two nights.

picked up today. But I never seek to break from cannabis.

if and when I do, or might face it, I wouldn't be daunted because for myself personally bad effects are only mood related and that's largely why I use cannabis to manage depression.

It's by far the lesser evil and really is not impacting on my ability to live generally.

But that's just me.

With kava however, I can very easily deal with any other such physical bad effects one might experience upon discontinuation of frequent cannabis use initially.

It's an alternative which as long as not combined within 24 hours minimum of alcohol it's not just a substitute drug habit but a useful for medicinal herbal tool to assist the process and achieve your desired outcome with much less suffering and struggle in the process because these things however small they are can still be traumatic in a sense.

I have been having a wild year myself though.

2nd case of true 6 week infleunza in 11 months.

severe nerve based, nerve damaging Long Covid for 13 months.

and between those two flus somehow in 10 months I intook 314 100 Microgram doses of LSD. Which has been extraordinarily interesting with some genuine astral travelling and amazing insights and visions into the nature of matter itself really quite mind blowing but making so much complete sense in the moment.

Sorry, trailing off.
Flu has me wiped right out and the long Covid is the most mentally unsettling thing I've ever dealt with via direct physical nerve damage.

But through it all, in kava daily, I find so much relief and comfort and peace.

Good luck anyway man. Hope you are well otherwise.

I've not been around here for a little while had so much going on but my heart is still in this place and the people I know here who I will always care about.

Just finishing a decent jar of Fijian and Vanuatan kava tonight, and a little vaporization.

They compliment very well but one or the other can suffice.

Kava Again is non-physically addictive entirely and will never show up on any drug test and can be taken and left according to desire and availability without any real risks or consequences and zero toxicity as long as you source a quality product and use accordingly.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

my last hit of "real" herb was around 50 hours ago, and I kept vaping ABV until yesterday (29 hours ago)
except moderate headache (took an advil pill just now..) and the difficulty to fall a sleep yesterday everything is fine... a bit nervous too but, I'm keeping this cannabreak.....
couldn't fall a sleep yesterday so i took 1mg of Melatonin....was a bit dizzy earlier.. but nothing too harsh!
@Alexis i even threw all my ABV (around 20gr of not 100% coocked abv, convection devices.....) to the trash. this time no natural herbs/beer drinking every evening.. facing the encumbrance!

I give my brain an holiday from THC, less dopamine in the Synapses but I hope it'll be 100% fine within day or two... will keep updating!

GoldenBud

Hemp flower can help you scratch that vape itch during breaks. I also think the CBD helps reduce tolerance quicker, but that's just my theory.
did a mistake actually... had to buy CBD before the break, will learn to next break. your theory is right, CBD doesn't affect the Dopamine in the brain

GoldenBud,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Yep, chamomile in a vape is good, same with lavender, hops which are very soporific, and well, anything else like that really!

A personal favourite when I was stopping smoking is thyme - lovely :)

Be sure to check the vaping temps for these things though :tup:

Other stuff I use for occasional sleep troubles: 5-htp and magnesium.

Hope you sleep well

Alexis

my last hit of "real" herb was around 50 hours ago, and I kept vaping ABV until yesterday (29 hours ago)
except moderate headache (took an advil pill just now..) and the difficulty to fall a sleep yesterday everything is fine... a bit nervous too but, I'm keeping this cannabreak.....
couldn't fall a sleep yesterday so i took 1mg of Melatonin....was a bit dizzy earlier.. but nothing too harsh!
@Alexis i even threw all my ABV (around 20gr of not 100% coocked abv, convection devices.....) to the trash. this time no natural herbs/beer drinking every evening.. facing the encumbrance!

I give my brain an holiday from THC, less dopamine in the Synapses but I hope it'll be 100% fine within day or two... will keep updating!
Good luck man. Tbh it's also Because I really believe in what I'm saying and how I'm presenting it here so I'm also trying to present this more broadly because I genuinely know it can help people and this has been proven virtually every case the only time is it hasn't is when it hasn't worked for somebody but there's never been any negatives or regret, Mostly positive outcome and a delightful realisation, As it was for myself two years ago now.

But you're sounding positive I'll say one more thing sometimes we can get into very low and dark places I have been experiencing this myself to extremes this year and somehow something in me gets me out of them each time remarkably but the worst and hardest part is in those moments it can feel like nobody cares.

And then eventually I realise that actually that's not the case because I care and I know other people not just here but on different platforms oh I know genuinely care as well so it's just something to try and imbed and always remember however it seems it is actually the case.

Just from a general perspective again because mental and emotional health and psychology of the mind and emotions has always been an interest of my own and perspective is very important.

So keep us posted please when you feel fit I'll be interested to hear hardly anything better on television lol! 😀

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, I guess I'm with y'all in this cannabreak thing for once.

I just lost a job, so now I need to spend a few weeks not using cannabis before I start applying for new jobs because most jobs drug-test these days.

GoldenBud

48h without THC, feels weak, took 1 advil pill yesterday and may take 1 soon, out of them now, waiting for my brother to arrive, will try making some tea and rest. it's not the end of the world but it's like a mini-flu. the result will be worth it!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Urgh... hope you feel better soon!

Not sure what to suggest other than treating it like flu and doing as many detox things as you can. If you are sweating then potassium rich foods are a good idea! Avoid caffeine, go for vitamin-c - cranberry juice is good for detox, maybe nave a nice relaxing bath?

GoldenBud

Urgh... hope you feel better soon!

Not sure what to suggest other than treating it like flu and doing as many detox things as you can. If you are sweating then potassium rich foods are a good idea! Avoid caffeine, go for vitamin-c - cranberry juice is good for detox, maybe nave a nice relaxing bath?
Made myself tea, will try drinking more water, eating veggies ofc, will keep updating! I hope/guess/want it will be over within 24-48 hours MAX!

Alexis

48h without THC, feels weak, took 1 advil pill yesterday and may take 1 soon, out of them now, waiting for my brother to arrive, will try making some tea and rest. it's not the end of the world but it's like a mini-flu. the result will be worth it!
Mate I really believe like there is no way I can conceive that you cannot or will not be able to get through this it's a guarantee just a case of passing the time and trying to make it as smooth and comfortable and non-disruptive as you can for now.

But with these things above all it's so important to just trust and not try to control and fix everything in the moment because that's not how it works and by relaxing about the process you are automatically freeing your mind to be more at rest and enabling healing generally as well in a holistic sense.

So I know it's patronising when I'm on more psychoactive substances surely than another member on this forum including a large dose of pure Dutch LSD right now today but I have been there teetotal in the past and actually it has its perks you know looking back the grass is always greener and there is a kind of strange equalisation it just takes perspective and appreciation.

I'll say no more because people will think I'm crazier than already lol.

Just wanted to offer moral support because the mind he is so strong and is capable of getting us through pitfalls and situations we don't believe we are capable of.

That's why it's so important to never give up.

GoldenBud

Mate I really believe like there is no way I can conceive that you cannot or will not be able to get through this it's a guarantee just a case of passing the time and trying to make it as smooth and comfortable and non-disruptive as you can for now.

But with these things above all it's so important to just trust and not try to control and fix everything in the moment because that's not how it works and by relaxing about the process you are automatically freeing your mind to be more at rest and enabling healing generally as well in a holistic sense.

So I know it's patronising when I'm on more psychoactive substances surely than another member on this forum including a large dose of pure Dutch LSD right now today but I have been there teetotal in the past and actually it has its perks you know looking back the grass is always greener and there is a kind of strange equalisation it just takes perspective and appreciation.

I'll say no more because people will think I'm crazier than already lol.

Just wanted to offer moral support because the mind he is so strong and is capable of getting us through pitfalls and situations we don't believe we are capable of.

That's why it's so important to never give up.
mate I appriciate the help!! and.. let me tell you smth.... I use the "tools" i have to manage this cannabreak. I prefer to be weak and having Diarrhea (sux side effect!) in my own country other than being 4-5 days in a foreign country with these issues.... I am vaccinating for soberty! lol..
it's going well now, eating well, staying positive.. and let me tell you something : I am 1000% aware that I could prepare better to this Cannabreak. microdosing shrooms or CBD - they are good options. but at least I have tea, possitive vibes, friends to share, the forum, and melatonin to sleep lol!

PS...
man, how people survive cannabreak without melatonin?! damn.. it was almost impossible falling a sleep..
about Dopamine:

anand.jpg

probablythc.jpg

the body seeks the Dopamine....which is found less in the Synapses now!
it's so cool:

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Alexis

EverythingsHazy

Sleep issues seem to be some of the most common, with Cannabis breaks. I remember when I took my long break, I had a hard time falling asleep, and a lot of my dreams felt very negative. They weren't classic nightmares, but just situations where I was getting into arguments, or dealing with hateful people / situations. It was very strange.
Now I have dizziness - in which day after the break I should feel fine? after 1 week or so?
To be honest, it's going to be nearly impossible for anyone, here, to give you concrete timelines for your break's "stages", as they are heavily dependent on your previous usage, and on your individual biology.

I never got dizziness, but I did have sleep issues (as mentioned above), and I wouldn't be surorised if dizziness was a symptom of sleep deprivation. I also experienced irritability (more easily agitated), and occassionally, full body tingling/pins & needles, like the kind you get with certain kinds of hot flashes, which I also attributed to the break, but I'm not sure if that's the case. It sounds like a withdrawal effect, to me, though.

Make sure that you are hydrating and eating properly, because your appetite and thirst levels may change when you stop consuming Cannabis, as well. You also want to make sure that your body has all of the nutrition needed to produce your own endocannabinoids, and to properly regulate your hormone levels.

GoldenBud

Make sure that you are hydrating and eating properly, because your appetite and thirst levels may change when you stop consuming Cannabis, as well. You also want to make sure that your body has all of the nutrition needed to produce your own endocannabinoids, and to properly regulate your hormone levels.
ok so that may explain why I have such a vigorous appetite, my body/brain wants to create more Anadamide becuase now there's no THC in the system, less dopamine is placed in the synapses, and we know that Anadamide is expired within the brain much faster than THC (that's why Anandamide won't produce a natural high)
thanks man!
and yeah, I drink as much as I can..

Last edited:

Alexis

Now I have dizziness - in which day after the break I should feel fine? after 1 week or so?
Dizziness to my mind is not a logical direct physical side effect of cannabis abstination.

Which I have experienced in past, when I really was a proper pot addicted youth and really "couldn't live without it", it's not like that now with weed, I don't struggle without it, but only abstain on the days I have to write off and stay in bed all day, needs to happen twice a week ideally.

It's not so much an affixiation with cannabis use itself, it's just an array of tools for mood and pain, Kava being another.

Now I do use a lot of weed lately, phases. Huge edible doses on top of my trips, 3-4 grams over a day/night, no mean feat ofc for many people but it's a lot of cannabis still.

I'm pondering how useful a cut back at least would pay off. A cut back! Lol.

I'm terrible at approaching anything resembling sobriety. So a poor example here.

I do recall the feeling though of being a bread and butter pot head, withdrawing that really struggling feeling so awake and unrested.

But dizziness, cannabis WD's I've never considered physical in a true manner.

But cannabinoids are preventative too medicinally is my thought.

In the sense that sometimes when you discontinue their usage you may actually notice the sudden absence of the additional regulatory, stabilising action, which could be balancing and regulating things in general, so that any apparent adverse WD symptoms may be related to the clever body readjusting it's immune response and function to not relying on the biological modulating effect of cannbinoids, which could maybe feel like a choppy process?

It's a "new body order!" Just a thought striking me in line with how I have long pictured cannabis working medicinally, in preventative and stabilising manner.

Just thinking open.
I am a poor advert though but an abnormal medical case not just physically so it's not like I huddle in guilt.

Less drugs though whichever would be good at some point. It's a really odd thought to even ponder it.

It's more than a mind over matter case now though and having control over my own mental space is vital too.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

@Alexis man yesterday I felt too weak to go outside.... had to call my bro to bring me Advil.... and the headache wasn't strong but very steady.... today I am a bit weak but can do my chores properly... it's getting better!
and also diarrheas.... i guess it's one of the side effect.. not too bad tho.. lol

next T-break Ill bring CBD before.... fo sho...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom