• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@MonkeyTime: nice contraption for stirring. But I find that it's super easy to just put the material in the palm of your hand and use the stem like a straw to suck everything inside. Looks like you're snorting a green line from a distance but hey, at least it works effortlessly!

For stirring I use a small metal poker tool I got from my FlowerMate days and I put the material back in my palm, trying to make a line, then I suck it again into the stem, starting from the beginning of the line (i.e it reverses more or less the material as you end up with what was deepest into the bowl getting sucked in last)

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime: nice contraption for stirring. But I find that it's super easy to just put the material in the palm of your hand and use the stem like a straw to suck everything inside. Looks like you're snorting a green line from a distance but hey, at least it works effortlessly!

For stirring I use a small metal poker tool I got from my FlowerMate days and I put the material back in my palm, trying to make a line, then I suck it again into the stem, starting from the beginning of the line (i.e it reverses more or less the material as you end up with what was deepest into the bowl getting sucked in last)

That's how I've handled all my unregulated vapes in the past, until I made a smaller, simple cone from silicone for a standard 18mm male joint. For me it closed the loop.

This one, once flexible, I think will still be worth the extra carry.....we'll see

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Does anybody just not stir? I'm hoping that with dialed in technique that will be possible.
I don't stir. Using the double-screen w/ wood ring setup, I just use the included wooden dowel (midway through the bowl) to ram the load from one end of the stem to the other - essentially "flipping" the load for even cooking like a pancake. ABV comes out quite even, so I'm happy with it.:2c:

:peace:

Last edited:

mourningbell

Certified human
FaJ6yVZt_o.jpeg

sSo0Eg87_o.jpeg

shows how different it looks in different lighting. Wish I'd gone for a different sleeve (although the gold does look nice in the light) and the high instead of low powered heater but I love it regardless. Been using it to vaporizer hemp recently (due to legal troubles) and it's been great. I use Stu's method for loading although I don't always push it to the other end before I cash the bowl. Just because vaping is so cheap regardless.

Thanks Dan ❤️

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
FaJ6yVZt_o.jpeg

sSo0Eg87_o.jpeg

shows how different it looks in different lighting. Wish I'd gone for a different sleeve (although the gold does look nice in the light) and the high instead of low powered heater but I love it regardless. Been using it to vaporizer hemp recently (due to legal troubles) and it's been great. I use Stu's method for loading although I don't always push it to the other end before I cash the bowl. Just because vaping is so cheap regardless.

Thanks Dan ❤️
Can't imagine why you'd want a different sleeve mourningbell, as that one is SUPERB!
Seriously, that is a freakin' fantastic match to your wood choice (walnut?).
I think yours is the first 'matched' collar/body I've seen, and I have to say I really dig it (in both pic's too, if the sleeve changes that much to the naked eye you got two sleeves in one!)
Another super classy looking Nomad.

If you really want the other heater why not reach out to Dan and see if he'll sell you one?
You never know, he might even be able to sell you a second sleeve (assuming they don't have to be 'laid-up' upon the original body that they are intended for), but I honestly don't know why you'd want to change, as that vape looks like a Bently dashboard, or a piece of fine furniture in a stately home.
It doesn't look especially Japanese to me, OR very sci-fi, but it does look like a nice piece of understated CLASS (where's a monacle emoji when you need one?).
VaporWare beat me to it, but I def' feel the same.

EDIT:
Thanks for posting pic's by the way!

DirtyD

Been using the heck out of my nomad, love this high heater. Getting so many delicious flavor hits, many more hits with amazing flavor each session than im used to with any vape ive tried. Because of the full control you have over your hit I suppose. The nomad is so simple yet works so well. To really go after flavor sometimes I just use a not so full battery and it tames down that beast of a high heater, along with easy button and breath technique. Not used to so MANY hits with real good flavor from one load from any other vape to date.( But I mostly use vapcap, fury2, lil bud. )
Yes, this high temp heater is a flavor extractor, just go easy. Could not be more pleased with this amazing vape. Whole other level of vaporizer. Cheers!! Love seeing all the nomads! D. :smug:
Ps. @wild anchovy I have not weighed the amount but I generally load about a 1/4 inch of material light tamp and I push the whole load back about 1/16 inch from edge of glass. ( I use 1 screen in stem). I Use fine to med grind and dry material . I have also loaded more and it works great, i stir once in a session usually, not always. Going to try coarse grind for science. Cheers again, D.

Last edited:

seriousTone

Thanks @DirtyD

Also, is the hitting technique similar to the mflb or enano where it's more of a sipping (hot tea, bitch) rather than pulling. I also remember reading that puffing like a cigar works? I like a good puffing vape.

DirtyD

Yeah I start my hit with a button press, 2 seconds or so before start inhale. Then gently gently slowly cigar puff or just gentle steady inhale then I let go button, and increase draw speed. The high heat core can handle strong fast draws, but you need to button and very gently inhale to get the ' ball of heat' going that you then pull through the load, fast or slow depending upon how it tastes/ how much heat ball you have going. If I go to inhale and I taste/ feel too much toasty for my likes or I feel too much heat and I KNOW it's going too hot I just pause a few seconds, then pull the heat through. High heater is very responsive, but with proper technique (which is second nature by now) i can have any type sesh I want. Quick slam fast extraction or a slow many hit flavor chase. Oh and the buzz from using a nomad to extract your goodies is just unreal stupendous. Sorry, I just ran 2 bowls in my #36, I'm super high. Hope this helps! ? Cheers!! D.

GetLeft

I've been using med-high heater with two screens without the wooden ring. I put both screens into the stem top-side-down. I might be crazy but I'm thinking that changing the orientation of that first screen into the stem (furthest from the heater) seems to keep it from getting clogged. I plop the second screen on top of a medium grind without squishing things in too tightly and don't bother with a thing 'til I've finished the session. Rotating the screens top to bottom bottom to top every few loads as recommended makes it a virtually no maintenance vape.

Bdubbdiblets

Just saw the first glimpse of my baby being born on Dan’s Instagram....unreal. Really couldn’t have imagined it better. This is the best consumer experience I’ve ever had by far. Dan is truly one of a kind, I can say that with out hesitation and I’ve never even met him!! Haha! I feel like I should’ve paid thousands for this thing and I don’t even have it yet...

Blessed to be #31..

:rockon::drool::love::rockon:

Vaporware

Wow, that is another great and unique one @Bdubbdiblets ! For anyone looking later, I believe it’s the one with trees and a mountain painted on the sleeve based on a picture from Yosemite.

Like one of the commenters on IG though, I am curious about the difference between the sleeve shown on the table and the one shown on the Nomad itself...was it repainted? Are there two sleeves?

Bdubbdiblets

Vaporware

Still trying to deal with stems. Does anyone have suggestions on which ones might work other than the original ones? Where do I buy a stainless steel one that would work with the nomad?

@Ed's TnT has made some wooden stems you can buy from him or https://vgoodiez.com/collections/eds-tnt - they’re labeled as Nomad stems so you can get the right ones easily.

He has some meant to be used with 14mm glass and some made more like the original stems for direct draw, and if you want something different I’m sure he or another of the woodworkers around here can make something custom for you. :science:

...and like @Bdubbdiblets said, message @KeroZen about the stainless steel stem. :)

ZC

The more I use the Nomad the more I love it.

I've switched to single screen w/ the screen insert in the body of the nomad. Still using the wooden ring.

This method leads to slightly less even toasting than the double screen+wood ring method but the tradeoff is much faster bowl changing.

With the med-high heater I can get full extraction in one hit without charring the material.

With the low-med heater I have to take slow pulls, but get tastier results and bowls last more hits.

I love changing heaters and batteries. The Nomad is satisfying to take apart.

little maggie

Yes I’d like to find out how to get one like that. I’m not a very good nagger apparently since my messagefailed (which is fine) So I’d like to find out how to get one on my own

little maggie,

Vaporware

Yes I’d like to find out how to get one like that. I’m not a very good nagger apparently since my messagefailed (which is fine) So I’d like to find out how to get one on my own

KeroZen made his own, so while I’m sure you could find other people to make them for you, there’s no one else I know of who has a Nomad and appropriately sized SS tubing to cut a stem from.

Ed’s stems are available today though if you want a wooden stem too!

little maggie

KeroZen made his own, so while I’m sure you could find other people to make them for you, there’s no one else I know of who has a Nomad and appropriately sized SS tubing to cut a stem from.

Ed’s stems are available today though if you want a wooden stem too!
If he's the only one who has them I need to improve my nagging.

Top Bottom