Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey, all! I had a delightful conversation on the podcast, Mildly Interesting people.... the episode will drop on 4/20 at 4:20. I hope y'all have something better to do at that time, but if not, we'll be responding to questions on YouTube at that time.

Here's the link for when it's live:

coolbreeze

It's good to have options. The Crystal Bowl and the Terp Hammer convey outstanding flavor:
IMG-4821.jpg

Awesome Crystal bowls, Prrl Labs!

Edit: Really nice! So far I've only tried it on the Hammer but works really well. Wide-open hit; no sleeve necessary; the bowl's deeper than the Terp Surfer's, like the depth of the capsule, maybe? It works about as well in this config as the TS does native, almost. I'll have to try it on some bigger pipes and see how she goes. Worth the wait!

Last edited:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Glad you like it! I've been finding that the capsules work really well in the Crystal Bowl. They're more efficient due to an insulating air gap with the wall of the bowl, and the narrower diameter. You can also adjust the height to be closer to the heating chamber.

Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if we put a concentrate pad under the screen to raise the herb up higher?.... guess I'll go give that a try. 🏄‍♀️

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just tore into the package of my new smoke colored crystal bowl. Top notch glass work upon first inspection, I’m sure the function will be top notch as well. Excellent job @Black_Prrl , worth the wait for sure, nice amount of accessories too.

StinKing

How is everyone liking their Crystal Bowls? Now that yall have had some time to break them in, do you recommend getting the bowl? Or are there other options that yall might recommend?

I've recently been using the Stickybrick Maxx with my Prrl and I think the Prrl works great with the SB. I like being able to pack a massive bowl with SB and using the Prrl to take multiple rips throughout the day with it. Rips are flavorful and potent, just how I like em.

Kreator87

How is everyone liking their Crystal Bowls? Now that yall have had some time to break them in, do you recommend getting the bowl? Or are there other options that yall might recommend?

I've recently been using the Stickybrick Maxx with my Prrl and I think the Prrl works great with the SB. I like being able to pack a massive bowl with SB and using the Prrl to take multiple rips throughout the day with it. Rips are flavorful and potent, just how I like em.
I use my Neos with my Sticky Brick OG and I would say it is a similar experience with the Crystal Bowl. Perfect seal without needing the silicone sleeve and you can fit a nice amount in there if you want.

coolbreeze

I would recommend them. I have a few bowls that work well for going through water but these take all the fiddling out of the equation. They work as well as the Terp Surfer, imho.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: StinKing

Oil420FL

It's good to have options. The Crystal Bowl and the Terp Hammer convey outstanding flavor:
IMG-4821.jpg

Awesome Crystal bowls, Prrl Labs!

Edit: Really nice! So far I've only tried it on the Hammer but works really well. Wide-open hit; no sleeve necessary; the bowl's deeper than the Terp Surfer's, like the depth of the capsule, maybe? It works about as well in this config as the TS does native, almost. I'll have to try it on some bigger pipes and see how she goes. Worth the wait!
So the OHTC Terp Hammer fits the Crystal Bowl well? [would help me decide to spend the $]

Are you able to use the Crystal Bowl with the Neo at 0 diamonds?

I recall you using the Neo at 0 diamonds with a Sticky Brick. Was that with their Injector Bowl or the OG, Runt or some other model?
Seems others have to use the silicone with a SB, but you found a model that didn't need it. Right?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to get my Neo off the back of the shelf...

Oil420FL,

StinKing

Thanks. Only 2 questions now....
I use my Neo with the SB Maxx, with the silicone, and it works really well. I can fill the Maxx up and with the Neo, it will last a while and I like to come back throughout the day and take draws from it whenever I want another hit. I definitely use it above 0 diamonds though.

StinKing,

coolbreeze

So the OHTC Terp Hammer fits the Crystal Bowl well? [would help me decide to spend the $]
Covered.

Are you able to use the Crystal Bowl with the Neo at 0 diamonds?
Yes, no problem. It is a bit deeper than the TS though.
I recall you using the Neo at 0 diamonds with a Sticky Brick. Was that with their Injector Bowl or the OG, Runt or some other model?
Seems others have to use the silicone with a SB, but you found a model that didn't need it. Right?
I ususally use the sleeve with my Maxx but I have used a silicone o-ring laid on the chamber's ledge. I may have used it with my OG without the sleeve? You might also get away without the sleeve with the newer injector bowls.
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to get my Neo off the back of the shelf...
It's really a lot of fun!
I use my Neo with the SB Maxx, with the silicone, and it works really well. I can fill the Maxx up and with the Neo, it will last a while and I like to come back throughout the day and take draws from it whenever I want another hit. I definitely use it above 0 diamonds though.
Exactly. Though I do usually use it at 0 diamonds. Works great with the injector bowls, too, especially the newer ones.

coolbreeze,

coolbreeze

Do folks still use their terp surfers, or has the novelty worn off?
I am seriously fence-sitting, because they look cool, but it's a *pricy* pipe, and I'm just not sure.
I got one after I had my Neo for awhile so I formed other habits, but having one now I can say it's probably the best pairing functionally. The reason I don't use it more is I like going through water.

StringTheorista

I got one after I had my Neo for awhile so I formed other habits, but having one now I can say it's probably the best pairing functionally. The reason I don't use it more is I like going through water.
Do you prefer water because the surfer leaves the vapor too hot? Or more because you just like thru water? Thanks for any feedback

StringTheorista,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Do you prefer water because the surfer leaves the vapor too hot? Or more because you just like thru water? Thanks for any feedback
It's a little warm but not too bad, but yes, I just like water. The TS is really good for flavor chasing, kinda makes the most of the Neo in that regard. With the crystal bowls you get a similarly good fit (with a bit more depth) so it performs very well and with a little rig you don't lose much flavor; on a j-hook even less.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I still use my TS most often with my NEO. And I don‘t think it runs too hot at all (maybe on higher diamond, but rarely use).
I am always surprised by how smooth and tasty it is.
The only drawback i have with it is that the NEO needs to be perpendicular with the TS and it‘s a little awkward (for me) to hold them both.

Top Bottom