• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
I got the Neo as a gift after 420 this year. It has worked great with the sticky brick injector bowl (2/3 diamonds!). Last night the chimney slid out and it looks like the glue melted off. Is this a DIY repair or should I contact the manufacturer? I see a chimney repair option on the site, but the chimney is still mint. There are some streaks of white glue on the quartz glass. I'm not sure how to remove it and what to use to fix it back on over the coil but it seems like a simple repair with the right materials.

Hey, @thegreenmenace. Sorry to hear that the bonding ceramic failed! The bonding ceramic is 99.9% pure alumina ceramic, but we had a batch where some expired solution was used. We're happy to repair that for you. Please DM me your order # if you have it and we'll get you a pre-paid return label strait away.

-Mark

coolbreeze

Big tasty hits at zero diamonds:
IMG-1328.jpg

simba

@weedanwine
I really like the idea of the Neo, but after reading this whole thread there are some things that I'm not sure about.

With every other 510 attachment vape there are concerns about the coils glowing yet it seems to be a marketing point with the Neo, is that because of the different material the Neo uses? Because of the proprietary nature of the material it seems we have to take it on faith that there are no potential health risks. Just because the material is used in aerospace applications doesn't mean it was meant to be heated and inhaled

We've run it for thousand of thermal cycles without noticeable degradation.

Without noticeable degradation using your eyes or using other instruments?

We have a one-year limited warranty, which is voided if the NEO is removed from the battery mod

This part seems a little hostile IMO, might just be how I'm reading it 🤷🏽‍♂️ like many others have said, I would love to use this in a horizontal configuration rather than vertically. But it seems if you use something like the picture below you're voiding the warranty

Something a little different :p

As I said, I love the concept, but it's a lot to spend with the concerns that I have. Especially as it seems that I'd need to order direct and be hit with import fees.

simba,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I really like the idea of the Neo, but after reading this whole thread there are some things that I'm not sure about.

With every other 510 attachment vape there are concerns about the coils glowing yet it seems to be a marketing point with the Neo, is that because of the different material the Neo uses? Because of the proprietary nature of the material it seems we have to take it on faith that there are no potential health risks. Just because the material is used in aerospace applications doesn't mean it was meant to be heated and inhaled

Without noticeable degradation using your eyes or using other instruments?

This part seems a little hostile IMO, might just be how I'm reading it 🤷🏽‍♂️ like many others have said, I would love to use this in a horizontal configuration rather than vertically. But it seems if you use something like the picture below you're voiding the warranty

As I said, I love the concept, but it's a lot to spend with the concerns that I have. Especially as it seems that I'd need to order direct and be hit with import fees.
You in EU? Could also try the classifieds here. I know at least one member (me) who has a unit they haven't been using and could consider parting ways with.

simba

@weedanwine
Based in the UK, and given the number of options in general (so much VAS🤣) I'd probably get something else over a 2nd hand Neo. That said, if all my concerns were settled I'd probably just import it.

simba,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Hey, all! Hope your summer has been a good one! We just got back from a great show at Champs in Vegas... wild.

Several of you have asked about a WPA and we've found a manufacturer that we think can deliver the kind of quality we're seeking. We just got a 3D print back to check tolerances and fit. It's a bit rough, but we're excited by the look and feel!

The bowl is 14mm deep with a ledge for the titanium screen. It's also designed to accommodate the quartz cup from the Terp Surfer if you are packing a smaller amount. The internal wall is a smooth taper from the ledge to the bottom of the joint. So, the airflow should be extremely uniform with minimal hotspotting. The plan is to make it out of boro, but we may go with ceramic if we run into wall thickness issues.

-Mark

https://flic.kr/p/2nCi7hL
https://flic.kr/p/2nCjreH

coolbreeze

Hey, all! Hope your summer has been a good one! We just got back from a great show at Champs in Vegas... wild.

Several of you have asked about a WPA and we've found a manufacturer that we think can deliver the kind of quality we're seeking. We just got a 3D print back to check tolerances and fit. It's a bit rough, but we're excited by the look and feel!

The bowl is 14mm deep with a ledge for the titanium screen. It's also designed to accommodate the quartz cup from the Terp Surfer if you are packing a smaller amount. The internal wall is a smooth taper from the ledge to the bottom of the joint. So, the airflow should be extremely uniform with minimal hotspotting. The plan is to make it out of boro, but we may go with ceramic if we run into wall thickness issues.

-Mark

https://flic.kr/p/2nCi7hL
https://flic.kr/p/2nCjreH
I'm in!

Hey, @thegreenmenace. Sorry to hear that the bonding ceramic failed! The bonding ceramic is 99.9% pure alumina ceramic, but we had a batch where some expired solution was used. We're happy to repair that for you. Please DM me your order # if you have it and we'll get you a pre-paid return label strait away.

-Mark
I received my Neo and some goodies today. Thank you for the exceptional service Mark!

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Last edited:

MinnBobber

Hi, what is your organic concentrate pad that you mentioned in the myths thread?
Thanks
Can it also be used as anABV dust filter when vaping flower?
Thanks

MinnBobber,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Hey, everyone! I wanted to let you know that I recently discussed the myths of boiling points, and other vaporization topics with Wayne Schwind, the host of the Periodic Effects Science and Business podcast. If you haven't listened to his show, I highly encourage it. His guests are usually quite legit and he has a solid science background.

https://flic.kr/p/2nSS4CZ
Here are the links to the two episodes, 285 & 286:

YouTube Video =
;

Website Audio = https://www.periodiceffects.com/episodes/285; https://www.periodiceffects.com/episodes/286

Thanks to everyone who has been experimenting with different pipes/set-up’s to make it easier for us late comers. (I am planning on getting one in next month or two)

As the years go on, my throat is getting more sensitive to vapor.
For those of you using a simple setup - is the heat harsh?
Can anyone speak to what seems to work best at keeping heat to a minimum without having to Frankenstein a cumbersome rig?

Also, I have combed though this thread and have a couple dozen open tabs with everyones’ recommendations, so I figured I would list them in one spot to help out any latecomers who don’t want to sift through everything. Some pretty cool options out there!
Some of these are just bowls or adaptors that will still need another piece to set up properly.
And not all of them have been confirmed to work well with the NEO, but if they were confirmed not to work well, I obviously didn’t include in this roundup:

(the ceramic pots and/or stems)

(the Runt and OG mentioned most - the Flip seems to have mixed reviews as awkward to hold)

Edited to remove one that doesn’t work well with NEO.
This is a helpful list, but a little dated. Are there any recent additions worth considering?

thegreenmenace,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Re: Sticky Bricks: the Hydrobrick is awesome with the Neo. Fits perfect, no sightline issues, flavor is great, performance is effortless.
I have wood covered with the Sticky Brick Labs Maxx and Injector Chamber (which is 20% off at VGOODIES right now), I am looking for a glass piece, preferably with a glass screen, but wondering if there are OCWW multipurpose will do the job over HiSi and Purr options

thegreenmenace,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

coolbreeze

I have wood covered with the Sticky Brick Labs Maxx and Injector Chamber (which is 20% off at VGOODIES right now), I am looking for a glass piece, preferably with a glass screen, but wondering if there are OCWW multipurpose will do the job over HiSi and Purr options
The glass one looks like the same bowl used for the Knotty Topper. Mine would be a little difficult but possible, I think, because it's not quite as round as the Neo chimney, which would otherwise 'fit' the top edge of the bowl without fitting inside the bowl. The fit is so close though that the sleeve fits less than optimally, as well. His wooden Multi-bowls are great, fwiw.

I use a couple glass bowls that work nicely with glass stars. One is the Grave Sitter Sherlock and the other is the TAG Hammer Body pipe, which works just a little better for me.

Backpack

This is a helpful list, but a little dated. Are there any recent additions worth considering?
I don't know if it's already been mentioned upthread, but my favorite way to use it now is this: I fill a rimmed basket screen with my material, and put it in one end of an 18mm male-to-male adapter. Other end goes in my water pipe. Neo goes right over the joint so the material is up in the cylinder close to the heat. I like it set on 2 for this, though sometimes start on 1 for really pure flavor. On 3 it'll combust if you're not careful.

coolbreeze

Do you need the silicone adapter? I'm wondering if anything on the list does NOT need the silicone.
Yes, you need the adapter for the Hydrobrick. I've also used a silicone o-ring that fits the diameter and that works well without the sleeve. You don't need it for the OG, I don't think, but with the OG your sight's sorta blocked.

Mathos

Oh wow I can't believe I never heard or seen the Neo before today. Here from Canada, my usual shops and whatnot don't seem to carry it. Found it while high and looking for an "electric" option for my Sticky Brick, the old not inhaling butane thing. Seems like a good option for my Sticky Brick Junior?

What temperatures are we talking about? High enough that combustion is a risk? I'm wondering if this could replace a Herb Iron for using on bubble hash.

Cheers!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Soooo.... after reading this thread I'm really liking this device but wondering why there's been no activity for over a month? Is there something wrong with it that was discovered after long term use? Why no more love?

coolbreeze

Soooo.... after reading this thread I'm really liking this device but wondering why there's been no activity for over a month? Is there something wrong with it that was discovered after long term use? Why no more love?

Sorry, man, we're too high--flavor's so nice we can't stop tasting! But for you, Cheers!
IMG-3722.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom