The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

cptofnthng

If even troy is still praising it as the best vape ever, i highly doubt people will stop buying it. but its really arrogant and stupid to rerelease the same vape with a new USB Port and a standing fin after 10 years of development.
wont buy another s&b vape..

MGG

I always said time and time again it's going to be small incremental updates. Similar to what we saw on the Crafty+
Mighty is one of the best if not the best portable vape on the market.
Plus just got better; takes almost half the time to heat up, ceramic upgrade over aluminium, 'improved screen, usb c, standing fins.

What did people want really? It's a Mighty PLUS.
It literally explains what it was going to be in the title.
I don't know why people expected some completely new design and then say they won't ever buy s&b again?

I'm keen to grab a crafty+ IF it has passthrough which has yet to be confirmed.

If there's a vape that's significantly better than the Mighty in the same price range I'd jump to it, but currently there isn't.

I literally called what the update would be months ago :
"• 30% faster heat-up
• Significantly improved runtime
• New, slick design for optimized grip and feel
• Improved housing material
• Super-Boost: Triple-pressing power button gets you to max. temperature of 210°C (410°F)
• Improved electronics and optimized circuit board"

^ These were all updates announced for the Mighty... Plus:
+ USB C
+ actually more than 30% faster heat up (supposedly) (possibly closer to 50% faster claims storz n bickel, yet to be confirmed)
+ New ceramic coated bowl
+ Standing fins
+ 'improved screen' (whatever that means)

People want replaceable batteries and whilst they would be a nice addition, here's the reality, this is a medical grade unit, they cannot offer replaceable batteries on a medical grade unit and they would have to change the design in such a major way that it would no longer be a 'Mighty'
If your batteries fail it doesn't take that much skill to replace them, I can do it and I have no background in electronics.

My only disappointment from the announcement is the lack of detail surrounding these updates and the lack of a upgrade in battery (as seen with the crafty+)

I think S&B could have sold the whole thing better to it's customers.
I don't think people realize how much better the Crafty+ hits compared to my original mighty. They did a lot to upgrade the heater and the electronics. Granted it's not night and day, but I find it more consistent and denser. Troy mentioned the same too.

So why are we getting small incremental upgrades? It's because of Canopy Growth which now owns Storz n Bickel basically.
They are pushing the company to have more regular releases. Apparently there was some agreement to come out with over 30+ new vaping products? This explains why we are getting things like 'gold volcano' 'onyx volcano' because to release 30 brand new products is basically impossible. But to change the colour every now and then is doable. Now that we are getting through covid and S&B have finished construction, expect more products to come out faster in the coming years. We may even see a concentrate device from Storz n Bickel if we're lucky.

Last edited:

tdriver

• Improved housing material ......

I am not convinced they actually did that. i bet even the + will chip/break after 2 years of use. (and this is the only "grief" i have with the mighty/crafty.)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If there's a vape that's significantly better than the Mighty in the same price range I'd jump to it,
Agree with everything but the above, no other manufacturer would have the cheek to charge what S$B do...better cheaper options are avail for me. :2c:
That said, the new upgrades have interested me enough to have another bite, so their marketing works as well as ever.:uhoh:

jbm

That said, the new upgrades have interested me enough to have another bite, so their marketing works as well as ever.:uhoh:
Probably the only way I will upgrade is if they continue to offer a discount on the ”+” when my current Mighty fails. I don’t even use the thing that often, I prefer my OAB, Tafee Bowle, RBT vapes and Tinymight. The market has left S&B behind. There is no way that this most incremental upgrade is worth almost 2x the street price of the current model. Worse yet, it signals Canopy’s direction with regard to S&B: exploit the fanboy base with minor changes while charging more for less. Note that the filling unit and grinder are no longer included.

Last edited:

HomerSchwag

I am not convinced they actually did that. i bet even the + will chip/break after 2 years of use. (and this is the only "grief" i have with the mighty/crafty.)
I’ve had my Crafty+ for nearly 2 years (Nov 2019) and there are zero signs of wear around the chamber area. I feel like I would need to drop it on concrete without the cooling unit to damage it, the design feels solid.

MGG

They changed from curved fin design, maybe a bit of a stretch, but one could argue it's a improved design for better grip and look.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The market has left S&B behind.
I’m not sure if this is accurate. Without market share and sales numbers it’s hard to assess this. (Maybe someone has some hard data. I know I’m too lazy to find any!). My admittedly anecdotal and experiential data tell me folks who’ve used the Mighty still love it over other vapes but obviously it’s a personal thing. I’ve used some of the vapes you cite as being leaders in the market and I’m kinda meh on them. None of them work as easily or consistently as the Mighty, for me. I’m way too fucking old these days to spend precious energy and time coaxing good vapor from these “pure convection” vapes that sound good in marketing materials but don’t deliver consistent results. :2c:
Note that the filling unit and grinder are no longer included.
That plastic grinder sucked anyway. Does anyone serious use that thing? :lol:

No idea if the Plus will be worth the money (I’ll wait for retailer discounts in a few months, myself). But I’ve owned three Mightys, one of them died but the other two are still kicking my ass. I’ve given up trying to find a portable I like more, or one that works better for me. Life’s too short.

blackstone

It was great to hear a company rep openly calling them vaporizers again!

45 watts sounds very significant for a portable session vape, and it's probably a record.
I'm looking forward to some reactions in a week or two. But I'm already sold on getting one eventually either way.
My old Mighty said 36 watts on the back sticker, so that's 9 watts more.
I was trying to imagine holding the glass of a 9 watt, or even a 5 watt incandescent auto bulb and energising it, how many seconds would I last! (And that bulb filament would be encased in a vacuum inside a glass shell)
Just thinking it should be difficult to overwhelm this heater in any circumstances, and the vapor may be quite strong.
Also the reclaim in the cooling unit could be different or maybe even stronger, I found this to be the case with Volcano Hybrid bag reclaim versus that from my cano Digit, although that vape has gone through both a change in heating format and a wattage increase.

In some markets, if this device is even just a little more efficient or offers a little more power from your load than any previous offering, it will mean a lot to some people.
I've found my groove with capsules, so I'm not sure the ceramic coated bowl was for me, I just hope capsules won't ever get stuck in it.

MGG

I'm really curious to see reviews, there's a few aspects like that from the keynote, like this 45w thing where i'm interested to see how it plays out in performance and battery life. I wish the keynote was actually longer.

condition

MGG I have various medical devices with replaceable batteries, it's not a strong argument that because is a medical grade unit the batteries cannot be replaced.

Also they have a huge market share and fan base and forum comments from rep like "screen has been improved" seem disrespectful at least towards a percentage of fans that overanalyze their products and expected more clear and officialstatements.

condition,
Reactions: LesPlenty

HomerSchwag

MGG I have various medical devices with replaceable batteries, it's not a strong argument that because is a medical grade unit the batteries cannot be replaced.

Also they have a huge market share and fan base and forum comments from rep like "screen has been improved" seem disrespectful at least towards a percentage of fans that overanalyze their products and expected more clear and officialstatements.
Pretty sure this is why we won’t see replaceable batteries in S&B products.

“Storz & Bickel managed to get the Mighty+ certified by UL, a U.S.-based global safety certification company. The Mighty+ conforms to UL8139, becoming the first dry herb vaporizer to carry UL logo officially. To S&B, the UL certification is significant. The company has long differentiated itself from its competitors with a certification from TUV certifying two of its vapes, the Mighty and Volcano, as medical devices. The UL nod certifies the Mighty+’s components comply with the testing agency’s safety standards covering the electrical, heating, battery and charging systems.”

From this article:

b0

Cloudy...

There aren't any devices in the market with the same certifications, S&B has the higher ones

3 Feet Farms

While I am not that fussed with the new updates to the mighty, I am very interested in the discounted older mighty units at the moment and I have been thinking about picking one up while they are still around.

Does anyone have any advice for me? it seems like I might be getting a bit of a bargain, I am just worried that it is old tech

iammyself

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but the way they worded the 45w was during the charging portion of the Mighty+ breakdown. Meaning, using USB-C and a proper USB-C charger, it can charge at 45w. My iPhone 12 can charge at 20w. So the mighty can charge quickly. I don’t think it’s the power output of the heater.

Endless Interim

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but the way they worded the 45w was during the charging portion of the Mighty+ breakdown. Meaning, using USB-C and a proper USB-C charger, it can charge at 45w. My iPhone 12 can charge at 20w. So the mighty can charge quickly. I don’t think it’s the power output of the heater.
That's what I thought as well.:hmm:

Green Kiwi

You might be very right on this ,to me the heater looks in the the "key Note" , pretty much the same as in my 2019 Crafty +.
wich is ,as I posted before different than the original Mighty heater , and is in my humble opinion more efficient,more airflow and keeping up with the demand.:2c: :sherlock: .and that would be bellow the 30 wattage....
very keen to see new info on this Mighty +.from fellow forum members....:popcorn:.yum....

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: vapviking

condition

There aren't any devices in the market with the same certifications, S&B has the higher ones
I wasn't clear, I meant other kind of devices, for example a portable nebulizer with replaceable or rechargable batteries

condition,

darbarikanada

I am very interested in the discounted older mighty units at the moment and I have been thinking about picking one up while they are still around.

Does anyone have any advice for me? it seems like I might be getting a bit of a bargain, I am just worried that it is old tech
depends on how much of a discount you end up getting. you can already get an OG mighty for ~$280 now (check vapospy); I'd be surprised if the price comes down much after the new one comes out. if the reviews of the new one (keep an eye on 420 vapezone) say it's a big improvement, it'd be worth the extra $, but if not, go for an OG. it's possible the changes affect the quality of the vapor, but if not, and the improvements are all about battery life, charge time, heat-up time, and those things aren't a big deal for you, there's no reason not to get an OG. it may be 'old tech', but it's also 'tried and true', has a (great) track record.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I wouldn't worry about 'old tech', the Mighty will perform.
I guess my caution would be to buy through a retailer who moves these things -- it would be far less desirable to get an inexpensive unit that's been sitting for a year or more on a store shelf, for example. After some shelf time, batteries can degrade.

b0

Cloudy...
I wasn't clear, I meant other kind of devices, for example a portable nebulizer with replaceable or rechargable batteries

If you could give specific examples that would help, like the product, how is it used, and his medical certifications.

So far you just talking without proof.

b0,

condition

I didn't want to get off topic and write about nebulizers in a vaporizers forum. Personally I own an old model Medisana portable nebulizer with replaceable batteries, now it features USB charging.

Lavendersage

Ordered an OG mighty on sale ($260 not bad!) to replace my One that replaced my Rogue lol.
Anyway…

My question is can I put some dabs in between herbs in the Mighty?? I usually don’t use capsules find them time consuming and fidly for my use. Just make a dabwich in my battery operated devices chamber. Just like the combination better than separately especially for my wake and bake so I would hate to give that up but also don’t want to ruin my second most expensive device!!

Lavendersage,
Reactions: LesPlenty

b0

Cloudy...
I didn't want to get off topic and write about nebulizers in a vaporizers forum. Personally I own an old model Medisana portable nebulizer with replaceable batteries, now it features USB charging.
Yeah, you're right we're getting offtopic. Thanks for letting me know about it gonna google and check.

I wish they made some kind of swappable battery, even if it was proprietary, for any future devices. Will sort out the main issue both portable units have IMHO

Top Bottom