The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
image.jpg

Hey, welcome to the forums and hopefully to totally fucked combustion.
If you've done 5 bowls a day since 2/24, you shouldn't have needed to clean to cooling unit yet, unless your flower is super resinous or you're doing concentrates in Mighty.
If you use the capsules exclusively, the chamber will keep clean look far longer. If you do this, remove the c/u screen or it gets oily faster.
Tip; try to not combust at all for a week or two. This will set the hook, and after that combusting will taste so crappy that you really won't want to go back!
The effects of vape are qualitatively different from the effects of combustion smoke.
Enjoy.
thanks for the reply, i have only used the capsel that comes with, i just ordered more yesterday. i have just been cleaning the cooling unit, im gonna let it go for a few sessions. what is the c/u screen

VapeGod3590,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There are two screens, one in bottom of chamber, that you should always use (can be changed when needed), and one in the removable cooling unit - that's the one you don't need to have in there if your use is exclusively with capsules.

vapviking,

BigC’sTowing

There are two screens, one in bottom of chamber, that you should always use (can be changed when needed), and one in the removable cooling unit - that's the one you don't need to have in there if your use is exclusively with capsules.
I’d also suggest swapping the coarse screen on the cooling unit for the fine screen. This helps keep plant material from getting into the cooling unit, and it doesn’t affect the draw.

i got my 8 pc. dosing capsules. seems i have to push the tops down hard to get them to fit with the cooling chamber completely closed. i don't want to damage anything obviously. I've been having good time with my new mighty. can anyone let me know any temps. they find to get a good buzz with longer taste? seems like i only get 2 good hits with real taste then all else taste like hay. Im enjoying the forum and if anyone wants to share any tips im all ears

VapeGod3590,

BigC’sTowing

i got my 8 pc. dosing capsules. seems i have to push the tops down hard to get them to fit with the cooling chamber completely closed. i don't want to damage anything obviously. I've been having good time with my new mighty. can anyone let me know any temps. they find to get a good buzz with longer taste? seems like i only get 2 good hits with real taste then all else taste like hay. Im enjoying the forum and if anyone wants to share any tips im all ears
Generally speaking, the lower the temp, the more flavor with more draws. The higher the temp, less flavor less draws with more effects.

Try temp stepping. Start at 356, get some great flavor, then move to say 370 and continue that until you reach your favorite high temp.

it’s all very subjective so play around and see what works for you. Also, there are terpene boiling point charts out there that can help you dial in your high.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
seems like i only get 2 good hits with real taste then all else taste like hay

Two good flavor hits from any vape is very solid IMHO. I find pretty much every vaporizer I've ever used gives up the bulk of the flavor in one to two draws. The only real exception being bag vapes like the Volcano, as the terpenes and flavonoids are homogenized throughout the bag which gives longer lasting flavor in exchange for less intense flavor.

grogazola

can anyone let me know any temps. they find to get a good buzz with longer taste? seems like i only get 2 good hits with real taste then all else taste like hay.

Have you tried a session without dosing capsules? I find 190C/374f without capsules gives me about a five to seven minute session of clouds. I’ll bump up the temperature to 195C, and then maybe 200C.

If I’d like to extend the length of the session - I’ll start at 185C/365f and then bump it up to 190C, and then maybe 195C. This will be much less cloudy, but it will provide a longer session.

grogazola,

BeWise

Hi everyone - I am having some difficulty with my Mighty and or S&B. My Mighty is 2y and 3 months old now. I have been doing some experimenting with decarb flower and setting the temp at 194 from the get go to catch all the terpines, not just the low heat ones. I also have a Crafty and a Plenty. So for awhile it seems the Mighty has been producing less "cloud" and take longer / more draws before I do get one. I thought maybe the read out has been wrong and the heating unit is not actual at temp. But that is just a guess. If any of you know something please let me know.

So I emailed S&B and asked about the read out and the heat...is there a known issue. Asked 3x now and no answer via direct. First I was offered a new unit for 250 and told they do not service them. 3 emails later now I am offered an inspection for $50, but no information what that does for me....they inspect it and then what??? They have not told me. I will send one more email and ask that.

Please any insight or knowledge to shed light on all this. I did catch there has been some discussion about cracks forming...that potentially could result in lower heat to the flower too I suppose...agree??
Thanks

PS: I just loaded ground flower and set temp at 180. 5 long draws, no cloud, little bit of taste is all. I don't remember needing more than 2 or 3 draws before to get a cloud. Your experiences??

Using a magnifier and looking at outside of unit, I see nothing that looks like a crack or place for air to get in that is not supposed to.

Last edited:
BeWise,
Have you tried a session without dosing capsules? I find 190C/374f without capsules gives me about a five to seven minute session of clouds. I’ll bump up the temperature to 195C, and then maybe 200C.

If I’d like to extend the length of the session - I’ll start at 185C/365f and then bump it up to 190C, and then maybe 195C. This will be much less cloudy, but it will provide a longer session.

i will give it a go. i see even with the capsules the chamber gets dirty. i was trying to keep it nice and new looking as long as i could haha. can i get the screen out in the bottom of the loading chamber if small particles fall under the walls??? i assume the mighty was made for loading directly i just have not spent the time reading the hole manual.

VapeGod3590,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La

Do yourself a favor and remove the screen from the cooling unit; you don't need it. If you have any issue with particles making it through the holes on the capsule lid, just put a 1/2" screen on top of your load before you put the top on. I have only ever used capsules (over 2 years) and this method works perfectly. There has never been an issue of having to push the tops down hard; lots of room without the CU screen.

And yes, you will lose flavor after the first couple of big hits. But don't stop there! It may not taste as good for subsequent draws but there are still goodies in your material. Which brings up another point: the quality of your weed is going to make a difference in the Mighty. And it should be dry for more clouds.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
i use it several times a day, i see alot of small fine material in that screen regularly,
If you're filling the chamber, there will be some particles on the c/u screen after your session and you can use the brush to get them off. If you switch to capsule-only use, yes, you can remove that screen altogether.
You should read the manual and see about opening the c/u for cleaning. That's the part I thought you were already doing when you said you were cleaning it a lot, so I suggested you might not have to clean it so much (the inside of it, that is).
Dosing capsule lids are tighter when new (very snug fit onto the capsule) and usually get easier after some use.

Hi everyone - I am having some difficulty with my Mighty and or S&B. My Mighty is 2y and 3 months old now. I have been doing some experimenting with decarb flower and setting the temp at 194 from the get go to catch all the terpines, not just the low heat ones. I also have a Crafty and a Plenty. So for awhile it seems the Mighty has been producing less "cloud" and take longer / more draws before I do get one. I thought maybe the read out has been wrong and the heating unit is not actual at temp. But that is just a guess. If any of you know something please let me know.

So I emailed S&B and asked about the read out and the heat...is there a known issue. Asked 3x now and no answer via direct. First I was offered a new unit for 250 and told they do not service them. 3 emails later now I am offered an inspection for $50, but no information what that does for me....they inspect it and then what??? They have not told me. I will send one more email and ask that.

Please any insight or knowledge to shed light on all this. I did catch there has been some discussion about cracks forming...that potentially could result in lower heat to the flower too I suppose...agree??
Thanks

PS: I just loaded ground flower and set temp at 180. 5 long draws, no cloud, little bit of taste is all. I don't remember needing more than 2 or 3 draws before to get a cloud. Your experiences??

Using a magnifier and looking at outside of unit, I see nothing that looks like a crack or place for air to get in that is not supposed to.
Have you checked the cooling unit for air leakage? Remove from the Mighty, put thumb over the screen hole and inhale at mouthpiece. If there's little or no resistance, then the c/u is leaking.

BeWise

Have you checked the cooling unit for air leakage? Remove from the Mighty, put thumb over the screen hole and inhale at mouthpiece. If there's little or no resistance, then the c/u is leaking.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is very tight. Like airtight like is supposed to be. Thanks

BeWise,
I am sure this topic has beeen covered in the past but seeing that i am "the new kid on the block" im sure everyone will forgive me. Anyway, I've been told I can save my abv. and use it same as raw bud minus the decarb. process. If true do i need more bud than lets say 7 gram of abv. per stick of butter like normal?

VapeGod3590,

Vape_Or_Die420

I am sure this topic has beeen covered in the past but seeing that i am "the new kid on the block" im sure everyone will forgive me. Anyway, I've been told I can save my abv. and use it same as raw bud minus the decarb. process. If true do i need more bud than lets say 7 gram of abv. per stick of butter like normal?
Probably not the right forum for this discussion but yes. I use as much avb to fully absorb the cooking oil of choice. Usually 4 times the avb as what i would you for fresh herb.

Last edited:

Herbie

I mostly use capsules. It keeps things clean and also, when traveling, it’s really nice to preload caps and have them ready, rather than fumbling around grinding, filling and cleaning.

That being said, I leave the cooling unit screen in. It always gets dirty with little herb bits that come up through the top of the capsule. So, in my case, if I didn’t have the c/u screen in, these bits would go into the cooling unit and possibly, into my mouth. The amount is not insignificant. Maybe I’m drawing too damn hard on the mouthpiece? LOL.

That being said, I leave the cooling unit screen in. It always gets dirty with little herb bits that come up through the top of the capsule. So, in my case, if I didn’t have the c/u screen in, these bits would go into the cooling unit and possibly, into my mouth. The amount is not insignificant. Maybe I’m drawing too damn hard on the mouthpiece? LOL.[/QUOTE]

i am trying to use my metal grinder with less teeth to try to keep my grinds course. i too get a lot of herb bits in the bottom of the c/u screen. i just put the fine screen in to keep more out of the c/u. i notice a small amount of restriction but not enough to make a difference, but i have noticed my cu doesn't have near the small bits as it did in it.

VapeGod3590,

Herbie

That being said, I leave the cooling unit screen in. It always gets dirty with little herb bits that come up through the top of the capsule. So, in my case, if I didn’t have the c/u screen in, these bits would go into the cooling unit and possibly, into my mouth. The amount is not insignificant. Maybe I’m drawing too damn hard on the mouthpiece? LOL.

i am trying to use my metal grinder with less teeth to try to keep my grinds course. i too get a lot of herb bits in the bottom of the c/u screen. i just put the fine screen in to keep more out of the c/u. i notice a small amount of restriction but not enough to make a difference, but i have noticed my cu doesn't have near the small bits as it did in it.[/QUOTE]

Just a thought - I’ve heard that supposedly, a medium to fine grind works best in the Mighty. I use medium. I don’t mind cleaning the screen, since the cooling unit usually needs it at the same time.

Herbie,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I mostly use capsules. It keeps things clean and also, when traveling, it’s really nice to preload caps and have them ready, rather than fumbling around grinding, filling and cleaning.

I do this too. The capsule holes are actually big enough to allow anything finely-ground to enter the CU. I use the fine screens on the CU with the capsules....it adds a bit to draw resistance (which actually makes for great vapor) but keeps the CU a lot cleaner. :2c:

mitchgo61,

paulws88

Hi Mighty Owners,

Hoping to get some help here.

I've been using my mighty for about 7 months and I noticed some nights when I vape for some reason my chest gets super tight, my breathing is a wheezy/shallow and overall just unpleasant feeling. I don't know if this is from the heat from the mighty irritating my lungs. I vape on 180-190 C for each bowl. This doesn't happen every night but it's starting to be more common.

I would love any advice or any tricks that people use to prevent this as I get worried I'm doing damage to my lungs.

Probably not the right forum for this discussion but yes. I use as much avb to fully absorb the cooking oil of choice. Usually 4 times the avb as what i would you for fresh herb.

well i don't see the problem with the topic im not trying to be a dick. seeing that i use the mighty every day, i got my new mighty from Storz and Bickel California last Monday. i have about of 10 grams of nice light brown abv. i want to reuse my abv because a good reliable source said it was pretty potent. i feel like 4x my normal amount would be very excessive seeing that i make 4 sticks of butter at a time with 1 oz or fresh raw. seems like a QP would be mind melting if you catch my drift. if anyone has any idea hit me up. or if you can show me the forum to talk to someone about the subject i would be happy to take a look at that too.

VapeGod3590,
Top Bottom