The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Djsleepy

Leave the screen in Mighty chamber.
You can remove the c/u screen if using capsules all the time.

Oops could've been a mistake , thanks will remove cooling screen .....now I'm sure the screen in the mighty chamber will get dirty... anyone got idea how often using just capsules requires cleaning of chamber screen, TiA

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
Oops could've been a mistake , thanks will remove cooling screen .....now I'm sure the screen in the mighty chamber will get dirty... anyone got idea how often using just capsules requires of chamber screen, TiA
I bought mine last year for 4/20, I've used nothing but dosing caps and have not yet replaced my chamber screen. It looks light brown but none of the screen holes are clogged. Still hits like a train!

Djsleepy

I bought mine last year for 4/20, I've used nothing but dosing caps and have not yet replaced my chamber screen. It looks light brown but none of the screen holes are clogged. Still hits like a train!

Thanks, if I may another question....do you brush at all inbetween sessions?

Djsleepy,

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
Thanks, if I may another question....do you brush at all inbetween sessions?
Never, I turn it upsidedown and blow in it once in a while if I see spec of something. But overall I do nothing. I've also used nothing but a WPA and a j hook if I'm at the house. I only use the c/u for trips

Da Yooper,

Djsleepy

Never, I turn it upsidedown and blow in it once in a while if I see spec of something. But overall I do nothing. I've also used nothing but a WPA and a j hook if I'm at the house. I only use the c/u for trips

Sweet thanks again.... stoked!

Djsleepy,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Calm down, it comes with a very nice manual you can read while Mighty charges to full. That does not take long, they usually come more than 1/2 charged. But you should still charge to full before use. Then run it empty on high temp for a couple of minutes' burnoff, just to be sure (though these come really clean from the factory), that's it.
This is a very easy vape to use.

vapviking,

Djsleepy

I got the manual i just don’t get booster temps and activating....will make more sense tomorrow when I get unit

Djsleepy,

jbm

I got the manual i just don’t get booster temps and activating....will make more sense tomorrow when I get unit
Boost mode: if you double click the power button it’ll kick the temp up by about 20F. I have a mighty and like it, but it’s not really an on demand unit. I really recommend the dosing caps; if you want to vape half the load and leave it for later you can turn off the mighty and just dump the capsule out. In practice I find I take less enormous hits and space them out. When I empty the cap the abv is even brown.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
For those who don’t know I come from the MV1 which even with it latch issues I’m now seeing battery issues affecting output and since they haven’t had batteries for sale in a year, I took the plunge and my Mighty tomorrow .... I needed a reliable vape as I’m an all day long medical user....looking forward to testing it out...any starting things to be aware of (I saw the post about extending the auto timeoff)?
You’re gonna love it. I dig the MV but the reliability and consistency of the Mighty blows it away.

I personally like to use the capsules and pack them very tightly. :2c:

Djsleepy

My Mighty will be more reliable than my MV1 because I have not used my Mighty since getting an MV1.:rofl:

yeah I’m saving what’s left of good batteries but My usage is too hard for unit so at least the Mighty will be there in Times of need....

Wow ! First hit was surprising a lot more flavor than I expected.....but I do have a question....how do I turn booster temp off once you dbl click? And I assume if yo ur temp is 365 your booster temp can be up to 380 according to manual?

Last edited:

mitchgo61

yeah I’m saving what’s left of good batteries but My usage is too hard for unit so at least the Mighty will be there in Times of need....

Wow ! First hit was surprising a lot more flavor than I expected.....but I do have a question....how do I turn booster temp off once you dbl click? And I assume if yo ur temp is 365 your booster temp can be up to 380 according to manual?
Yeah I think it bumps it up 15-20 degrees. I never remember to use it...I do most of my vaping at 200-210C so I'm not sure I need a boost. I think you only disengage it by turning the power off and back on.

The Mighty has much better flavor than its reputation would lead you to believe. It's no Firefly, but it's pretty damned smooth, and unlike pure convection you never get that charring flavor that can be almost impossible to avoid in a long-ish session. The Mighty is a badass....there's some serious magic in its convection/conduction hybrid that I personally find to be superior to either method alone.

Djsleepy

So first thoughts really solid piece of equipment .... Now the capsules on the other hand.... I already had to reshape one due to man handling of it lol.....again surprised flavor so good and for the small amt of bud used in the capsules to get desired effects,I’m saving over the ghost but it almost like two good but different highs which just adds more fun to my vaping ....I have to agree it’s super easy out of the box and consistent hits one after another is very nice....now I gotta go I have to figure easy way to open and empty this pile of capsules I’ve created.....

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So first thoughts really solid piece of equipment .... Now the capsules on the other hand.... I already had to reshape one due to man handling of it lol.....again surprised flavor so good and for the small amt of bud used in the capsules to get desired effects,I’m saving over the ghost but it almost like two good but different highs which just adds more fun to my vaping ....I have to agree it’s super easy out of the box and consistent hits one after another is very nice....now I gotta go I have to figure easy way to open and empty this pile of capsules I’ve created.....
The capsules are tight when new and tend to break-in so they're not quite so difficult after a few uses...

vapviking,

jbm

I've had good results using a fingernail to try to pull up the edge of the cap. That being said, they're not easy to open. Supposedly it's easier when they're still warm. S&B say they're single-use, but I can't see that, especially throwing away all that ABV.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I can't see throwing away the aluminum!
Bought 16 caps a few years ago and still have 10 or 12 in use.

vapviking,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I bought my Mighty a few months ago during the PIU Black Friday sale. I tried temp stepping and boosting but now I just run at max temp all the time.

Dosing caps only for me, too. A few of mine were difficult to open when brand new but now many have the opposite problem and I have to bend the lids a little bit to get them to stay attached.

TIP - Be very careful to put the dosing caps into your Mighty with the lid facing up! They get VERY stuck if accidentally inserted upside down!

Check out the Delta3DStudios dosing cap loading tray. Great accessory, I love mine. Here's my post from a few pages back.
I recently bought a couple accessories from @Ratchett at Delta3DStudios -- WPA and the dosing cap loading tray.

I like the glass wpa I received with my order from PIU, glass on glass is the best, but the plastic ring holding it to the Mighty was very tight, even after filing it down a bit. I also noticed that it'd turn further into the Mighty locking tabs as it warmed up. The D3D wpa fits perfect, no stress on the Mighty tabs - much better!- and it's a perfect seal with my 18mm Rattlecan. I feel safer using this long-term since it's not putting so much stress on my Mighty tabs.

The D3D dosing cap loading tray works great! I've also got the S&B 40 cap loading tray. The S&B unit works well and it's nice having a week's worth of caps preloaded and ready to go plus it comes with lots of accessories. (love the plunger to install the lids on the caps!) The D3D unit has a couple nice advantages, though. Mainly, it works MUCH better! The nubs on the top piece that push the herb down into the caps on the S&B unit are way too short to be useful, the D3D nubs are much longer and work much, much better. No more jamming a wooden spoon handle into the caps to compress the herb!

A bit of ground herb always spills about when packing the caps and it's easy to pick up the entire D3D unit to clean up as you go. The bottom tray of the S&B unit is recessed and hidden underneath the top tray, making it very difficult to pick the entire unit.

Loading 8 caps at a time also allows me to have a variety to choose from on a daily basis rather than 40 of all the same. I loaded 4 strains yesterday and these little plastic Rubbermaid containers from the grocery store are perfect for keeping everything organized, sharpie and painter's tape for labels. :tup:

D3D.jpg

Moses Baca,

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
I bought my Mighty a few months ago during the PIU Black Friday sale. I tried temp stepping and boosting but now I just run at max temp all the time.

Dosing caps only for me, too. A few of mine were difficult to open when brand new but now many have the opposite problem and I have to bend the lids a little bit to get them to stay attached.

TIP - Be very careful to put the dosing caps into your Mighty with the lid facing up! They get VERY stuck if accidentally inserted upside down!

Check out the Delta3DStudios dosing cap loading tray. Great accessory, I love mine. Here's my post from a few pages back.
I also like Delta3dstudios debowler ash tray. It makes emptying the dosing caps alot cleaner, and when the jar is full you have a measured amount of AVB ready for making butter or what ever.

You can also set your boost temp by simply adjusting the temp while its activated, that temp will now be the preset boost temp so if you want to go from 365f to 420f you can. if i remember correctly the boost function is good for 30 seconds. no?

Baron23

A lot of folks like pbw, especially for cleaning glass pieces. I tend to prefer iso alcohol for Mighty cleaning, but if it becomes scarce...
and btw, lotta old men here!
I agree. PBW for glass used with flower vapes. ISO for concentrate reclaim in my oil rigs. ISO and ultrasonic cleaner for Mighty CU.

And I'm an old man too! hahaha

I remember the name of Sky King's airplane and the name of his niece.

hahaha...me too. Songbird and Penny....but what day of the week is this today? LOL

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the dosing capsules and prefer to top my flower loads with a liquid pad. Keeps the gunk out of the CU and CU screen while adding additional conduction for better extraction.

I do occasionally use the capsules for flower/trates sandwiches....a load of which kind of wears me out by the end of it! haha

And I definitely brush out the chamber and anything else I can get at after each and every load. With out fail and while still warm. For every vape I own.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I've had good results using a fingernail to try to pull up the edge of the cap. That being said, they're not easy to open. Supposedly it's easier when they're still warm. S&B say they're single-use, but I can't see that, especially throwing away all that ABV.
Absolutely. Don’t let em cool for hours. The resin acts like cement! Open them when they’re warm, but not hot. Works every time.

mitchgo61,

Djsleepy

Ok, capsules weren't that bad getting into, but WOW that is the most even abv I've ever seen....gonna spend some more time with several strains but first impression..... I'm a fan!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom