The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

BigJr48

Hi everyone

The mighty has arrived today.

Just after some tips before I delve in!

Do I need to do a burn off before using and for how long?

Should I start with the original mouth piece to try it out or go straight in with the bubbler or bong?

If using a water tool, should I use tap water, bottled water and what temperature? Is colder water better?

Thanks

I'm awaiting for mine to arrive as well, my understanding it's recommended to do burn-offs with the cooling unit on and at least one with some ABV to get rid of any smell.

BigJr48,

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Like any newvape I would do a few burn offs just to be safe for any manufacturing oils.
Search this thread a bit what I would do for my first experience:
I like to grind pretty fine, Load your bowl all the way up without tamping yet, I like to actually put a screen on top of the load, I even tore a bunch of those liquid pads as best I could in half to put on top of the load, that may not be ideal.

Early on it was discovered that you can make a screen look like Pac-Man just make a small slit in it to put on top of your load and it's easy to pull out after that way, really these just keep your load in place.
Screw on the cooling unit, turn on the mighty and I would start at about a hundred and eighty-five , a hundred and Ninety Degrees Celsius.

Let it get to temperature and even let it sit at temp for 30 seconds or so if you want.
Then take a nice long 10 to 15 second draw.

Should be good from the first draw if not from the second, enjoy.

graydeh1,
Reactions: BigJr48

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Mighty can get a little stinky actually, but more of a resiny smell to me.

Just save that ABV it can be made into Edibles and there's many guides on the net and even on FC.

graydeh1,

Baron23

Is there anything "special" about the material of the brush that you get with the mighty? Mine is getting worn out.

I think its horse hair or similar. Doesn't seem to be synthetic and doesn't seem to be subject to melting.

Great brush...can always get another from S&B or most retail outlets that carry their products.

Bomb33

Not in the mouth lol. But it's how you store it after the session. I found if I have it upside down after it's pretty hot and with a boat load of oil in it it will leak out the mouthpiece. That' why I now have 4 cooling units lol. Don' want to be cleaning all the time. Only quarterly.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Hi everyone

The mighty has arrived today.

Just after some tips before I delve in!

Do I need to do a burn off before using and for how long?

Should I start with the original mouth piece to try it out or go straight in with the bubbler or bong?

If using a water tool, should I use tap water, bottled water and what temperature? Is colder water better?

Thanks

For bubblers, room temperature or warm water is generally recommended with a vaporizer. It helps to condition/hydrate the vapor mlre thsn cool.

Cool water will also lead to more cannabinoid condensate forming on the glass, requiring more frequent cleaning, and less potent vapor.

I use distilled water in my water pipes, to avoid any potential bacteria, at the advice of my respiorolgoist.

The cleaner the water the better for the lungs.

verdampersweats

@dave123

You got the easyflow or muzz for water tools? Careful dont twist the eaayflow hard if so mine only seems to go in one way to be honest i feel it will snap something with the constant force but it only twists clockwise by 5mm just enough to grip no more and no resting on bongs if it sticks you risk more twisting you might forget direction twist more and seperate the housing.

And the first few bowls tasted plastic even after a burn off i would put the cu on let it heat for 2m and auto turn off and use it as normal. You should also do a stopwatch on your fresh battery to 0 capacity i did mine 210c 1hr 7m until it flashed.

verdampersweats,

dave123

For bubblers, room temperature or warm water is generally recommended with a vaporizer. It helps to condition/hydrate the vapor mlre thsn cool.

Cool water will also lead to more cannabinoid condensate forming on the glass, requiring more frequent cleaning, and less potent vapor.

I use distilled water in my water pipes, to avoid any potential bacteria, at the advice of my respiorolgoist.

The cleaner the water the better for the lungs.

Like the distilled water for car batteries? Where do you buy it from?

Thanks for the advice

dave123

@dave123

You got the easyflow or muzz for water tools? Careful dont twist the eaayflow hard if so mine only seems to go in one way to be honest i feel it will snap something with the constant force but it only twists clockwise by 5mm just enough to grip no more and no resting on bongs if it sticks you risk more twisting you might forget direction twist more and seperate the housing.

And the first few bowls tasted plastic even after a burn off i would put the cu on let it heat for 2m and auto turn off and use it as normal. You should also do a stopwatch on your fresh battery to 0 capacity i did mine 210c 1hr 7m until it flashed.

Easy flow. Whats the muzz?

dave123,

Baron23

I'm not who you asked but if in the USA, its available very cheaply in every grocery store and major drug chain store like CVS and Walgreens.

I only use distilled water....not for bacterial worry reasons (I'm pretty sure my tap water is healthy and not bacterial laden) but rather since it will not have any hard minerals, chlorine, or fluoride in there.

dave123

I'm not who you asked but if in the USA, its available very cheaply in every grocery store and major drug chain store like CVS and Walgreens.

I only use distilled water....not for bacterial worry reasons (I'm pretty sure my tap water is healthy and not bacterial laden) but rather since it will not have any hard minerals, chlorine, or fluoride in there.

Cheers il get some distilled water. How do I know its the right stuff?

dave123,

Baron23

How do I know its the right stuff?

It will say Distilled Water on the label.....yeah?

w2daX4Z.jpg

Some-new-user

dave123 Welcome to the family

You should definitely do a burn off of this product and pretty much any vaporiser that's from the factory just to be sure.

Put the mighty at max temperature and PUT THE COOLING UNIT ON - It has been stated that having the cooling unit off will make the temperature rise more than it should - potentially damaging your new beast ( I just want this to last as long as possible for you).

I didn't have to run this too many times for the smell to go, it was hardly noticeable. Other people have had to do longer and I have seen ONE case where one user had to return their unit due to it still smelling after 15 cycles or something like that. I may have been a little eager and put herb in before other users would but never really had an issue with it.

I have been a Mighty owner for a few months - this helped me quit combustion and has also saved me a lot of money on herb.

Use the liquid pad - this will help you save herb and also help produce more consistent vapour - you only need a layer to cover the diameter of the bottom screen of the chamber. This does scratch the wall of the heating chamber so the dosing capsules are an alternative option - I have had success with putting a liquid pad for the dosing capsule on top of herb and can use tiny amounts in this vape.

I use various temperatures - I generally start off around 330 F to get the most of the flavour but sort of have a few different techniques depending on my mood/intention: I can start off low and work my way up in increments. Sometimes I'll just set it to 375 and get as much as I can and then either hit the power button a few times to boost it up to 395 or manually knock it up to 410. Sometimes I start it off around 375 give it a few pulls and then go down in temp so I get a big hit and then some nice smooth flavourful clouds.

I have found that I can get considerably darker AVB if I pull very lightly - not enough for the mighty to recognise a drop in temperature from the pull. It's sort of half breathing in rather than sucking like it's a thick milkshake.

My other observation is that this is quite efficient. I had a flowermate aura and a Nokiva (cheap convection vapes) I was actually starting these out at 420 F and the sessions with these seemed to last quite a bit longer - I'd put these up to their max temperatures (435) when things started to tail off.
With the Mighty and the other two vapes I now have it seems much different. It seems like the herbs have a certain amount of vapour that they can produce per weight so with smaller amounts you might get 4 or 5 good pulls where the more you put in this will increase. It definitely hits me harder than the cheap convection vapes even at lower temperatures.

That was my main learning curve - experimenting with temperatures,loads and draw speed. The lighter and slower you can learn to draw the better experience you will get.

I have a water adaptor but the Mighty isn't specifically built for that purpose so I'm not using it with this vape. Quitting combustion actually led me to have VAS (Vaporiser Acquisition Syndrome) I went on to purchase a Plenty (sort of desktop version of the mighty and also an Extreme Q) my rationalisation behind this was why put strain on the batteries of an awesome product that is designed to be an 'on the go' vape. The plenty is awesome the extreme q is equally as awesome in its own right - so many options. I use my glass bubbler with that as the long whip means any water will be quite a distance away from the main vape. I would be gutted if one of my mates coughed a lung in to my Mighty and pushed water in to it through the bubbler *probably extreme circumstances but you never know with my luck and I just don't want to risk that.

The orange poker tool on the bottom can be rotated 180 degrees so the tamping part sticks out and used to help the Mighty stand upright. It's not totally sturdy but could help in awkward situations. I tend to load with the Mighty inbetween my legs with the provided loading tool or use the dosing capsules which can also be loaded conveniently with the lid of the magazine or if you really want to do 40 at a time there's a tool for that.

I'm sure other people will give you some good advice - this is a great product and like I said above I view this as an on the go piece. Possibly a daily driver with light use but definitely not something I would want to use 24/7. Using it like that will definitely mess the batteries up in no time. If you find you are using this a lot and it's convenient for you I would look in to a desktop. I'm using my Mighty once a week tops now, and I'm quite confident that this will last me a while as I'm treating it with a lot of care. The manual states to store it with a certain amount of charge if it won't be used in a while and I never leave this charging unattended. It gets the charge it needs and then goes in to its tub - air tight with some silica gel to take moisture away if there is any.

Hope this helps you out. Happy experimenting!

Last edited:

JCharles

Thanks for the advice

It will say distilled. And you can find it at most grocery stores in 4L jugs.

Interestingly 5he reason she mentioned it, was the pipes in homes and buildings are old and often have cracks that can introduce pathogens.

Even just the mouth of the tap used can be bacteria laden if not cleaned (and very few people ever clean their water spouts).

A better safe than sorry scenario.

I had suspected the fliuride/chlorine and minerals as well and never would have thought about contamination further up the chain

JCharles

I would like to learn this word.
what does it mean ?
confused
waterspout.jpg

spout (plural spouts) A tube or lip through which liquid or steam is poured or discharged. I dropped my china teapot, and its spout broke. A stream of liquid.

JCharles,
Reactions: Mr.Sifter

Some-new-user

I would like to learn this word.
what does it mean ?
confused
waterspout.jpg
Mr.Sifter are you UK based? Is this a serious question?. I believe Charles is talking about the tap head, aerator, mouth, spout. These comments do make a lot of sense with regards to inhaling impurities in water.

Sorry if I missed the humour there

Some-new-user,

subway13029

Maybe I’m super late on this but s and b now has capsule filling tool. Comes with 40capsules, a scale, and a way to fill all 40 I think..it’s like 50.00 but includes the digital scale and a plunger that caps the dosing caps..I’m about to place order on mine..

subway13029,
Reactions: Bomb33

analytika

A couple of HarleyTsu unground nugs in a dosing capsule with wool mesh insert.

Vapor! Two great pulls.

analytika,
Top Bottom