• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol, I'm still hoping to get a bit more feedback from early adopters before I make the next batch of loading trays!

I'm thinking about adding a pocket on one side to catch excess herbs. Are rounded corners good, or too much of a pain? @ChooChooCharlie or anyone else - PLEASE pm some thoughts on how I can tweak/improve for the next large batch of trays.

Hopefully I can begin taking preorders for the next batch soon, but I don't like taking money when I don't have a proper ETA for shipping.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have read a lot in this thread about spacers and pads etc but was skim reading. Need to get the unit in my hands and play with it a bit before I can understand exactly what y'all are talking about
Sounds like the puzzle pieces should start falling into place for you soon!
It should arrive at *80% or more charged. Plug in and charge to full right away - should not take very long; you can speed-read the manual and play with accessories while you wait.
Then, in the interest of safety and science, with chamber empty, run it up to full temp a couple of times to be sure it's not stinky or smokey or anything else bad.
As HAL said in 2001: A Space Odyssey, "I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectly." I used to use that sound bite as my computer's "startup" .wav file, followed by "Ow!...I feel good!..." (James Brown).
Enjoy!
Thanks for indulging me. I've been on forced 'break' for 7 weeks now and I'm more than a little nuts.

Beavis420

Sounds like the puzzle pieces should start falling into place for you soon!
It should arrive at *80% or more charged. Plug in and charge to full right away - should not take very long; you can speed-read the manual and play with accessories while you wait.
Then, in the interest of safety and science, with chamber empty, run it up to full temp a couple of times to be sure it's not stinky or smokey or anything else bad.
As HAL said in 2001: A Space Odyssey, "I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectly." I used to use that sound bite as my computer's "startup" .wav file, followed by "Ow!...I feel good!..." (James Brown).
Enjoy!
Thanks for indulging me. I've been on forced 'break' for 7 weeks now and I'm more than a little nuts.

Lol thanks so much. I bet that startup made you chuckle every time!

At what temps are y'all vaping flower? Or what do you recommend?

shredder

Lol thanks so much. I bet that startup made you chuckle every time!

At what temps are y'all vaping flower? Or what do you recommend?

It depends but in general my wife and i are low temp vaporists. Using the capsules, we ussually start at about 340F and finish at about 370F give or take a little.

When it was new we used to finish at 410 most times, when I wanted a quick bowl, I'd start at 380F, but all that grew old and now we just milk the great flavor hits and when they fade we stop. It helps that we have a good stash I guess.

I'm sure you will fall into a pattern after a while but do experiment, with temps, grind, varieties, water or whatever, and soon you will be a very happy camper.

Beavis420

It depends but in general my wife and i are low temp vaporists. Using the capsules, we ussually start at about 340F and finish at about 370F give or take a little.

When it was new we used to finish at 410 most times, when I wanted a quick bowl, I'd start at 380F, but all that grew old and now we just milk the great flavor hits and when they fade we stop. It helps that we have a good stash I guess.

I'm sure you will fall into a pattern after a while but do experiment, with temps, grind, varieties, water or whatever, and soon you will be a very happy camper.

Thank you Shredder! That's funny...last night I went 185 then finished it off at 210.

Really like it. Loading tool is pretty cool. What is the white plastic thing in the middle? Looks like a tamping type device but seems small. I don't think I'm using this little grinder/loading contraption right. But it's cool...it loads nice bowls. I hit 3 full bowls over the night and was done! Didn't mess with the capsules yet.

What is the ideal amount to pack in the bowl or does it matter?

Beavis420,
Reactions: shredder

Bomb33

To each thier own. Big small tight loose. You make it how you like it lol. I like the fine grind or coarser but with Kief in the middle and less is more. I learned that the hard way. Now I pack less and even use an old cu screen to put inside the cap on top of the load and it's been saving me quite a bit of bud. It's a pig but it don't consume like a pig. The caps are good for going out. Easy to pop one in on the go. Glad to see you like it @Beavis420 .

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you Shredder! That's funny...last night I went 185 then finished it off at 210.

Really like it. Loading tool is pretty cool. What is the white plastic thing in the middle? Looks like a tamping type device but seems small. I don't think I'm using this little grinder/loading contraption right. But it's cool...it loads nice bowls. I hit 3 full bowls over the night and was done! Didn't mess with the capsules yet.

What is the ideal amount to pack in the bowl or does it matter?
Check yer manual for instruction.
If the clear plastic thing were not there, material could escape the container, for one thing.
Amount in chamber can vary, but in general you try to not let it be so loose as to swirl around in there.

ChooChooCharlie

Meet my travel compadres, the three amigos:

5SHevPsm.jpg

We've been sharing this hotel room. Julio complains about my snoring, but 2qan and Buddy are too vaped to care. We had a meeting yesterday to discuss the capsule tray. I PM'd @Ratchett our findings. Hope others will PM him as well.

About that partial load in Mighty, it's that air can bypass a shifted partial load, diluting your hit. Need to evenly stabilize the load with a spacer. Can't give air a chance to scoot by.

frank1985

Am looking to pop my vaping cherry and have my eyes on the Mighty. When smoking blunts I use very small amounts of weed; does the bowl need to be filled to the brim, or will just a few pinches do? How often do you clean it? Are there any other vapes within the same price range or less that are (iyo) better?

ktmstick

Am looking to pop my vaping cherry and have my eyes on the Mighty. When smoking blunts I use very small amounts of weed; does the bowl need to be filled to the brim, or will just a few pinches do? How often do you clean it? Are there any other vapes within the same price range or less that are (iyo) better?

I make these to have options on load size.

20170703_190656_zpsmgqea3qr.jpg
20170308_123657_zpsx4uxiikp.jpg

vapenerd

Hi everyone, new here. I bought a Mighty about 3 weeks ago and used it like 15-20 times. Absolutely loving it! It's my third vaporizer after the MFLB and the Solo and my favorite by far. This thread is a great help, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with the Mighty.

So I guess it's time to clean the vape for the first time. I opened the cooling unit and there's some sticky resin in it. I would like to save it but I'm not sure how. I bought 1 liter of ethanol. On the bottle it says ethanol 96%, camphor 0.1%. Now here's my question: Does this work? Is the camphor a problem? Most people seem to use 99% isoprop alcohol but that's not easy to get where I live...

So will ethanol 96% + camphor 0.1% work or do you recommend against using it?
Also, how long should I soak the parts of the cooling unit in it? About 30 minutes?

Thanks for help and greetings from Switzerland (where only high cbd-cannabis is legal)

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/switzerland-high-cbd-cannabis-sold-legally-tobacco-substitute

shredder

Hi everyone, new here. I bought a Mighty about 3 weeks ago and used it like 15-20 times. Absolutely loving it! It's my third vaporizer after the MFLB and the Solo and my favorite by far. This thread is a great help, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with the Mighty.

So I guess it's time to clean the vape for the first time. I opened the cooling unit and there's some sticky resin in it. I would like to save it but I'm not sure how. I bought 1 liter of ethanol. On the bottle it says ethanol 96%, camphor 0.1%. Now here's my question: Does this work? Is the camphor a problem? Most people seem to use 99% isoprop alcohol but that's not easy to get where I live...

So will ethanol 96% + camphor 0.1% work or do you recommend against using it?
Also, how long should I soak the parts of the cooling unit in it? About 30 minutes?

Thanks for help and greetings from Switzerland (where only high cbd-cannabis is legal)

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/switzerland-high-cbd-cannabis-sold-legally-tobacco-substitute

Not sure on that particular ethanol, but like any solvent you really need to get every last part of the solvent out to be safe. If your not sure don't use it.

A safer option, once the vape is all gunked up is to use the tamping tool to remove resin and place the resin on a small piece of parchment paper or a silicone pad. Then clean with ethanol. Look back a few pages on this thread for an example.

Baron23

The Mighty is indeed king of well...sort of portables, not pocketable but transportable.

As for load size, I often use the dosing capsules. Above a fella showed us how he makes the capsules capacity smaller. Another way is to just pop the concentrate liquid pad over a less than full bowl. Works well.

But, this is a full bowl of dried ground herb which was ground using the New Vape Fine Grinder. How small of a bowl do you want?

IMG_485659642.jpg

ktmstick

The Mighty is indeed king of well...sort of portables, not pocketable but transportable.

As for load size, I often use the dosing capsules. Above a fella showed us how he makes the capsules capacity smaller. Another way is to just pop the concentrate liquid pad over a less than full bowl. Works well.

But, this is a full bowl of dried ground herb which was ground using the New Vape Fine Grinder. How small of a bowl do you want?

IMG_485659642.jpg

My smallest one takes 0.05, the half size one takes about 0.1-0.12 depending on grind and how packed it is. I save a full capsule for special occasions.

darbarikanada

Am looking to pop my vaping cherry and have my eyes on the Mighty. When smoking blunts I use very small amounts of weed; does the bowl need to be filled to the brim, or will just a few pinches do?

the mighty comes with a 'liquid pad', which can be used to reduce the volume of the chamber (you put it on top of the weed). I find that a full chamber is about .1 - .12g; using the liquid pad, the capacity's something like .05-.07g.

I think you're doing the right thing by considering going straight to the mighty; it's a great vape. you probably already know it, but I think you'll be surprised at how efficient it is (and how tasty!).

frank1985

the mighty comes with a 'liquid pad', which can be used to reduce the volume of the chamber (you put it on top of the weed). I find that a full chamber is about .1 - .12g; using the liquid pad, the capacity's something like .05-.07g.

I think you're doing the right thing by considering going straight to the mighty; it's a great vape. you probably already know it, but I think you'll be surprised at how efficient it is (and how tasty!).

Sounds great, after much deliberation I've finally pulled the trigger....

frank1985,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Here's a quick review of the liquid capsules after just using them twice.

Used with a amount about the size of two normal sized dabs of rosin or enough for two people the liquid capsules worked great for us.

I started at 380F and quickly went to 390 then 400 then 410. It tasted like the herb it was squeezed from. And it lasted as long as a herb load, but we quit due to not wanting more rather than running out of tasty hits.

Next I tried a huge load of about enough for four people's dabs. We started at 380F and stayed there a long while and eventually moved up. The hits were richer but still tasty.

We quit that load fairly early. But lucky for me I pulled the capsule, before rosin oozed into the heater. The whole top of the cap was gooey with rosin as well as the cooling unit.

So I've learned load size matters, it tastes great, and it does draw more bars off the battery than our normal herbal and low temp loads. And i learned that I need to keep practicing, lol.

I plan on soaking the used capsules in iso alcohol, but haven't cleaned any yet.

All for now, but I'll update after we get more experience with these.

Montell

My mighty came with a dosing capsule but I have not tried it yet, I am not sure i see an advantage other then convenience if you need reserve capsules for easy loading? Maybe i will try it though. I am not sure how it will effect airflow though? I love good airflow.

On that topic and since I have only had my mighty a month, I always pack full but I am finding the absolute best results are full but somewhat loose pack. I see some people saying to pack fairly tight, i do not get nearly as good airflow or hits in general if its packed to tight. The guy that said less is more I am agreeing with.

Thats my only complaint about it switching from a boundless cfx to a mighty, I could never go back the mighty is in a different class but the one thing I miss is the huge bowl when I vape with friends.

I added a glass mouthpiece along with a bubbler and an adapter and I am enjoying both, the glass mouthpiece I dont find a huge difference but it is wider to help with draws and the glass does not get as hot as the plastic.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Montell , one unexpected use for capsules is in a group. Having caps pre-filled means you can swap them out while chamber is still hot. Gotta watch your fingers and where you put the hot caps down, but there's not much waiting between refills.
The best use for caps is while out and about, no muss/no fuss. I bought two magazines, so that's 16 caps and two carriers. Ive lost one, but other than that they've lasted for months.
I don't think you'll find any draw restriction using caps. And the chamber itself stays cleaner longer.

Top Bottom