• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Bomb33

Montell listen to the man @vapviking as his advice for me was worth a million $$$. Lol no shit. I'm sitting here with a mighty and a gh and wow. I'm the happiest camper and all the advice from other members has just made my life easier and that much more enjoyable. Keep it up.

Montell

Not to get off topic but since you mentioned it, the Grasshopper is probably the only other vape yet that interests me (unless I try a desktop but i want to be able to move around and smoke outside not indoors and pass it easily to friends so a desktop might not be for me). I am curious how it stacks up to a mighty.

Currently i have a mighty and a sticky brick jr, i like both and they are the first vapes I have had that really hit hard in comparison to vapes that offer a more mild high, but the mighty is almost all i use and really makes me not even consider other vapes i am so satisfied with it.

So i am curious from a dual owner?

Edit:actually just noticed you commented on this already on another page.

Montell,

Bomb33

It's definitely in its own field. And as I am fairly new to the vape scene I can say my arsenal is complete with just my mighty and gh. The mighty is so much more durable and easier to use imo. I'm still waiting on @Ratchetts goodies to show up. So is difficult to load it up. The capsules for the mighty I would do on a Sunday night and pack away lol. Like a chipmunk. So I'm good for the week or so I think. The gh is quite the mind blowing experience much like the mighty was but better lol. It's just so damn amazing how it works. But reading on the gh forum you read a lot of negative opinions and stories. Proud to say I am lucky so far and can't complain here. Worth the money imo. It hits harder than the mighty and the taste is different and not sure if I prefer over mighty or not??? Hard to say. For sure a must have if your like me and curious to see some crazy technology.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The Mighty and the Hopper have very different lineage. Mighty's from one of the oldest and venerated vapes companies (oh, those German engineers!), Hopper from a fledgling young group and crowd-funded in the US. Mighty had a couple of small design stumbles when new, corrected in short order and almost anyone who sent theirs back with a problem simply got a new one (Crafty has been slightly less successful, imo). Many Grasshopper buyers have had a rougher time of it, with multiple failures and, we hear, a lot of weird customer service stories. While I've had to return mine for repair several times, they always treated me well and sent me back a working piece quickly. Lifetime warranty is comforting (we hold hope that the company lasts a long time!).
While I do love to show off the Hoppers, I would tend to use Mighty with other folks, it's just so foolproof, easier to reload and great battery life. I use Hoppers more like a single hitter type though I always need multiple single hits!; for wife and me, we share our time, but each use our own Hopper.
You must be aware there's a huge Hopper thread, so start reading over there if you have time! But i suggest approaching the Hopper purchase like a risky stock pick; only jump in if you have some disposable cash and some patience.
@Bomb33 thanks for the shout-out, but we're not alone here; many, many great posters with experiences and opinions to share, I love this place!
Come for the information, stay for the (international!!!) community...

Montell

Well i think im sold on the capsules now, only remembered to try it at the end of the night when i was done but thought i would take a few hits and try it.

I mentioned i liked airflow so I removed the screen, i seen someone else said you could with the cartridges so it peaked my interest and i tried it, (also noticed my screen was pretty dirty, partial reason why i dont like them).

I dont have use for these as far as convenience unless i decide to load two with a big group so we can pop one in and keep going if people want more.

I did not notice a decrease in airflow, maybe improved airflow slightly but i cant verify that, the holes on the cartridge are bigger then the screen i was no longer using so i thought maybe it helped slightly along with the screen being dirty and no longer being needed, when using it the old way with the screen sometimes weed would get stuck to the top screen to and clog it up, now no longer a problem. To load the capsule i just dropped it in the mighty with the top off, and i could still use the filling aid and filled the capsule while it was in the mightys chamber then put the top on.

I noticed oddly i seemed to get bigger hits, not sure why maybe the metal enclosing the weed? I have no idea. But most of all i just like the idea of how clean it keeps things as suggested above by other posters, i mentioned how dirty the top screen got and also the capsules should keep the bottom screen and area of the mighty clean to, something that worried me how to keep that area clean and now i wish i would have used the capsules right off the bat when i bought it a month ago.

I assume I can use these capsules when vaping through a bubbler to? And there shouldnt be any drawbacks such as decrease in flavor? (I only tried a cbd strain with not much taste).

With the wider glass mouthpiece and these cartridges two small improvements but together they have made the mighty even better.

As for the hopper I have been researching it for awhile, I dont think it would dethrone my mighty so I am hesitant (especially in canada where they are 275), but I am always curious, my sticky brick jr has a cult following and hits really hard and I barely use it now that i got the mighty.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

It's definitely in its own field. And as I am fairly new to the vape scene I can say my arsenal is complete with just my mighty and gh. The mighty is so much more durable and easier to use imo. I'm still waiting on @Ratchetts goodies to show up. So is difficult to load it up. The capsules for the mighty I would do on a Sunday night and pack away lol. Like a chipmunk. So I'm good for the week or so I think. The gh is quite the mind blowing experience much like the mighty was but better lol. It's just so damn amazing how it works. But reading on the gh forum you read a lot of negative opinions and stories. Proud to say I am lucky so far and can't complain here. Worth the money imo. It hits harder than the mighty and the taste is different and not sure if I prefer over mighty or not??? Hard to say. For sure a must have if your like me and curious to see some crazy technology.
Regarding loading, I use a salt spoon for my Crafty. It keeps things neat and tidy. You can find them on eBay or at your local antique or vintage shop.

vapenerd

Not sure on that particular ethanol, but like any solvent you really need to get every last part of the solvent out to be safe. If your not sure don't use it.

A safer option, once the vape is all gunked up is to use the tamping tool to remove resin and place the resin on a small piece of parchment paper or a silicone pad. Then clean with ethanol. Look back a few pages on this thread for an example.
Excellent advice, I'll check it out. Thanks.

So here's some stats from a new Mighty user:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AZA0vWF59p0NOhE2eIFDoeVZFKRPb84V8IeGyTOQtpk/edit?usp=sharing

A bit useless, I should have added a column with the color of the ABV.

Looks like my fav temp is between 170 and 180. Low temp vaping ftw!

MonkeyTime

My Mighty struck a very familiar pose tonight

NYjgmBn.jpg

I gotta look into videos, this lighting is incredible.

That's my favorite little bubbler, little dhgate 18mm cake, so easy and seems to pair with everything :rockon:

Baron23

I noticed oddly i seemed to get bigger hits, not sure why maybe the metal enclosing the weed? I

It has been my idle thought that the capsules provide greater conduction to the hybrid mix, particularly at the end of a session (you can get those "conduction vape like end hits, yeah?). AVB comes out nice milk chocolate or darker and very even.

frank1985

I haven't tried this out with weed yet bit I've been experimenting with mint, thyme and chamomile. Why is it that even after drying out the herb and following the instructions i'm getting really weak hits, even at higher temps? There is a subtle taste of herb, but nothing I would describe as overpowering...I'm not even seeing any vapour clouds. All I can taste is plastic with a hint of herb.

Am starting to think I have a defective unit.

frank1985,

MonkeyTime

I haven't tried this out with weed yet bit I've been experimenting with mint, thyme and chamomile. Why is it that even after drying out the herb and following the instructions i'm getting really weak hits, even at higher temps? There is a subtle taste of herb, but nothing I would describe as overpowering...I'm not even seeing any vapour clouds. All I can taste is plastic with a hint of herb.

Am starting to think I have a defective unit.
Regular herbs don't have nearly the same type or usually quantity of oils. They don't produce much visible vapor usually, although some can.

When you say dry it out, what do you mean? In WI right now our RH is about 60%, nothings drying without heat here and those need to be really dry. I use my dehydrator and then mason jars to keep it from absorbing it back.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Teedub

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
It has been my idle thought that the capsules provide greater conduction to the hybrid mix, particularly at the end of a session (you can get those "conduction vape like end hits, yeah?). AVB comes out nice milk chocolate or darker and very even.
Sometimes I think it's a push. You get extra conduction via the metal in the caps....but you lose the native conduction you get from the weed directly touching the bowl's metal ring, which can get Mighty (pun intended) hot.

Or maybe I'm wrong. What do I know? :p

In any case after months of going native I'm back to the capsules, thanks to @Ratchett letting me browbeat him into sending me a prototype of his capsule loader. Being able to load six or eight caps at once has revitalized my capsule usage. (In fact I loaded all 40 caps with 8 different strains and for the first time was like "fuck, 40 isn't enough!!" :lol:)

Baron23

Sometimes I think it's a push. You get extra conduction via the metal in the caps....but you lose the native conduction you get from the weed directly touching the bowl's metal ring, which can get Mighty (pun intended) hot.

Or maybe I'm wrong. What do I know? :p

In any case after months of going native I'm back to the capsules, thanks to @Ratchett letting me browbeat him into sending me a prototype of his capsule loader. Being able to load six or eight caps at once has revitalized my capsule usage. (In fact I loaded all 40 caps with 8 different strains and for the first time was like "fuck, 40 isn't enough!!" :lol:)
You may well be right, Mitch.....so, where you going to be this weekend with them forty filled caps, huh? :brow::lol:

Bomb33

That's why I got 80 lmao but where is my capsule loader??? Lol. I think that's how I got a six pack. From packing the damn capsules. And unloading. Now there's one for you ratchett. You need a capsule unloader? Or does yours do that too lol send me one my way so I can stop doing the mighty ab workout. Just got my goods from ratchett and the new adapter for the mighty is legit. Pretty much put my gh away lol. Nothing can touch the performance of the mighty. Yet. Close but not close enough. Nice job ratchett.

CaptVapor

I just got a warranty Mighty replacement and don't remember... do I need to do a burn off with the Mighty? Or can I just charger her batteries up and get back to vapor town??

CaptVapor,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That's why I got 80 lmao but where is my capsule loader??? Lol. I think that's how I got a six pack. From packing the damn capsules. And unloading. Now there's one for you ratchett. You need a capsule unloader? Or does yours do that too lol send me one my way so I can stop doing the mighty ab workout. Just got my goods from ratchett and the new adapter for the mighty is legit. Pretty much put my gh away lol. Nothing can touch the performance of the mighty. Yet. Close but not close enough. Nice job ratchett.

Lol, I'm still trying to plan out the changes for V2 of my loading tray design. I've got a few different PM's of ideas to consolidate into one formal list of changes to the design.

Promise I know there's a lot of people asking about trays. I'm hoping to enable preorders on my store for the new V2 trays before the end of the week. My best suggestion is to check out my product listing ( https://delta3dstudios.com/storz-bickel-dosing-capsule-loading-tray/ ) over the next week to see if I've added a preorder button.

Been using the hell out of my Crafty with my new V3 Mighty adapter, might need to upgrade to a Mighty once my Crafty kicks the bucket :lol:

bobo305

hey dudes, 2 questions. don't have the time to read thru 500 pages..lol ready to pull the trigger on this baby, where should I purchase it, S&S or PIU? also which is the best water adapter?

bobo305,

Beavis420

hey dudes, 2 questions. don't have the time to read thru 500 pages..lol ready to pull the trigger on this baby, where should I purchase it, S&S or PIU? also which is the best water adapter?

Maybe read the last couple pages?

Beavis420,

ambertrichome

S&B for quick postage and no middle man for warranty issues:2c:

ambertrichome,

MonkeyTime

@Ratchett 's V3 is the one you want. The only thing that would make it perfect is a little longer neck on the 18mm part. It's normal length, but I have a few recessed pieces that it would work with then w/out an adapter!

bakednvaped

Just received my new model Mighty WOW ! The last time i was this stoned was when someone tricked me into having a full "bucket bong" which if i remember correctly i nearly coughed up a lung!
The price was a shock (more so for the wife) but worth every penny .This is a massive upgrade from the cfx in every way , i was up till now very happy with the cfx but it died on me last week after 8 months of daily use, so i bit the bullet and ordered the " best portable on the market " after weeks of research .

ChooChooCharlie

And then there were two.

OeO84FCm.jpg

Don Julio feels left out. 2 friggin' weeks with no booze! Worse than a T break.

Mighty doesn't mind resting on the arm of this stained, nasty hotel chair. Love the 4 point stance of the 2qan, like an old Christmas tree stand. Makes me smile. Like the capsule tray, not a must have, but they both enhance the Mighty vape experience. Simple pleasures for my simple mind.

It has been a great vape for hotel rooms. Portable and easy to stash away quickly. Left it standing on floor once, forgot to stow it. Still there upon my return, so housekeeping must prefer combustion.

Top Bottom