The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

jimdee

That's odd, mine does not vibrate on auto-off :( It's one of the recent versions aswell. I may shoot S&B an email, just got it a few days ago...
From p. 16 of the instruction pamphlet (section 7.1):

"...The device switches off automatically one minute after the last press of a button or the last application. The switching off of the vaporizer is indicated by a short vibration..."

Maybe they've changed it with newer versions. Let us know if you hear back.

Best,
jd

shaolinmilk

That's odd, mine does not vibrate on auto-off :( It's one of the recent versions aswell. I may shoot S&B an email, just got it a few days ago...
It seems like there's a bug with the newer version with the vibration. My older version was really consistent with the vibration; the newer version I have only sometimes vibrate when it turns off.

6079Smith

I sent my Mighty in for case repair it came back with the Firmware update which causes the Vibration Pulses warning of Auto-Shutoff. They also sent me a piece of paper saying your Mighty has a new Serial number. My original was MY16xx now its MY7xxx
I wish they'd have done the same for me. You're fortunate that they did not transfer the old sticker to the new device like they did with mine. They did a poor job aligning and the adhesive does not stay stuck. I'd cut it off or cover it but it's tied to the warranty, such a stupid problem over a sticker

Still, I've had nothing but positive experiences with their warranty service. They've not charged me for things they could have and have had a rapid turnaround.

I wish they'd have done the same for me. You're fortunate that they did not transfer the old sticker to the new device like they did with mine. They did a poor job aligning and the adhesive does not stay stuck. I'd cut it off or cover it but it's tied to the warranty, such a stupid problem over a sticker

Still, I've had nothing but positive experiences with their warranty service. They've not charged me for things they could have and have had a rapid turnaround.
I wouldn't call it fortunate. The put a new sticker on an an old device. Hell I cant even be sure the old device is mine. I know its an old device by the stained bowl area

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: blackstone

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
V18COUG.png
uTy42JZ.png
Anybody tried to blow out the airpath way with a can of compressed air??
This. i too am concerned about my air path.

cloudsosmoke

im not using S&B brush for
cleaning/brushing outside

i do it with cheap 1.5" paintbrush
it has much longer bristles
i jam it in there - make sure it gets right between and underneath

so air path stays completely free of debris
..and mighty doesnt look dusty

blackstone

A brush is a great idea in the fins alright, must get a bigger one like that. I can't get a regular pipe cleaner in to that gap where the air goes but I've run strips of kitchen towel through and moved them around with tools.
I wonder if some of those deposits are from the bowl contents just heating up, or also some inrush from the mouthpiece at times.
The latter might be reduced by using those check valve mouthpieces that S&B released.
If you're like me, and a WPA means stuffing a hose onto the stock MP, then these could also be used to prevent water rushing back to the Mighty?

One thing I missed from the Mighty was, it was my first new vape without a sticker in the box! HA

I thought I read of someone trying a battery change, not sure how it worked. Almost everyone else says don't even try it.
How much is it for them to battery change at factory again around $100 or €80?
I'd imagine 3 to 5 years service from a pack? For me, it will always be cheaper than the old cigarettes and rolling papers!
They might update firmware, service, or find a fault that may have set you on fire! And I'm still (slightly) hoping for their next gen magi battery upgrade that might change things like charge or heatup times, longevity, and number of sessions from a charge, although that might be more beneficial for the Crafty owners than us lot!

blackstone

I think it says to charge it fully first, but it says no actual damage will occur if you don't.
It might be good practice, if I got a new one again I'd let it charge fully the first time before even testing the heater works, as it arrived almost half full and wouldn't take long.
The first full charge does count on some battery arrangements apparently.
Good luck with the new beast! And you should pull off that silly screen protector label the first day imo!

For those like @CanadianFlowers with added draw resistance, I think I felt it once but I've had strange objects in that bowl!
I've noticed that the finer the screens, the more resistance. Have you converted to fine screen on top like many here?
Also, if changing one screen to a finer one affects flow so noticeably, then a super fine grind might also hamper flow?
I wonder if you'd like the airflow of those methods that remove the bottom screen and use capsules, although it might lose too much out the bottom from a fine grind.

Also, just wondering,
Did anyone ever weigh a clean, dry CU, then use it for one, two, or more weeks,
and then weigh it again?
Thought that would be interesting but I don't have scale.
I suppose its unimportant if the screen is included, just for a very approximate idea of what gathers there?

babybender

From p. 16 of the instruction pamphlet (section 7.1):

"...The device switches off automatically one minute after the last press of a button or the last application. The switching off of the vaporizer is indicated by a short vibration..."

Maybe they've changed it with newer versions. Let us know if you hear back.

Best,
jd

Thanks, will let you know what they say!

It seems like there's a bug with the newer version with the vibration. My older version was really consistent with the vibration; the newer version I have only sometimes vibrate when it turns off.

I think you are correct on this, as mine also only vibrates sometimes on auto-off. Shame that users can't do firmware updates manually, I wouldn't bother sending it back for something like this.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Doesn't really matter; you can use it with NO battery life, as it has true pass through! It's a desktop too, just plug it in and go! It'll charge the battery as you vape
Just to clarify, I don't believe it is 'true' pass-through charge. That would mean charging and heating simultaneously. Mighty, when plugged in & clicked on, will heat, then when temp. is reached it switches to charging. It cycles back and forth while in use. You can see this happening at the battery charge indicator (bars blinking/not blinking, increasing as you go along).

Yes, the nice thing is that the charge when Mighty is powered up is strong enough to overcome the drain of use, so eventually you're almost fully charged even though it's been in 'continuous' use.

None of the above addresses what might be happening to the batteries in terms of useful life, from this type of use; according to convention this practice may very well shorten a battery's lifespan. After a year with Mighty, pretty heavy daily use and at last half of the time plugged in, I still get, idk, 6, 8 or more bowls (10 caps!) at least from a charge. Heat up time is about 1:30.

The remaining question in my mind is, If(when!) batteries have crossed over to that great all-knowing charger in the sky, will Mighty still function as a plug-in?

Last edited:

babybender

Got a reply from S&B regarding the auto-off not vibrating:

'The behavior of the MIGHTY you described is intended due to other specifications.

If the unit shuts off the first time it will vibrate.

When you heat it up again within approximately 5 min. It will not vibrate when it shuts itself off.

We hope this information is of assistance for you.'

So it's an intentional 'feature'... Maybe power-saving?

Pharoh

I sent my Mighty in for case repair it came back with the Firmware update which causes the Vibration Pulses warning of Auto-Shutoff. They also sent me a piece of paper saying your Mighty has a new Serial number. My original was MY16xx now its MY7xxx
They gave me a new serial number too. They did not tell me they updated the unit...maybe that's why I noticed a pulsing vibration on the returned and repaired Mighty..

blackstone

Credit goes to @pakalolo for linking to the Crafty vaporizer:Whats inside vid from youtube last year.
And full credit to Vaporizers Reviewed for making the video and these images but I screencapped them from the vid.
It's a crafty but mighty is highly similar/same here.
I thought it was a clear plastic intake hose in there but it's a huge oblong channel.
I see now on mine the opening in that clamshell lower hole is larger than i thought too.
Can also see in the last image how the air travels up through the metal bowl assembly.

RUBIciZ.jpg

njJ1KOs.jpg

fgfYl4J.jpg

It might get blocked in there, I'm lucky I've still got good flow with stock set up and empty bowl after 8 months.
Can also see that a battery change just might be possible by a third party. As for DIY, its
probably one of those things while wiping away the sweat and tears you'll think you should have just paid the factory to do it?!
(Or is that just a plug out battery there?)

Top Bottom