The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ktmstick

My Crafty has about 115 hours through 6 months usage. I would like to upgrade it to a brand new Mighty. The Crafty itself is not actually failing, however, battery life has taken a hit. It is simply not conducive to my usage anymore due to the amount of time it takes to heat up. I was the first guy on this forum with v2.10.

How can I guarantee, if possible, that S&B will honor that upgrade?
What have other got a replacement for? The vibrate on my Crafty is playing up, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't, so I need to do an rma.

ktmstick,

Bomb33

Playing around with these capsules lol.
So I'm new to vaping and I started out with the mighty. The happiest camper right here. Was packing the caps tight before now I'm using half as much not as tight and it's the same shit just not as big of a pile. You know what I'm saying. I packed them tight cause I read everywhere you want it packed tight. Props to you guys on here. Mighty savers you are lol. Waiting for the god damn elastics is killing me. Still can't believe I dropped it.

Bomb33

No just splitting at the top. Ordered the ammo bands to help hold it together and protect it I hope.

Bomb33,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Has anyone disassembled a Mighty?

I got mine in May 2015. 1.5 years ago. It, works just like I got it lol, slightly less charge. No cracks no fractures no body damage :D

I don't know how to solder :/ but *knock on wood* I doubt mine is going to fail or require a warranty before the warranty expires. Will S&b upgrade my batts/me down the line? Obviously I would pay some $ but wouldn't be full mighty price. Would it be possible for me to install new batts myself? If I can revitalize once it dies and not have to send it, that would be cool.

Vaporcussion

I packed them tight cause I read everywhere you want it packed tight.

In general, yes. You don't want herb flying around in a bowl on any vape, but being inside the dosing capsule bypasses that as it holds the herb in place, more or less. A half or 3/4 pack with a light press works great.

As an experiment, I tried a tiny amount at bottom of bowl, and used just the top cover of the dosing cap, upside down, as spacer. That worked too! (Just don't ever put in the whole capsule upside down, as it will get stuck in the bowl)

Btw, anyone know where do you get those ceramic lids?

Will S&b upgrade my batts/me down the line?
Im sure they will.

cloudsosmoke

not ceramic lids but same size

i got some of these - theyre pretty cheap

theyll fit until partway down bowl (~1/3) - then get stuck

so only (very) small load
.. ive used them ..id say they work

i did it this way

drop screen carefully into bowl ..add pinch ..no tamping

when youre finished turn vape upside-down and shake out

..might be easier than capsule lid and similar taste

15mm PIPE BOWL SMOKING SCREENS | EVERLASTING STAINLESS STEEL CONCAVE
s-l400.jpg

ebay.co.uk link ..for US seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-piece-1...EEL-CONCAVE-/201435130268?hash=item2ee678299c

darbarikanada

Try the dosing capsules. Seems to turn the Mighty from a slight weed hog to a major efficient/conservative beast.

(the answer to my question is probably here somewhere, but I'm being lazy...) could you give an estimate of % change in efficiency, as in 'same # of vapes with X% less weed'?

also: efficiency aside, I seem to recall someone saying the caps increase 'cloud production' - is that your experience?

darbarikanada,
Reactions: blackstone

Vaporcussion

someone saying the caps increase 'cloud production'

The Mighty produces huge clouds regardless of the method you choose; but the capsules reduce the amount you use. I'd guess 25-30% less than a full bowl. The capsules are also great for easy dump/reload on the go. Today I did that on a windy beach, and thought how hard it would be with a FF2, or any vape that requires stirring.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
(the answer to my question is probably here somewhere, but I'm being lazy...) could you give an estimate of % change in efficiency, as in 'same # of vapes with X% less weed'?
Normally I love math but this is hard to quantify. :p Forced to guess, I'd say when I was filling the bowl fully vs. the caspules I was going through almost twice as much weed. I think some of it is the psychology of the session vape....I end up trying to finish off the bowl rather than stopping where I really should stop. :lol:

I put anywhere from .12 to .16 g's in the capsules, and that amount is usually plenty for a full session for me, irrespective of strain.
also: efficiency aside, I seem to recall someone saying the caps increase 'cloud production' - is that your experience?
The Mighty produces huge clouds regardless of the method you choose; but the capsules reduce the amount you use. I'd guess 25-30% less than a full bowl. The capsules are also great for easy dump/reload on the go. Today I did that on a windy beach, and thought how hard it would be with a FF2, or any vape that requires stirring.

I agree, the vapor quality and production seem the same in either method, but the capsules require a lot less material to achieve the same results.

blackstone

I couldn't decide between the Mighty or the Crafty. I got a lot of help on FC that time, thanks btw.
Said I'd buy the reliable, big battery one first and probably get the Crafty in the future.
Then I had the Mighty I didn't think I'd ever need the exact same type vape in smaller size.
But after browsing so many vapes for suitability as a new gadget, I'm nearly ending up back at the Crafty now lol!

It's down to the efficiency and taste of this format and how it can be customized,
the reduced price from when they were new helps.
They have nice one piece design in use, and the customer service seems reasonable (compared to some) with improving reliability over the years.

Knowing my luck, if I do buy a Crafty after getting the Mighty...... S&B would definitely launch that new portable that has been forecast!!

So I'm new to vaping and I started out with the mighty. The happiest camper right here. Was packing the caps tight before now I'm using half as much not as tight and it's the same shit just not as big of a pile. You know what I'm saying. I packed them tight cause I read everywhere you want it packed tight. Props to you guys on here. Mighty savers you are lol. Waiting for the god damn elastics is killing me. Still can't believe I dropped it.

I can believe it!
You're lucky you did. I thought I could save money at the start.
But it cost me hundreds in poor quality units to figure out I instead needed to invest in some non- chinese quality!

Even a 1/4 pack works good in those capsule too, everything in there seems to get blasted! Nice to have a full one sometimes too!
I filled one a little heaped/overfull just to stop things shaking about in there the other day. It turned out to be a powerful, tasty outdoor session, just what I got the Mighty for!

@darbarikanada Re: capsule efficiency, I think it's just the capsules focus the heat of the Mighty, which is already great at fully extracting from any amount.
I think they add a bit more conduction and make abv darker, which could explain extra clouds too. but I also think the liquid pad does this in the main bowl.
They're like a mobile, clean alternative to using small amounts in the bowl with the pad. One can get lots of effect from a pinch or two. With the option of filling the cap completely and coming close to a full bowl.
Another technique is to have a small amount in 4 to 8 caps, and while the vape is hot, keep reloading until you've had enough.
That might be efficient?
For me, the best thing about this vape is being able to enjoy the taste of it more than two or four times a day.
As with some of these smart new conduction vapes, how often you use it might be limited, as you need to stuff some moneys worth in to make them work right at all.

But somebody might be able to answer you better!

shaolinmilk

When I use the dosing caps, I fill it tight... it produces way bigger clouds compared to loading it without the cap. This is how I've been vaping and since the dosing cap got introduced, I've been using my Mighty a heck a lot more (probably tied with the EVO for usage).

radiant34

Has anyone disassembled a Mighty?

I got mine in May 2015. 1.5 years ago. It, works just like I got it lol, slightly less charge. No cracks no fractures no body damage :D

I don't know how to solder :/ but *knock on wood* I doubt mine is going to fail or require a warranty before the warranty expires. Will S&b upgrade my batts/me down the line? Obviously I would pay some $ but wouldn't be full mighty price. Would it be possible for me to install new batts myself? If I can revitalize once it dies and not have to send it, that would be cool.
i think battery replacement is $80, same thing with case replacement(plastic fins breaking). would prob be cheaper and time consuming if you just buy an iron solder and solder it

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
I am very interested in purchasing a mighty, but I'm not sure where would be the best place to get one. I live in California, and picking one up from a local store would be preferred. Has anyone had any luck finding one in stores in the US? How does the warranty work when buying from a third party, in person or online? Lastly if buying one from a store in person is not an option does anyone know the best website to find one online?

I'm pretty sure I want to get a bubbler attatchment and possibly some other accessories (anyone have any suggestions or must buy add-ons?) as well. I've read of and seen some videos of a Mighty bubbler bundle, but can't seem to find such a thing online, anyone know?

VaporSipper

Did you get your unit from the vapor institute and if so was it on back order like it is now?

It was a while ago and it wasn't on backorder, but since the Mighty is not a "just released" unit, I'm sure they can get stock in a few days. I don't, however, know if the coupon code is still valid. If you keep an eye on their Facebook page or Twitter feed, they periodically post deals there.

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
the last thing that I'm concerned about before I pull the trigger is how reliable the mighty is and how long the unit should last? I'm confused by the information online as to reliability.

VaporSipper

the last thing that I'm concerned about before I pull the trigger is how reliable the mighty is and how long the unit should last? I'm confused by the information online as to reliability.

I've had mine for about a year with no problems whatsoever. I guess it depends on how careful you are with your stuff. I would consider myself in the careful category, but I use it pretty much daily and it still looks and functions like new. The dosing capsules are great, not just for pre-packing, but also help keep your oven clean. I have quite a few vapes, and I like many of them, but the Mighty is still the best IMHO.

blackstone

I meant to say recently, it's unfair that some reviews still say Mighty has above average failure rate.
Most of that might have been at the beginning 2 years ago, but they addressed a weakness in the casing and something else.
My unit hasn't skipped a beat in 8 months, and it gets out and about too. And I heard a similar story of 1.5 years here the other day.
Newer units now have more revisions to the haptics and who knows what else.
At least a form of post warranty service exists with this company.
10 year or lifetime warranty sounds great, until the company starts ignoring you or telling you get lost as I've read in other threads.

I might also echo what @Mr. Me2 said back at that link above, that @PuffItUp might get you a good offer if that other coupons expired, and I believe they have a vapor lounge in your State if that helps?
Never used them myself but comes highly recommended on here by all!

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
The vapeinstitute code still works and brings the price down to $320 which is great! The only problems are it's in back stock. I recently canceled my order on a Da Vinci IQ because of shipping issues and stalling and I have to admit I'm super excited and pretty impatient to get my hands on a new vape so getting it asap is a big priority. The other issue that I'm unsure of is the different versions of the mighty out there and whether or not I would be receiving the most up to date version from a third party.

I am considering just buying it straight for S&B. If I do so, will I need to get a charging adapter for US outlets? And if anyone has ordered directly from them to US or even better CA, how long was your shipping time?

Oh and also what is the best adapter to hook the mighty up to a bong in your guys' opinion?

blackstone

The vapeinstitute code still works and brings the price down to $320 which is great! The only problems are it's in back stock. I recently canceled my order on a Da Vinci IQ because of shipping issues and stalling and I have to admit I'm super excited and pretty impatient to get my hands on a new vape so getting it asap is a big priority. The other issue that I'm unsure of is the different versions of the mighty out there and whether or not I would be receiving the most up to date version from a third party.

I am considering just buying it straight for S&B. If I do so, will I need to get a charging adapter for US outlets? And if anyone has ordered directly from them to US or even better CA, how long was your shipping time?

Oh and also what is the best adapter to hook the mighty up to a bong in your guys' opinion?

I forgot to mention there's a code for 15%off for puffitup.com on the Supporting Retailers page on this forum, and they have Mighty in stock!
If you want to find out if @PuffItUp has the newest units with the numerous small vibes before shutdown, it would be worth a quick message via here or the website. but it's almost certain that they have new-ish stock with at least the casing upgrades like mine or much newer etc. (and the haptic thing is simply firmware that can be added to any Mighty by the factory later IIRC)

S&B have a division based in California with US website so you would not wait long and you might get it with correct plug fitted.

Others will have to answer about the adapter, as I've only DIY'd with water so far

vapviking

Old & In the Way

It's debatable I suppose and some folks think the best one is a modification that you can learn about as you go on, the muzzmod. Takes a little skill, time, epoxy, yadda, yadda, yadda, sometimes they fail....

Something pretty quick would be found at delta3dstudios, maker extraordinaire of vape accessories and FC participant @Ratchett . His are silicone and work very well, at least two choices: one kind that would slip onto the mouthpiece, and one that replaces the entire top half of the cooling unit. I've been fine with
http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/
It's for both 14 and 18 mm female glass joint.
Worth ordering with that is a mini stand since mighty is very weak in the knees and barely can stand on its' own.
Purchasing from S&B America (Oakland) and I assume all other US auth. sellers will get you a US-current charge adapter.
My Mighty gets very steady use and has lasted a bit over a year now, and I had good experience with them (Oakland), but that was when everbody's price seemed more rigidly monitored. I think if you email or call Puffitup you might work something out, though that's hearsay to me.....
Whatever, Do it!

Top Bottom