The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

babybender

I had a new one I sent in to be repaired..my dog chewed it up..still worked but I replaced body and CU..I don't remember it vibrating but the repaired job they did for me, I get 5 short vibrations like a countdown before it turns off...
That would make this device perfect for me.

Bomb33

Just had to say this thing is certainly mighty. Loving it for the last few weeks now. Could you put in a better battery? Giving a longer cycle. ? And any recommendations for a second vape? This was my first and am almost considering buying another. That's how good this thing is. But the grasshopper or pax do they compare?

babybender

Just had to say this thing is certainly mighty. Loving it for the last few weeks now. Could you put in a better battery? Giving a longer cycle. ? And any recommendations for a second vape? This was my first and am almost considering buying another. That's how good this thing is. But the grasshopper or pax do they compare?
I wouldn't bother with a Pax since you've got the Mighty already. And the GH seems pretty unreliable currently.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
As much as I have loved the Pax, and now Pax2, I'm afraid it might be disappointing after a Mighty, so that deserves serious research to see if you'd want to go that way. They are beautiful, great battery, great warranty, but imo they are a now second-tier portable. Sorry I can't comment on Pax3, maybe some quantum leap, but the change seems more in features than in quality of vape /experience, again I haven't tried the 3.

I do have a couple of Grasshoppers (along with a Mighty and Pax2) and these things are amazing (convection!) - ***when working*** as we say. I believe, and see, they are getting incrementally better and I do believe HLabs is in it for the long haul. The lifetime warranty is no small feature, and service has been very, very good to me. Pre-ordering is still months out (they're just shipping March '16 orders now), though they can be found as available for more premium prices.

I hope others have a suggestion or two for you. This is what I have experience with. Your choice of the Mighty was excellent.

Mr. Me2

Welcome @Bomb33 !

I have a Crafty, pax2, and gh so I thought I'd weigh in. It's difficult to make a recommendation without knowing your preferred vaping style or needs/uses. To start with, is stealth important to you? Will this be an at home vape or on the go?

And do you need/prefer a vape for solo use or for sharing? Finally (not really...), do you prefer a one-and-done approach to vaping, or do you like sessions?

I have to admit that although my listed vapes are my top 3 right now, I'm STILL on my gh honeymoon and have been since I got it. But it's not great for sharing. I find that for me, it's the perfect one-and-done vape. As @vapviking said (and I agree), the gh does have some reliability issues, but ghl's customer service has been great. And there is the wait without paying a premium.

The pax2 is elegant, has great reliability and is a top conduction vape. This one can be shared too and is definitely a session vape. And their presence on this site has been top notch.

And there are other new vapes out that I've been watching. The DaVinci IQ seems very promising, but may need stirring (which is a vape killer for me). I'm really looking forward to the pax3. And the firewood4 looks beautiful (but not readily available yet). And of course, people seem to be loving their Boundless vapes (but the form factor is similar to your Mighty, so you may want something different).

Don't want to confuse things for you so I'll stop here. Hope this helps.

Bomb33

Lol. Thanks for the suggestions. I like the mighty but as you say I need a one and done just for at work and while out and about. I was thinking gh but the wait and unreliability is a turn off. I'm going to buy another mighty lol. Maybe I'll wait till Christmas and see what's on sale.

Bomb33,

TboneToker

Lol. Thanks for the suggestions. I like the mighty but as you say I need a one and done just for at work and while out and about. I was thinking gh but the wait and unreliability is a turn off. I'm going to buy another mighty lol. Maybe I'll wait till Christmas and see what's on sale.

Mighty's wont go on sale but if you need a one and done, quick little reliable vape, try the MFLB

babybender

Might be worth looking at the Milaana by RBT. On-demand convection vape, but you must regulate the temperature yourself.

Bomb33

Stealth is nice kind of like the mighty with capsules lol. The gh had me excited until I read the unreliability part. And I want something sooner than later. I checked the magic flight out. Looks cool but as someone said I started with the best being the mighty lol. Anyone know where the cheapest price is in canada lol. I got mine for 479$ which was Worth it but cheaper would be nice on my wallet. Only downside I see with the mighty is the battery but really it's not bad comparing to what's out there. Don't know what I was doing all these years without it.

Bomb33,

Bomb33

Also is it that much nicer to hook this thing up to a bubbler ? Cause it certainly looks that way. Just is hard core no? Lol.
I consider myself a sipper with this thing though. Some good weed and you can't rip on it without ripping your lungs lol. I still am in shock and awe with this thing. Amazing what these Germans can make.

darbarikanada

as a mighty owner without VAS (!??), I follow threads about new vapes to see if/when I should consider 'upgrading'. fortunately this site has members who've shared their opinions regarding comparisons between the mighty and newer vapes. to date I haven't seen anything that 'kills' the mighty. the issues that tend to leave mighty at the top: no need to stir, even vaporization, not hard to draw, reliable, cool vapor/good flavor, ease of use (you don't need a super specific grind or draw). I'm probably missing something, but you get the idea: it's going to be hard to beat.

I would second the idea of an MFLB for a 2nd vape: they're cheap (used), reliable, work fine, even with small loads. but the mighty truly 'kills' it - there's no comparison (all that damn shaking you have to do with the MFLB, and different strains can vape very differently; I've had more than one strain actually combust!).

Elbuort19

For the sake of $40 to $50 Cdn get a bubbler from DHgate and another $20 for an Arizer Extreme Q whip and you can vape a full bowl in a couple of big rips. Cheapest price I've seen on the Mighty in Canada is through LP's. I know of 2 that sell for $375 Cdn but that's pointless if your not signed with them. Other than that I've not found cheaper and I even tried to source Mil/LEO discounts and found none.

Vapcap would be good for being discrete at work and they are cheap. You could also look at a log for home and just use the Mighty for on the go.

Elbuort19,
Reactions: Bomb33

Reggie Watts

as a mighty owner without VAS (!??), I follow threads about new vapes to see if/when I should consider 'upgrading'. fortunately this site has members who've shared their opinions regarding comparisons between the mighty and newer vapes. to date I haven't seen anything that 'kills' the mighty. the issues that tend to leave mighty at the top: no need to stir, even vaporization, not hard to draw, reliable, cool vapor/good flavor, ease of use (you don't need a super specific grind or draw). I'm probably missing something, but you get the idea: it's going to be hard to beat.

I would second the idea of an MFLB for a 2nd vape: they're cheap (used), reliable, work fine, even with small loads. but the mighty truly 'kills' it - there's no comparison (all that damn shaking you have to do with the MFLB, and different strains can vape very differently; I've had more than one strain actually combust!).
Haha, yeah...the Mighty is an excellent panacea for VAS. It's just too perfect to leave anything to be desired (unless you're really into instant on-demand vaping, but let's be honest, most of those vapes don't hold a candle to the Mighty).

TboneToker

Stealth is nice kind of like the mighty with capsules lol. The gh had me excited until I read the unreliability part. And I want something sooner than later. I checked the magic flight out. Looks cool but as someone said I started with the best being the mighty lol. Anyone know where the cheapest price is in canada lol. I got mine for 479$ which was Worth it but cheaper would be nice on my wallet. Only downside I see with the mighty is the battery but really it's not bad comparing to what's out there. Don't know what I was doing all these years without it.

Wow amazing price at 479$CAD, may I ask where you found that!

TboneToker,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

buy the crafty

Gregg K

Vape my day!
What I've found to be a source of confusion about why it's not vibrating. versus vibrating. is whether or not the controller sees the draw as a session. I mean, if the heater is coming on, and the temp is low, and you take a draw, the rising temp isn't seen as below setpoint. As you're drawing, the temp is rising, and the controller sees a normal heating cycle, not a session. Whereas when the heater is off, and the temp is high, when you draw, the temp drops below setpoint. That would register as a session. So even though you take a hit, it may or may not register as a session to the control board.
Because I can go on a 20 minute walk with a bowl, and sometimes not have it turn off at all. Sometimes it goes off a number of times.
So sometimes even though you take a hit, it may not be seen by the controller. Take a number of those in a row, and the controller acts like you never took them. I have that happen when I take small hits. And this would explain the confusion behind why it vibrates sometimes and sometimes not.

All I know is my bong is neglected.

ktmstick

Crafty is an amazing sidekick to the mighty. I use them in rotation so I always (when I do it right) have one ready to go. Nothing worse than the battery going dead at 158 degrees c!

Bomb33

Appreciate the suggestions. I got it at Medusa 420 bong shop. Medusa420.com definitely going to my lp to get one at a discount. Just ordered those ammo bands as I dropped it and now the top is splitting. Wtf. I'm an idiot. Still works lol. Just feel like I dropped my newborn.....

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
I have come to the conclusion that i was way over packing my material, as i mentioned before i was not getting optimum results with my mighty. I put in .06 on 350f and get wonderful results using one of the spare screens to 'tamp' down the load. Be wary how much you pack..

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Second that. As a new user I'm going through quite a bit of bud lol. Starting to try and be conservative and see the results
This thing works wonders with not even a .1 very nice effects/flavor every time. keep on experimenting bro, i like to fill it up when im sharing c: just have to remember to use the included liquid pad or use one of the spare screens (easier)

Second that. As a new user I'm going through quite a bit of bud lol. Starting to try and be conservative and see the results

You are probably still in the honeymoon period of a new vape. If I want to get a slap in the face, I put between 0.2-0.25 and I get what i ask for, and I'm a wake&bake kind of guy for years.
I think if you get the pressure of the herb in the chamber, your experience will change for good.

stereo420

My Crafty has about 115 hours through 6 months usage. I would like to upgrade it to a brand new Mighty. The Crafty itself is not actually failing, however, battery life has taken a hit. It is simply not conducive to my usage anymore due to the amount of time it takes to heat up. I was the first guy on this forum with v2.10.

How can I guarantee, if possible, that S&B will honor that upgrade?

Top Bottom