The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

flyfishwino

Hi,
I've had several Crafty's and a Mighty and one thing for sure, S&B are clean freaks. If unit is new and genuine I would not worry about it; they know their business.
If anything, set it on max temp and run it up (empty) a couple of times. I'd do this with c/u removed so fumes, if any, can clear. Do not take a draw until after this brief process. Enjoy!
Great, thanks

flyfishwino,

Reggie Watts

Hi,
I've had several Crafty's and a Mighty and one thing for sure, S&B are clean freaks. If unit is new and genuine I would not worry about it; they know their business.
If anything, set it on max temp and run it up (empty) a couple of times. I'd do this with c/u removed so fumes, if any, can clear. Do not take a draw until after this brief process. Enjoy!
I'm getting a mixed message here..."don't worry about it, but do two burnoffs." :D

justcametomind

Hey guys I've been missing you!
I don't post here a lot lately.
Dosing capsules and Mighty won the vaporizer war for me.. And not hanging around here cured my VAS and GAS! :D
I had great expectations using capsules, and reduced chamber in the Plenty. But I find the better performance is to be found with the Mighty.
I managed to reduce my tolerance using a Mighty! Here is what I've done for the last 6 months:
Instead of a fresh bowl every session I just add a pinch of fresh weed to an almost full ABV-filled, dosing capsule.
I set temp to the max and enjoy a couple of hits! I pay attention to put the capsule inside the chamber after the temperature has been reached not to be robbed of half the cannabinoids by the Mighty in the heating process.
These "one hit", dosing capsule bowls work very well for the portable but are less satisfactory on Plenty and Volcano because of more dispersion involved in the last 2 (bag system using the Volcano, longer MP and a bit cooler maximum temperature using the Plenty).

Last edited:

Michel

Hey guys I've been missing you!
I don't post here a lot lately.
Dosing capsules and Mighty won the vaporizer war for me.. And not hanging around here cured my VAS and GAS! :D
I had great expectations using capsules, and reduced chamber in the Plenty. But I find the better performance is to be found with the Mighty.
I managed to reduce my tolerance using a Mighty! Here is what I've done for the last 6 months:
Instead of a fresh bowl every session I just add a pinch of fresh weed to an almost full ABV-filled, dosing capsule.
I set temp to the max and enjoy a couple of hits! I pay attention to put the capsule inside the chamber after the temperature has been reached not to be robber of half the cannabinoids by the Mighty in the heating process.
These "one hit", dosing capsule bowls work very well for the portable but are less satisfactory on Plenty and Volcano because of more dispersion involved in the last 2 (bag system using the Volcano, longer MP and a bit cooler maximum temperature using the Plenty).

This is exactly why you should get a Grasshopper if you don't own one yet. ;)
The GH would match your use case very well since it produces massive clouds with just a pinch of herb and it heats up insanely fast.
No need to mix ABV with fresh herb since a pinch is enough and no need to heat up the device before filling the bowl (I'm quite sure the GH heats up faster than you can load the bowl anyways...)

Let VAS begin... :D

Elbuort19

A little tape and now we're portable again. lol

D020-D%20Mighty_zps8dthrpvg.jpg

dirtdragon

love the canisters. I stopped using the CU screen because it would clog easily. Now the top of the capsules get covered in goo. Anyone else run into this. I could clean after every couple uses but that is a real pain. I have ruined a couple CU's by using too much Alcohol. This happens without the capsules too but worse with. If you don't have this problem how often do you clean the CU? Thanks!

dirtdragon,

Elbuort19

Just get some stainless steel pipe screens in 0.625" (5/8") and change them out when they get shitty. I find when new you can just blow them off but when they get sticky I toss them and install a new one. You can get 500 for $10 on amazon. You could also try a coarser grind. Less tiny particles to get through the holes. I also tamp really tight so its like a little hockey puck inside the capsule which also results in a cleaner CU. I only clean once a month and except for the little chamber behind the screen I get plant material free reclaim from the CU. I'm doing minimum a dozen sessions a day so that's at least 30 bowls a day and the only difference I notice when I clean is better taste. I don't notice a difference in restrictiveness which means I could go longer between cleanings.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A little tape and now we're portable again. lol

D020-D%20Mighty_zps8dthrpvg.jpg
Almost as stealthy as a Grasshopper...

love the canisters. I stopped using the CU screen because it would clog easily. Now the top of the capsules get covered in goo. Anyone else run into this. I could clean after every couple uses but that is a real pain. I have ruined a couple CU's by using too much Alcohol. This happens without the capsules too but worse with. If you don't have this problem how often do you clean the CU? Thanks!
I do use c/u screen (fine) and capsules all the time. The danker the flower, the stickier it gets on the screen and yes, the capsule lids. I have about 14 capsules so I can wait and clean a bunch at a time, drop in iso for a while, then maybe use brush a little, rinse.
It's sounding like the c/u screen in place helps keep the capsule cleaner, maybe because the caps are not in direct exposure to c/u contents as they cool?
Been cleaning c/u's for a year and a half with iso soak (10 to 40 minutes) and have not had any problem with ruining the c/u. I have same single Mighty c/u for a year. Clean maybe once a week or more (when used 10 + x/day). Depends on what yer vaping, too.
What part is getting ruined by alcohol? I've heard it said that the hologram sticker might come off, but have not had that happen.

Vaporcussion

I once forgot about my (Crafty) CU, and left it soaking in iso for two weeks. Nothing bad happened, and I've always wondered while S&B said not to leave for more than 30 minute or so. Even the hologram sticker is fine. Btw, can anyone figure out the weird logo markings underneath the word "Mighty"? Looks like 5 "dots" Just wonder if that's a subliminal advertising message in there....

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I once forgot about my (Crafty) CU, and left it soaking in iso for two weeks. Nothing bad happened, and I've always wondered while S&B said not to leave for more than 30 minute or so. Even the hologram sticker is fine. ....

The plastic pieces can warp and become useless (i.e. no longer able to fit together) if left in ISO too long. A friend of mine ruined his CU in around 90 minutes when he left it to soak too long.

So, you lucked out! :lol: But warping is quite possible. :2c:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I once forgot about my (Crafty) CU, and left it soaking in iso for two weeks. Nothing bad happened, and I've always wondered while S&B said not to leave for more than 30 minute or so. Even the hologram sticker is fine. Btw, can anyone figure out the weird logo markings underneath the word "Mighty"? Looks like 5 "dots" Just wonder if that's a subliminal advertising message in there....

are you looking at the S& B logo?
look here, at top of page and on the Volcanos shown.; http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/

vapviking,

babybender

Wow, have just used the Mighty, very good! :) I used a tiny amount with liquid pad for 4 mins, the bowl isn't even near spent, but it has worked very well. Comparatively, in my previous Air it took a lot more.

flyfishwino

Been playing around with my new mighty and I must say, I'm impressed.
After a not so stellar experience with the GH, I'm very happy I sold it and went for the mighty.
It does what I want it to do. no crazy techniques ended. started with the dosing capsule, can't believe how easy this vape is to use.
I do have a question for more experienced sets, how does the mouth piece come off . tried to wiggle it iff, but feels like it could break.
Tgx

Kasish

Been playing around with my new mighty and I must say, I'm impressed.
After a not so stellar experience with the GH, I'm very happy I sold it and went for the mighty.
It does what I want it to do. no crazy techniques ended. started with the dosing capsule, can't believe how easy this vape is to use.
I do have a question for more experienced sets, how does the mouth piece come off . tried to wiggle it iff, but feels like it could break.
Tgx
Just turn it sideways and pull up and to the side it wont break.

Kasish,

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey guys i dont wanna mess yous up an go off topic but i really need advice. I've recently gave my solo a go (mighty was dead :c) normally dont use due to major draw resistance, also should note im using the PVHE stem, so my wife an i went outside to enjoy the cool air last night while the mighty charged.

Just loaded a bowl now and i must say this is not the mighty i remember.. i vape very heavily, i also use a magic bullet to super fine grind my herbs, so what im thinking is there must be loads of vapor dust in the airway? is this possible? my CU is always clean so it not that, i havent seen anybody question the airway of this vape let alone clean it?

lol sorry for the wall of text, the EVO got the best of me. I'm still able to get clouds mind you, ive just noticed im not 'literally breathing air' Also how are your guys temp screens? mine scratched so easily :c

CanadianFlowers,

6079Smith

Thx, what temp for concentrates?

410, for this guy

Just loaded a bowl now and i must say this is not the mighty i remember.. i vape very heavily, i also use a magic bullet to super fine grind my herbs, so what im thinking is there must be loads of vapor dust in the airway? is this possible? my CU is always clean so it not that, i havent seen anybody question the airway of this vape let alone clean it?

I did notice the same over the course of a year and was planning on sending it in for cleaning, even if there was to be a charge. I did not see other options after deep cleaning heater unit as thoroughly as possible. I hadn't done so when a different warranty issue forced my hand and I received a new Mighty through warranty claim. I now use capsules exclusively and am paranoid about vapor being drawn back into unit when using with a water piece, I'm hoping that helps prevent it

Hey All, is the Mighty supposed to vibrate when it auto-offs? Mine isn't.

My original purchased last summer did not, the warranty replacement from last month does

babybender

Mine does. I think the instructions also indicate that it should, but don't have them handy to check atm.

410, for this guy

I did notice the same over the course of a year and was planning on sending it in for cleaning, even if there was to be a charge. I did not see other options after deep cleaning heater unit as thoroughly as possible. I hadn't done so when a different warranty issue forced my hand and I received a new Mighty through warranty claim. I now use capsules exclusively and am paranoid about vapor being drawn back into unit when using with a water piece, I'm hoping that helps prevent it

My original purchased last summer did not, the warranty replacement from last month does
That's odd, mine does not vibrate on auto-off :( It's one of the recent versions aswell. I may shoot S&B an email, just got it a few days ago...

babybender,
Top Bottom