The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I find the damned dosing capsules to be the absolute height of efficiency. When I load like .12 g's in one, I get a session that gets me as medicated as burning (heh) through twice as much in my Nano. It's a different high, obviously, but for me, the Mighty goes from "sort of a weed hog" to "super fucking efficient" with the capsules. YMMV.

Southern Chef

I find the damned dosing capsules to be the absolute height of efficiency. When I load like .12 g's in one, I get a session that gets me as medicated as burning (heh) through twice as much in my Nano. It's a different high, obviously, but for me, the Mighty goes from "sort of a weed hog" to "super fucking efficient" with the capsules. YMMV.
I found that efficiency skyrocketed when I started using the dosing caps. I'm using about a third less and the oven/bowl/chamber/whatever stays very clean.

verdampersweats

I just received my Ryot Piper case today and it fits the Mighty beautifully. I can even cram in a charger for extended trips too. Plenty of space for accessories and the silicon flap area is great for prepping their herb. Just an FYI for anyone still looking for a non-pelican option for transporting their device.

Ryot seem quality a shop was doing the Ryot Axe pack case so i got one for £28 and must say brilliant for a mainbase for my Mighty and the accessories for all my vapes. And for going out they have smaller ones or the ultra cheap Tom Tom Sat Nav cases work wonders for doing somewhere dirty.

Ryots too good for work and such my plan now is another Ryot hard case for the F-Bomb. Then i am done!

TastyClouds

So I got my Mighty's software updated today and in the update there is a new feature that makes the Mighty vibrate a few times before it shuts off now instead of just vibrating when it shuts off. After 1 min and 45 sec it vibrates once and then again every 5 seconds until it hits the 2 minute mark and then shuts off. Pretty useful if you tend to get too stuck and start babysitting it, as it will now let you know that you need to either take a hit or change the temp a few times before it shuts off.

DankUser

So I got my Mighty's software updated today and in the update there is a new feature that makes the Mighty vibrate a few times before it shuts off now instead of just vibrating when it shuts off. After 1 min and 45 sec it vibrates once and then again every 5 seconds until it hits the 2 minute mark and then shuts off. Pretty useful if you tend to get too stuck and start babysitting it, as it will now let you know that you need to either take a hit or change the temp a few times before it shuts off.
Wait, updated software for the Mighty? Are you thinking of the Crafty and typing Mighty?

To those referencing weights of herb loaded, what are you using to weigh such a minuscule amount? Specifically, what scale(s)?

Last edited by a moderator:
DankUser,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I want a stealth mode dammit haha. At least be able to turn the vibration off.

Been messing with my new dosing caps and they are a bit of a pain to deal with but having a bunch loaded up in the holder/capsule is super sweet and worth the extra time to preload I say.

Replaced my oven screen for the first time in a year. It was a bitch to put a new one in, kept squishing up one edge.

ktmstick

I want a stealth mode dammit haha. At least be able to turn the vibration off.

Been messing with my new dosing caps and they are a bit of a pain to deal with but having a bunch loaded up in the holder/capsule is super sweet and worth the extra time to preload I say.

Replaced my oven screen for the first time in a year. It was a bitch to put a new one in, kept squishing up one edge.
Use the round end of the orange packer tool to push the bottom screen into position.

I have also managed to position a second screen part the way down to decrease the size of the chamber instead of using the liquid pad.

tdriver

I got my replacement a month ago.... luckily it has the older vibrating pattern.

I would be pissed with that many vibrations.
for me "more vibrating" is "bad news" for stealth use.
now,even that one time can be heard through my pocket.... if anyone asks: "ah, I got an sms on my phone ,it's on vibrate" ....but how to justify 4 times in 15 seconds.....?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It can be handy to reset the 2 min timer by briefly pushing either temp + or - button.
Changing temp setting by even 1 degree C resets the shut-off timer. I assume this holds true for newer versions. It saves wear on the on/off button, using temp button instead for this purpose.

@TastyClouds how did you get the software updated? Was this part of a larger service or replacement process?

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I got my replacement a month ago.... luckily it has the older vibrating pattern.

I would be pissed with that many vibrations.
for me "more vibrating" is "bad news" for stealth use.
now,even that one time can be heard through my pocket.... if anyone asks: "ah, I got an sms on my phone ,it's on vibrate" ....but how to justify 4 times in 15 seconds.....?

The new vibration pattern isn't that noisy .
The vibrations before the shutdown are the same qa when you push the button power button while in use . Really soft vibrations , that you can't here (expect for the final one) unless if the device is on a hard surface .

Coming from a crafty , I really like this small feature , especially for friends who tends to to sleep in it ! ;)

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Use the round end of the orange packer tool to push the bottom screen into position.

I have also managed to position a second screen part the way down to decrease the size of the chamber instead of using the liquid pad.

Yeah I did that and still had issues haha. I think it was more because I had not cleaned the oven enough and still had some buildup around the little ledge. I swear I read in here a while back you just dome the screen slightly and then push down in the middle with the orange tool and it should pop right in.

My friend wants me to replace his screen on his unit so we will see how it goes the second time haha.

I also think I have noticed another battery performance dip. Seems like almost every six months with heavy usage. I think I get about 6 sessions now per charge. Probably send her in soon.

whatitdew,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah I did that and still had issues haha. I think it was more because I had not cleaned the oven enough and still had some buildup around the little ledge. I swear I read in here a while back you just dome the screen slightly and then push down in the middle with the orange tool and it should pop right in.

My friend wants me to replace his screen on his unit so we will see how it goes the second time haha.

I also think I have noticed another battery performance dip. Seems like almost every six months with heavy usage. I think I get about 6 sessions now per charge. Probably send her in soon.
Dome the screen but only slightly and push down in the middle, yes (don't let the screen edges get crinkled). Until the middle bottoms out, then use the same broad end of the poker tool to push the outside into the groove, going around the bowl a little at a time. When done nicely you can rotate the screen around freely.

Eatrocks

FnoELoB.png

This real nice in the mighty. Imo you have to fine grind and lighty pack with liquid pad for best results.

blackstone

The liquid pad on top works great! Maybe need to clean the bowl more often using it.
Inspired by some ideas here, I tried a real cool one.
Take out bottom screen and push a liquid pad to the bottom of the chamber leaving a +/- 2mm portion of chamber still showing. material on top.
You now have more convection and less conduction, and you might need higher temperatures.
To take advantage of the fact the bottom of the bowl is hotter than the top, I'm back with capsules and no bottom screen, as suggested by someone on here (can't find the post to give credit).

Adjusting the main chamber is cool as less parts, but you need to remove it to go back to capsules if desired.
All good though, that's a lot of ways to use this!

My only complaint ever is the guy that designed those molded case mating edge lines to lay where you hold it! If I was designing it to that original price point, I couldn't have that. I'm sure it gave me Eczema!

I like the idea of that new vibration as I often fail to notice the stock one but it would be nice if it could be switched off. In company, I hate sounding like an annoying phone type with too many cool friends, when all I'm doing is having a little session to myself!
Speaking of vibration, is it normal for a Mighty to vibrate on power down/reaching temp only the first two or three times in any cycle then power down/ reach temp without vibration. Sort of like "I've buzzed you enough times, if you're going to keep me on i'm not vibrating anymore"?

Mr420

Hi folks...Great to be here...Been following this forum for some time now but couldn't register with my GMail account...Just today realized I could try a different email and now I'm here...Yes :)!.

I'm a Mighty user...Had a Crafty for a year but it died after 100 hours of use..Got myself a Mighty instad...Now I actually have both since S&B replaced my Crafty with a new one...

Anyway...Those using Dosing caps...Do you find vaping with dosing caps more efficient than with the liquid pad on top of chamber?

I have one dosing capsule and only tiried it once but at least then the taste was different and also at efficiency department I felt that the liquid pad thing works better. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks... Great finally to be able to post :).

-- Mr420

My Vapes: Mighty, Crafty, Firefly 2

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi folks...Great to be here...Been following this forum for some time now but couldn't register with my GMail account...Just today realized I could try a different email and now I'm here...Yes :)!.

I'm a Mighty user...Had a Crafty for a year but it died after 100 hours of use..Got myself a Mighty instad...Now I actually have both since S&B replaced my Crafty with a new one...

Anyway...Those using Dosing caps...Do you find vaping with dosing caps more efficient than with the liquid pad on top of chamber?

I have one dosing capsule and only tiried it once but at least then the taste was different and also at efficiency department I felt that the liquid pad thing works better. Any thoughts on this?

-- Mr420

Hi, and welcome, new Member!
I think the difference in efficiency is minimal between capsule and oil pad-on-top. You can do a smaller load with dosing cap on top, though. Did you know there's an oil pad sized to fit the caps? I have not tried that.

I like the smooth draw with the capsules and I don't like the eventual cleaning of the pad. The caps also need cleaning once in a while, but are easier to clean, in addition to the ease of use while out and about my vote goes to the caps.

On a celebratory note, my Mighty has just passed it's first birthday! After four Crafty's in about 9 months' time, I upgraded and it was a very good thing to have done. Based on my previous average Crafty use, I will guesstimate this Mighty has upwards of 400 hours on it. I timed it the other day from 21C to 180C at 1:25 (unplugged). I use it at high temps and paired with water a lot, and plugged in a lot, except while out of the house; never even bought a car charger for it, the charge lasts so well in Mighty. Last week on a road day trip we went through 7 full dosing caps (not very high grade!) and still had two bars left on the meter.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Mighty! You've aged well. Do not feel jealous of those young, crazy and impetuous Grasshoppers! There's definitely still a place for you.

Mr. Me2

-- Mr420

Welcome @Mr420 !

Mostly wanted to say hi since I haven't tried a dosing cap. But I have found that I prefer a cut screen in place of using the liquid pad as a spacer. Just take a regular size pipe screen and cut a wedge out so it looks like pac man. Pull the 2 edges together so it forms a small cone and press it on top of your load like you do for the liquid pad (point of the cone into your load).

I found the liquid pad messy and it started to pull apart. I find the screen on top method easier to use and it seems to help keep the cu clean longer.

I'm sure others will chime in with the benefits of the dosing caps. People really seem to love them and even fill with micro doses.

And good morning @vapviking ! Seems like I've found another early riser.

Eatrocks

-- Mr420

Ive tried both, liquid pad is the best

Eatrocks,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

-- Mr420

I prefer the caps for efficiency and ease of use. But the pad works great too, and requires less advance work.

With the caps, the CU has to be cleaned more frequently because debris still enters it via the holes in the capsule. Not an issue with the pad, which keeps the CU free of particles. Otherwise, though, the capsules are superior IME. :2c:

mitchgo61,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

-- Mr420

Hi, and welcome, new Member!
I think the difference in efficiency is minimal between capsule and oil pad-on-top. You can do a smaller load with dosing cap on top, though. Did you know there's an oil pad sized to fit the caps? I have not tried that.
Just a minor edit to what I wrote to you earlier today. I want to correct my statement , so I've quoted myself here. I meant to say that you can do smaller load with the liquid pad on top (than with dosing cap).

vapviking,

TheVaporist

If someone have some material going into the CU, you should try to replace the stock screen with a fine one .

I'm doing it since my first crafty , and continue to with my mighty, and that's cool to have a reclaim free of plant matter !

I know that's a well know trick, but it may be good to mention it from time to time :p

ktmstick

I think I lose efficiency very quickly with the fine mesh screen...or is it my imagination? Anyone else find this?

ktmstick,

TheVaporist

I didn't notice anything , except for the restricted air flow when the screens get clogged which you can feel more with a fine screen.

It should condense more vapor , due to the increased surface, but I think it's negligible in this scale . . .

Top Bottom