The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Mr. Me2

Someone already used this kind of screen?
it seems to be done for inner screen (inside bowl) but can be used for CU too:
$_57.JPG

filtre-optionnel-avec-silicone-pour-crafty-et-mighty.jpg

orange-filter-ring-pour-mighty-et-crafty.jpg

I just found this on ebay and french website:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Mighty-and-C...-filter-rings-100-Reseller-deal-/161946752414

http://www.vaporisateur.net/accesso...ge-filter-ring-x-3-pour-crafty-et-mighty.html

Do you think is it worth it?
Any idea what the orange ring material is? Do you know what this made for (my only concern is whether that material can withstand vaping heat without off gassing, or melting)?

Mr. Me2,

Razshiro

I don't know but i can ask the french website if you want to know^^, i just found on ebay link that can be Up to 240 ˚C ....

I sent a message for know the materiel used forr the silicone ring ... wait & see ...

Razshiro,

creationdivine

"Oh, shit, I just opened it upside down." The filling aid, that is. oops.

This just happened to me for the first time the other day. Also in the dark, packing in the car.

I am absolutely devastated

Sorry to hear this! The feeling must be violating. How sad of a person do you have to be to steal someone else's vapes? May another Mighty make it back into your hands soon.

creationdivine,
Reactions: vapviking

subway13029

Appreciate it guys..it annoys me that those idiots now have a mighty with only the easy flow 18mm that to be honest sucks but I've been working on a way to make it seal better. So they have no cu with it and no charger so 99 percent chance it ends up in the trash somewhere..that makes me madder because nobody will get use out of it..maybe they will figure out how to use the hammer and the 2 g of wax in the car as well..oh well

subway13029,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Appreciate it guys..it annoys me that those idiots now have a mighty with only the easy flow 18mm that to be honest sucks but I've been working on a way to make it seal better. So they have no cu with it and no charger so 99 percent chance it ends up in the trash somewhere..that makes me madder because nobody will get use out of it..maybe they will figure out how to use the hammer and the 2 g of wax in the car as well..oh well
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss in the vape family. I hope some good luck comes your way to make up for it.

Winegums,

Justpassedu

Sorry to hear this man , it really sucks. I have learned my lesson a few times in the past . They don't mess around in NY , had my windows broken a few times out in Manhattan and Brooklyn . They stole my mirrors two years ago right off my car once also lol. I try not to leave anything of value in my vehicles these days. Karma

Justpassedu,

Mainoffender

My third Mighty in 11 months is now back from another power button issue. Quick turnaround and another free CU for my trouble (they throw one in to make up for shipping cost). I thought they might just repair it this time but I got another new one. Getting quite a collection of filling tools, chargers, grinders and seal kits. The button seems more responsive to the touch. Don't have to push as hard to activate on this one. Each Mighty they send seems to be more refined than the previous one and hoping they've finally sorted the power button issue. It never leaves the house and only sees one or two loads per day. Fingers crossed third time lucky!

LouFeinberg

Fatal? Cannabis? That sounds like something that came out of a government-funded study. I'm calling BS.

This is veering topic, and I'm sorry I brought it up, but to be clear: pets and people are different things. It's part of every pet person's job to know that foods as benign to humans as chocolate can be fatal to pets, so I'm not sure why you think that couldn't be the case here too. This is universally understood in the veterinary world, even among advocates of the potential of MMJ for pets.

(Also off-topic, and not to get political, but there aren't many government studies talking about marijuana toxicity in the US, because the government all but completely forbids MMJ research at all. My calling them "idiots" is a non-partisan observation.:lol:)

If you don't want to read any of the links below, I'll summarize. More dangerous for small dogs and cats than big ones, but even horses can be affected. Fatal in doses of 3g weed/kg of animal size, so about half an ounce for a 10lb adult dog, less for young, old, or sick dogs. Edibles can be potentially more dangerous if they're more concentrated (cannabutter is particularly hazardous for dogs, and the chocolate in brownies makes them a double threat), and concentrates are of course more dangerous than flower. And because of the toxicity of THC, most of the talk about MMJ for pets is focused around CBD extracts.

Pot and pets: For them, a high is dangerous - so stash that stash (Denver Post, VERY pro-pot coverage, and a nice sidebar on the potential for medical applications in dogs)
Marijuana Toxicity in Pets: Way More Scary Than Funny
ASPCA: Toxic & Non-Toxic Plants: Marijuana: Toxicity for Dogs, Cats, and Horses
Marijuana Toxicity in Dogs and Cats (peteducation.com)
Everything You Need to Know About Marijuana and Dogs (Buzzfeed, ironically, noting hazards while also noting potential medical uses)
Can Marijuana Kill Your Dog? (Alternet, very pro-pot for people, but they also note, “Animals don’t react the same way as humans. Without treatment, dogs can go into comas and die.” )
Marijuana for Pets: Poison or Medicine? (Leafscience.org, actively advocating for MMJ treatment for pets, but focused on CBD because of the toxicity of THC)
Pets On Pot (CompassionCenter.org, the Oregon online MMJ resource, pointing to potential treatments for pets but also noting symptoms including "ataxia(loss of motor coordination, including loss of balance), vomiting and hypothermia (low body temperature), bradycardia (slow heartbeat) or tachycardia (fast heartbeat), agitation, vocalization, vomiting, diarrhea, hypersalivation (drooling), urinary incontinence, seizures, and in severe cases, coma or death.")

I'll close with this article from the LA Times. The writer had no idea what was wrong, except that their small puppy was having seizures, so they took him to the ER. When they got the diagnosis of THC poisoning, they burst out laughing, but as the writer admits, it got serious again when they remembered that their dog was in real trouble. "Monte recovered after spending the night in the hospital with an IV drip to flush the toxins from his system. The bill came to $730 for the exam, lab testing, radiographs, toxicology screen, catheter, fluids and hospitalization."

She also observed that an owner with a chihuahua came in at the same time she did, and simply left because he couldn't afford the treatment. Oops.

She also noted that that particular ER typically saw 2-3 cases of THC poisoning cases every single night. I don't doubt it. That's LA, but I live in a very small town, and my ER staff said that they get THC poisoning cases every couple of days.

So am I overreacting? Maybe, sure, but heck, I had an episode with a cat that was in the hospital for 3 days on a blood-filtering machine and IV drip after he just bit on the leaf of a lily, didn't even actually eat it. (Remember: cats and lilies don't mix.)

As noted above, I'll put the cleanliness of my prep up against any operating room in America (admittedly perhaps a low bar), but if I can spend less time on cleanup because I made less of a mess, I'll take any advice I can get.

Apologies again. If mods care to delete my original reference and this reply, I'm all for it. We can restart the conversation in a more appropriate forum. It's worth talking about...somewhere.

Still love my Mighty. Still looking forward to tips how to best use the filling device. :)

Try using a salt spoon to help with filling. You can find them at your local antique/vintage store or on eBay. It should cost you around $10-$15. Makes life easy and neat.

GREAT tip! I actually have salt spoons on hand, but it never crossed my mind to use one. I'll do it!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
. The bill came to $730 for the exam, lab testing, radiographs, toxicology screen, catheter, fluids and hospitalization."!

We are pretty big dog-rescue people at our house, and have three rescue terriers at the moment (and usually at any given time). When I read this, my first thought was "wow, 750, that was cheap." I would expect to pay twice that for the services you mentioned. (Our oldest dog, I haven't had the heart to do the math, really, but she's cost us maybe 15 grand since 2008. A good year with her is 2-3k. Unreal.)

Thanks for posting these links, Lou. While not quite as strict as you, we keep all substances well away from our animals. I won't even exhale vapor in the vicinity of one of mine.

Back on topic:

Still love my Mighty. Still looking forward to tips how to best use the filling device. :)

Nothing profound, but I place mine on my weed tray, removing the clear top lid of the filling tool. I then put material in (at this point I usually weigh it, trying to get around .2 gs in a bowl, but that's not necessary if you're trying to avoid moving it around too much) and then remove the bottom piece of the tool. (Oh yeah, make sure you've removed the CU on the Mighty first! :p) Grab the Mighty with my right hand, holding it upright. With my left, screw on super gently the filling tool. Once seated, with my left hand, I pull out the center clear plastic plug, and with a finger (or the plug) just kinda slide the herb into the hole that dumps into the bowl. I make sure I put in enough so it's slightly above the top of the bowl. Then I (again super-gently) push the plug into the hole, tamping down the load slightly. Now, again gently, I unscrew the tool and lift gently since some herb will stick to the bottom of the plastic plug. I set the tool down, and gently screw on the CU. If I've measured well, there's nothing left in the filling tool. If there is, no big deal.

That's a lot of verbiage for a simple process. Basically Mighty in right hand, filling tool action with the left.

Not sure how helpful that is. :lol:

RelaxedNow

@LouFeinberg, first I'd like to apologize if my call of BS seemed harsh. It's not my intent to offend.

I also want to mention that I'd never get a pet high intentionally, and make every attempt to keep them away from cannabis products, just as I would with any prescription drug. However, I read the first 6 or 7 links you posted, and saw no scientific evidence whatsoever that shows there is a risk, aside from casual reference to a Colorado study. The articles seem no different than those placed by Just-Say-No advocates. Heck, my family physician is so staunchly against weed use by HUMANS, that he'd have a cow if he knew I vape (And yet, I'd tell him if I thought it mattered). Still, I'll err on the side of caution, and avoid getting my pets high, 'cause there's no way to be certain.

How about that Mighty! (My feeble attempt to get back on topic.)

RelaxedNow,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Big sympathies @subway13029 , what goes around comes around they will get theirs.

Just did a micro load with the ss pad and it vaped wonderfully. The pad has a snug fit. whats your fave technique for concentrates?

I like taking it and just smearing it on top of the pad. Then having it concentrate side up in the Mighty.

Mines a snug fit too, and I have thick fingers. I just use a little dab tool to push it down/pop it out. The tool on the bottom prob would be perfect but I haven't tried. You could maybe put the pad in first then concentrate; I need the dabber to push my pad in or else I'd get BHO all over my finger. And I use it at 405, tastes great and lasts a long time from my experience

Reggie Watts

This is veering topic, and I'm sorry I brought it up, but to be clear: pets and people are different things. It's part of every pet person's job to know that foods as benign to humans as chocolate can be fatal to pets, so I'm not sure why you think that couldn't be the case here too. This is universally understood in the veterinary world, even among advocates of the potential of MMJ for pets.

(Also off-topic, and not to get political, but there aren't many government studies talking about marijuana toxicity in the US, because the government all but completely forbids MMJ research at all. My calling them "idiots" is a non-partisan observation.:lol:)

If you don't want to read any of the links below, I'll summarize. More dangerous for small dogs and cats than big ones, but even horses can be affected. Fatal in doses of 3g weed/kg of animal size, so about half an ounce for a 10lb adult dog, less for young, old, or sick dogs. Edibles can be potentially more dangerous if they're more concentrated (cannabutter is particularly hazardous for dogs, and the chocolate in brownies makes them a double threat), and concentrates are of course more dangerous than flower. And because of the toxicity of THC, most of the talk about MMJ for pets is focused around CBD extracts.

Pot and pets: For them, a high is dangerous - so stash that stash (Denver Post, VERY pro-pot coverage, and a nice sidebar on the potential for medical applications in dogs)
Everything You Need to Know About Marijuana and Dogs (Buzzfeed, ironically, noting hazards while also noting potential medical uses)
Can Marijuana Kill Your Dog? (Alternet, very pro-pot for people, but they also note, “Animals don’t react the same way as humans. Without treatment, dogs can go into comas and die.” )
Marijuana for Pets: Poison or Medicine? (Leafscience.org, actively advocating for MMJ treatment for pets, but focused on CBD because of the toxicity of THC)
Pets On Pot (CompassionCenter.org, the Oregon online MMJ resource, pointing to potential treatments for pets but also noting symptoms including "ataxia(loss of motor coordination, including loss of balance), vomiting and hypothermia (low body temperature), bradycardia (slow heartbeat) or tachycardia (fast heartbeat), agitation, vocalization, vomiting, diarrhea, hypersalivation (drooling), urinary incontinence, seizures, and in severe cases, coma or death.")

I'll close with this article from the LA Times. The writer had no idea what was wrong, except that their small puppy was having seizures, so they took him to the ER. When they got the diagnosis of THC poisoning, they burst out laughing, but as the writer admits, it got serious again when they remembered that their dog was in real trouble. "Monte recovered after spending the night in the hospital with an IV drip to flush the toxins from his system. The bill came to $730 for the exam, lab testing, radiographs, toxicology screen, catheter, fluids and hospitalization."

She also observed that an owner with a chihuahua came in at the same time she did, and simply left because he couldn't afford the treatment. Oops.

She also noted that that particular ER typically saw 2-3 cases of THC poisoning cases every single night. I don't doubt it. That's LA, but I live in a very small town, and my ER staff said that they get THC poisoning cases every couple of days.

So am I overreacting? Maybe, sure, but heck, I had an episode with a cat that was in the hospital for 3 days on a blood-filtering machine and IV drip after he just bit on the leaf of a lily, didn't even actually eat it. (Remember: cats and lilies don't mix.)

As noted above, I'll put the cleanliness of my prep up against any operating room in America (admittedly perhaps a low bar), but if I can spend less time on cleanup because I made less of a mess, I'll take any advice I can get.

Apologies again. If mods care to delete my original reference and this reply, I'm all for it. We can restart the conversation in a more appropriate forum. It's worth talking about...somewhere.

GREAT tip! I actually have salt spoons on hand, but it never crossed my mind to use one. I'll do it!

Damn, didn't know that. My cats like to hang out near me when I vape, and they seem to "chill out" more when they do. The second-hand vapor isn't harmful to them, is it?

Reggie Watts,

Ltblue

My third Mighty in 11 months is now back from another power button issue. Quick turnaround and another free CU for my trouble (they throw one in to make up for shipping cost). I thought they might just repair it this time but I got another new one. Getting quite a collection of filling tools, chargers, grinders and seal kits. The button seems more responsive to the touch. Don't have to push as hard to activate on this one. Each Mighty they send seems to be more refined than the previous one and hoping they've finally sorted the power button issue. It never leaves the house and only sees one or two loads per day. Fingers crossed third time lucky!

Tell me about it.. I just received my third Mighty warranty exchange today. Don't really mind it, have two of them just in case one needs to go in lol. And like you say the collection of chargers, grinders, screens, etc. just a bonus more like here, for all your troubles.

Ltblue,

cloudsosmoke

didnt know where to post this - email from namaste vapes (im in uk but i think theyre in us as well)

EDIT cant cut and paste
it says

15 percent off all shop inc s&b - promo code 4202016
starts now till 4/20 ..as always they say they might run out of stock so they want you to buy early

We will be offering 15% off OUR ENTIRE STOCK!!! This includes products likePAX, Sto

rz & Bickel, Haze, Grizzly Guru, our new Rosin Press & MORE!!
The 4/20 Promotion starts RIGHT NOW and will continue till 4/20 2016!
Keep in mind as inventory sells out, it marks it out of stock on the website so BUY TODAY! You will see on our site we will only be offering 10% so feel free to share this promotion with your family & friends :)

We will be offering 15% off OUR ENTIRE STOCK!!! This includes products likePAX, Sto

rz & Bickel, Haze, Grizzly Guru, our new Rosin Press & MORE!!
The 4/20 Promotion starts RIGHT NOW and will continue till 4/20 2016!
Keep in mind as inventory sells out, it marks it out of stock on the website so BUY TODAY! You will see on our site we will only be offering 10% so feel free to share this promotion with your family & friends :)

Last edited:
cloudsosmoke,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Still looking forward to tips how to best use the filling device.
I have several filling tools and when times are good I stock them with different strains, ground. Each one will hold at least 5 bowls' worth, and multiples can be taken on excursions.

Unlike silly @LouFeinberg I hold the Mighty upright with my LEFT hand (I use a stand at home) and first, unscrew bottom of filling tool and set that aside. Gently (yes!) screw tool onto Mighty, then loosen and remove top cover of tool, flip it upside down and stack it on top of the bottom, off to the side. Remove the clear cup and set it on top of the stack of removed covers. Stacking the three things like that tends to keep any loose flakes, etc. that may be stuck to the plastic on the inside surfaces from spilling around.

I use the butt end of the wooden handle on the cleaning brush (occasionally the brush itself, or the clear cup, but my fingers-alone are too big) to push some product into the hole. This is the time to try to show some restraint, but... So, yes, lightly tamp with same, replace the clear cup, unscrew filling tool from Mighty (yes, watch out for some that may adhere to bottom of cup, I sweep it off with a finger, onto upside-down lid of the filling tool). Put lid back on, then bottom.

So there's a peek into one of my little obsessive behaviors. Seems mainly a matter of developing a little system that works for you. Not much is simpler than a doob tube. I'm older and still have a couple of the old metal film canisters (35 mm film used to come in). Those are like old friends. With round containers, just rest it on the edge of the bowl and roll it slowly to control product spilling into the chamber.

Of course, everybody's got their own path and methods. (Spoons!) When my first Crafty arrived I was more than a little impressed (more like intimidated) by the accessories, thought they were mostly extraneous (they are!) and would have preferred something far simpler than all this mechanism. Got over that in about an hour, and I've found that all this stuff works great, including that little poker tool!

One last note; I often do multiple bowls in a session and like to refill while bowl is still very warm, to save battery and get back to operating temp faster. BUT the plastic of the filling tool is not super heat resistant, so it is prudent to wait for some cool-down before attaching the filling tool to the top of the oven!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Crazy? We make CBD heavy Canna-oil for our elderly cats (Made with ABV only). On the days she is given a dose she can walk around the house without crying from her awful arthritic hips :( poor kitty. We are very careful on the dosages and there is probably more CBD than THC in that oil but it surely gets me stoned so I know it is her! She also comes sits right under me every time I dab to get it blown in her face. My girlfriend cracks up about how she gets mad if I don't share! Our second cat has never tried the edibles because she has no ailments to need such, but she doesn't care for the dabs either so only our elderly kitty is the only stoner kitty. My sister also had a cat that lived to be 22 that had a steady diet of canna-butter her last several years. If dosing is correct it didn't seam to harm our felines at all and did seam to alleviate some pain.
On the other hand the same sisters dog (small dachshund) ate a HUGE jar of ABV off the table one night and flipped out for 2 days. She was actually a little scared but it was just a bad trip and wore off. So the moral is, dosage is important, don't overdose your pets and cannabis isn't harmful from my experience.

OK, On topic... Selling a few things on ebay now, should have about $400 of play money in paypal soon to cure my current VAS! I have always thought "if it weren't for all of the warranty returns I would own a Mighty" But hell, they do fix the damn thing most of the time for minimal or no cost. I just hate paying top dollar for something I KNOW I will need to return most likely in the next 2 years for replacement. I wish someone would make a better hitting portable, unfortunately for now I think this is it. And as long as I have my Haze as a back-up I guess sending it to Germany isn't the end of the world. I will probably be joining you guys soon unless Vapexhales 4/20 sale gets my money first !

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm finding that I really like my Mighty for smaller amounts than my Herbalizer. It cooks everything extremely consistently and I tend to use less weed. I don't think it's any more or less efficient but I like the effects and taste at 370.

The combination of conduction and convection is really interesting, makes me wonder how much R&D went into the ratio between the two methods.

----------------------

My Cat finds weed interesting but would never eat it. He might get second hand vapour but I doubt he's getting as medicated as I am. He makes a good lap warmer for vape sessions at my desk.

My friend's cat ate a joint once, apparently it was never the same. I'd keep large amounts away from pets as it's a waste of weed if they get into it and unsafe for a pet. ABV might be the best thing for a pet with pain, it's much more mellow with the THC mostly extracted.

Last edited:

Vapinmofo

Someone already used this kind of screen?
it seems to be done for inner screen (inside bowl) but can be used for CU too:
$_57.JPG

filtre-optionnel-avec-silicone-pour-crafty-et-mighty.jpg

orange-filter-ring-pour-mighty-et-crafty.jpg

I just found this on ebay and french website:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Mighty-and-C...-filter-rings-100-Reseller-deal-/161946752414

http://www.vaporisateur.net/accesso...ge-filter-ring-x-3-pour-crafty-et-mighty.html

Do you think is it worth it?

whats wrong with the original screens? It looks to me like the orange ring is thick and will displace some of the volume used for flowers..

Thumbs down.

Vapinmofo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
...but I'd love any advice that you filler ninjas can offer a clumsy slob like me.

All I've done so far is follow the directions in the manual. It's what I am most struck by with S&B...they thought of everything. I just put a few nugs in the grinder, not much, and when done transfer it to the loading tool since the halves are the same size.

I'm on day 3 now using nothing but the Mighty and I love it. I see why people are always asking Mighty vs MV questions, as they are the biggest hitting potables I use. When a vape walks right into my house and dominates the lineup for a little while, it is a winner!

It's instantly and easily in the conversation about 'If I could only have one vape...'

subway13029

Damn you @stickstones i lose a mighty and you get one..lol. never recieved the flexi but no sweat man i think im about to go on a fire sale and get rid of it all..im so bummed about being thefted of my baby and my hammer pro which i loved also..its like i lost my shotgun passenget as the mighty is always with me on my ride..lol

subway13029,
Reactions: Taz

biohacker

I'm on day 3 now using nothing but the Mighty and I love it. I see why people are always asking Mighty vs MV questions, as they are the biggest hitting potables I use. When a vape walks right into my house and dominates the lineup for a little while, it is a winner!

It's instantly and easily in the conversation about 'If I could only have one vape...'

Wish you were here since the start, so you could have enjoyed the ride with us! Are you buying a Crafty for stealth?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Damn you @stickstones i lose a mighty and you get one..lol. never recieved the flexi but no sweat man i think im about to go on a fire sale and get rid of it all..im so bummed about being thefted of my baby and my hammer pro which i loved also..its like i lost my shotgun passenget as the mighty is always with me on my ride..lol

Don't sell your collection so fast, you're still in the emotional period of losing it and could be thinking irrationally, (we all do from time to time). Shit happens in life and the worst thing to do is to let yourself get down.

Try putting together a plan to buy one again, think it through. I bet you could have one in your hands in two months time.

Winegums,
Reactions: Taz
Top Bottom