The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Taz

Tester
I'm going to order a Mighty just now, there's too much good stuff in this thread to ignore it anymore!!
Just realized I wont have enough for a car charger but I suppose the battery is so good I'll survive without it!?
Is it straight 12V positive center, or would my Solo one work in it?

What smell friendly cases/sleeves are there available? The solid vapecase looks large? and I wont need to carry everything just Mighty and small tube, or just Mighty.
I think the other people are called Ryot? and I saw some other brands mentioned in a thread recently. I'll check some vape shops but any recommendations would be great!
Also tupperware and related lunchbox ideas entertained!
Thanks for all your help with my decision, I'll post a review here (I'm sure it will sound familiar!)

I was worried about the smell as well. (poet didn't know it) but I have had no issues with plant material.

Concentrates seem to linger longer in the Mighty but after combustion its no comparison.
I smoke readily and even my neighbor said he couldn't smell it. he always smelled my combustion.

PS. He doesn't smoke so my main concern was without. Maybe I am not paranoid enough tho.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I think I have some good tips for you new Mighty owners:
  1. Turn off the Mighty before you think you might be done with the session then keep drawing until you stop getting vapor. The Mighty keeps cooking your herb and without getting it out of the cooling unit it will simply condense and make things sticky. You'll go much longer between cleanings this way
  2. Related note: the Mighty is a session vape. When it is on you gotta be focused! You're looking to keep it on as little as possible, just long enough to get medicated. Follow the cool down method from point #1!
These are great tips, and somewhat similar to how I've learned to use the Mighty over the past nine months. I usually start at 185, take two hits, then shut it off. I get another one or two sizable hits after shutoff. As I step up in temp I continue to shut it off after each two or three hits. This does everything you mention (limits conduction cooking, carbs out the lingering vapor before it condenses), but also does something else: for me it makes the Mighty less of a session vape and more of an on-demand device; by judicious shutting off after each couple of hits I can make a bowl last hours or much of the day.

It took me a little while to find the most efficient rhythm with the Mighty, but once I did, I really learned to appreciate how it leverages the best features of both convection and conduction. It's a pretty impressive hybrid. :nod:

Last edited:

Taz

Tester
You said it better than me.
Earlier I stated I was buzzed more and not blitzed.

Mighty makes it easy but also glad they put that 2 minute timer on because buzzed seems to fit my needs better.

Money (for weed not the vape) and state wise!

I should contact those Germans and get paid as a shill.

I am a CS person (tightwad as well) and stand by my short experience so far.

These are great tips, and somewhat similar to how I've learned to use the Mighty over the past nine months. I usually start at 185, take two hits, then shut it off. I get another one or two sizable hits after shutoff. This does everything you mention (limits conduction cooking, carbs out the lingering vapor before it condenses), but also does something else: for me it makes the Mighty less of a session vape and more of an on-demand device; by judicious shutting off after each couple of hits I can make a bowl last hours or much of the day.

mitchgo61

Mighty makes it easy but also glad they put that 2 minute timer on because buzzed seems to fit my needs better.

Ironically, I loathed the one-minute shutoff on my early 2015 Mighty. Drove me nuts. Now that I really know how to use it I sometimes think they knew exactly what they were doing with the original configuration. ;)

Taz

Tester
Ironically, I loathed the one-minute shutoff on my early 2015 Mighty. Drove me nuts. Now that I really know how to use it I sometimes think they knew exactly what they were doing with the original configuration. ;)

Same way with the filler tools etc. I was like WTF.
No way and without it standing? :)

Will say they do smoke @S&B or a lot of research. Research cant explain the small nuisances that only a smoker can know.

Worried it didn't stand. LOL

With the filler I can empty, clean out, refill in like 1 minute as long as it is ground and in filler tool. I remember laughing and the complaints on here about it.
Was I ever wrong.

If this thing last over 2 years I will be glad to purchase another one. I am actually thinking of another in case but that is too much for a tightwad.

vapeppau

Hey guys! I haven't been following the mighty thread for a while, but I've been using my mighty pretty much daily for the last year.

I got some cash recently and decided it's time to treat myself to a new vapourizer. I've been really happy with the mighty but I have the older one with the 1 minute shutoff. Can anyone point me to the difference between the 1 minute shutoff and the 2 minute shutoff?

Mr. Me2

I'm going to order a Mighty just now, there's too much good stuff in this thread to ignore it anymore!!
Just realized I wont have enough for a car charger but I suppose the battery is so good I'll survive without it!?
Is it straight 12V positive center, or would my Solo one work in it?

What smell friendly cases/sleeves are there available? The solid vapecase looks large? and I wont need to carry everything just Mighty and small tube, or just Mighty.
I think the other people are called Ryot? and I saw some other brands mentioned in a thread recently. I'll check some vape shops but any recommendations would be great!
Also tupperware and related lunchbox ideas entertained!
Thanks for all your help with my decision, I'll post a review here (I'm sure it will sound familiar!)
I have a small RYOT Pack Ratz case for my Crafty and I love it. It's a smell proof case and is a very snug fit for the Crafty. I don't know what size works for the Mighty, but I do recommend the case.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Taz

Taz

Tester
Hey guys! I haven't been following the mighty thread for a while, but I've been using my mighty pretty much daily for the last year.

I got some cash recently and decided it's time to treat myself to a new vapourizer. I've been really happy with the mighty but I have the older one with the 1 minute shutoff. Can anyone point me to the difference between the 1 minute shutoff and the 2 minute shutoff?

No idea about first version but a month in and I say a Mighty! 2 minute timer saves my ass. To be honest should have better battery life but I get spaced and not fried usually so that factors in.

Difference might be it buzzes a lot which is good for stoners IMHO.

Heats like crazy.

Taste is great but not best. Just IMO Don't hate me.

Make those Germans pay for bombing Pearl harbor.

Shit lays on my chest instead of vaping more. Turns itself off-

Just thought wow Life is Great if this is my worries.......

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I have a small RYOT Pack Ratz case for my Crafty and I love it. It's a smell proof case and is a very snug fit for the Crafty. I don't know what size works for the Mighty, but I do recommend the case.

They have some that are something like 5 inches across by 8 inches long that I was thinking about picking up for the Mighty. The Vatra case I have now works just fine, but is a little cumbersome and takes up more space than I'd like

HellsWindStaff,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I use a Haze V3.0 and get VERY medicated off of that convection beast. So much more than my Pax. But I want more flavor throughout the bowl! I would have already purchased this thing if I didn't feel like I was buying a "2 year old vape" in 2016, the year of the new convection vape! What makes you new purchasers pull the trigger on this when the Firefly2, Haze Square, Zion, Apollo, et. Vapes are coming out so shortly? I know the vapor is awesome and that's why I'm still on the fence. But eventually I just think S&B will release the Mighty 2 with replaceable 18650 batteries and make my decision easy!!
I guess what would be the point in doing that when they can just collect all of those battery replacement fees $$$$$:evil:. Still an update or V2 would make me a lot more likely to pull the trigger.
So you guys still think this is the best vape to buy in 2016 with all of the new convection competition around the corner?

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: CaptVapor

Mr. Me2

I use a Haze V3.0 and get VERY medicated off of that convection beast. So much more than my Pax. But I want more flavor throughout the bowl! I would have already purchased this thing if I didn't feel like I was buying a "2 year old vape" in 2016, the year of the new convection vape! What makes you new purchasers pull the trigger on this when the Firefly2, Haze Square, Zion, Apollo, et. Vapes are coming out so shortly? I know the vapor is awesome and that's why I'm still on the fence. But eventually I just think S&B will release the Mighty 2 with replaceable 18650 batteries and make my decision easy!!
I guess what would be the point in doing that when they can just collect all of those battery replacement fees $$$$$:evil:. Still an update or V2 would make me a lot more likely to pull the trigger.
So you guys still think this is the best vape to buy in 2016 with all of the new convection competition around the corner?
The Mighty (and Crafty) are blended convection and conduction, they they are more of session vapes. Most of the others you list are pure convection (Apollo excepted). So it partly depends on your use style.

I'm a convection guy, but don't have the "perfect" convection vape yet. But I do really like my Crafty.

Most of the vapes you list aren't available yet, so it depends on how bad your vas is

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

I chose the Mighty because it's a mature product which S&B have had time to work the bugs out of. I also chose it because I wanted a portable vape now, and not later.

Who knows if these new vapes will work? What if they're trash? Things I can't be bothered to take a gamble on. I'd much rather go with a proven product that works for my first portable than something that is unproven.

2 years old is quite new for a product in my eyes as well as for S&B. They've been producing the Volcano for over a decade now, so long production runs are in their blood. Unless there's a major flaw or a massive leap in technology I can't see S&B updating the Mighty soon. Why fix something that isn't broken?

mitchgo61

Apples and oranges. I use both the FF and the Mighty. They do different things, in different ways, for different situations and circumstances.

One thing I will tell you: no matter what you read or hear about the Mighty, you cannot fully grasp its appeal until you use it. It may not be obvious exactly how it does what it does, but it is among the most amazing vapor devices I have ever used. It has so many unique qualities among portables (totally open draw, 100% extraction, great flavor with no burnt taste, will not combust under any conditions, no learning curve, cool vapor, no stirring) that I lose count of its charms.

There is room in every vape enthusiast's aresenal for on-demand convection like FF and the near-magical hybrid of the Mighty. Until you try it, you just cannot imagine what a freaking badass device it really is. I will not live without mine! :nod:

Mr. Me2

Apples and oranges. I use both the FF and the Mighty. They do different things, in different ways, for different situations and circumstances.

One thing I will tell you: no matter what you read or hear about the Mighty, you cannot fully grasp its appeal until you use it. It may not be obvious exactly how it does what it does, but it is among the most amazing vapor devices I have ever used. It has so many unique qualities among portables (totally open draw, 100% extraction, great flavor with no burnt taste, will not combust under any conditions, no learning curve, cool vapor, no stirring) that I lose count of its charms.

There is room in every vape enthusiast's aresenal for on-demand convection like FF and the near-magical hybrid of the Mighty. Until you try it, you just cannot imagine what a freaking badass device it really is. I will not live without mine! :nod:
So...how do you rate/compare the Mighty to the ff2?

Mr. Me2,

LouFeinberg

I've been meaning to ask this too, Mitch, but wasn't sure which thread to ask it on...so thanks Mr Me2! :lol:

Specifically, with regards to smoothness. My wife has started coughing like crazy on the Mighty, even at 160c through water, after being thrilled with it for most of a year. We're both looking hard at whether a new vape be in order, and your praise of the FF2 has made me wonder if this is one to explore. Ease of use is also huge for her, which also appears appealing about the FF2.

(We're also rethinking strains again, and I'm about to try going even lower temp, but that's another thread.)

For me though, I want to heartily second this for anyone still wondering if the Mighty is what they're looking for: it is.

Until you try it, you just cannot imagine what a freaking badass device it really is. I will not live without mine! :nod:

And, frustratingly, my wife would have said the same thing two weeks ago, so I'm looking forward to thoughts on the FF2.

LouFeinberg,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

mitchgo61

I've been meaning to ask this too, Mitch, but wasn't sure which thread to ask it on...so thanks Mr Me2! :lol:

Specifically, with regards to smoothness.
And, frustratingly, my wife would have said the same thing two weeks ago, so I'm looking forward to thoughts on the FF2.

If you are asking specifically about vapor flavor and coolness...I would rate the FF and FF2 slightly ahead of the Mighty. The FF1 is clearly superior to the Mighty in terms of coolness and flavor. The FF2 is superior in flavor to the Mighty, and, because it's a bit less cool than the FF1, maybe about the same as the Mighty. (In other words I'm not entirely sure someone who coughs with the Mighty will find themselves coughing less with the FF2...might be a push.)

If you want a full comparison involving the entire range of functionality, that's a tough one. Kinda goes back to apples/oranges. Mighty is bit a easier than FF2 to use, but harder to clean, less efficient, better for sessions and groups than the FF2, etc.

Keep in mind I've yet to use the production FF2, so it may be even better than I think. :lol:

Reggie Watts

What makes you new purchasers pull the trigger on this when the Firefly2, Haze Square, Zion, Apollo, et. Vapes are coming out so shortly

Because it's still widely regarded as the best all-around portable vape on the market. People still buy Volcanos, and those are even older. S&B has a reputation for quality and longevity. If there was any indication that a Mighty 2 was being made, I would've waited - but there's not.

That said, I preordered a FF2 and am excited to try it. But even then, they are very different vapes and will be good for different situations.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I chose the Mighty because it's a mature product which S&B have had time to work the bugs out of. I also chose it because I wanted a portable vape now, and not later.

Who knows if these new vapes will work? What if they're trash? Things I can't be bothered to take a gamble on. I'd much rather go with a proven product that works for my first portable than something that is unproven.

2 years old is quite new for a product in my eyes as well as for S&B. They've been producing the Volcano for over a decade now, so long production runs are in their blood. Unless there's a major flaw or a massive leap in technology I can't see S&B updating the Mighty soon. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Well Said. I guess the battery issue is the only thing holding me back. I had my haze in the woods last weekend and went through about 10 pre charged 18650 batteries. If the Mighty had his it would be unstoppable. I guess that's a great reason to have them both! I already pre-ordered the Milaana based on the idea that I can switch out batteries I have laying around.
I really need to try a Mighty. They almost never come up for sale on the forums, that should tell me something right there. Where is the best place to order them currently (Cheapest) if I do go this route?

mrbonsai420,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese

Specifically, with regards to smoothness. My wife has started coughing like crazy on the Mighty, even at 160c through water, after being thrilled with it for most of a year. We're both looking hard at whether a new vape be in order, and your praise of the FF2 has made me wonder if this is one to explore. Ease of use is also huge for her, which also appears appealing about the FF2.

(We're also rethinking strains again, and I'm about to try going even lower temp, but that's another thread.)

For me though, I want to heartily second this for anyone still wondering if the Mighty is what they're looking for: it is.

Have you tried giving it a good clean and changing the screens? I know it sounds obvious but why is it making her cough all of a sudden?

Does she have VAS?

It does sound like a convenient excuse for a new vape... we all know the signs here.

esoh

Specifically, with regards to smoothness. My wife has started coughing like crazy on the Mighty, even at 160c through water, after being thrilled with it for most of a year. .

has she tried using it thru a plain cooling unit instead of water? i've known people who always cough taking hits through glass but have an easier time with the cooling unit.

AtomicPB

@Taz, when did those germans bomb Pearl Harbour? :D

Sorry for off-topic ...

Would love to test a Mighty. I used a Volcano at Barneys Farm in Amsterdam and was quite impressed by the nice and smooth vapor from the balloon. From what I heard the vapor quality from the Mighty comes close to that.

Maybe one day ... :)

LouFeinberg

has she tried using it thru a plain cooling unit instead of water? i've known people who always cough taking hits through glass but have an easier time with the cooling unit.

Great tip! Believe it or not, the glass was such a compelling idea, and the muzzmod was so much fun to make and use that I think we've only used the CU once or twice. I'll definitely give it another go.

And fwiw, I just ordered the Delta 3D silicon adapter to try BOTH the CU and glass....but I hear ya, esoh. I'll definitely give a more thorough run at the CU-only approach to see if that might work for her. (Me doing experimentation on my own isn't the worst-ever outcome from this.)

Thanks for the details on the FF2, Mitch. Even if it's a push, I'm still a little intrigued.

And Alan Partridge, you're right. After being soooo happy with the Mighty so long, maybe hanging out here is also starting to infect me with the "What? Just one????" ailment that seems to be going around these days. :lol:

Mr. Me2

Well Said. I guess the battery issue is the only thing holding me back. I had my haze in the woods last weekend and went through about 10 pre charged 18650 batteries. If the Mighty had his it would be unstoppable. I guess that's a great reason to have them both! I already pre-ordered the Milaana based on the idea that I can switch out batteries I have laying around.
I really need to try a Mighty. They almost never come up for sale on the forums, that should tell me something right there. Where is the best place to order them currently (Cheapest) if I do go this route?
Buy it from Puff it Up!!! Best price, best service...best!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just got my Mighty in the mail!

I also just picked up some Pink Kush so it's better than christmas up here in BC!:D

I'm loving the vapor quality from the mighty, it's on par or better than my Herbalizer. Super tasty vapour from this little guy. The draw resistance and vapour harshness are about the same, which is to say it's really smooth. I draw hard enough to make the time reset it seems as it hasn't turned off on me yet.

I'm following a tip someone passed on, which is to cool the bowl off when you're done so it doesn't cook. This seems to work as the flavour was preserved for the most part.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying this vape, it's everything I'd hoped for and more.

PS: It also almost made me forget about my ABV brownies!

Top Bottom