The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

AntiGravity

What are best practices to charge the Mighty? Once a day to fill back up? When it's empty and only then? Does it have to be cold? To I have to unplug it ASAP when it's done?

Is the pass-through a stupid idea unless I really feel like I need to?

AntiGravity,

biohacker

@AntiGravity welcome to FC, try searching - those questions have been answered a bunch in this thread. I've expanded on the pass-through very recently in fact. I would never charge when the batteries are warm.

biohacker,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
What are best practices to charge the Mighty? Once a day to fill back up? When it's empty and only then? Does it have to be cold? To I have to unplug it ASAP when it's done?

Is the pass-through a stupid idea unless I really feel like I need to?

Don't charge it while it's hot, or too warm. I personally avoid using pass-through. I also don't let it run all the way down...I re-charge before it hits the final bar.

As biohacker said, the thread is worth a browse when you have time, and yes, welcome to FC.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
It's instantly and easily in the conversation about 'If I could only have one vape...'

I've said this quite a few times in conversations about vapes. The Mighty is very good in so many ways, it covers a lot of bases. Other vapes are better in certain circumstances, but none are as widely versatile.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
My favorite thing about the Mighty..... It fucking works. It just works. That's what I want in a Vape, for it to work. Mighty takes care of that. Have there been problems? Yes but even top tier vapes can have problems.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
This is my new favourite thing about the mighty. The Herbalizer taper fits in the mouth piece hole on the CU. This means I can use a whip or my ice chamber setup. It's like it was meant to be.
15po2o8.jpg

I plan to shorten the air path a lot with some tubing I have on order.

Last edited:

Taz

Tester
Do not need to but gonna get a water set-up just do to this dang place.

Yes have read all the glass, adapter whip threads..

I am just gonna use it for special occasions and not a daily driver but who knows.

Input from experiences, please. TIA

Best answer so far is that it just works. No matter the situation.

That is priceless for a vape IMHO.

stickstones said:
I've had one for a while and don't use it much. I'm not sure yet why I like the Mighty more.​
That is why you like it. Not 1 certain high-point but it covers them ALL. Maybe consumption rate is best?
For me anyway.

I like to experiment and the Mighty makes it hard to mess it up no matter what I do!
Dry, shatter but have not tried oils yet. Unfriendly for oil here but investigating.

Last edited:
Taz,

Zerg

hey all i'm having kind of a difficult time with my Mighty, it's pretty new to me.. and I had the same problem with Crafty. They both seem to stop giving vapor when the green is still light brown. Where my air will give and give and give til it's dark. Pretty much it doesn't last long.

Zerg,

Taz

Tester
I would imagine it might be your packing? I use the tool and pack lightly while loading twice. I have never had a problem and just recently turned mine past 400. I usually give out before it does on a full load.

hey all i'm having kind of a difficult time with my Mighty, it's pretty new to me.. and I had the same problem with Crafty. They both seem to stop giving vapor when the green is still light brown. Where my air will give and give and give til it's dark. Pretty much it doesn't last long.

Taz,

JayDay

Newbs
My pax also was like that, abv was dark brown, which I hated the taste. Id rather have a light brown abv with the Mighty than a dark brown abv still producing burnt taste vapor. After effects are also way better with both my Mighty and Crafty.

Edit: max temps I use is at 200

JayDay,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

From my experience, ABV colour is directly related to flavour. The darker the ABV the worse the flavour was when I finished the bowl. Once it's past medium brown that's when I'll stop since it's not worth it to me to chase what's left. I'll just recover what's in it by making ABV butter or oil, and it helps the flavour of the ABV products if you don't have too dark of an ABV. I only use my Mighty at 365 as my Herbalizer does a much better job for high temps.

I find that the Mighty is very good at evenly cooking a bowl. The balance of conduction and convection really make for an even ABV colour. I find that a light packing does better than a tightly packed bowl in this regard.

Winegums,
Reactions: vapviking

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Tell us how you're using it.

stickstones,
Reactions: Winegums

wildything

I find that the top layer of abv in my load usually stays fairly light and the very bottom is completely brown and fully vaped. I pack a full load and ramp up temp from 380 to 400 or so. I thought no one was stirring their loads on the mighty? I have occasionally for couple more hits.

wildything,

rewindselector

I find that the top layer of abv in my load usually stays fairly light and the very bottom is completely brown and fully vaped. I pack a full load and ramp up temp from 380 to 400 or so. I thought no one was stirring their loads on the mighty? I have occasionally for couple more hits.
Agreed.

Every chamber I've packed in mine has had a dab in the center of the flower. The flower on the bottom can get pretty dark as compared to the stuff on top after the 8-10th draw.
The top of the product will often be dome shaped and away from the sides of the chamber. The heat being attenuated by the product underneath it, combined with the distance from the sides of the chamber keeps it just a little lighter than the rest. I don't feel the 'layer' of under-vaped bud is all that thick 99.9% of the time. Often I stir and see it's pretty brown underneath.

I'd like to add that today as I was messing around with the mouthpiece during a sesh, I decided to draw without any mouthpiece attached at all, by sucking on the end over the hole lol

Can confirm did get nice hit :)

Last edited:
rewindselector,
Reactions: wildything

Taz

Tester
Strange because mine is even as can be and I use it at all temps. I also make sure to clear mine after turning off for 2 draws min?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Taz one thing you haven't brought up is how fine you're grinding your material. Could be a factor, maybe shouldn't be same as you use for Solo?
How does abv look after high temp half bowl with oil pad covering? Just to kinda check the capabilities.
Hey, you still have another 10 degrees to max 410 and if you lay on that for a few hits abv will be darker, no? For me there's a real point of diminishing returns as flavor nosedives and irritation increases.
Lots of factors for a stoner to assess, at worst possible time! Visible cloud, effect, flavor, effect, abv color, effect, efficiency. Of course, there's effect...

vapviking,
Reactions: Taz

Mr. Me2

You may also want to check your cu for leaks. Just remove it, cover the air intake with your thumb and draw on the mouthpiece. There should be no airflow.

I also agree that it may also be how you pack the oven...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Agreed.

Every chamber I've packed in mine has had a dab in the center of the flower. The flower on the bottom can get pretty dark as compared to the stuff on top after the 8-10th draw.
The top of the product will often be dome shaped and away from the sides of the chamber. The heat being attenuated by the product underneath it, combined with the distance from the sides of the chamber keeps it just a little lighter than the rest. I don't feel the 'layer' of under-vaped bud is all that thick 99.9% of the time. Often I stir and see it's pretty brown underneath.

I use a domed screen in the top of my Mighty and Herbalizer. It keeps the bud in the lower part of the chamber and doesn't allow it to get the top screen dirty. I've found that it improves the ABV consistency to be pretty close to even through the whole load. The only times I've had issue with the bottom cooking faster than the top is when I packed the bowl too tightly.

Winegums,
Reactions: biohacker

AntiGravity

@AntiGravity welcome to FC, try searching - those questions have been answered a bunch in this thread. I've expanded on the pass-through very recently in fact. I would never charge when the batteries are warm.

I really do not mean to be too big too big a dick here, but you are suggesting to search through a thread with 6000 posts. Searching for variations of charg mostly yields people pointing out how unorganized we are and to some other posts suggesting to... well search this thread.

Would it not be more helpful, if you linked to your very recent expansion on this topic, next time?

There are more search results to "charg*" than the search is able to show.

For posterity, biohacker was talking about... I can't tell what he was talking about:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-266#post-939063

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-266#post-939013

Last edited:
AntiGravity,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

You cannot estimate extraction by abv color. My Mighty abv never gets as dark as some other vapes. But put it in a high temp vape like the Nano, and nothing is left. This is the only real way to test the thoroughness of your extraction....try the ABV in a vape you know can get close to 430F. If you get no substantial vapor, the Mighty is doing its job.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: vapviking

darbarikanada

for what it's worth, my experience with the mighty matches yours - it's 'done' when the color is what I call ocher (brownish-yellow) - but I don't consider it a problem. it's remarkably consistent: .10g weed, liquid pad on top, 3-4 tasty, cool vapes @ 160ºC, 2 - 3 more @ 170 (still tasty but less so, and bigger clouds). if I then bump up the temperature to the max, I get 1 or 1.5 more hits that taste terrible (a recent one made me think of 'old car grease'). when I empty the bowl, it's always evenly-colored (without stirring - one of the traits the mighty's known for, from what I've heard). at this point I only do the bump-up to be sure the weed's truly spent, but as I'm getting to know the mighty I'll probably not even bother.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Have not, but I prefer ground glass adapter. I use an Arizer 18mm whip adapter that's about ten dollars. Next choice would be silicone SonG, cause I try to avoid the metal on glass, scratching, different expansion characteristics, etc.

Interesting black tubing. Shows less oily stuff inside but maybe shows more grit/dust on its outside compared to white?

The tubing is the highest grade silicone tubing we could find. As some silicone tubing can leach out its contents over time, we chose a grade that wouldn't.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed,

shaolinmilk

I've had my Mighty for 10 months now and it's still working like a beast. I use my Mighty at least twice a day on weekdays and charge it multiple times on the weekends so you guys should have an understanding of how much I use this device. I have dropped my Mighty in the toilet (posted about this before), on concrete floors multiple times (no dents or cracks) and it's still producing vapour like it was from day one. This thing is a friggen beast!!!

Rosin

I got through 4 Crafty's on warranty before settling on the mighty.

I miss the stealthiness but the heat up speed, battery capacity and reliability more than make up for it.

I bought one of the glass easy flow mouth pieces for it too which makes for a nicer overall experience.

Top Bottom